Wyndham Vacation Rentals Employee Reviews

Awkward Startup with Deep Pockets
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Sevierville, TNFebruary 26, 2017
Wyndham Worldwide is the largest hospitality company in the world. And they have deep pockets to show for it which is great for employee pay and benefits and company growth. However, what that creates from the vacation rentals business is a very clunky and, at times, misguided business. They buy successful companies then make rather unsuccessful attempts to integrate them which can nearly eliminate the business all together.

This makes for a somewhat reactive work environment with tight deadlines, tense meetings, and inconsistent management.

They do harbor the "Count On Me" culture which does a pretty good job at inspiring encouragement around the office.

Not innovative. Very behind on technologies.
Pros
Pay, Company Growth, Benefits, Encouraging Office Culture
Cons
Limited Opportunities, Inconsistent Management, Reactive Culture, Primitive Technologies, Limited PTO
Room attendant
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCAugust 23, 2016
I typical day at work began at nine in the morning and most of the time I ended my day around four o'clock in the afternoon. I was very fast and time aware, so this made me work at a level that got the rooms done faster and adequate.
benefits
Cons
working holidays
vacation rentals
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLOctober 4, 2015
Fun place to work. Learned about the surrounding areas from Pensacola to Panama City Beach Florida. My most enjoyable part of the job was finding a place for my customer to come and enjoy their vacations. The hardest part of the job was not knowing anything about Florida, had to learn areas pretty quickly. I educated myself and quickly learned the system and the areas and was able to get myself in the top ten of the call center. Received many count on me and made it to the million club in less than a year.
Pros
Bonuses, Comp. Stays at any resort
Cons
n/a
Great experience in the HR field.
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Bethany Beach, DEMarch 3, 2015
New hiring processes for incoming employees over the summer. Organize new hire paper work and packets, present orientation, run through paper work with new hires to make sure they filled everything out well.

Personnel Action Notices (PAN's) for employees in each department included in this work. Visas, I-9's, Passport verification. Compliance updates for senior employees, answer any questions about compliance, pay, direct deposit, etc.
Pros
Independent work days, great morale in office, interaction with people everyday
Cons
Downtime, repetitive work
Stable job but no room to grow
Housekeeping Inspector (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLAugust 20, 2014
Work is very stable, always 40 hours a week and the benefits were awesome and affordable. However, if you want to advance your career in the tourism industry, it either takes years or you don't move up at all. Work was very routine from day to day.
Pros
Benefits, stable work
Cons
No room to move up, very monotonous work
Excellent Co-workers
Liaison Property Data Contractor (Current Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLFebruary 2, 2015
Easy going, friendly environment. There is free coffee and certain foods occasionally. Management is superb, it is a pleasure to work with them.
Pros
Friendly, Team Goals
Cons
Short Breaks
Team Oriented Culture
Homeowner Relations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTFebruary 13, 2015
Great company although hard to get approvals at the corporate level. Not very helpful with helping one grow professionally. Great people and values though.
Wonderful Company
Guest Services Manager/Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Hilton Head Island, SCDecember 1, 2013
The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to talk to people on a daily basis.
best job ever
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLMarch 8, 2014
the staff was great the exprience was great my day was a great day always busy and always positive
Housekeeping Inspector (Current Employee) –  Seagrove Beach, FLOctober 2, 2014
Well structured company. Good training and lots of opportunities.