Wyndham Worldwide Employee Reviews

Tri-state Area
Assorted Roles (Current Employee), Parsippany, NJAugust 10, 2015
The largest hotel franchisor in the NY Tri-state area for those commuting within this area. Job/Work Life balance initiatives continues to be strong.
Poor employee support
Marketing Manager, Resort Host recruiter (Former Employee), Indio Ca., Big Bear Ca.August 8, 2015
Pros: Fellow employees
Cons: Upper managerment
Lack of management support
High demand for un realistic preformance
No consideration for family responsibilities
Fast to judgement with out consideration of personal preformance
Nice place to work
Payroll Garnishment Specialist (Current Employee), Parsippany, NJAugust 2, 2015
Nice place to work. Good leadership. Open door policy.
Meet great people Enjoyed the culture at the job Everyone has a voice
productive, fun work place
Inhouse sales management (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 31, 2015
Pros: working with people, good income
I was involved in meetings , sales, paperwork and closing on a daily basis. I learned how to interact with employees and customers, how to present the program, how to close the sale and how to do budgets. I also became skilled in paperwork, writing reports, running meetings and how to be a professional manager.
Restructuring and outsourcing
CSIT/Consultant (Current Employee), Parsippany, NJJuly 29, 2015
Pros: A hold off job until you find something
Cons: Many, not all business units run the same, corp is a different beast
As a contractor your input is not valued much. There seems to be a rather large restructuring so your management changes often. Many tasks and/or departments are outsourced, job prospect low.

Work/life balance can be non-existing in IT unless you fight for the time off. Overtime is fought but expected. You have to keep track and make sure you get the time off.

Management skills are lacking, micro-managing is the norm. I see very little leadership with the exception of IT Architecture groups.

Beware of interview description versus what you actually do when you start, unless you have an agency that will back you up, you could find yourself frustrated.

Peers are pretty good, in the same boat so you get that kind of camaraderie.
Great work environment
maintenance specialist (Current Employee), Bethany Beach, DEJuly 24, 2015
The management and coworkers all care for each other and are very helpful and always make sure you have the proper tools and knowledge to complete daily task.
MY Own Business
Sales and Specialist Presenter (Former Employee), maui, hawaiiJuly 15, 2015
Pros: MY Own
Cons: My Own
Provided Island wide service and sales. great travel.. always a new job. new challenges,, lots of travel. very lucrative. It was my own business started from ground up.
Fun and excititng place to work
Sales Councelor (Former Employee), Chicago, IllinoisJune 23, 2015
Whyndham is a very diverse company with a great culture to learn and grow as a person and employee. It has lots of opportunities for growth and meeting great people is just part the work atmosphere.
I would recommend this company to anyone looking to accelerate there career.
Not good place to work
Compensation Coordinator (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJMay 28, 2015
a lot of politic in this corporation and very bad environment.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Excellent organization
Director, Regional Marketing (Former Employee), Regional OfficeMay 19, 2015
Pros: Tuition Reimbursement
Wyndham is an exceptional organization! By taking advantage of the tuition reimbursement program, I was able to obtain my Masters and Doctorate degrees.
Good People with Good Ethics
Owner Relations (Former Employee), Redmond ORApril 26, 2015
They provide great training, great advancement opportunities, wonderful work environment, and wonderfully interesting people.
Vacation Sales Rep
Sales Rep (Former Employee), WindsorApril 22, 2015
Pros: good hours, usually off by 1pm
Cons: hard to make money, difficult job unless your an actor with no feelings
I am a positive person and wish there were more reviews to protect me from the move to join Worldmark. So I am writing a review for you to know the inside reality.
This company hires 6-10 new employees every 2-3 weeks. Only 1 will make it in the real job and be tough enough to last 6 months average while going broke. I have never seen a company waste so much time on training and have such high turnover. Now I see they are seeking the extreme breed that are actors and do anything to make the sale. If you represent integrity this is not the job for you. You are strictly a number and only sales volume counts. You are told you'll get 10 tours and close 2. You really get 4-5 a week and close 1 out of 30. Unless you walk the grey line, are manipulative and say what ever to push urgency to close the deal. The manager says if you are goofy and corky you can sell and people will like you otherwise I say it is a numbers game of luck. You are told to be an actor with your tours and guide them to sale by mind games. It is hard to get time off and have to work all weekends, holidays except for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I watched an employee of many years get let go because she took a vacation and didn't sell min sales amount in the slowest month of the year. One of the new managers was great and actually cared for you the others just cared about sales volume and were always mad, upset and negatively talking to employees frustrated but telling reps to be fun on the tables. You can be the hero one day and the next get bad looks all based on your daily sales. Also, I always have to log – more... my sales and extra promised perks and have to ask consistently to be paid correctly. After months of making no money I have decided to leave and now I am told I will not get my months sales bonus because I left before the end of the month even though I finally hit the bonus level. And I'm told my final check will take 3-6 months. This company is horrible to employees and centers around greed. I think the managers mean well but they are pressured so much they cant possibly do their job with not letting it show and turn into monsters.
I did however learn stronger inner core confidence and enjoyed my team members- we all bond like battered employees and work as a team to fend in the negative environment. – less
It's who you know
Manager - End User Services and Engineering (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 20, 2015
Simply put, if you are not part of sales you are second rate. There is a lot of issues with leadership and HR where priorities are questionable. But if you like an environment where you understand this type of leadership you can do very well.
Great Place to work
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJMarch 14, 2015
Typical day would be handling all administrative functions for the entire Corporate Communications & Marketing Department.
team work, fun place to work with room to get better everyday
Community Marketing Agent (Former Employee), las vegas, NVFebruary 22, 2015
starting off my day i would ask my managers if there is any special task they need done if not i would find something i need to finish up or follow up on. make myself busy by learning new things and perfecting my craft. If my coworkers need any help with anything or have any questions i would try and help them out as much as possible before we had to get help from management. helping customers get what they need or make them happy is the best part about the job.
Amazing company with exciting opportunities
In-House Sales Agent (Current Employee), Destin, FLFebruary 18, 2015
Servicing and assisting Wyndham clients' vacation ownership. Evaluating accounts and making recommendations for improvement, negotiating sales of Wyndham deeds. Exceptional sales team, driven and successful, the highest level of talent in management and associates.
Salary versus Production
Customer Marketing Agent (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NevadaFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: pay!!!!! management, non-development, non- promotional, favoritism, deception and commissioned based
The only way to make money here is to book a lot of timeshare tours. This isn't the job for everyone. Management has favorites and do not support staff only those who books tours and make them money. The co-workers are good and bad. The hardest part of the job is getting people to commit to timeshare tours.
A competitive enviroment, with some of the best salesmen in the business.
In House Sales Representative (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: great commission and bonus structure. good benefits.
Cons: working weekends, no base salary.
A typical day at work consist of upselling existing owners of wyndham vacaion ownership, refinancing, upgrading to VIP, and putting deeds into a trust are some of the routine proceedures.Throughout my employement here I have leaned valuble sales techniques that have been designed by some of the best in the business by many years of trial and error. The hardest part of this job is getting owners to agree to meet with you while on vacaion to discuss thier ownership, Bourbon street is my competitor. The most enjoyable part of my job is bringing families together and providing them with quality time through vacaion ownership.
Sales
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Margate, FLJanuary 24, 2015
It was interesting. I learned alot. The managers were nice but not extremely helpful but I did learn that sales it not for me. There could be really amazing days where you are selling everything and those days are great but there can be extremely horrible days where you cant sell anything. I something that is more consistent
Marketing Host (Former Employee), Long Beach, WAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: great boss
Cons: base plus commission pay
I enjoyed the time with the owners and learning about why they love or hate their ownership with this Vacation ownership company. I also loved to hear where they had been or where their next trip was going to be.