Wyndham Worldwide

Wyndham Worldwide Employer Reviews

A community minded organization.
Business Analyst Lead (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJNovember 14, 2014
Pros: free gym on premises; cafeteria; new environmentally conscious facilities
One of the best things about Wyndham is its involvement in local charities and organizations. During my tenure there I was able to participate in the corporate partnership with Big Brothers and Big Sisters which was a very enjoyable experience.
Amazing Culture
Corporate Trainer (Current Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 11, 2014
Wyndham provides a culture unlike any other I have experienced. The benefits, employee events, and office environment are unparalleled.
Deceptive Sales, Marketing, & pay structure as well as lack of commnication.
MARKETING/CONCIERGE (Former Employee), Williamsburg, VANovember 4, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: to many to list
Deceptive Sales and Marketing. Management is the poorest I have ever experienced. No communication between various managers as well as other personnel. Never having appropriate calateral
Productive fun place to work
Club Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee), Carmel, INNovember 4, 2014
Pros: company outings, compensation, work/life balance
Cons: in indiana
I work for a company by the Name of RCI which is a branch of Wyndham Worldwide. RCI was voted on of Indianapolis top places to work.

I love my job but I am looking to relocate is the only reason I would consider leaving.
Time share sales
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Long Beach WashingtonOctober 25, 2014
Pros: excellent training in sales techniques
Cons: i felt depressed to go into work, to submit my integrity and personal morals into questionable circumstances.
The management were clearly only there to benefit their personal friends with the best opportunities with sales. The manager I worked with had a serious drug abuse problem and used while on shift on company property.
Fun work environment, great management
Business Development (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 13, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: no holidays or paid vacation
Share our product with customers and close the sale. I learned a great deal about sales. The sales training was rigorous and in depth. Management was amazing, co-workers were funny and entertaining. The hardest part of the job was the amount of down time. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping families make their dreams come true.
Great Leadership and good Work/Life Balance
Finance Business Analysis Internship (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJOctober 8, 2014
Pros: vacation, compensation and overall experience
Cons: nothing
Great company to work for with great leadership and work/life balance. Decent career opportunities and also great benefits and compensation.
Engineer II (Current Employee), Oxon Hill, MdOctober 1, 2014
Great diversity, loved the people. I learne a lot pertaining to my field. Excellent training.
Company made a lot of major changes which decreased income drastically.
Frontline Sales (Current Employee), Myrtle BeachSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: great company with a great product
Cons: change in upper management dramatically reduced income.
Very positive work environment. Upper management made some major changes which dramatically negatively impacted commissions. Great coworkers family atmosphere. The hardest part of the job is going for days without making a sale. The best part of the job is the feeling of helping people with their vacationing needs.
Large company, but had internal issues
Front Line Sales (Current Employee), North Myrtle Beach, SCSeptember 25, 2014
The company was not terrible, but it bought two rival publications in the same area which was difficult for management to remain arbitrary.
Very competitive sales environment.
Timeshare Sales Representative (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: spiffs, bonuses, events, etc
Cons: the biggest con was transporting families to the sites with no compensation for gas.
As a Timeshare Vacation Consultant, i would arrive to work at 6:45 am every morning for our morning sales training. there we learned how we could improve different aspects of our sales techniques and processes in order to achieve a much desired sale. After the meeting we would be assigned to a site where we wait on a tour. Once assigned a tour, we then – more... are expected to apply our sales expertise and training in order to produce a sale as the final outcome. I certainly learned a lot about what it takes to be a successful salesman, despite the product that is being sold. I had excellent co-workers and management who were more than eager to offer training and advice. The hardest aspect of this profession is definitely maintaining a positive state of mind. The most enjoyable part of the job is without a doubt walking out of deeding knowing that you gave everything you had in order to produce the sale. – less
Marketing Coordinator
marketing coordinator (Former Employee), New Orleans, LASeptember 18, 2014
I worked as a marketing coordinator. I promoted Wyndham vacation ownership and New Orleans tourism.
a typical day at work
ETL Tech Lead (Current Employee), Parsippany, NJSeptember 16, 2014
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Great Place to work
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: flex hours
Treat people like people, manager is very friendly and kind
Good hospitaly company
Lead Business Analyst (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJSeptember 9, 2014
Learn a lot of hospitality knowledge working in Wyndham Worldwide. They are some good talented people.
Great Place to Work
Wellness Program Specialist, Wyndham Worldwide (Current Employee), Morris Plains, NJSeptember 8, 2014
This company really takes care of the associates. Many amenities in the corporate office like and on-site fitness center, wellness program, flu shots, biometric screenings, great cafeteria, on-site store and even barista bar (Starbucks).
I
Overall this is good company to work for.
Technical Systems Specialist (Current Employee), New York Tri-State AreaAugust 25, 2014
Very good company to work for, challenges are depending on department very little opportunity to grow within.
Sales - More Pro's than Con's
Vacation Consultant (Current Employee), Upper MidwestAugust 20, 2014
Pros: unlimited earnings, advancement opportunities, great people, relaxed atmosphere, you do not get in trouble for getting a few no's in between sales.
Cons: draw pay 7.25/hr (you pay that back when you get commissions, some days you may not get out on tour so all you earn is draw pay. when you do sell, deals can kick meaning they "return it" and you get no money for it.
You get to come in and converse with some of the best people you will meet who is truly there to help you including your co workers and management. Management not only wants to help you but, they also have to. A sale for you means money for them so they will try very hard to make you money. The toughest part of this job is hearing "NO" and sometimes – more... seeing lousy checks for a certain time frame. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you are making sales, you are making very good money. You only put in 2-4 hrs per day truly working and the money you can make is amazing. If you can learn the program and effectively sell vacations, you will be rich in a short amount of time. – less
You can make a lot of money there, but you also have to deal with inconsistent management types.
Sr. Member Services Agant (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 29, 2014
Pros: excellent income potential, excellent benefits, reasonable work hours
Cons: high stress, inconsistent management quality
I learned how to sell at Wyndham. Before working there, I made about $45,000/year. In my first year at Wyndham, I made $145,000. In the middle of my 11 year career, before the economic downturn, I was averaging closer to $300,000/year. All commission.

Wyndham's benefits are generous. They offer a 15% matching 401k, a discount stock purchase program, – more... employee rates at their hotels and resorts worldwide, and very generous "spiffs". One person in my office who referred seven of his former co-workers from another company to works as sales executives at Wyndham earned a total of $77,700 in rewards for recruiting them. Wow. And at the end of the year, for those who reach the top sales tier, they win a $15,000 cash bonus and a $15,000 corporate trip to one of the world's most amazing resorts.

Sales executives are highly talented, dress very well, are well educated, but sometimes have very "spoiled" demeanors, which often needed to be put in check. Management could vary from competent and highly ethical to incompetent and amoral. I left the company because I was asked to "look the other way" and "tell them (guests) anything" to get a sale. I refused, we had a stand off, and I stubbornly told them I wouldn't quit-they would have to fire me, which they did the next day. I never looked back with regret.

The most enjoyable part of my job was working with guests and solving their problems. I was assigned to work with only two guests (two sets of husbands and wives) daily. So, my daily schedule could range from 8:30am to 3:00pm. Not a bad way to make $1,000 a day!

Also, because I was assigned to work with existing VIP clients, I was privileged to be on a national travelling sales team. On that, Wyndham would coordinate fabulous getaway weekends for a small group of VIP guests and their referrals (at major sporting event, a winery) where we would either sell new memberships or upgrade existing ones.

The most difficult part of working with Wyndham was being grounded. I had to keep reminding myself that the money and the perks were all fleeting. I left from there more well off than ever before, and with more confidence in myself that I could accomplish highly established personal goals. – less
Great hectic place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Sevierville, TNJuly 9, 2014
You learn time management and how to deal with problems by yourself.

1 2 3

About Wyndham Worldwide

Wyndham Worldwide Corporation is a hospitality company engaged in offering individual consumers and business customers a range – Read more

Wyndham Worldwide Photos