Wyndham Worldwide Employee Reviews

Dont work there
Tour Reception (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJune 21, 2017
Management can do no wrong, even if you talk to HR, the managers are always right. Timeshare business is very stressful and dog eat dog. No one shows anyone with respect.
Pros
Cons
Pay, management, sales force
run for your life sell your eggs
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJune 20, 2017
Was sexually assaulted
berated by office staff
told I had poor performance
they always asked for money
staff from Wells Fargo and Cornell showed up mad at me for the assault for going.

they showed me a deal and I thought I had to go to that apartment building where my ex was that wanted nothing to do with me. the streets wear packed screaming no but I went and I thought it would be fine when I got back I thought it was just something to do but it got worse. it was constant bereavement by senior staff leaders, no Jews allowed (are we in the 30s?)
respectable work place with many benefits
Server/Waiter (Current Employee) –  Ossining, NYJune 13, 2017
Positive work environment with potential future growth with in the company.
The work environment is encouraging with a fun.
Safety is enforced and regulated
Wyndham is not a place i would ever want ro work again
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Angels Camp, CAJune 13, 2017
That place was so messsd up liars and two faced managment. No raises unless u have good behavior that place is very stressful and housekeepers ars know as the lowest pieces of trash there
Pros
Guest were great
Cons
Managment very rude and slanderous
Que sea divertido
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 12, 2017
Que sea divertido que sea unido todos los empleadores
Growth
Contract Administrator/Tour Reception (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 6, 2017
A typical day at work will consist of high pressure sales contracts being processed, reports, and reconciliations. Processing credit applications for timeshare mortgage loans with Paypal and Wyndham Rewards. I have to constantly be in communication with other departments, managers, and out-of-site corporate personnel, in order to adequately complete contracts submissions. Meet daily deadlines to avoid recessions and analyze all transactions in the end of the shift.
Pros
Much experience in administration duties and importance.
Cons
N/a
You get pretty good benefits, but no time at all to use them
Assistant Outlet Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 23, 2017
If you are on salary be prepared to work 60+ hours a week. They say that they reward employees, but when you ask for a raise don't expect an answer. Even when your outlet gets out of the red numbers and starts MAKING profit your hard work won't be recognized.

Don't expect much training. Even though the hospitality business is pretty straight forward and fairly fast paced. They will still just throw you in sink or swim. Even though when an employee is properly trained they will be more successful and help the business prosper. Even when I mentioned a training handbook for my outlets they said that it would be a waste of time.

Also, don't expect any support from your managers. Everyone is looking to make themselves look better. If you mess up it is on you. They love to write people up and fire people. If you don't get fired they will push you to the point of quitting. Even though they are extremely under staffed.

My suggestion is after you apply go talk to the employees. Ask them how they like it and how their managers treat them. Mention that you are looking to apply there. Do that at multiple hospitality locations to find the best pick for you. I wouldn't recommend the Wyndham at all.
Pros
Provides food
Cons
They work you to death if you are on salary
set up rooms
Banquet Set-up (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 20, 2017
l do a good job set up rooms good day most mistakes made by people easy day manager good at job some times set up rooms days off help each other team work
Pros
free lunches
Cons
health care
great
housekeeper (Current Employee) –  2875 greenspiuont parkwayMay 13, 2017
the wydham hotel is great at least the one im at in hoffman estatesthe ag is alsome housekeeping is alsome front desk is alsome the people there are just so alsome helpful caring and loving to everyone
Pros
lunch
Cons
breaks healthcare
Overall started out ok but lost keys people business delined the first year was good .
P/M Chef (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 24, 2017
Management very unorganized poor communication between staff and management..Will not hire entire staff always bringing in temps never held accountable when shift approaches.
Pros
Some staff was ok to work with but not enough team players everyone for self
Cons
Charge for uniforms that I barely received and employee meals insurance sky high
Great Leaders to be working around
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CAApril 23, 2017
Great Leaders not only managers but as well co-workers, learn many things. Inproved my communication skills, as well did alot of Over time witch i did 't mond what so ever cause i liked doing the job
Interesting Company
Travel Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 23, 2017
Staff and co-workers very nice. Working at a call center a bit tough based on the time breaks. Learned quite a bit for the travel industry. Always available to assist as if you had questions or needed retraining. Salary was a bit low for market.
Stay on your A game or you won't make it.
In-House Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Panama City Beach, FLApril 22, 2017
7am-4pm most days including weekends and holidays
You have to be prepared every day and it starts the night before
Tough management. Will make you tough.
Man's world
continually practicing every day and staying focused at all times
Makes you a better person. You can deal with anyone after this.
Pros
Bonus checks are good if you're good
Cons
You'll have to take the constant beating
Cut throat and you are not a manager you let the system do it for you
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Sevierville, TNApril 20, 2017
Worst mistake of my life even in what I did in the Marine Corp during the wars I was in. As a manager you are not one the system has no room for a manager that knows how there team works.
Pros
Non
Cons
time wasted
Nice work envirnoment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCApril 19, 2017
Wyndham Worldwide was a nice place to work out. Meet new people everyday. Training was very informational and well-needed. Fellow sales reps where nice and help. Didn't tour much because there were +100 reps and not enough tours to go around.
Pros
Great location for lunch options
Cons
Didnt tour much
Wonderful company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 18, 2017
Best place to work. GREAT training, benifits and work enviourment. Lots of employee perks, bonuses, spiffs.Office is beautiful place to work and play.
Do not bother
Manager (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOApril 18, 2017
A lot of favoritism no deversity watsever. If management decided not to like you for some reason they will just throw you out. And I do know what I am talking about.
Cons
Fullfilling and taught me a great deal about management and sales
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCApril 9, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of reviewing all existing accounts of our corporate guests. Local canvasing for new guest prospects. Training and coaching of a sales team in which I ran.
Pros
Vacation, holiday paid
I wouldn't if I were you.
Manifest (Former Employee) –  Panama City Beach, FLApril 8, 2017
This job seemed like an absolute dream at first, everybody was welcoming and willing to help. Then I guess my grace period was up. The CMA's and CMA supervisors were wonderful however my supervisor was not all I thought. I was having to preform duties outside my job title, things that I was not even allowed to be doing. I had to make sure people didn't see me pulling deposits from a secured area that I technically should not have been in. I was hired under the impression that in my down time I was there to assist, and I'm fine with that... but assist here an there turned into doing half of my supervisors job on top of my own job. I would be made to feel guilty when I didn't have time to get everything done. Made to feel guilty for running a few minutes late when my supervisor was on her own schedule, showing up and leaving for work whenever she wanted and writing her time in. Leaving to run personal errands on the clock. the pay was not nearly as much as the work was. I was blamed for mistakes made that I had to keep checking to see if I made because I found that 90% of the time the mistake wasn't mine but was someone else's and nothing was said when I brought it up. I felt that I couldn't ask questions because it seemed if I didn't get it quick enough my supervisor got impatient. All and all I truly just wouldn't recommend it. I'm just not good at dealing with that kind of stuff, I believe in equality and working just as hard as your employees when you are a supervisor. The CMA supervisors absolutely did, just not the administrative side.
Benefits
Cons
Overworked and under appreciated
Phone sales agent
GROUP SALES AGENT (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, SDApril 8, 2017
Call center environment, good training, supervisor availabe for continual assistance, fun place to work. Able to work 30 hours per week, good benefits, rewarded team contributions, individual and group recognition.
Enjoyed the group of people I worked with and my supervisor was excellent. Physical environment could stand some improvement.
Benefits
Cons
Pay scale low

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wyndham Worldwide. Our community is ready to answer.