Wyndham Worldwide

Wyndham Worldwide Employer Reviews

Great Place to Work
Wellness Program Specialist, Wyndham Worldwide (Current Employee), Morris Plains, NJSeptember 8, 2014
This company really takes care of the associates. Many amenities in the corporate office like and on-site fitness center, wellness program, flu shots, biometric screenings, great cafeteria, on-site store and even barista bar (Starbucks).
I
Overall this is good company to work for.
Technical Systems Specialist (Current Employee), New York Tri-State AreaAugust 25, 2014
Very good company to work for, challenges are depending on department very little opportunity to grow within.
Sales - More Pro's than Con's
Vacation Consultant (Current Employee), Upper MidwestAugust 20, 2014
Pros: unlimited earnings, advancement opportunities, great people, relaxed atmosphere, you do not get in trouble for getting a few no's in between sales.
Cons: draw pay 7.25/hr (you pay that back when you get commissions, some days you may not get out on tour so all you earn is draw pay. when you do sell, deals can kick meaning they "return it" and you get no money for it.
You get to come in and converse with some of the best people you will meet who is truly there to help you including your co workers and management. Management not only wants to help you but, they also have to. A sale for you means money for them so they will try very hard to make you money. The toughest part of this job is hearing "NO" and sometimes seeing lousy checks for a certain time frame. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you are making sales, you are making very good money. You only put in 2-4 hrs per day truly working and the money you can make is amazing. If you can learn the program and effectively sell vacations, you will be rich in a short amount of time.
You can make a lot of money there, but you also have to deal with inconsistent management types.
Sr. Member Services Agant (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 29, 2014
Pros: excellent income potential, excellent benefits, reasonable work hours
Cons: high stress, inconsistent management quality
I learned how to sell at Wyndham. Before working there, I made about $45,000/year. In my first year at Wyndham, I made $145,000. In the middle of my 11 year career, before the economic downturn, I was averaging closer to $300,000/year. All commission.

Wyndham's benefits are generous. They offer a 15% matching 401k, a discount stock purchase program, employee rates at their hotels and resorts worldwide, and very generous "spiffs". One person in my office who referred seven of his former co-workers from another company to works as sales executives at Wyndham earned a total of $77,700 in rewards for recruiting them. Wow. And at the end of the year, for those who reach the top sales tier, they win a $15,000 cash bonus and a $15,000 corporate trip to one of the world's most amazing resorts.

Sales executives are highly talented, dress very well, are well educated, but sometimes have very "spoiled" demeanors, which often needed to be put in check. Management could vary from competent and highly ethical to incompetent and amoral. I left the company because I was asked to "look the other way" and "tell them (guests) anything" to get a sale. I refused, we had a stand off, and I stubbornly told them I wouldn't quit-they would have to fire me, which they did the next day. I never looked back with regret.

The most enjoyable part of my job was working with guests and solving their problems. I was assigned to work with only two guests (two sets of husbands and wives) daily. So, my daily schedule could range from 8:30am to 3:00pm. Not a bad way to make $1,000 a day!

Also, because I was – more... assigned to work with existing VIP clients, I was privileged to be on a national travelling sales team. On that, Wyndham would coordinate fabulous getaway weekends for a small group of VIP guests and their referrals (at major sporting event, a winery) where we would either sell new memberships or upgrade existing ones.

The most difficult part of working with Wyndham was being grounded. I had to keep reminding myself that the money and the perks were all fleeting. I left from there more well off than ever before, and with more confidence in myself that I could accomplish highly established personal goals. – less
Great hectic place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Sevierville, TNJuly 9, 2014
You learn time management and how to deal with problems by yourself.
My position was self managed and great benefits
Director, Operations and Support (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJune 25, 2014
Pros: car, phone, laptop, ipad provided. weekends off
Cons: work days were necessarily longer than most
As a Director of Operations and Support, there was weekly travel. Great opportunity to meet and support hotel owners and operators.
Great Workplace
Vacation Ownership Consultant (Current Employee), Alexandria, VAJune 24, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Cons: high pressure, you need mental toughness to be one of the top sells reps. this can be looked at as a pro or con.
Wyndham is a great place to work, plenty of challenging sales professionals working to sale the worlds greatest most flexible points based vacation ownership program there is. In just a month and a half I've learned about sales psychology, fine tuning my people skills, and learning about a great product that I'm going to own one day. Co-Workers are great and helpful, and I've made good gains on the sales floor in just a month. I think I can sale any product after working for Wyndham Worldwide, "That's how confident I am in this company"!
great culture and team. Not enough clients for the amount of sales associates
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAJune 23, 2014
Pros: free meals, positive environment, great training.
Cons: hard to take time off, micromanagement
great company, awesome culture, positive happy work place.
Great work place
Senior Sales Representative, In- House/ RCI Team (Former Employee), Delaware, PAMay 15, 2014
Pros: meet new people
Cons: non
Developing and delivering presentations. The company and co-workers all Facilitate a positive attitude/sales environment
Corporate Legal
Record Assistant (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJApril 23, 2014
Unfortunate to see this company disbanded into multiple companies. Was a very friendly place to work
Hospitality Sector: Hardworking and Honest Professional Seeking New Opportunities
Night Auditor/Guest Relations Representative (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOApril 22, 2014
Pros: working with my wonderful guests!
Cons: n/a
Since joining Wyndham Worldwide/Days Inn, I've made many contributions to organizational performance standards. These contributions have increased ADR/Rev Par and Guest Satisfactory Scores. All in all, I absolutely love working in the hospitality sector and continue to seek new leadership opportunities!
Productive, Encouraging, and Great Atmosphere
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJApril 21, 2014
Pros: excellent vacation perks, uncentives
This was a great company to work for. A typical day require heavy calendar management, multitasking, opening up a heavu maiload for the payroll department and checks.
Wyndham NOT a good place to work and do NOT recommend
Guest Services Associate (Former Employee), Williamsburg, VAApril 9, 2014
Cons: all items listed in review
HR takes care of management, not employees. You are on your own. Too much favortism. They do no foster/support people with disabilities to succeed. I STRONGLY DO NOT RECOMMEND WYNDHAM.
Nice perks and okay work environment
Timeshare Telesales Representative (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 18, 2014
Pros: incentives to various local parks
Cons: hitting goals not always realistic, environment can be unfair
Great for a sales environment on a temporary basis. Fun while you hit your goals.....Enjoyed the learning of vacation timeshare programs
fast pace job
Seasonal Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Discovery Bay, WAMarch 7, 2014
daily maintenaince checks, shampoo caperts, replace appliances when needed, general maintenaince on resort homes.
Great place to work.
Telemarketing sales/Customer Service (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 25, 2014
Great Company.
Productive and fun working environment.
Supervisor - Accounts Controls and Administration (Former Employee), Orlando FloridaFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: excellent opportunity to learn new product, new leadership techniques.
Cons: utilized interns and associates via staffing agencies. was challenging due to limited training.
Extremely busy, fast paced, auditing of 4-6k mortgage contracts per month. Excellent opportunity to interact with employees throughout the day by working side by side.
I gained extensive knowledge of the mortgage/vacation ownership business.
The management team was always under pressure due to volume and staffing. We paid out a lot of OT. We were almost always understaffed, but they did the best they could to support us with limited resources.
The hardest part of the job was that we were understaffed and unable to hire additional headcount due to budget restraints. As leaders we spent a lot of time working as associates which gave us limited time for coaching and development.
Most enjoyable was learning a new business, interacting daily with associates, peers both internal and outside sales. Getting to meet business partners and gaining understanding of how their business impacted ours.
Unique, hospitality driven Count On Me culture
SENIOR MANAGER, STRATEGIC SOURCING (Current Employee), Parsippany, New JerseyFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: fantastic co-workers, challenging job assigments
One of the best companies and places I've ever worked. Terrific company culture and fantastic co-workers.
A good place to work at.
Implementation Analyst (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJFebruary 14, 2014
Pros: health benefits, coworkers
Cons: working on weekends and holidays
Overall Wyndham is a good company to work at. A typical day at work will be calling the franchisee and working with them to getting the proper Property Management System install at the property. I have learned a great deal of customer service and how to work with the franchisee when they have questions or they are upset with something. My coworkers were fun and great to work with. We supported each other and strive to achieve our goals as a department. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the franchisee when they get upset. The most enjoyable part is working with a good group of coworkers.
Great place to work and interac with many franchisee
Contract/Legal Coordinator (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: good company to work for
Cons: healthcare
The typical day was busy open and distributed the mail
making sure that all Contracts were received and log into
the Excel spread sheet. Making calls to the trainers making
hotel reservations
Learned a lot about other culture and Hospitality
Management were ok
My co-workers were great people
Hardest part of the job was making the deadline and year end.
the most enjoyable part of the job was the summer picnic

About Wyndham Worldwide

Wyndham Worldwide Corporation is a hospitality company engaged in offering individual consumers and business customers a range – Read more

Wyndham Worldwide Photos