Wyndham Worldwide Employee Reviews

great
housekeeper (Current Employee) –  2875 greenspiuont parkwayMay 13, 2017
the wydham hotel is great at least the one im at in hoffman estatesthe ag is alsome housekeeping is alsome front desk is alsome the people there are just so alsome helpful caring and loving to everyone
Pros
lunch
Cons
breaks healthcare
Overall started out ok but lost keys people business delined the first year was good .
P/M Chef (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 24, 2017
Management very unorganized poor communication between staff and management..Will not hire entire staff always bringing in temps never held accountable when shift approaches.
Pros
Some staff was ok to work with but not enough team players everyone for self
Cons
Charge for uniforms that I barely received and employee meals insurance sky high
Great Leaders to be working around
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CAApril 23, 2017
Great Leaders not only managers but as well co-workers, learn many things. Inproved my communication skills, as well did alot of Over time witch i did 't mond what so ever cause i liked doing the job
Interesting Company
Travel Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 23, 2017
Staff and co-workers very nice. Working at a call center a bit tough based on the time breaks. Learned quite a bit for the travel industry. Always available to assist as if you had questions or needed retraining. Salary was a bit low for market.
Stay on your A game or you won't make it.
In-House Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Panama City Beach, FLApril 22, 2017
7am-4pm most days including weekends and holidays
You have to be prepared every day and it starts the night before
Tough management. Will make you tough.
Man's world
continually practicing every day and staying focused at all times
Makes you a better person. You can deal with anyone after this.
Pros
Bonus checks are good if you're good
Cons
You'll have to take the constant beating
Cut throat and you are not a manager you let the system do it for you
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Sevierville, TNApril 20, 2017
Worst mistake of my life even in what I did in the Marine Corp during the wars I was in. As a manager you are not one the system has no room for a manager that knows how there team works.
Pros
Non
Cons
time wasted
Nice work envirnoment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCApril 19, 2017
Wyndham Worldwide was a nice place to work out. Meet new people everyday. Training was very informational and well-needed. Fellow sales reps where nice and help. Didn't tour much because there were +100 reps and not enough tours to go around.
Pros
Great location for lunch options
Cons
Didnt tour much
Wonderful company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 18, 2017
Best place to work. GREAT training, benifits and work enviourment. Lots of employee perks, bonuses, spiffs.Office is beautiful place to work and play.
Do not bother
Manager (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOApril 18, 2017
A lot of favoritism no deversity watsever. If management decided not to like you for some reason they will just throw you out. And I do know what I am talking about.
Cons
Fullfilling and taught me a great deal about management and sales
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCApril 9, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of reviewing all existing accounts of our corporate guests. Local canvasing for new guest prospects. Training and coaching of a sales team in which I ran.
Pros
Vacation, holiday paid
I wouldn't if I were you.
Manifest (Former Employee) –  Panama City Beach, FLApril 8, 2017
This job seemed like an absolute dream at first, everybody was welcoming and willing to help. Then I guess my grace period was up. The CMA's and CMA supervisors were wonderful however my supervisor was not all I thought. I was having to preform duties outside my job title, things that I was not even allowed to be doing. I had to make sure people didn't see me pulling deposits from a secured area that I technically should not have been in. I was hired under the impression that in my down time I was there to assist, and I'm fine with that... but assist here an there turned into doing half of my supervisors job on top of my own job. I would be made to feel guilty when I didn't have time to get everything done. Made to feel guilty for running a few minutes late when my supervisor was on her own schedule, showing up and leaving for work whenever she wanted and writing her time in. Leaving to run personal errands on the clock. the pay was not nearly as much as the work was. I was blamed for mistakes made that I had to keep checking to see if I made because I found that 90% of the time the mistake wasn't mine but was someone else's and nothing was said when I brought it up. I felt that I couldn't ask questions because it seemed if I didn't get it quick enough my supervisor got impatient. All and all I truly just wouldn't recommend it. I'm just not good at dealing with that kind of stuff, I believe in equality and working just as hard as your employees when you are a supervisor. The CMA supervisors absolutely did, just not the administrative side.
Benefits
Cons
Overworked and under appreciated
Phone sales agent
GROUP SALES AGENT (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, SDApril 8, 2017
Call center environment, good training, supervisor availabe for continual assistance, fun place to work. Able to work 30 hours per week, good benefits, rewarded team contributions, individual and group recognition.
Enjoyed the group of people I worked with and my supervisor was excellent. Physical environment could stand some improvement.
Benefits
Cons
Pay scale low
Sales Job
Front Line Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Princeville, HIApril 7, 2017
You eat what you kill. Hard tours, tough grind. Opportunity if you can sell. Need to be prepared for lots of no and even yes can be no(7 day cancellation policy)
Pros
hours short
Cons
clients that arent qualified wasting your time and energy
breakroom
Engineering Technician 2 (Current Employee) –  Avon, COApril 7, 2017
The Micro management is very hard there to work and they have hard company policy to follow. They change managers every 6 months, they can't keep employees happy there, so it is always new faces. I feel that they are not a good place to work for because, they stress you out and they make you work extra shifts and strange hours even if you have a family.
Pros
Cons
lunch
Good starting point, but don't get too comfortable.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJApril 2, 2017
All that glitters is not gold. Nice travel discounts. Several senior leaders leaving. Not sure why, but it's noticeable. Multiple layoffs every year in every business unit. Many staff burned out after years of this (being left to pick up extra work after every layoff).

I like the CEO and the culture he's trying to build/maintain but it's hard to see how the company will survive longterm without major changes at the senior leadership level.
Pros
Travel discounts
Cons
No work/life balance
Fun place to work at with perks and incentives, discounts on their properties.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 29, 2017
Their reservations system is pretty old so it's not easy to learn plus it is a lot of information, their training is good but the last month of training you're going to be proven on the phones with a manager on the other side, if you fail one question, that's it, they escort you outside that same day after you spent a month and two weeks of training instead of helping on whatever you failed and give more coaching, they very unprofessional just take your badge and bye bye. I passed everything, written tests and how to navigate their complex systems, but I failed one thing, and that was the end of it.
Fun place to work
Finance/Procurement Analyst (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMarch 29, 2017
very good company and nice working environment.
pay is not good.
everything else is very good, people are helpful and right now they are doing cost cutting so too many lay off in a year.
Stable but no advancement
Chef and Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMarch 19, 2017
Stable but no advancement. Typical day starts early and ends late. Upper management hope they do not have to make decisions, and when they do are spur of the moment creating more problem.
Safe and professional environment.
Engineering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 17, 2017
Safe and professional working environment. Constantly busy. Maintaining building operations on a daily basis. Always learning and reviewing equipment and equipment operations.
Pros
pay, breaks
Cons
commute
Enjoyable place to work
Real Estate Agent (Current Employee) –  Destin, FLMarch 9, 2017
Overall i enjoyed my time at Wyndham. Not bad hours - unfortunately we were required to work on all Sundays. Didn't mind working some or a few Sundays but it kept me out of church
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Working on Sundays

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wyndham Worldwide. Our community is ready to answer.