Wynn Las Vegas

Wynn Las Vegas United States Employee Reviews

Productive and fun Workplace
Senior Watch Engineer (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 31, 2015
Fun Great place to work. Learned new Skills and Progressed to management positions. Promote from within. All Personnel that I had contact with were always approachable and Friendly. Management took the time to listen to any concerns that I may have.
I work in a great enviorment and get to deal cards all day
Poker Dealer (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 12, 2015
Pros: employee free lunch is great
Cons: the slow times of the season
My Job is fun. Every thirty minutes I get to meet nine new guest from all over the world. My co workers and I work closely as a team to make sure that we run our room smoothly. One thing this job has helped me learn is patience. Dealing with drunk patrons losing money is an experience within itself.
Great Place
Culinary Trainee Banquets and Catering (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 3, 2015
Pros: job security, employee buffetd
Cons: pay
Low paying compared to the rest of the strip but the most secure place to work as far as job security. I loved my time here its just hard to get full time if your not management. Wynn is probably the smartest CEO on the strip for sure.
Lots of politics
HR Generalist (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 6, 2015
If someone above you has an issue with you then don't expect to be employed long. Management is influenced very easily even if its off of opinion given out of spite. Wynn being one of the highest grossing hotels on the Las Vegas Strip they pay their employees very poorly and often weren't competitive with other hotels because they believed people should work there just because of the name. They have a lot of work to do there.
At Wynn is always full time works with full benefit
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: free lunch and coffee and soda at work
Cons: it's hard to get help from your own supervisor or manager
I'm working in Accounts Payable . My duties at work is processing all the invoices for the payment. Prepare all the checks double check before mailing out to the vendors My duties volumes extremely heavy . I am dealing with most department individual and vendors. I also do all the research and guide lines to vendors or department to get the problems solves. Each day is learning experiences. The hardest part to help vendor or department to get resolves from point A to point B. Sometime vendor nor department has no idea where to start. My co-worker over all are okay. Each co-worker do their own job and only focus on their own work. Management in my department is unorganized, poor of communication skill. Noting in my department never be in the same page no support. To fix some problem require manager to get involve but many time I have to fix on my own or asked other director from purchasing to helped to fix the problems. The most enjoy able is when I can completed all my work or be able to help department or vendor get problem taking care
Not what I expected from a 5-star hotel...
Inventory Control Supervisor (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: free lunch and great coworkers (for the most part.)
Cons: no work appreciation and no support from managment.
The job itself isn't too difficult, but we aren't always given the tools necessary to succeed, and barely any direction from the higher-ups. The workaholic mentality is strong here, and most of the higher-ups don't understand that people like myself have lives outside of work, and also strive for something better than working in a casino all of our lives. Oh, and there's no appreciation at all, they barely notice we exist until a mistake gets made. Seriously, I thought life would be great there, but instead I'm completely miserable and dread going into work every day. On top of that, we have to mind our P's and Q's with everyone, because the place is chock full of people just looking for someone to throw under the bus, just to make themselves look good. So much for teamwork...Honestly, I hate it there, and I'm doing everything in my power to find work elsewhere. The corporate atmosphere just isn't for me.
outstanding place to work
Fine Dining Hostess (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 21, 2014
Pros: great culture
Cons: no complaints
Expectations are high, but so is morale. Every employee is a professional and conducts themselves with the highest of standards.
good job
Security Officer (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 20, 2014
Pros: meeting a lot of different people
Cons: management
i learned all ends of security in a hotel, and learning more about customer service
Productive and fun workplace
Pool Guest Attendant (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 13, 2014
Enjoyable work environment. Working for a 5 star hotel helped my verbiage. I tended to keep to myself and working here helped me work on my people skills. Management was firm,fair, and enjoyable to work for. Co-workers were all helpful and enjoyable to work with.
I enjoyed working at Wynn Las-Vegas.
Houseperson (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 1, 2014
I supplied guest room attendant with linen, pick up linen and trash.
I cleaned hallways,stairs, lockers,windows, mirrors, pictures.
I learned professional cleaning.
My managers and coworkers were nice, we were working as one team. Housekeeping managers were helpful.
I did not have any problem in my job.
Dealing with costomers.
Upscale Front Desk
Front Desk Representative (Former Employee), Las VegasSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: beautiful property
Cons: customer complaints
It was all about customer satisfaction. You have to be familiar with all the amenities. The hardest part of the job was to keep a smile on your face even if the customer is yelling at your face.
Falling short.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 19, 2014
Pros: a ruff form of team work by the more colorful personalities.
Cons: a lack of knowledgeable leadership from mid-line management and up.
Lets start with completely unrealistic expectations from upper management (Asst. Director and up) this is a group of people that have forgotten where they come from and has let a little bit of authority run to their heads, and refuse to listen to those that are doing the work without severe skepticism from their end. The lack of staffing is ridiculous there are several employees even now that are taking on the work of 3-4 other employees that are not accounted for and they are still expected to keep and maintain a 5 star rating. Now with the exception of the few; Management and the Asst Management can be described as back biting and un-knowledgeable about their position, the rules that apply to that position, and the over all department, company, and union policies that they are suppose to be upholding and enforcing. The products that are supplied to the employees are in fact , for lack of a better word, CHEAP and scarce, the employees are so paranoid about NOT having supplies that they will DISMANTLE machines and hide the parts and other supplies in some very creative places, like in the ceiling that's in a closet in a high end restaurant. Now lets move to the pay and salary, for the time spent at the Wynn the pay is far from fair for the amount of stress the lack of communication, and the over all redundancies surrounding the job at hand.

90 hrs a week starting, but you will only be paid for 80 hrs, then you will have emergencies on property that you will have to stay for until it is complete, meetings with HR or Employee Relations concerning other employees, and their behavior – more... and then Monthly training that you will not be compensated for along with meetings with the directors of the department about how to make things run smoother and better for everyone which they will promptly ignore and do what they and planned to, to begin with.

All that being said there are a few perks. There are a few employees and co-workers that make it worth while to come in. They know their job better then anyone and they wont take a whole lot of guff from those around them and a ruff cut form of team work is established. By the end of the day if everyone dose their part to the best of their ability then everything looks pretty good by the end of the shift. – less
A wonderful place to work.
Doorman (Former Employee), Las VegasJuly 21, 2014
Pros: company culture of very high standards
Cons: very demanding
Employees are dedicated to the company and the overall guest experience. Team Members are smart, helpful, and more than accommodating to help you accomplish your mission. There is not a better place to work.
High expectations
LIFEGUARD (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 10, 2014
Good job. Helps build social skills and overall safety awareness.
Exciting Times
Senior VIP Host- Nightclubs, Hotels/Casinos (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 18, 2014
I was the youngest VIP host for both the Wynn and Planet Hollywood. I spent my day ensuring my clients had the time of their lives.
Beautiful Hotel
Guest Room Attendant (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 12, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: celebrities are your toughest and messiest guest
I actually had the pleasure of opening up this hotel. So knowing that every bed, every lamp, alarm clock, blankets, pillows, amenties and more was put in each and every room by me and the employees that were hired with me. I was one of the first employees to see the hotel before the public or any one else. Going to work everyday was a pleasure. A beautiful sight. Perfectly put together flawlessly.
Great company to work for with high standard of customer service
Barber (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 30, 2014
Pros: free food, benefits, flexibility, location, great company
Cons: uniform policies
Greet each guest and have a consultation on what their expectation is on the service they are there for. If they are getting a haircut I needed to see what their desired look was and make suggestions based on their hair type what would look good. In the consultation for a straight razor shave I needed to know any type of discomfort they have when shaving at home and proceed with caution to not cause any discomfort while providing a clean close shave.

I learned how to talk to a upper business class clientele and provide them with a 5 star experience.

Miss. Wynn over saw the salon and barbershop operations herself and took pride in assuring the staff have a happy environment to work in by seeking a manager who fit the needs of the staff. My manager treated everyone fair and with respect.

My co-workers were from all over the country and had years of experience in the salon industry and were able and willing to share the things they learned with one another.

The most difficult part of my job was the long hours spent standing in 4inch heels. This just made for some extremely tired feet but I needed to adhere to uniform policies.

I loved being someone that men from all over trusted to make them presentable for their trip away from home.
Extremely high turnover
Security Officer (Former Employee), Las VegasMarch 23, 2014
Pros: it was a job
Cons: 2-3 month hiring process, high turnover, micromanagement
The security department has an extremely high turnover. They contract their directors for 1 year, fire them, and hire on a new one. There are so many problems within the department that it's hard for employees to feel like they can do anything positive. Management sits in the control room and watches employees for any minor slip up, then gives write ups, suspensions, or terminations. Only one person remains of 12 from my hiring class. That was in August 2012. Not a good statistic to have. There is no leadership and employees are always looking over their shoulders. One hour paid lunches are nothing abnormal for strip jobs and other resorts offer better pay/benefits. I did not receive my "annual increase" until my 15th month; that was after I sent multiple complaints to management and then above their head to payroll when no progress was made. I left the company before I got the raise, but eventually got a check in the mail for back pay. Union members are the only ones who have any benefits working here. The "nice resort" aspect is a facade. Many resorts on the strip are nicer than Wynn. Wouldn't recommend working here unless you absolutely need the job.
Friendships that will last a lifetime
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 20, 2014
Working at the Wynn hotel for seven years afforded me the opportunity to be surrounded by architectural and artistic grandeur that can only be rivaled by the resorts professionalism and intensive training. The Forbes Five Star and the AAA Five Diamond accolades are immediately evident in the hospitality and attention to detail that is expected of every employee. It has been said that, "the resorts greatest assets, his employees." It is an honor and a privilege to be a part of such an amazing place.
Review
Front Desk Status Coordinator (Current Employee), Las VegasFebruary 11, 2014
Wynn Hotel is a great company to work for. Everyone working for the company cares about the guests they serve and they do whatever they can to make the guest satisfied.

1 2 3 4

About Wynn Las Vegas

What happens in Vegas no longer stays in Vegas. It also happens in China. Wynn Resorts, the brainchild of gaming mogul and former – Read more

Wynn Las Vegas Photos