Wynn Las Vegas

Wynn Las Vegas Employee Reviews

great place to work
Resort Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 25, 2015
very team centered department both managers and co workers are always willing to help. The hardest part of the job was trying not to loose any calls but was hard to do because of the call volume
Great Overall Company Led By A Business Icon
Valet Attendant (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 4, 2015
Great overall Company. The only potential gripe would be that middle management tends to take advantage of the non-unionized employees, driving them to unionize.
Fun and productive place to work. Great attitude from all employees.
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 25, 2015
Job culture is amazing. Everyone has a positive attitude and has fun working. It is a good place to advance and build a career.
Part-time position
Administrative Leader; Slot Attendant (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 23, 2015
The position is only part time so it is ok for that reason. They work around your schedule. The pay is good. I think management would benefit from working together more effectively. It will help all shifts to be on the same page.
A Great place to work.
Sr. Desktop Support (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Very good learning environment.
Cons: 24 Hr Schedule
There is not really a typical day at the Wynn every day brings a different task. You learn about new software that is introduced into to the hotel world to make business run more efficient. And the management is very helpful in helping you obtaining your goals in the the world of IT. There are a lot of different personality that your co-workers bring along with skill Sets. There really is no hard part to my job but if i had to say anything it would be finding the time for some of the projects. The most enjoyable part of my job are the end users the business getting to service them.
Great salary and benefits
Paralegal (Current Employee), las vegas nvJuly 15, 2015
Overseeing and coordination paperwork for the Executive Director of Marketing to present to president of Wynn for all future negotiations
• Taking calls for director of marketing dealing with legal matters of billboards, ads, new tasks to be taken care of, and any outstanding matters
• Dealing with high level management teams and CEO’s to resolve situations with payments, hotel rooms, and transportation – more... needs
• Coordinating and planning travel reservations for clients and my Directors
• Responsible for setting up wire payments to all clients and ensuring the correct payment are sent out in a timely manner
• Reviewing internal hotel reservation system and that all rooms are input/ overseeing everything is routed correctly
• Dealing directly with general counsel at Wynn Resorts to assist with contracts and gathering necessary information (W9-W8, insurance requirements, etc.)
• Responsible for overseeing the Director’s calendar in Outlook and updating meetings
• Responsible for gathering information from client’s about artist information, the negotiation for price of performance, how many rooms will be booked, and how much money is distributed for club venue/food and beverage comp
• Executing contracts on a daily basis to take to the President of Wynn
• Obtaining a filing system consistent and organized with artist contracts and invoices for easy access – less
great place to work
casino porter (Current Employee), las vegas nevadaJuly 11, 2015
Pros: great uniforms
Cons: i enjoy my 1hr break
working at the casino is great because each day you'll be assigned to a different area. the most enjoyable part of my job is to be able to see alot of movie stars,
Beautiful place to work
Cook 1 (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 12, 2015
Pros: Lunches are great
Cons: no cons
Great Place to work!! I love working with some of the best Chefs in the industry.. I actually love working with a great group of peers that I've come to know very well through out the years.
Great company with great culture
Call Center Agent (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 24, 2015
Pros: 5 star at every corner
Cons: 7 point attendance system/ only full timers get health insurance
I do enjoy and love working at Wynn. Of course, as with any job, you can have bad days, but this company is the first company I have ever worked for that values it's employees over guests. I would highly recommend it. I know that every casino offers free lunch to employees for tax breaks, but Wynn takes it a step further and provides a healthy free lunch with quality food. It's easy to stay on track with a diet or even inspire one to eat better.
Extremely Positive Leadership
Engineering Dispatch Fire Maintenance Control (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 21, 2015
Working in a very small department, Manning the S.A.F.E fire control system as well as engineering dispatch it was very important to have a tight nit unit. Supervisor was one of the best I had the opportunity to work for. The ideal leader, She led by example and dove right in and assisted in the day to day operations. Covered shifts when short handed and never showed any frustration about it. Co-workers followed this lead and were a pleasure to work with. Hardest part of the job was learning all the functions of the fire panel. Most enjoyable was coming to work everyday with an awesome bunch of people.
great workplace
Lead Bartender, Service Bar (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 14, 2015
Took pride in workplace and had multiple learning experiences in regards to job entitlement. With company for 10 years and top notch company
good
Service/Bartender (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 7, 2015
I enjoyed my life as a bartender, by meeting people all over the world, as single father it was easy to work around my 3 kids schedule
And for that I'm Blessed.. I work on the strip mostly, the fast paced
environment it's very ex-siding. Thank you Jess
Great experience
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 26, 2015
Worked with a great team for a large casino resort. Management always worked with you if you ever had any issues. A great experience with a lot of great people.
Easy job, but could become negative environment
Front Feature Engineer (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 8, 2015
Pros: High-end productions, public satisfaction
Cons: negative attitudes, egos
Day started at the clock with brief summary of what's happening and what projects (if any) were coming up. Break down of duties that day and being prepared for evening. Team work was a very important part of the job. No way could our duties be done as individuals, but as a team. My direct supervisor was a very fair and well adjusted man for his duties. Being in charge of 8 guys from the area of – more... productions can be a tiring job, but he was able to perform above a professional level at all times. My co-workers came from various parts of the production world and overall could work together well. But at times, egos could get in the way and a great work environment could change into a very negative area that you didn't want to be involved. The hardest part could be keeping a good attitude around people wanting to cause problems and stir up trouble in an environment that didn't need distractions. The most enjoyable would be the crew members that could balance the job and keep a great attitude about the job at all times. – less
Productive and fun Workplace
Senior Watch Engineer (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 31, 2015
Fun Great place to work. Learned new Skills and Progressed to management positions. Promote from within. All Personnel that I had contact with were always approachable and Friendly. Management took the time to listen to any concerns that I may have.
I work in a great enviorment and get to deal cards all day
Poker Dealer (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 12, 2015
Pros: employee free lunch is great
Cons: the slow times of the season
My Job is fun. Every thirty minutes I get to meet nine new guest from all over the world. My co workers and I work closely as a team to make sure that we run our room smoothly. One thing this job has helped me learn is patience. Dealing with drunk patrons losing money is an experience within itself.
Great Place
Culinary Trainee Banquets and Catering (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 3, 2015
Pros: job security, employee buffetd
Cons: pay
Low paying compared to the rest of the strip but the most secure place to work as far as job security. I loved my time here its just hard to get full time if your not management. Wynn is probably the smartest CEO on the strip for sure.
Lots of politics
HR Generalist (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 6, 2015
If someone above you has an issue with you then don't expect to be employed long. Management is influenced very easily even if its off of opinion given out of spite. Wynn being one of the highest grossing hotels on the Las Vegas Strip they pay their employees very poorly and often weren't competitive with other hotels because they believed people should work there just because of the name. They have a lot of work to do there.
At Wynn is always full time works with full benefit
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: free lunch and coffee and soda at work
Cons: it's hard to get help from your own supervisor or manager
I'm working in Accounts Payable . My duties at work is processing all the invoices for the payment. Prepare all the checks double check before mailing out to the vendors My duties volumes extremely heavy . I am dealing with most department individual and vendors. I also do all the research and guide lines to vendors or department to get the problems solves. Each day is learning experiences. The hardest – more... part to help vendor or department to get resolves from point A to point B. Sometime vendor nor department has no idea where to start. My co-worker over all are okay. Each co-worker do their own job and only focus on their own work. Management in my department is unorganized, poor of communication skill. Noting in my department never be in the same page no support. To fix some problem require manager to get involve but many time I have to fix on my own or asked other director from purchasing to helped to fix the problems. The most enjoy able is when I can completed all my work or be able to help department or vendor get problem taking care – less
Not what I expected from a 5-star hotel...
Inventory Control Supervisor (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: free lunch and great coworkers (for the most part.)
Cons: no work appreciation and no support from managment.
The job itself isn't too difficult, but we aren't always given the tools necessary to succeed, and barely any direction from the higher-ups. The workaholic mentality is strong here, and most of the higher-ups don't understand that people like myself have lives outside of work, and also strive for something better than working in a casino all of our lives. Oh, and there's no appreciation at all, they – more... barely notice we exist until a mistake gets made. Seriously, I thought life would be great there, but instead I'm completely miserable and dread going into work every day. On top of that, we have to mind our P's and Q's with everyone, because the place is chock full of people just looking for someone to throw under the bus, just to make themselves look good. So much for teamwork...Honestly, I hate it there, and I'm doing everything in my power to find work elsewhere. The corporate atmosphere just isn't for me. – less