Wynn Las Vegas

Wynn Las Vegas Employee Reviews

great workplace
Lead Bartender, Service Bar (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 14, 2015
Took pride in workplace and had multiple learning experiences in regards to job entitlement. With company for 10 years and top notch company
good
Service/Bartender (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 7, 2015
I enjoyed my life as a bartender, by meeting people all over the world, as single father it was easy to work around my 3 kids schedule
And for that I'm Blessed.. I work on the strip mostly, the fast paced
environment it's very ex-siding. Thank you Jess
Great experience
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 26, 2015
Worked with a great team for a large casino resort. Management always worked with you if you ever had any issues. A great experience with a lot of great people.
Easy job, but could become negative environment
Front Feature Engineer (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 8, 2015
Pros: High-end productions, public satisfaction
Cons: negative attitudes, egos
Day started at the clock with brief summary of what's happening and what projects (if any) were coming up. Break down of duties that day and being prepared for evening. Team work was a very important part of the job. No way could our duties be done as individuals, but as a team. My direct supervisor was a very fair and well adjusted man for his duties. Being in charge of 8 guys from the area of productions can be a tiring job, but he was able to perform above a professional level at all times. My co-workers came from various parts of the production world and overall could work together well. But at times, egos could get in the way and a great work environment could change into a very negative area that you didn't want to be involved. The hardest part could be keeping a good attitude around people wanting to cause problems and stir up trouble in an environment that didn't need distractions. The most enjoyable would be the crew members that could balance the job and keep a great attitude about the job at all times.
Productive and fun Workplace
Senior Watch Engineer (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 31, 2015
Fun Great place to work. Learned new Skills and Progressed to management positions. Promote from within. All Personnel that I had contact with were always approachable and Friendly. Management took the time to listen to any concerns that I may have.
I work in a great enviorment and get to deal cards all day
Poker Dealer (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 12, 2015
Pros: employee free lunch is great
Cons: the slow times of the season
My Job is fun. Every thirty minutes I get to meet nine new guest from all over the world. My co workers and I work closely as a team to make sure that we run our room smoothly. One thing this job has helped me learn is patience. Dealing with drunk patrons losing money is an experience within itself.
Great Place
Culinary Trainee Banquets and Catering (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 3, 2015
Pros: job security, employee buffetd
Cons: pay
Low paying compared to the rest of the strip but the most secure place to work as far as job security. I loved my time here its just hard to get full time if your not management. Wynn is probably the smartest CEO on the strip for sure.
Lots of politics
HR Generalist (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 6, 2015
If someone above you has an issue with you then don't expect to be employed long. Management is influenced very easily even if its off of opinion given out of spite. Wynn being one of the highest grossing hotels on the Las Vegas Strip they pay their employees very poorly and often weren't competitive with other hotels because they believed people should work there just because of the name. They have a lot of work to do there.
At Wynn is always full time works with full benefit
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: free lunch and coffee and soda at work
Cons: it's hard to get help from your own supervisor or manager
I'm working in Accounts Payable . My duties at work is processing all the invoices for the payment. Prepare all the checks double check before mailing out to the vendors My duties volumes extremely heavy . I am dealing with most department individual and vendors. I also do all the research and guide lines to vendors or department to get the problems solves. Each day is learning experiences. The hardest part to help vendor or department to get resolves from point A to point B. Sometime vendor nor department has no idea where to start. My co-worker over all are okay. Each co-worker do their own job and only focus on their own work. Management in my department is unorganized, poor of communication skill. Noting in my department never be in the same page no support. To fix some problem require manager to get involve but many time I have to fix on my own or asked other director from purchasing to helped to fix the problems. The most enjoy able is when I can completed all my work or be able to help department or vendor get problem taking care
Not what I expected from a 5-star hotel...
Inventory Control Supervisor (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: free lunch and great coworkers (for the most part.)
Cons: no work appreciation and no support from managment.
The job itself isn't too difficult, but we aren't always given the tools necessary to succeed, and barely any direction from the higher-ups. The workaholic mentality is strong here, and most of the higher-ups don't understand that people like myself have lives outside of work, and also strive for something better than working in a casino all of our lives. Oh, and there's no appreciation at all, they barely notice we exist until a mistake gets made. Seriously, I thought life would be great there, but instead I'm completely miserable and dread going into work every day. On top of that, we have to mind our P's and Q's with everyone, because the place is chock full of people just looking for someone to throw under the bus, just to make themselves look good. So much for teamwork...Honestly, I hate it there, and I'm doing everything in my power to find work elsewhere. The corporate atmosphere just isn't for me.
outstanding place to work
Fine Dining Hostess (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 21, 2014
Pros: great culture
Cons: no complaints
Expectations are high, but so is morale. Every employee is a professional and conducts themselves with the highest of standards.
good job
Security Officer (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 20, 2014
Pros: meeting a lot of different people
Cons: management
i learned all ends of security in a hotel, and learning more about customer service
Productive and fun workplace
Pool Guest Attendant (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 13, 2014
Enjoyable work environment. Working for a 5 star hotel helped my verbiage. I tended to keep to myself and working here helped me work on my people skills. Management was firm,fair, and enjoyable to work for. Co-workers were all helpful and enjoyable to work with.
I enjoyed working at Wynn Las-Vegas.
Houseperson (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 1, 2014
I supplied guest room attendant with linen, pick up linen and trash.
I cleaned hallways,stairs, lockers,windows, mirrors, pictures.
I learned professional cleaning.
My managers and coworkers were nice, we were working as one team. Housekeeping managers were helpful.
I did not have any problem in my job.
Dealing with costomers.
Upscale Front Desk
Front Desk Representative (Former Employee), Las VegasSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: beautiful property
Cons: customer complaints
It was all about customer satisfaction. You have to be familiar with all the amenities. The hardest part of the job was to keep a smile on your face even if the customer is yelling at your face.
Falling short.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 19, 2014
Pros: a ruff form of team work by the more colorful personalities.
Cons: a lack of knowledgeable leadership from mid-line management and up.
Lets start with completely unrealistic expectations from upper management (Asst. Director and up) this is a group of people that have forgotten where they come from and has let a little bit of authority run to their heads, and refuse to listen to those that are doing the work without severe skepticism from their end. The lack of staffing is ridiculous there are several employees even now that are taking on the work of 3-4 other employees that are not accounted for and they are still expected to keep and maintain a 5 star rating. Now with the exception of the few; Management and the Asst Management can be described as back biting and un-knowledgeable about their position, the rules that apply to that position, and the over all department, company, and union policies that they are suppose to be upholding and enforcing. The products that are supplied to the employees are in fact , for lack of a better word, CHEAP and scarce, the employees are so paranoid about NOT having supplies that they will DISMANTLE machines and hide the parts and other supplies in some very creative places, like in the ceiling that's in a closet in a high end restaurant. Now lets move to the pay and salary, for the time spent at the Wynn the pay is far from fair for the amount of stress the lack of communication, and the over all redundancies surrounding the job at hand.

90 hrs a week starting, but you will only be paid for 80 hrs, then you will have emergencies on property that you will have to stay for until it is complete, meetings with HR or Employee Relations concerning other employees, and their behavior – more... and then Monthly training that you will not be compensated for along with meetings with the directors of the department about how to make things run smoother and better for everyone which they will promptly ignore and do what they and planned to, to begin with.

All that being said there are a few perks. There are a few employees and co-workers that make it worth while to come in. They know their job better then anyone and they wont take a whole lot of guff from those around them and a ruff cut form of team work is established. By the end of the day if everyone dose their part to the best of their ability then everything looks pretty good by the end of the shift. – less
A wonderful place to work.
Doorman (Former Employee), Las VegasJuly 21, 2014
Pros: company culture of very high standards
Cons: very demanding
Employees are dedicated to the company and the overall guest experience. Team Members are smart, helpful, and more than accommodating to help you accomplish your mission. There is not a better place to work.
High expectations
LIFEGUARD (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 10, 2014
Good job. Helps build social skills and overall safety awareness.
Exciting Times
Senior VIP Host- Nightclubs, Hotels/Casinos (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 18, 2014
I was the youngest VIP host for both the Wynn and Planet Hollywood. I spent my day ensuring my clients had the time of their lives.
Beautiful Hotel
Guest Room Attendant (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 12, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: celebrities are your toughest and messiest guest
I actually had the pleasure of opening up this hotel. So knowing that every bed, every lamp, alarm clock, blankets, pillows, amenties and more was put in each and every room by me and the employees that were hired with me. I was one of the first employees to see the hotel before the public or any one else. Going to work everyday was a pleasure. A beautiful sight. Perfectly put together flawlessly.

1 2 3 4

About Wynn Las Vegas

What happens in Vegas no longer stays in Vegas. It also happens in China. Wynn Resorts, the brainchild of gaming mogul and former – Read more

Wynn Las Vegas Salaries