Wynn Las Vegas Employee Reviews

I would not recommend the Wynn as a place to work
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 10, 2016
Retail at the Wynn is unlike retail anywhere else. They play by their own set of rules and not by industry standards.
There is an unspoken, yet expected, expectation to give all your time to your job. No work/life balance. No appreciation for what you contribute. There are no merit raises. Sometime not even an annual cost of living increase.

I would not recommend retail at the Wynn as a place to work in retail.
Management is by intimidation and ego. There are no leaders, Only Bosses in Upper Retail management and they do not appreciate or value their employees. People are treated with disrespect and berated at every opportunity.
No credit is given for work done. No acknowledgement of the contributions given to the department.
Pros
Free lunch, Average health and insurance benefits
Cons
No leadership. Egotistical and dictatorial bosses. No opportunity to advance or grow.
Poor management
Security report writer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 6, 2016
Promotions based on friendships and not on production. If you are a yes man with no integrity/ethics work here. Failed to properly train. Was told to kiss butt or find a new job. Safety of guests, employees and VIP'S are not of concern to upper management.
Pros
Co workers free food
Cons
Culture and management
Exceptional fellow employees.
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 3, 2016
Corporate environment with all the corporate issues. Mr. Wynn has high expectations with low staffing. This creates an extremely stressful work environment.
My fellow IT employees work hard and are some of the most amazing team I have worked with. Many, either have left or are making moves to leave Wynn, for the same reasons I left.
Many wonderful people, at Wynn, in all the departments. Hard working and dedicated. It is a pity the work enviornmen has become so intolerable.
Pros
Free lunch, great fellow employees
Cons
Extreme stress
Professionalism at it's finest
Food Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 17, 2017
They know how to treat their employees very well in general. Very nice employee dining room, very nice changing rooms, and everything is super organized. The only downside is that this environment is very strict and very particular. As a Forbes 5 star Resort an employee must adhere to all procedures exactly and will be written up if otherwise.
Pros
Amazing employee dining room, professional atmosphere, union benefits
Generally a fun and beautiful place to work!!!!
Asst Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 30, 2016
Working at the Wynn was one of the best things to happen to me. I've learned so much in my time there and enjoyed the majority of my time there. The retail department is its own monster but it greatly unique as to how they refer/consider customers as guest and truly live up to that standard. Wynn standards for service is why the Wynn is what it is,as it trains employees of its values and holds them accountable to keep the same standards. I would recommend everyone that is interested in working for the Wynn.
Pros
Paid Lunches, full training, great benefits
Cons
Pay vs. What they expect
This was a fun place to work with plenty of freedom
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 14, 2016
I enjoyed what I did at SCEA as I was a merchandiser with the freedom to set my own schedule and learn about the video game industry. My management was laid back and easy going. I was flown to a 3 day conference once a year with full accomadations and pay.
Pros
Flexible schedules and free video game systems
Cons
dealing with multiple retailers
It was an experienced working at Tableau restaurant a five star and five diamond as a bartender.
Wynn las vegas (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 11, 2016
I started working at the Wynn in 2005 as an opening team member. I was hired as a barporter until I worked my way up as a bartender. I had so much experience interacting guests especially I used to work in a five star and five diamond restaurant.
Pros
401k free meal, 1hour break
Cons
Less wages
Love the employee engagement and culture!
Sr. Assistant Manager of Banquet set-up (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 8, 2016
Great environment and employee culture! I had many opportunities to work in multiple departments and grow an achieve personal goals. I appreciate the attention to detail everyone has at this property and love the idea of being part of the Wynn family.
Pros
Great EDR and back of house areas
Cons
parking
Great work and personal life balance!
Nightlife Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 17, 2017
Pretty easy going day, I have learned communication, marketing, and office skills, Management isn't the best, my coworkers are awesome, hardest part is probably handling multiple phone lines at once, and the most enjoyable part is being able to have my own office.
worst people you can work for
Maintenance Engineer/ Casino Shop (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 16, 2017
Management needs a lot of experience and start looking out for their workers instead of themselves. They rather fire their people that have been working there for a long time than take the fault into their own hands even if it is the management fault.
Pros
Cons
worst management
best company to grow and learn
Busser-runner (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 3, 2016
amazing opportunities. forb casino, amazing talented people. great pay and nice leadership ! Average day was simple and its always nice meeting new people and making guest experiences memorable.
Pros
free edr and benefits
Cons
n/a
Highly fair-minded environment
Houseperson (Former Employee) –  EncoreOctober 7, 2016
Great place to work fast paced highly organized team minded environment with great leadership. Great culture which will be instituted from orientation.
Pros
Free lunch
You know you've arrived when you get hired here.
Regulation 6A Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 9, 2017
Although I worked here for a short time, the time I spent there was amazing. Everything is top notch and professional. From the back of the house to the gaming area to the incredible rooms, this is somewhere you can write home and brag about working there.
Pros
Non smoking employee dining room.
Great Medical Benefits!
Secretary - Wynn Resorts and Encore (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV StripNovember 11, 2015
The best part of working at Wynn was their medical benefits were stellar. Having never worked previously in Hospitality, I found it to be an interesting and fun environment to work most of the time. Upper Management was looked upon as unfair when they decided to decrease employees' salaries by 10% for a full year.
Pros
Free food in EDR. Can be a fun environment to work. Some complimentary perks, i.e., shows, dining.
Cons
Salaries were not as competitive as gaming industry jobs during my tenure.
Fun place to work, difficult to balance with life.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 24, 2017
No part time available, work any shift, sometimes working 14 hours in a day with no overtime, work 8 days in a row. They don't work with school schedule.
Pros
Free paid break
Cons
Doesn't work with school schedule, crazy hours.
Great enivornment
Kitchen Steward (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 15, 2017
They trained their personnel, provided with all the supply to do there work and atmosphere was pleasant. Had opportunity to grow within the company.
Pros
Had opportunity to grow
Cons
Wasn't in Miami, Florida
This is a good company to work for it is a safe place to work at
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  3131So.las vegas,blvd.January 8, 2017
Love the job and everyone. I work with very nice people.and their behavior is good. It is the best hotel casino in all of las Vegas, 5 star 5 diamond work place.
Pros
Yes very good buffet for employees.
Cons
No more overtime l i like working extra hours.
Horrible leadership
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 15, 2016
Team members are some of the best in the business but potential wasted in leadership who feel very threatened with their position.

Yes, crazy things do happen here such as colleagues getting terminated for no reason whatsoever.
Friendly atmosphere
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 14, 2017
Everyone is very nice at the Wyn. They treat employees like kings and queens. Human Resources succeed highly in meeting employee needs. I left to pursue higher education.
Pros
Free Lunch. 1 hour lunch
Cons
Productive and friendly place to work for
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 26, 2016
I loved working here it was so much fun and everyone is so friendly. Its a great environment and I didn't have any bad days while working for this company.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
The heat

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wynn Las Vegas. Our community is ready to answer.

Wynn Las Vegas Reviews by Location