Wynn Las Vegas

Wynn Las Vegas Employer Reviews

Falling short.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 19, 2014
Pros: a ruff form of team work by the more colorful personalities.
Cons: a lack of knowledgeable leadership from mid-line management and up.
Lets start with completely unrealistic expectations from upper management (Asst. Director and up) this is a group of people that have forgotten where they come from and has let a little bit of authority run to their heads, and refuse to listen to those that are doing the work without severe skepticism from their end. The lack of staffing is ridiculous – more... there are several employees even now that are taking on the work of 3-4 other employees that are not accounted for and they are still expected to keep and maintain a 5 star rating. Now with the exception of the few; Management and the Asst Management can be described as back biting and un-knowledgeable about their position, the rules that apply to that position, and the over all department, company, and union policies that they are suppose to be upholding and enforcing. The products that are supplied to the employees are in fact , for lack of a better word, CHEAP and scarce, the employees are so paranoid about NOT having supplies that they will DISMANTLE machines and hide the parts and other supplies in some very creative places, like in the ceiling that's in a closet in a high end restaurant. Now lets move to the pay and salary, for the time spent at the Wynn the pay is far from fair for the amount of stress the lack of communication, and the over all redundancies surrounding the job at hand.

90 hrs a week starting, but you will only be paid for 80 hrs, then you will have emergencies on property that you will have to stay for until it is complete, meetings with HR or Employee Relations concerning other employees, and their behavior and then Monthly training that you will not be compensated for along with meetings with the directors of the department about how to make things run smoother and better for everyone which they will promptly ignore and do what they and planned to, to begin with.

All that being said there are a few perks. There are a few employees and co-workers that make it worth while to come in. They know their job better then anyone and they wont take a whole lot of guff from those around them and a ruff cut form of team work is established. By the end of the day if everyone dose their part to the best of their ability then everything looks pretty good by the end of the shift. – less
A wonderful place to work.
Doorman (Former Employee), Las VegasJuly 21, 2014
Pros: company culture of very high standards
Cons: very demanding
Employees are dedicated to the company and the overall guest experience. Team Members are smart, helpful, and more than accommodating to help you accomplish your mission. There is not a better place to work.
High expectations
LIFEGUARD (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 10, 2014
Good job. Helps build social skills and overall safety awareness.
Exciting Times
Senior VIP Host- Nightclubs, Hotels/Casinos (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 18, 2014
I was the youngest VIP host for both the Wynn and Planet Hollywood. I spent my day ensuring my clients had the time of their lives.
Beautiful Hotel
Guest Room Attendant (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 12, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: celebrities are your toughest and messiest guest
I actually had the pleasure of opening up this hotel. So knowing that every bed, every lamp, alarm clock, blankets, pillows, amenties and more was put in each and every room by me and the employees that were hired with me. I was one of the first employees to see the hotel before the public or any one else. Going to work everyday was a pleasure. A beautiful – more... sight. Perfectly put together flawlessly. – less
Great company to work for with high standard of customer service
Barber (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 30, 2014
Pros: free food, benefits, flexibility, location, great company
Cons: uniform policies
Greet each guest and have a consultation on what their expectation is on the service they are there for. If they are getting a haircut I needed to see what their desired look was and make suggestions based on their hair type what would look good. In the consultation for a straight razor shave I needed to know any type of discomfort they have when shaving – more... at home and proceed with caution to not cause any discomfort while providing a clean close shave.

I learned how to talk to a upper business class clientele and provide them with a 5 star experience.

Miss. Wynn over saw the salon and barbershop operations herself and took pride in assuring the staff have a happy environment to work in by seeking a manager who fit the needs of the staff. My manager treated everyone fair and with respect.

My co-workers were from all over the country and had years of experience in the salon industry and were able and willing to share the things they learned with one another.

The most difficult part of my job was the long hours spent standing in 4inch heels. This just made for some extremely tired feet but I needed to adhere to uniform policies.

I loved being someone that men from all over trusted to make them presentable for their trip away from home. – less
Extremely high turnover
Security Officer (Former Employee), Las VegasMarch 23, 2014
Pros: it was a job
Cons: 2-3 month hiring process, high turnover, micromanagement
The security department has an extremely high turnover. They contract their directors for 1 year, fire them, and hire on a new one. There are so many problems within the department that it's hard for employees to feel like they can do anything positive. Management sits in the control room and watches employees for any minor slip up, then gives write – more... ups, suspensions, or terminations. Only one person remains of 12 from my hiring class. That was in August 2012. Not a good statistic to have. There is no leadership and employees are always looking over their shoulders. One hour paid lunches are nothing abnormal for strip jobs and other resorts offer better pay/benefits. I did not receive my "annual increase" until my 15th month; that was after I sent multiple complaints to management and then above their head to payroll when no progress was made. I left the company before I got the raise, but eventually got a check in the mail for back pay. Union members are the only ones who have any benefits working here. The "nice resort" aspect is a facade. Many resorts on the strip are nicer than Wynn. Wouldn't recommend working here unless you absolutely need the job. – less
Friendships that will last a lifetime
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 20, 2014
Working at the Wynn hotel for seven years afforded me the opportunity to be surrounded by architectural and artistic grandeur that can only be rivaled by the resorts professionalism and intensive training. The Forbes Five Star and the AAA Five Diamond accolades are immediately evident in the hospitality and attention to detail that is expected of every – more... employee. It has been said that, "the resorts greatest assets, his employees." It is an honor and a privilege to be a part of such an amazing place. – less
Review
Front Desk Status Coordinator (Current Employee), Las VegasFebruary 11, 2014
Wynn Hotel is a great company to work for. Everyone working for the company cares about the guests they serve and they do whatever they can to make the guest satisfied.
great place to work
Surveillance Officer / Security Control (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 10, 2014
employer supplied lunches, great benefits for the employee and their dependents at very low cost to the employee. secure employee parking
Extremely Corporate
Race & Sports Writer (Former Employee), Las VegasJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: more opportunity for advancement
Cons: walk into work
Great place to work and great benefits. More demanding on customer service and appearance.
Professional environment
Watches & Rolex, Operations Manager (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 21, 2013
• Assist with managing staff by couching and counseling when necessary.
• Responsible for providing leadership and accountability for two multi-million dollar boutiques.
• Establish and maintain strong internal and external relationships with different departments.
• Constant communication between management and staff to relay important updates and – more... training information.
• Assist customers on the sales floor and help resolve any issues.
• Conducted awareness training's for newly hired retail employees – less
productive work environment
Blackjack Dealer (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 12, 2013
Pros: a break every hour, and free food for employees
Cons: sometimes they didn't have time for a one on one discussions with employees.
they could have handled some sorts of the job differently. what I learned is to handle constructive critisizm better.
Productive environment, good pay and benefits.
Office Services Supervisor (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 10, 2013
Pros: pay, benefits and people.
Cons: huge demand on employees.
I loved the people, the pay and benefits were good, Very professional and great training!
beautiful spectacular grounds and interiors but terrible employer...
Customer Service (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 8, 2013
Pros: beautiful resort.
Cons: no health care in most cases, if your lucky to get it tread lightly.
far too much negatives to tell, think thrice when applying.
I love my job I do not get tired of it.
Material Runner (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 6, 2013
Pros: lunch is great, the 1hr. lunch and uniforms, vacations.
Cons: no 401k contrubution
Busy all ten hrs. a day I do not mind it.
to use an electric pallet jack, a rider pallet jack and a fork lift certified on all them.
I do get along with my supervisors and managers.
Coworker are great to work with.
There is nothing hard of my job, well maybe getting up at 3:30 a.m.
Since I like my job, it is all enjoyable.
Excellent Position
Lifeguard (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 5, 2013
Pros: excellent environmnet
Cons: seasonal
For those just starting their career, being under 21 in Las Vegas, I would highly recommend this job. The pay is great for being under 21 and it is a fast paced and rewarding environment. The pool offers many ways to transfer to other parts of the hotel.
Great place to work, new experience and people i met
Sr. Software Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 4, 2013
That was my first casino job so i enjoyed every bit of it. It had a normal working hours and great people to work with.

I went in as QA but i ended up doing more business analyst job so i got a chance to work with business management people inside the casino. I learned how to prepare and gather requirement for a project as well.
ehh
Cook 1 (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 29, 2013
lowest union pay on strip, no to low morale at best. no team work, no feed back from management
Outstanding
Bartender (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 17, 2013
Its a great company to work for. Its a 5 star 5 diamond resort. Great management and co-workers. Always on your toes to impress our guest.

1 2 3

About Wynn Las Vegas

What happens in Vegas no longer stays in Vegas. It also happens in China. Wynn Resorts, the brainchild of gaming mogul and former – Read more

Wynn Las Vegas Photos