Wyoming Behavioral Institute

Wyoming Behavioral Institute Employer Reviews

good
RN - Behavioral Health Facility (Former Employee), Casper, WYAugust 20, 2013
Good place to work in Wyoming. Learned how to help mentally disabled people
Bad for nurses good for mental health workers
RN (Former Employee), Casper WYMarch 27, 2013
Pros: you can work as much as you want
Cons: not good for nurses
I was a glorified pill passer here. The MHW is basically in charge, and the RN has little authority. Med errors are common and go overlooked. Forget about infection control. No one cares.
A fun place to work
Mental Health Worker (Former Employee), Casper, WYFebruary 19, 2013
Pros: healthcare
Cons: long hours
Everyday was different. My co-workers were helpful and informative. The hardest part of the job was dealing with behavior problems, the most enjoyable part was helping a child to learn and grow.
Pscyh
Graduate Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Casper, WYJanuary 16, 2013
This place is for children with problems and can challenging and rewarding at the same time. I am not sure they are still under this name
Comfortable work environment and extremely supportive administration
Mental Health Worker (Former Employee), Casper, WYDecember 5, 2012
Pros: inexpensive meals, paid holidays, staff appreciation was excellent.
Cons: an incredibly stressful job at times, staffing depended on census, short breaks if even possible.
A typical day consisted of planning various therapeutic groups for patients. Depending on the wing (Adult, Adolescent, Children, or Pathways) coming up with activities. 1:1 time with every patient to discuss any thoughts or concerns. Report writing, crisis management and intervention.
Working for this employer, I learned a lot about myself as a person, – more... as well as a lot about people in general. The biggest thing would be that I thrive when presented with the right challenge.
The management at this facility was hands down, the most understanding, supportive, and compassionate teams I have ever had the privilege of working under.
The hardest part of the job was that you can't fake it. The patients can tell which of the staff members care for real and which ones don't. It was an incredibly emotionally taxing job.
The most enjoyable part about this job was being able to go home at night feeling like I made a difference in someone's life. It's an incredibly rewarding feeling. – less