Wyoming Behavioral Institute Employee Reviews

Not enough good help
Night tech on Adult, teen, and children unit (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYMay 29, 2017
Left on adult unit by myself. Very immature co-workers. Not a good work ethic Pay was unfair as men made more or who you know. Sometimes dangerous and no team players
Pros
steady
Cons
need better help
Difficult environment
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Casper WyomingJanuary 11, 2017
The work environment is stressful and management does not attempt to compensate for all the issues. Heavy work load, always need more employees, constantly having unhappy employees.
Pros
Great benefits as they are part of a large corporation
Cons
work load
fun workplace and you got ot take clients out on activities
Mental Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYJanuary 8, 2017
Over all the job was fun. Lot of different personalities and ages to work with. I learned how important it is to take each individual and not treat them all the same, I loved seeing clients succeed and make changes to the better in their lives and change the way they thought.
Pros
Seeing clients laugh and feel good about themselves
Cons
Pay is not so great
Great management and staff. This job was very insightful to the human psyche.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYMarch 13, 2015
I enjoyed working at this facility. Daily duties included medication administration, assessment of pts. documentation and providing education for pts. and families. I really enjoyed working with the adolescents. Great interpersonal and communication skills are essential to this job and I found I was very good with the adolescents. Unfortunately violence is a part of this job. The adult unit was the hardest and was ultimately the violence on this unit is what lead to my leaving.
excellent company
Director of Admissions, Mobile Crisis Assessment (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYNovember 6, 2014
good psychiatric care. Innovative, committed to Casper and Wyoming
good work environment
Counselor I, (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYSeptember 9, 2013
worked as a counselor for the acute youth in crisis. this is an inpatient treatment for mental illness. this is a high stress job, but with the managment and coworkers the atmosphere is pleasent and easy to work in. the hardes part is seeing the struggles of these young people and the situations they have endured. the best part is knowing that by giving a little of my time, I have made a difference in someones life.
Pros
great atmosphere, pay and benefits
Cons
physical and high stress
good
RN - Behavioral Health Facility (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYAugust 20, 2013
Good place to work in Wyoming. Learned how to help mentally disabled people
Bad for nurses good for mental health workers
RN (Former Employee) –  Casper WYMarch 27, 2013
I was a glorified pill passer here. The MHW is basically in charge, and the RN has little authority. Med errors are common and go overlooked. Forget about infection control. No one cares.
Pros
you can work as much as you want
Cons
not good for nurses
A fun place to work
Mental Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYFebruary 19, 2013
Everyday was different. My co-workers were helpful and informative. The hardest part of the job was dealing with behavior problems, the most enjoyable part was helping a child to learn and grow.
Pros
healthcare
Pscyh
Graduate Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYJanuary 16, 2013
This place is for children with problems and can challenging and rewarding at the same time. I am not sure they are still under this name
Comfortable work environment and extremely supportive administration
Mental Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYDecember 5, 2012
A typical day consisted of planning various therapeutic groups for patients. Depending on the wing (Adult, Adolescent, Children, or Pathways) coming up with activities. 1:1 time with every patient to discuss any thoughts or concerns. Report writing, crisis management and intervention.
Working for this employer, I learned a lot about myself as a person, as well as a lot about people in general. The biggest thing would be that I thrive when presented with the right challenge.
The management at this facility was hands down, the most understanding, supportive, and compassionate teams I have ever had the privilege of working under.
The hardest part of the job was that you can't fake it. The patients can tell which of the staff members care for real and which ones don't. It was an incredibly emotionally taxing job.
The most enjoyable part about this job was being able to go home at night feeling like I made a difference in someone's life. It's an incredibly rewarding feeling.
Pros
inexpensive meals, paid holidays, staff appreciation was excellent.
Cons
an incredibly stressful job at times, staffing depended on census, short breaks if even possible.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wyoming Behavioral Institute. Our community is ready to answer.

Wyoming Behavioral Institute Reviews by Location