Wyoming Machinery Company Employee Reviews

Great management, good benefits and many opportunities for advancement
Parts Department (Current Employee) –  Casper, WYMay 5, 2017
Good company to work for, with a lot of 20 + year employees. Great management with a strong focus on safety. Family owned company that takes care of its employees. Great benefits
Loved this job
Warehouse Technician (Former Employee) –  Gillette, WYApril 29, 2017
Wyoming machinery was by far the best company I ever worked for, I have no complaints at all wish I could go back. Great job security, shift times are great employees and management are fantastic.
Pros
Great pay, benefits, etc. great management and employees
Cons
Not a great place to work!
Service Writer/Technician (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYMarch 2, 2017
If you are a woman you will not advance in this company. They only keep the one's that are pretty and they do not advance them either. This is the good ol' boy system at play here.
Pros
decent insurance
Cons
everything else
Feast or famine!!!!
Gas field service tech (Former Employee) –  Gillette, WYFebruary 16, 2017
Good place to make some decent money if you want to go to the same contract site everyday. There are too many people in management that walk around with their nose in the air!!! Not to mention when work gets slow they place you mandatory 4 hour days until you quit. A lay off would look bad for the company. I have been through 2 of these 4 hour day cycles and I finally had enough of it.
Pros
Beautiful building and inventory
Cons
Feast or famine
Horrible management and the way they treat their employees
Welder/mechanic (Former Employee) –  Gillette, WYDecember 21, 2016
Terrible place to work. Management treats their workers terribly, and even brag about in meetings. Only thing good is the benefits, but totally wasn't worth it for me. You go home angry and frustrated everyday...and they actually encourage the supervisors to treat their employees this way. Overall just a miserable place to work.
Pros
Non
Cons
Management are not the ones in charge.
Technician (Former Employee) –  TbccMay 26, 2016
I spent 6 years working for them at one of the mine contract sites.It did not take o notice the fact that management are not the ones in charge. There are certain individuals throughout the company who reach the level of untouchable. And these people are the ones running the company. And should you confront one of these people with they're lack of knowledge about your job which they have been unofficially been out in charge of. They will run to management and you end up labeled as not being a team player. While there certain individuals may not be in charge of you or anyone else technically how you deal with these individuals will have a huge impact on your career. And management will promise you the moon and stars and then find a million excuses why they couldn't make it work out for you. The time off is the only perk to working for this company.
Pros
Time off and benifits
Cons
Poor managment and the people really running the show
Never underestimate your opponents!
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Casper, WYOctober 22, 2015
Nothing is as it appears. Once there is blood in the water the sharks begin to feed. There are different rules for different people. There is a lack of loyalty that is unlike I have ever seen. Those who appear to be on your side of the fence are eating from the other side. Think before you speak, it will be spoken again and again and will lose or gain words along the way. What is being said to you, is being said about you.
Great pay and Benefits, poor leadership at every level
Warehouse Technician (Former Employee) –  Gillette, WyAugust 31, 2015
This company offers excellent pay and benefits, however there is a culture of once you've been there about five years you are no longer required to work hard. Management lies to employees about future prospects of shift changes, only telling you what you want to hear to get you out of their office. There is also a major issue of double standards there. If you are friends with the big boss then you can do whatever you want, including getting hurt at work, with zero disciplinary action. If not, then you will be unhappy until they fire you or you quit.

Direct management at warehouse level in Gillette has zero experience in leading a team. Lies to employees regularly to avoid confrontation.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Poor leadership
Excellent pay and benefits
Supervisor/ CRC Night Shift Lead Man (Current Employee) –  Casper WYMay 1, 2015
Great place to work. They have awesome benefits and great pay. They have the best work environment I have ever worked in.
Great Benefits Awesome Company
Administrative (Current Employee) –  Gillette, WYNovember 17, 2014
Worked with a variety of people daily. Company works hard to stay competitive in Wyoming. Areas that need to be addressed are addressed most of the time. There are a few things that are beyond the control of management to fix.
Pros
Benefits, people, culture
Cons
Politics
heavy truck diesel tech
Diesel Technician (Former Employee) –  rock springs wyomingNovember 2, 2014
I would not work for this company they will turn on a person and throw them to the wolves and not think twice
Great Place to work
Mid/Large-Bore Engine Technician (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYFebruary 26, 2014
Loved the hours and the pay. I just got tired of doing the same thing every day.
Pros
Great pay/hours
Cons
repetitive jobs
joke.you go nowere unless you like being under a desk
welder (Former Employee) –  wyomingNovember 26, 2013
I was a welder at this company ...they think anyone can weld ..they have no clue of procedures or proper practices...they have people welding on 2 inch thick casting with no preheat .using solid wire ...I would recommend staying away from this company ..the people who are bossing the welders have no clue of welding or proper procedures.
Pros
good hours
Cons
fake people
The people I worked with directly were great!
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYJune 14, 2013
A day in the lab was always interesting, there were 4 full time employees and we all got along really well. Management typically didn't spend much time out of their offices and therefore didn't pay much attention to what happened in our little world. We were allowed to work through lunch if desired as long as we put in our time, it really helped when we had appointments elsewhere.
Pros
Advancement is available
Cons
You need good knee pads if you wish to advance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wyoming Machinery Company. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9