Wyoming Medical Center

Wyoming Medical Center United States Employee Reviews

This is a very educaational facility for nurssing cares. Great benefits and mangement.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Casper, WYMarch 13, 2015
Daily duties included medication administration, pt assessment and documentation. Interpersonal skills and communication skills are required. Management and staff were great and the Doctors were easy to work with. I enjoyed working the surgical unit very much. As a new nurse at the time I learned so much on so many different pt. diagnosis and how to care for the pts. needs accordingly. I highly recommend this facility for any new nurse.
fun people
SURGICAL TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Casper, WYFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: fun
Cons: too many upper management and not enough people to help
I loved the staff and doctors here,but they had a lot of small things to work on to be more efficient. They would come up with great plans to problems and say they were going to implement them but after two weeks things would go back to the way they were. I love working on the Neuro and Ortho teams here, the nurses and doctors on these teams were so compassionate and fun to work with.
Not a good place to work
Supervisor/ Cook (Current Employee), Casper, WYJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: staff treats you like dirt and so does management.
At WMC they work you to death, treat you like a slave and when they have used you they just let you go with no warning or reason. DO NOT APPLY AT WMC!
Use to be good, but not so much anymore
Manager (Former Employee), Casper, WYJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: great staff
Cons: administration
Employees are great, but administration makes management bounce around initiatives never focusing on completing a task. Current administration is worthless and has crushed morale of the directors, managers, and employees. They have outsourced departments and have laid off personnel.
Awesome hospital
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Casper, WYNovember 10, 2014
Best hospital to work for. Challenging with opportunities to advance your career.
the nurse and Dr's included the CNA and patients in the care plan, worked as a teem
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Casper, WYOctober 31, 2014
Pros: family get togethers, pot luck meals, team work
Cons: unit closed and had to lay off people, unit names to close together that when codes called they would go to wrong place
I learned professional knowledge on team work and care from the team on rehabilitate unit, if you where interested in learning they where always there to teach you
Corrupt and dysfunctional culture of management.
CNA then Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Casper, WYJune 29, 2014
Pros: full time work in casper
Cons: awful management, short or no breaks, bad insurance, casper sucks.
ER and Surgical floor- Fast paced work, always moving, always something to do. Great learning experience. Twelve hour shifts, Cerner charting system is a paired-down version (economy), so it is difficult and dysfunctional in many ways. I learned so many things that I wouldn't have had the chance to learn if working in another department. No training was made available in the ER. Surgical floor training was marginal, and in some cases negligent. Heavy workloads, and high stress. Surgeons still treat nurses as inferiors, and don't work as a team. Many on staff are just trying to survive long enough to gain experience and get the heck out of Casper, which is an awful city by any standards. Management was terrible, and mostly feared. They say one thing and they do another. The wonderful manager who hired me quit soon after I started, and there was a huge loss in morale as the prevailing reason she left was because of the terrible upper management. Each potential new manager they tried to hire would suddenly reject the offer just days before beginning, and they couldn't fill that position for an entire year. Management seems to be protecting themselves and their jobs rather than fixing problems (which are often themselves). Focused more on money. CEO Vicke Diamond once stated at an in-service "we can only hope that there are more sick people during the upcoming months". At another meeting regarding budget cuts she dispelled a rumor that she made $700,000 a year, stating "I only make $625,00 a year, and $250,000 of that isn't awarded unless the hospital makes it's annual budget". – more...
I witnessed first-hand the driving-out of great employees for made-up or non-existent reasons. It seemed that if you were good, then you were a threat. If you showed them that they could or should be better, then you were kicked-out.
Again and again I met people in the community who told similar stories of how they, friends, or family were treated terribly after performing so well on the job. Apparently the hospital has a decades long reputation for acting in this manner. They are in the middle of a budget crisis, and are cutting staff, and taking away benefits such as Paid Leave and Overtime. They are threatened by a newly opened Mountain View hospital on the other side of town, which was built by a group of physicians who were sick-and-tired of the management of WMC. Recently another hospital has broken ground, and this has caused WMC to commit even more of their budget to building competing facilities nearby. This will undoubtedly be paid for by the reductions in staff and benefits over the next decade. There is a definite lack of culture in the Casper region, and this is transferred into every aspect of the hospital despite the diamonds in the rough.
Overall it was a great opportunity and experience for a new nurse. I learned a great deal of important and useful medical procedures and techniques. Anyone looking for work at WMC would be advised to take the time to talk to the staff and community, and be fully prepared for the possibility of mistreatment by the management. – less
A joy to wake up and go to work.
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee), Casper, WYFebruary 14, 2014
All Adl's, blood sugar checks, showers, feedings. I specialized in caring for patients that were to demise soon,
Day as a CNA
CCT (Current Employee), Casper, WYFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: great coworkers, love my job
Get to work get quick hand off from aide from shift before. Update boards of names of nurse, charge nurse and myself. Assist with toileting and bathing patients. Do blood sugar testing and help with vitals. Assist patients in ordering breakfast. Continue with morning by helping patients with ADL's and nurses with any asks they delegate to me. Get afternoon vitals and blood sugars. Clean rooms and take trash and linen out of room. Get evening vitals. Hand off to next shift.
good medical center for central wyoming
RN, Acute Care (Former Employee), Casper, WYAugust 20, 2013
Was enjoyable to work there and getting to work with the students. Good and dedicated staff. Not good pay for nurses
Tertiary Referral Center in a small town
Chief Medical Officer/ VP of Medical Affaits (Current Employee), Casper, WYMay 14, 2013
WMC is an unusual organization offering specialized services to a geographically large but sparsely populated referral area. Never the same thing twice, continuous learning environment. Management is friendly and no one is too cool to pitch in and help.
Strong medical staff, great nursing care, strong commitment to patient first.
Sometimes a hard place to work.
Pharmacy Intern (Current Employee), Casper, WYApril 15, 2013
Benefits are been getting less and less over the past 10 years. Insurance is to expensive and raises have been decreasing over the years.
Bad in everyway
RN (Former Employee), Casper WyomingFebruary 21, 2013
Pros: some nice people
Cons: everything else!
I worked here for less than a year, and it was too long. Corrupt, from the top down, if you say something about it, you will be fired! Beware!! You will regret it! Even the lunches are too expensive, they charge you for the plates!
Awesome Place
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee), Casper, WYFebruary 17, 2013
Great Doctors and Medics. Management was always there to help. New uniforms where great. Co Workers made coming to work a lot easier
medical assistant
cna/medical assistant (Current Employee), Casper, WYJune 6, 2012
Pros: hour lunch, great people to work with
Cons: extra work loads dropped on you, short staffed
i love being around the patients and helping people
i learn new and exciting things everyday about people, places and medical problems
love my manager
love my co workers
the hardest part is trying to do 3 jobs in one when they fired some people so i automatically have to take over those jobs and im only one person and i dont feel like i am doing my job that i was hired for to the fullest because of all the extras and that upsets me, i want to make sure all the patients are being taken care of the way they need to be.
love the patients
Lost sole community provider status and hemorraging FTEs
Accountant (Former Employee), Casper, WYApril 25, 2012
Pros: good compensation.
Cons: miss 3 days for any reason and you'll be fired.
This is not a good place to be. They are looking at outsourcing several key areas. There is corruption and deception deeply embedded at the top. Very unstable.

July 21, 2012

I couldn't agree more! I worked for this company for years. put up with it day in and day out. the corruption and greed is the reason I will never go back! I don't want to be treated there either. The only positive is that my co-workers felt the same way and we worked as a team. As soon as employess found something else, they moved on to better things. You'll be fired if you ever speak up about any wrong-doing. They'll find a reason. It's sad coming from a hospital that is supposed to care about patients and employees, but they dont care about either....just the money.

Management needs help!
CNA (Former Employee), 5TH Floor-PCUNovember 16, 2011
I learn to work with little support from your supervisor. i feel sorry for the patient that get the short end of the spoon.