Wythe County Community Hospital

Wythe County Community Hospital Employer Reviews

It was fun interacting with the clients because taught me allot of things. They where retired and some had lived a excellent life.
Under the direction of the Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Wytheville, VAOctober 1, 2013
Pros: had free meal ticketts because staff prepared the food
Cons: just wasn't allot of help and company didn't even aknowledge there was a body there
The staff had a many of duties patient care, administer medications, and prepared three meals, and cleaned the kitchen. Myself it did not leave time to spend with clients.
Excellent hospital filled with hard-working professionals
Laboratory Volunteer (Former Employee), Wytheville, VAAugust 20, 2013
A typical day consisted of observing the technicians do their work, helping organize samples when I could, organizing patient data, and observing the pathologist work in gross and microscopic pathology.

I learned a great deal about the clinical environment

Management was kind and knowledgeable

My co-workers were very busy and hard-working but always – more... managed to have time to explain procedures and concepts to me

The hardest part of the job was not being in the way

The most enjoyable part of learning as much as I did and feeling like I was part of the group – less
like working with family
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee), Wytheville, VAAugust 5, 2013
This position can be very hectic, but I loved the rush, the crazier the day the more I like it! Management was great to work for at that time. My co-workers all worked through any differences and became like family. We often attended activities together outside of the work place. The hardest part of this job was dealing with registration of very ill – more... patients. – less
Small Hospital with friendly people
Power Plant Operator/ Mechanic (Former Employee), Wytheville, VAJuly 11, 2012
Pros: m-f 8 hrs daily set scheduel except for "on call" weeks
Cons: maintence dept was security and morgue attendants
Make general Maintenance rounds to ensure facility equipment working properly.

Maintain boiler system and blow downs.

Experienced/ easy to work with managment in maintence dept
Great place to work and grow within healthcare.
Collection Specialist (Internship) (Former Employee), Wytheville, VAMarch 21, 2012
I was with Wythe County Community Hospital for an Intership through New River Commuinty College and learned so much from the office staff. The company has great core values and really take pride in serving their clients and their individual needs.