Wythe County Community Hospital Employee Reviews

mammography
RTR/M (Former Employee) –  Wytheville, VAAugust 31, 2017
I loved working at Wythe County community Hospital as a mammographer and knowing that I was making a differnce with not only patients but assisting the radiologists and surgeons.
Great hospital
Assist the ER physician and nurses (Current Employee) –  Wytheville, VAAugust 11, 2017
worked here 28 plus years, great community hospital, great healthcare great benefits takes care of their employees great work environment--healthcare can be demanding and you have to be ready for what rolls in the door
Good place to work with good salary & benefits.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Skilled Nursing (ECU)June 1, 2017
WCCH is a good place to work. I worked ECU which I loved. Being in nursing 40 years, I knew many of the patients in the unit from previous medical encounters. I appreciated the nurses I worked with on 7pm-7am shift as they assisted me in many ways when I needed an extra set of hands. I learned new nursing skills in some procedures. A typical 7pm-7am shift most of the times was just as busy if not more so than 7am-7pm shift. For me, most of the time I was one RN for 7-8 pts. Some pts have "sundowners", therefore they have problems going to sleep. They are confused between night & day. Sometimes I didn't have time to go to the bathroom, take a break, or eat a bite if I was by myself on the unit. The most enjoyable part of job were the pts. I'm a pt care RN. I'm all about the pt & their needs to make them better.
Pros
I live close to WCCH. Takes me 2-3minutes to drive to work.
Cons
RN to pt ratio bad. One RN to 7-8 pts. The only unit staffed like this.
Unbalanced and chaotic
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wytheville, VaMarch 22, 2017
The hospital continues to be understaffed and lacks any direction. Management believes a candy bar makes staff feel better when they are over worked.
Worse company for nurses to work at
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wytheville, VirginiaJanuary 3, 2017
Worse company I have ever worked for!! Sign-On Bonus is a SCAM on there part. Threatened to keep your wages and W2 from nurses if you dont work a year
Pros
The other nurses are nice
Cons
You don't get a lunch on third but they take out a lunch break
Wcch
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Wytheville, VAJune 19, 2016
WCCH registration is a great department to work for. Everyone help each other and no one gets left behind. I have enjoyed working here.
Great place to work, very fun co-workers, friendly management
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Wytheville, VAMay 10, 2016
Really enjoyed my time there. Always had a very close relationship with co-workers. We are all team players. I always felt I could approach my supervisor with any issues. They were always ready to help. Management and leadership team was also very friendly, always speaking and smiling when you encountered them. Most even knew you by name.
Pros
frequent free lunch celebrations, employee picnics, good benefits, friendly staff
Cons
earned sick time was made really difficult to utilize
Small Community Hospital
DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  RadiologyOctober 22, 2015
I enjoyed the people that I worked with. They were my family away from home. People who work there are usually there for a long time, so you become to know one another and become close.
Pros
Good benefits. You earned PTO and EIT
Cons
For profit
So glad to be away from this place!
Patient Access Specialist/Centralized Scheduling (Former Employee) –  Wytheville, VAMarch 29, 2015
Working at WCCH was awful. Raises were minimal, there was the constant threat of losing your job and management never did anything to try and fix problems you brought to their attention. It is terrible everyday to walk into a place worried you are going to no longer have a job.
Several big problems were brought up management and were brushed under the rug.
So there are your cons! Pay stinks, management is not effective and job security was never existent.

Working with the community was the only decent thing about the job.
Pros
Cons
to many to list
Good work environment
LPTA (Former Employee) –  Wytheville, VADecember 6, 2014
Steady flow of patients. Great co-workers, worked as a team.
Flexible schedule
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wythevile, vaSeptember 30, 2014
only worked for a short time and was laid off due to the return of the person I had replaced.
It was fun interacting with the clients because taught me allot of things. They where retired and some had lived a excellent life.
Under the direction of the Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wytheville, VAOctober 1, 2013
The staff had a many of duties patient care, administer medications, and prepared three meals, and cleaned the kitchen. Myself it did not leave time to spend with clients.
Pros
Had free meal ticketts because staff prepared the food
Cons
Just wasn't allot of help and company didn't even aknowledge there was a body there
Excellent hospital filled with hard-working professionals
Laboratory Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Wytheville, VAAugust 20, 2013
A typical day consisted of observing the technicians do their work, helping organize samples when I could, organizing patient data, and observing the pathologist work in gross and microscopic pathology.

I learned a great deal about the clinical environment

Management was kind and knowledgeable

My co-workers were very busy and hard-working but always managed to have time to explain procedures and concepts to me

The hardest part of the job was not being in the way

The most enjoyable part of learning as much as I did and feeling like I was part of the group
like working with family
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wytheville, VAAugust 5, 2013
This position can be very hectic, but I loved the rush, the crazier the day the more I like it! Management was great to work for at that time. My co-workers all worked through any differences and became like family. We often attended activities together outside of the work place. The hardest part of this job was dealing with registration of very ill patients.
Small Hospital with friendly people
Power Plant Operator/ Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Wytheville, VAJuly 11, 2012
Make general Maintenance rounds to ensure facility equipment working properly.

Maintain boiler system and blow downs.

Experienced/ easy to work with managment in maintence dept
Pros
m-f 8 hrs daily set scheduel except for "on call" weeks
Cons
maintence dept was security and morgue attendants
Great place to work and grow within healthcare.
Collection Specialist (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Wytheville, VAMarch 21, 2012
I was with Wythe County Community Hospital for an Intership through New River Commuinty College and learned so much from the office staff. The company has great core values and really take pride in serving their clients and their individual needs.