Wythe County Community Hospital Employee Review

View all Wythe County Community Hospital reviews

like working with family
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wytheville, VAAugust 5, 2013
This position can be very hectic, but I loved the rush, the crazier the day the more I like it! Management was great to work for at that time. My co-workers all worked through any differences and became like family. We often attended activities together outside of the work place. The hardest part of this job was dealing with registration of very ill patients.

Other Wythe County Community Hospital Employee Reviews

Enjoyed working here for several years, and overall a good place to work. The work environment could use some improvement at times (better staffing).
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wytheville, VADecember 16, 2017
Only major concern is staff-patient ratio at times. Often acuity level is overlooked and minimal staffing is available. Staff nice and take pride in what they do.
Pros
Most staff very nice and take great pride in what they do.
Cons
Often, Not able to take breaks or leave the unit. Short Staffed at times, Nurse to Patient Acuity/Load is often high.
Small town hospital
Surgical Care Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wytheville, VAOctober 17, 2017
Very small town hospital with lack of resources. Understaffed with 6:1 patient ratio and minimal breaks. Patient acuity is high for lack of resources.