Wythe County Community Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Small Community Hospital
DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  RadiologyOctober 22, 2015
I enjoyed the people that I worked with. They were my family away from home. People who work there are usually there for a long time, so you become to know one another and become close.
Pros
Good benefits. You earned PTO and EIT
Cons
For profit
So glad to be away from this place!
Patient Access Specialist/Centralized Scheduling (Former Employee) –  Wytheville, VAMarch 29, 2015
Working at WCCH was awful. Raises were minimal, there was the constant threat of losing your job and management never did anything to try and fix problems you brought to their attention. It is terrible everyday to walk into a place worried you are going to no longer have a job.
Several big problems were brought up management and were brushed under the rug.
So there are your cons! Pay stinks, management is not effective and job security was never existent.

Working with the community was the only decent thing about the job.
Pros
Cons
to many to list
Good work environment
LPTA (Former Employee) –  Wytheville, VADecember 6, 2014
Steady flow of patients. Great co-workers, worked as a team.
Flexible schedule
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wythevile, vaSeptember 30, 2014
only worked for a short time and was laid off due to the return of the person I had replaced.
It was fun interacting with the clients because taught me allot of things. They where retired and some had lived a excellent life.
Under the direction of the Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wytheville, VAOctober 1, 2013
The staff had a many of duties patient care, administer medications, and prepared three meals, and cleaned the kitchen. Myself it did not leave time to spend with clients.
Pros
had free meal ticketts because staff prepared the food
Cons
just wasn't allot of help and company didn't even aknowledge there was a body there
Excellent hospital filled with hard-working professionals
Laboratory Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Wytheville, VAAugust 20, 2013
A typical day consisted of observing the technicians do their work, helping organize samples when I could, organizing patient data, and observing the pathologist work in gross and microscopic pathology.

I learned a great deal about the clinical environment

Management was kind and knowledgeable

My co-workers were very busy and hard-working but always managed to have time to explain procedures and concepts to me

The hardest part of the job was not being in the way

The most enjoyable part of learning as much as I did and feeling like I was part of the group
No real room for advancement; administration horrible at solving problems of the workforce
Office Staff (Current Employee) –  Wytheville, VAJanuary 2, 2013
The lower-level workers, (nurses, office staff, etc) are friendly and good people. Working with patients, for the most part, is enjoyable. I have fun in the busy environment and love going the extra mile to make patients satisfied with their healthcare experience. However, administration is awkward at best when solving problems that arise in the doctors' offices and hospital. They are hard to get in touch with and usually say that a problem or issue will, "work itself out," rather than coming up with a solution. The politics are strong with this company; and many times, they'd rather hire someone from the outisde than help current employees get better jobs. Plus, they don't have a good sense of understanding for the workers, like nurses, who are run into the ground because the patient intake level is so high.
Pros
cheap, good hospital food; quality coworkers.
Cons
poor administrative problem-solving skills, some favoritism
Small Hospital with friendly people
Power Plant Operator/ Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Wytheville, VAJuly 11, 2012
Make general Maintenance rounds to ensure facility equipment working properly.

Maintain boiler system and blow downs.

Experienced/ easy to work with managment in maintence dept
Pros
m-f 8 hrs daily set scheduel except for "on call" weeks
Cons
maintence dept was security and morgue attendants
Great place to work and grow within healthcare.
Collection Specialist (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Wytheville, VAMarch 21, 2012
I was with Wythe County Community Hospital for an Intership through New River Commuinty College and learned so much from the office staff. The company has great core values and really take pride in serving their clients and their individual needs.