WyzAnt Tutoring Employee Reviews

Unfair and unreasonable company
Student (Former Employee) –  MichiganAugust 9, 2017
I had a complaint about a tutor who lack of ethic and responsibility and without asking any questions, I got an email saying my complaint had nothing to do with the company and therefore my account was going to be close. If any account needed to be close it was the tutor one, not mine.
Wyzant Review
AUTOCAD TUTOR (Former Employee) –  Ventura County, CAJuly 29, 2017
I enjoyed working with Wyzant however I would have liked more hours and more tutoring sessions. Glad I was able to help the many students that I was able to tutor. I usually met my students at Starbucks or someplace similar and we both would work on our laptops.
Pros
Meeting new students and people
Cons
not enough work
Great place to use your skills
Certified tutor of Java (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJuly 29, 2017
You get to work at your own place and you set the pay you want to make. The work is rewarding because you are helping people to learn and prepare them for the job market.
A chance to do something you love
Private Tutor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 28, 2017
I love being a private tutor. I especially enjoy the excitement and happiness my clients feel when they start to succeed and see great improvement in what at first seemed so difficult.

Wyzant provides excellent customer service and serves as the middle man between you and your clients. They make doing business easier.
Pros
Controlling your own schedule and pay.
Cons
At first it can be slow starting out.
This is a good site to find tutoring positions in rural or urban areas.
tutor for Autism (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 26, 2017
I really like the site---easy to monitor and use. Pay compensation is on time and fast.

Questions get answered fast and all communication is user-friendly and quick.

Recommended it to several other retired teachers.
Excellent platform for professional tutors to network and tutor!
Professional Tutor (Current Employee) –  Jobstown, NJJuly 18, 2017
I have been a professional tutor with WyzAnt for approximately 2 years and the experience has been excellent! WyzAnt allows me to network (safely) with a large list of students in my area. I will continue to tutor through WyzAnt for the years to come!
Fun and able to make your own schedule
Tutor/Mentor (Current Employee) –  OnlineJuly 18, 2017
Wyzant gives a great opportunity to reach out and help students in need of help to succeed with the various classes they are struggling with. It pays off commission. It also gives background checks so as to help the student and tutors meet up and feel safe.
40% commission is too much
Certified Tutor - (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 11, 2017
I had a great experience,but I believe that 40% was too much to take out. I enjoyed the independence and working with a variety of clients. I met some very interesting people.
Pros
Independent contractor
Cons
Commisiin of 40% is too much
Good Tutoring Service Provider
Spanish Tutor (Current Employee) –  Gwinnett County, GAJune 28, 2017
I have a great opportunity to tutor different culturally background children. I enjoy the experience and made me learn from them too. Some problems that I have had was that some students live far from me and that some time they did not use my service for a long time.
Online Company- well organized good website automatic deposit in my bank acct.
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Folsom, CAJune 22, 2017
Wyzant is an online company. Customer service has been helpful and they have a good job posting board. I have several leads and students through Wyzant.
Best for urban settings, as there are more students
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Piedmont, VAJune 11, 2017
Great company if you live in the city! Taught biology, chemistry, math, essay writing, song writing and organizational skills. Nice, relaxed folks at Wyzant.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
Not for country settings
Wonderful Tutoring management website
French and Spanish Language Teacher (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 11, 2017
The website is easy to navigate.
The support team answers emails/requests very fast. Their answers are very personalized and accurate.
They have a good notification system
alowed great students to tutor
Professional Tutor (Current Employee) –  Brea, CAJune 2, 2017
however, location was a problem. When I moved to Grand Junction, there was a serious lack of students that Wyzant offered. I loved tutoring but it was not a stable income.
Tutoring
Private Tutor/ Contracted Agent (Current Employee) –  onlineMay 23, 2017
While the market can be slow at times (especially in the Martinsburg-Hagerstown area), the work associated with tutoring and teaching can be very rewarding.
Fantastic Tutoring Service
Private Tutor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 22, 2017
I have really loved my time with Wyzant. Through them, I have become both a better tutor and a better writer. The best part of working for Wyzant is the moment of realization in a student's face when they suddenly understand a concept with which they had been struggling. The scheduling is very simple; you make your own hours, and you determine how many students you wish to take on at a time. I highly recommend working for them!
Pros
Set your own schedule, easy environment
Cons
Minimal hours, company takes a cut of your earnings
Work on your schedule
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Chino, CAMay 15, 2017
Set your own travel area. tutor as many people as you are able and competent to. Set your own hourly rate based on your competency. Wyzant sets you up with students and you take care of the rest. There are so many subjects to tutor and you are in charge of your own schedule. Some tutors make a living wage with this job, so the possibilities are endless.
Pros
Work on your schedule, have as many students as you can handle.
Cons
Wyzant takes 40% of your hourly rate
Excellent resource for running a Tutoring business.
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 28, 2017
Wyzant helped me get my foot in the door in what has become an extremely competitive field in the Houston, TX. area. With the wide variety of cultures and extreme competition in scholastic achievements and many foreign students with language challenges, Wyzant is a frequented website in search of qualified Tutors. The company business model convenience and reliability of pay is key. They hold you to a high level of accountability which I feel they reciprocate. The website and app management is friendly and the support quick and friendly as well. They reward loyalty, consistency with visibility and pay percentage increase. Flexibility is wonderful, I work where when and with whom I choose.
Pros
Flexibility, Reliability, Support, Pay, Friendly
Cons
They take a large percentage, but yours grows quickly and the start pay is up to you. Local Travel required.
Easy to find students, but Wyzant takes large cut
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAMarch 29, 2017
Wyzant is one of the better tutoring sites that I have been involved with. The site is easy to navigate and many parents are looking for tutors for their kids. The problem is that all transactions and scheduling must be done through the site. This means that it takes a lot of effort on both sides to makes an appointment happen. They also take quite a big cut of the per hour pay until you tutor a min number of hours. It is like a tier system where those who teach 100+ or above will get a high percentage of their compensation.
Pros
virtual teaching platform is great
Cons
take large cut of pay
Good place to start tutoring
Tutor (Current Employee) –  onlineMarch 17, 2017
Wyzant provides advertisement and students for your tutoring "career". Thus, they take 30% of your hourly rate once you reach 50 hours of tutoring (before that they take 40%). If you do not mind the amount of money they make, it is fine as a supplemental/part-time income. I've been very fortunate to tutor bright students who just needed a little more confidence or extra time to study over their course work. I have found the experience tutoring to be overall a very positive one!
Tutoring all ranges of people in life
Academic Tutor for Hire (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 10, 2017
At WyzAnt.com I worked as an Academic Tutor for Hire. You are able to set your own pay rate and hours.

I teach students/business men and women, kids all the way up to adults in the fields of Autodesk Maya (3D Program), Adobe Photoshop CS2-5, Adobe Illustrator, Microsoft PowerPoint, Video Production, etc.
Pros
Set own schedule and pay rate
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WyzAnt Tutoring. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval