WyzAnt Tutoring Employee Reviews

Best for urban settings, as there are more students
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Piedmont, VAJune 11, 2017
Great company if you live in the city! Taught biology, chemistry, math, essay writing, song writing and organizational skills. Nice, relaxed folks at Wyzant.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
Not for country settings
Wonderful Tutoring management website
French and Spanish Language Teacher (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 11, 2017
The website is easy to navigate.
The support team answers emails/requests very fast. Their answers are very personalized and accurate.
They have a good notification system
alowed great students to tutor
Professional Tutor (Current Employee) –  Brea, CAJune 2, 2017
however, location was a problem. When I moved to Grand Junction, there was a serious lack of students that Wyzant offered. I loved tutoring but it was not a stable income.
Tutoring
Private Tutor/ Contracted Agent (Current Employee) –  onlineMay 23, 2017
While the market can be slow at times (especially in the Martinsburg-Hagerstown area), the work associated with tutoring and teaching can be very rewarding.
Fantastic Tutoring Service
Private Tutor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 22, 2017
I have really loved my time with Wyzant. Through them, I have become both a better tutor and a better writer. The best part of working for Wyzant is the moment of realization in a student's face when they suddenly understand a concept with which they had been struggling. The scheduling is very simple; you make your own hours, and you determine how many students you wish to take on at a time. I highly recommend working for them!
Pros
Set your own schedule, easy environment
Cons
Minimal hours, company takes a cut of your earnings
Work on your schedule
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Chino, CAMay 15, 2017
Set your own travel area. tutor as many people as you are able and competent to. Set your own hourly rate based on your competency. Wyzant sets you up with students and you take care of the rest. There are so many subjects to tutor and you are in charge of your own schedule. Some tutors make a living wage with this job, so the possibilities are endless.
Pros
Work on your schedule, have as many students as you can handle.
Cons
Wyzant takes 40% of your hourly rate
Excellent resource for running a Tutoring business.
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 28, 2017
Wyzant helped me get my foot in the door in what has become an extremely competitive field in the Houston, TX. area. With the wide variety of cultures and extreme competition in scholastic achievements and many foreign students with language challenges, Wyzant is a frequented website in search of qualified Tutors. The company business model convenience and reliability of pay is key. They hold you to a high level of accountability which I feel they reciprocate. The website and app management is friendly and the support quick and friendly as well. They reward loyalty, consistency with visibility and pay percentage increase. Flexibility is wonderful, I work where when and with whom I choose.
Pros
Flexibility, Reliability, Support, Pay, Friendly
Cons
They take a large percentage, but yours grows quickly and the start pay is up to you. Local Travel required.
Easy to find students, but Wyzant takes large cut
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAMarch 29, 2017
Wyzant is one of the better tutoring sites that I have been involved with. The site is easy to navigate and many parents are looking for tutors for their kids. The problem is that all transactions and scheduling must be done through the site. This means that it takes a lot of effort on both sides to makes an appointment happen. They also take quite a big cut of the per hour pay until you tutor a min number of hours. It is like a tier system where those who teach 100+ or above will get a high percentage of their compensation.
Pros
virtual teaching platform is great
Cons
take large cut of pay
Good place to start tutoring
Tutor (Current Employee) –  onlineMarch 17, 2017
Wyzant provides advertisement and students for your tutoring "career". Thus, they take 30% of your hourly rate once you reach 50 hours of tutoring (before that they take 40%). If you do not mind the amount of money they make, it is fine as a supplemental/part-time income. I've been very fortunate to tutor bright students who just needed a little more confidence or extra time to study over their course work. I have found the experience tutoring to be overall a very positive one!
Tutoring all ranges of people in life
Academic Tutor for Hire (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 10, 2017
At WyzAnt.com I worked as an Academic Tutor for Hire. You are able to set your own pay rate and hours.

I teach students/business men and women, kids all the way up to adults in the fields of Autodesk Maya (3D Program), Adobe Photoshop CS2-5, Adobe Illustrator, Microsoft PowerPoint, Video Production, etc.
Pros
Set own schedule and pay rate
Cons
N/a
Flexible hours good pay
Math Tutor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 6, 2017
Hardest part of job is finding students near you to tutor. Another bad thing about new tutors is that wyzant keeps 40% of whatever you make. I charge 40$ an hour only to get 22$.
Making my tutoring business easy
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 6, 2017
Great way to find clients for your tutoring business. Certifies tutors in subjects so clients know they are hiring competent tutors. I tutored math, physics, and CAD. Learned a lot about how to share my knowledge with other students efficiently and effectively. Hardest part of job was driving all over Washington, DC metro area, and finding mutually-agreeable public meeting places for tutoring. Most enjoyable part of job was gratitude from students and parents as to how much I helped their studies.
Pros
Flexible hours, good pay
Cons
Lots of travel
Excellent Platform, Great Customer Service
Private Tutor (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIFebruary 14, 2017
Wyzant takes the hassle out of tutoring, especially for those of us just starting out, like me. They review and either approve my qualifications for each subject I would like to tutor in, give advice on what kind of service to provide and jobs to take on, and do a great job of alerting me of when other jobs come up. They also have a second to none customer service line - when I had a complicated issue with a parent, Wyzant's customer service person on the phone was both competent and caring in helping me make sense of how to address it. I recommend 100%.
Pros
Awesome Customer Service, Payment Handled on Wyzant's End
Cons
Can Take Some Time to Start Making Bigger Amounts of Money
Independent contracting made easy
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Ocean, NJFebruary 4, 2017
WyzAnt is a great tool for building a tutoring business from the ground up. As an independent contractor using the company for leads and job postings, I find that WyzAnt made it easy to grow my tutoring business and allow me to have many more students than I would have through just word-of-mouth.
Great company
Private Tutor (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILJanuary 27, 2017
Been with Wyzant since 2009. Great tutoring company.Great online tutoring platform to teach online students many subjects including math, with ability to demonstrate concepts.
It's a tutoring website where students can get the tutor they desire
Spanish tutor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 24, 2017
It's a very efficient company which is up to date with technology. Students write to you by a message system that the company offers you and you can communicate with the student and set up classes. They have access to your profile and police record. It's a very safe environment.
Increased Demand Due To Wide Network
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJanuary 8, 2017
The demand for my tutorial services has never been as good as this! Wyzant's access to a wide network connects me, the tutor, to job prospects both within and beyond the Wyzant website, thus keeping demand for my services at an all time HIGH! My fee is negotiable. Clients are generally honorable and respect terms at the get go.
As a tutor, I keep to the one-hour session limit in order to reach objectives efficiently and quickly.
Pros
Excellent customer service
Cons
Limit of ten client prospects per day.
not well manged
Japanese and art Tutor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 6, 2017
There was some miscommunication with emails, and sometimes it was confusing.
However, I got many great students and made lots of friends form the experience. I appreciate that they gave me the experience.
Great supportive tutorial agency to work with.
Professional Spanish Language Coach (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 3, 2016
This is a great company to work with because they are super supportive and do an amazing job with the marketing!

Every call answered and never a question goes unanswered!
Pros
Rewards system
Cons
Absolutely none!
Great, just need more hours.
Tutor-English & French (Current Employee) –  Sacramento County, CANovember 9, 2016
The folks who answer the phones are very bright, courteous & have, so far, answered every question I have had, appropriately & helpfully. I have enjoyed working with each and every student I have tutored!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WyzAnt Tutoring. Our community is ready to answer.