WyzAnt Employee Review

% Outs a bit much
Statistics Tutor (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMarch 12, 2014
You charge what you want, they take a decent percent out at first but it's what you sign up for

Other WyzAnt Employee Reviews

Students and Tutors Should Look for Other Tutoring Options
Tutor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 14, 2018
I am very skeptical about their business model. The initial charge to tutors is 40% of the hourly rate. On top of that they apparently charge students to use the services. I think this service fee is 7% for each tutoring session. Overall, they collect 47%! I am confident that the high hourly cut from tutors results in some tutors charging a much higher hourly rate. If tutor does not charge the higher rate, the tutor will obviously earn less than his or her typical fee. It seems logical that if the tutor is earning less, the student might be treated differently from other students. This does not seem very appealing from a tutor’s perspective or a student’s perspective.

Another issue that I have with them is the exams they give to tutors. My information here might be old but I do recall that the test was open book test and I do not think there was a time limit. This is what I recall but this was several years ago. This aspect is good for the tutors but may not be very good for students.

My third issue with Wyzant is that my leads are low quality. It is almost bizarre. The leads from Wyzant rarely respond. The leads from other tutoring services respond much more frequently
Pros
None That I Would Consider Important
Cons
A 40% Initial Hourly Charge to Tutors and a 7% Hourly Service Fee to Students.
Too Greedy
Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 2, 2018
They need to adjust the business model because most students are short term in this current economy. The current commission split puts the tutor at a disadvantage vs. other private tutoring services in the local market. Balance is needed between independent contractor and Wyzant.
Pros
National program
Cons
Commission split not viable with current market conditions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WyzAnt. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3