WyzAnt Employee Review

Students not reliable
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYOctober 25, 2013
I feel I have offered great tutoring sessions, but students either want the work done for them or they just disappear.
Pros
Own schedule
Cons
Students not following through

Other WyzAnt Employee Reviews

A Great Opportunity for Tutors Starting from Scratch
Accounting Tutor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 12, 2017
Wyzant is a great opportunity for tutors building up a business. It takes time, and it takes patience, but after a year of tutoring one or two students every two or three months, assuming one provides great service and great results, they will start getting more inquiries, to the point where it will be a viable business opportunity.

There are many tutors on Wyzant who make a great living doing extremely rewarding work. There is something money can't justify when a student tells you, "I failed my first two tests and may not have graduated from college, but thanks to your tutoring, I was able to pass with a B and get my degree!"

If that sounds like something one would like to do with their life, Wyzant is a great platform to start out. Just understand, they take a fat cut off your hourly rate, and if you don't perform, you will not be successful.

That said, the risks and costs have been well worth it for me.
Pros
Cons
self determined hours, self determined pay scale, self determined culture, self determined job function, only limits are market forces, high percentage fee split with Wyzant (but worth it)
Self employed individuals are helped by WyzAnt to find customers
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara County, CANovember 10, 2017
I like Wyzant because the company finds jobs for self employed individuals. The customer service department is very helpful in solving technical problems.
Pros
Self employed people have freedom to choose jobs
Cons
Wyzant take 30% of my pay and their are no benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WyzAnt. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3