XL Marketing is seeking a mid level Perl software developer who is ready for the challenges and responsibilities that come with working in a high-energy, fast-paced environment. We are looking for a candidate that is a mid level software developer with strong OO Perl and MySQL skills who is looking to grow their skill set fast. The position is for a telecommuting Perl software developer, there will be occasional travel to NYC for meetings, training, and corporate events.
Key Job Responsibilities:
Design, develop, test and integrate code into our existing system as well as build out new features
At least a bachelor's degree, in Computer Science, an equivalent, or equivalent work experience (3-5 years).
Required skills and experience:
· Object Oriented Perl
· Strong relational database concepts (preferable MySQL)
· Familiarity with Linux/Unix
· Detail oriented and self motivated
· Excellent organizational and communication skills
· Ability to still meet deadlines while multitasking
Knowledge in any of the following areas is a plus:
· System administration skills
Please include a code sample of at least 200 lines demonstrating your ability of OO Perl for consideration.