Job Summary: The Accounting Clerk will provide full cycle Accounts Payable / Receivable support. Interaction on a daily basis with employees & vendors will be required. This position will ensure operational excellence, high productivity and customer satisfaction.
(The following statements describe the general nature of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties. Additional responsibilities may be assigned by management.)
- Provide back up for Accounting Manager. Assist with customer billing & collection activities.
- Handle all AP/AR filing.
- Monitor A/R aging Report.
- Assist with journal entries as directed.
- Verify accuracy of billing data and revise any errors.
- Initiate process to recoup funds from debtors.
- Process vendor invoices. Ensure they are coded & authorized prior to input. Match invoices to receipts (Purchase Orders).
- Run cash requirements for Accounting Department Manager to review prior to check run.
- Review vendor statements.
- Keep records of invoices and support documents for Carriers and Owner Operators.
- Set appointments, receive incoming mail and packages, and also oversee all outgoing parcels.
- Scan documents, and file when appropriate.
- Experience with McLeod Transportation software required.
- Ability to maintain exceptional degree of discretion regarding confidential information.
- Self-starter, works well with others, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize; Works well under pressure.
- Ability to work independently using good judgment or as part of a team.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Requires a high level of computer literacy, including Microsoft Office Applications such as expertise in Excel, Outlook and Word preferred.
- Demonstrates strong organizational, analytical, and planning skills with an attention to detail.
- Must be able to handle confidential and business sensitive data and maintain a high sense of professionalism and integrity.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or related field preferred; however not required.
- 3-5 years experience in corporate accounting a plus.