Job Summary: This position will oversee compliance of all Department of Transportation (DOT) and FMCS requirements and regulations.
(The following statements describe the general nature of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties. Additional responsibilities may be assigned by management.)
- Daily processing, handling, and data entry of documents, files, forms and requests to and from the Safety Department.
- Communicates to field employees, safety coordinators, and director of safety regarding compliance and logs.
- Maintain electronic, DQ file, Vehicle Maintenance Records, and IFTA database.
- Conduct DOT/FMCSA training with emphasis on proper logging, DVIR’s, IFTA reporting, light vehicles becoming a CMV, and DQ files.
- Managing other Driver Qualification Processes per DOT/ FMCSA standards to ensure compliance, including but not limited to:
-New Driver - Previous Employment Verifications
-Past Driver - Requests for verification of employment
-DVIR management and retention
-Vehicle Maintenance Files
-Maintain and collect IFTA Data and Mileages
- Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written form with a strong customer service orientation. * Solid typing and computer skills. * Ability to adapt to change in a fast-growing production environment. * Ability to work well under stress while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Associate’s Degree, or related experience and/or training, or combination of education and experience.
- Prefer 3-5 years experience in the record managment and administration of compliance with DOT regulations. * Knowledge of Microsoft Windows system (creating, naming, moving files/folders), and software.
- Very knowledgeable of CMV DOT/FMCSA regulations relating to HOS requirements: DVIR’s, IFTA/IRP, and CDL requirements
- Ability to work independently to meet deadlines and as part of team to communicate to employees and departments.
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills.