XYPRO, a well-known security software and solutions brand within the HP NonStop server community, is headquartered in modern offices in the beautiful foothills of Simi Valley. Our responsibility to a high-profile, international customer-base means you’ll participate in a fast-paced, results-driven environment meeting deadlines and celebrating exciting wins! Full-time employees enjoy excellent Healthcare, Dental, Vision, 401K, generous vacation time, regular company celebrations and are encouraged to take their birthday off!
We currently have a great opportunity for an experienced Java Application Architect to oversee the engineering and technology for a new security product.
The Java Architect is a senior engineering leadership role within the engineering team and exemplifies our values of passion for quality, innovation, collaboration, customer experience and fun.
- Analyze and compare various web application frameworks and propose the appropriate solution to meet business requirements.
- Design and implement advanced browser-based UIs based on site objectives by analyzing user requirements, envisioning system features and functionality. Design and/or build frameworks and reusable code for use across all products
- Recommend system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of custom development and purchase alternatives.
- Develop and evolve the system architecture required to support the changing demands of the web.
- BS in computer science or equivalent professional experience.
- 10 years professional development experience.
- 5+ years Java development using Object Oriented Analysis & Design (OOAD)
- Java EE, Java Servlets, Spring MVC, Hibernate
- SQL server 2008 and other relational databases.
- JSON, RESTful and general client-server interactions and architecture.
- Maven, Ant, JUnit, and Eclipse.
- HTTP Session management, HTTPS.
- Knowledge of UML design patterns a plus
- Less, Sass, Compass, CSS, CSS3, HTML5 and XHTML and responsive web development a plus