Xanterra Parks & Resorts

Xanterra Parks & Resorts Employer Reviews

great place to work
LEAD FIT SALES AGENT (Current Employee), Flagstaff, AZFebruary 12, 2015
My job is fun and can be hectic at times. It can be stressful but the stress is minimal once you learn how to manage your work.
Job different than stated
Front Server (Former Employee), Yellowstone National ParkFebruary 3, 2015
Was hired to work in the Lake Yellowstone Hotel Restaurant, restaurant was presented as fine dining but was really only upscale casual
Challenging and remote
Human Resources Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee), Grand Canyon, AZJanuary 18, 2015
Difficult to work and live with the same people. Coworkers were fine, but management was not trained to understand and empathize with employees.
xanterrable
COOK 3 / KITCHEN CREW (Current Employee), Yellowstone, WYJanuary 16, 2015
Terrible company to work for. Fun to work at national parks but company is xanterrable!
crater lake is a beautiful place to work live and play its one of the seven wonders of the world would recomend it to anyone
General Maintenance/ Engineering Tech II (Current Employee), Crater Lake National Park, ORJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: the place outweighs the people in likeness
Cons: would not recomend for winter stays
working at a national park for the concessionaires is very good . management is average , job security is good . bennefits such as medical, vision, and dentil are above average. vacation , sick time is average and rate of pay is below average for the same position any where else in the united states is my personal opinion . hours may vary. and excess work hours are needed due to low manpower.
terrible
hvac (Former Employee), williamsburgDecember 9, 2014
Cons: to many to list
low pay tons of stress toss you under the bus mentality.No advancement possibility unless your in the click.
Do not go to work here
member of Director team (Former Employee), Greenwood Village, COOctober 8, 2014
Terrible place to work. High stress. 16-hour work days. Extreme pay does not make up for the negatives. Poor employees that suck up are rewarded, good people who do their jobs are not. Stay away, stay far away.
Easy and working with exchange students from all around.
Line Server (Former Employee), Grand Canyon, AZJuly 15, 2014
Pros: free drinks, flexible schedule and many appreciation awards
Cons: pay for meals, uniforms and hours of operation
Well there were specific times where we got our business and then trying to figure out what to clean while it wasn't. I learned my first customer service job and food handling. I had met many co-workers from around the world and hearing stories from how things are over there. The hardest thing was trying to keep up with business especially when customers were coming left to right. I enjoyed the many times talking to customers and co-workers from around the world and getting a chance to learn many different cultures.
Interacting with guests
Room Attendant (Former Employee), WYMay 6, 2014
It was interesting meeting new people from around the world.
Not for everyone
Pubtender (Former Employee), WYApril 22, 2014
This job is unique your in the middle of the woods. Lots of little thing that you are use to are not around like tv other towns. But lots of work and the small community is like a family. If you like the out doors this is for you
Great place to work!
Food Server (Former Employee), Bryce, UTMarch 31, 2014
Great place to work...............................................................
One of the worst hospitality employers in the USA.
sous chef, line cook, prep (Former Employee), Yellowstone National Park, WYMarch 27, 2014
Pros: the national parks are amazing, meeting people from everywhere on earth is life-changing, knowing when it'll all end provides a light at the end of the tunnel on bad days/weeks.
Cons: upper management 'leaves you to the dogs', the meal plan is unhealthy and boring, the living quarters are primitive, overcrowded, noisy, and or unbearable for most
Horrible pay, horrible housing, horrible meal plan. Great people, amazing scenery, great networking opportunities.
very fun
House person (Former Employee), Yellowstone National Park, WYJanuary 10, 2014
Clean hotel areas. I learned that I lived inside of a volcano for 3 months. Management was the best, co workers were great and there was really no hard or easy part.
Tight knit family of coworkers.
Server/Bartender (Former Employee), Yellowstone National Park, WYNovember 4, 2013
Pros: coworkers, customers, scenery, lifestyle
Cons: long hours, being away from the city
Working at Yellowstone National Park as a server is a very different experience that I am glad that I had. A typical day at work is usually working a double or split shift. Most days were twelve hour days and most of the time you worked late and were up early the next morning. I worked and lived with the same people everyday and as a result we became incredibly close. The lifestyle is not for everybody but I have to say that I enjoyed it immensely. The scenery was beautiful all the time and I was able to meet people from all over the world on a daily basis. The only downside to the job would be the fact that we basically lived in the middle of nowhere. It is a long drive to get into any town close by and I very much missed being a part of city life.
It was fun and outgoing work
Cashier (Former Employee), Crater Lake, ORNovember 4, 2013
Pros: free espressoes every day, free meals.
Cons: none.
I worked at closing shifts every night. The manager likes how I work hard at nights because I get everything done. My co-workers are amazing team. I enjoyed that job before the government shutdown like free mochas every day, greeting the customers at the cash register, talking to co-workers if the business is slow, and making mass productions of the sandwiches. I have learned to deal with the customers satisfaction of the food and the service and also coping with stress through customers.
Xanterra?
Guest room Attendant/Houseperson (Former Employee), Grand Canyon, AZOctober 22, 2013
A typical day would be cleaning, and working your hardest on your job.
Yellowstone National Park
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Yellowstone National ParkSeptember 24, 2013
Pros: the views of yellowstone
Cons: no breaks, working 110 hours a week alone, horrible food
When I applied for this job it sounded like it would be a great experience. I would get to live in Yellowstone for the summer and spends days hiking and fishing while getting paid to work in one of the most beautiful places in the world. I was placed in the location of Grant Village where the gift shop was small, so only two associates and the store manager were going to be working there, but you would be working alone. When I arrived the store wasn't even open yet, so myself, the other associate, and the manager had to set the store up. Doing so made me feel more comfortable in the store because I knew where most of the products were. A typical day at work if I was opening would consist of arriving 30 minutes early making sure the store was stocked, dusted, and vacuumed. After I made sure that was done, I would open my register and then open the store. I would greet every customer that entered the store with a simple hello and smile. As they were looking around I would ask if they needed help finding anything. When the were done I would ring them out and send them off with a thank you and a smile. As the products left the shelf I would go by and front the store making sure everything was neat and orderly and all holes were filled. After my shift I would close my drawer: count the cash, debt and credit slips, and make the deposit for the day. If I was closing I would do the same as previously stated and close after the last customer had left even if it was after closing. After the door was closed and locked I would vacuum, restock, and close my drawer. Lock the door and leave – more... for the night. After the first couple of weeks the other associate fell and broke her wrist, so she was no longer able to work for a few weeks, and later tore a meniscus and was no longer able to work. It was down to myself and my manager. I ended up working for hours than my manager. I was working 110 hours a week 7 days a week. I was told I would be working up to 48 hours a week and I would have two days off. I don't think the manager did her job very well. I feel as though she was lazy and didn't care if she was there or not. The hardest part of the job was working 110 hours every week becoming sick and still having to work. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to the customers finding out where they are coming from and how much they are enjoying Yellowstone. – less
it is a ok place to work
Prep Cook (Former Employee), Yellowstone National Park, WYSeptember 12, 2013
it is a ok place to work as long as you can get a long with the management. the management this summer (2013) in grant village was the worst it has ever bean. the people i worked with were ok. we were under staffed an working 6 days a week but xanterra would not give us over time so if your job was not finished at 48 hours you had to go home even if there was still food to be cooked. an the management would not help you out they would sit in the office an talk. at least the chef an the food an bevarage manager would the am an pm sous chef''s would be on the floor helping the line cooks but prep would get no help at all. so ya that s what i have to say about xanterra parks an resorts in yellow stone for the summer of 2013
A fantastic opportunity to work and play in an amazing place.
Server/Guest Service Agent (Former Employee), Yellowstone National Park, WYSeptember 7, 2013
A wonderful experience and place to work, meet people and enjoy all that the park has to offer- wildlife, geysers, hiking, and incredible waterfalls.
Concierge for the Grand Canyon Railway and South Rim
Sales and Marketing Office Clerk (Current Employee), Flagstaff, AZAugust 16, 2013
Pros: great people
A typical day at work is answering phones, filing, generating and printing reports for the Sales Reps. Entering Rooming Lists into the system for each group that is coming into the Grand Canyon. Answering any questions that clients may have regarding the train or the South Rim lodging.

My co-workers are great people. Fun to work with.