Xanterra Parks & Resorts Employee Reviews

Friendly, advancement-oriented environment.
Kitchen Crew (Former Employee) –  Yellowstone National Park, WYJanuary 18, 2018
Xanterra is an absolutely fabulous company to have been employed by. They not only provide you with abundant hours and overtime, The staff is friendly, the rues are perfectly reasonable, the accommodations are decent, and the scenery is breathtaking.
Pros
Beautiful lcation
Cons
Room and Board cut from paychecks automatically.
Good place to live
Servers (Current Employee) –  Grand Canyon Village, AZJanuary 17, 2018
Ir’s Very nice to experience working here at the Grand Canyon to meet a lot of people around Em the world
Xanterra is a good company to work with . The manager wasn’t much helpful at the place I work but most of the place is nice
If you like anything outdoors work in Yellowstone for a season
Cahier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Yellowstone National Park, WYJanuary 15, 2018
See wild life, enjoy the company of internationals, see some of the most beautiful scenery this planet has to offer. Get hours, get a guaranteed place to live, all while getting along with just about anyone from all over the world. It's amazing dude get hired.
Pros
You never had to worry about travel time. You live within rock throwing distance.
Cons
It was just not so flexible on hours.
Xanterra
HUMAN RESOURCES RECRUITER (Former Employee) –  Death Valley Junction, CAJanuary 10, 2018
Xanterra can be a great company. Its hit or miss depending upon location. Managers are hit or miss also, some you wonder how they ever got there. But, they pay very, very low so staying isn't always an option, but leaving can be easy.
Solid company
S/R clerk I (Former Employee) –  Death Valley, CAJanuary 3, 2018
Interesting parks to see.One must not let the management deter them from enjoying the park experience.There is room for advancement.The chance to see much of this country is plentiful at Xanterra.
Pros
Got to see Death Valley
Cons
Poor management
It's sucked to work there but beautiful place to be
Server (Former Employee) –  Yellowstone National Park, WYJanuary 3, 2018
Pay me more and I'll be back. If not then good luck finding staff as we all know you were understaffed the past summer season. You should probably give us better food and housing too considering it sucked tremendously. Rarely had the stuff we needed to work and the uniforms were terrible. Act like you actually care about your workers or watch your company fall in time just like every other great company has.
Pros
It's yellowstone
Cons
Everything else
fun experience
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Yellowstone Canyon, AZJanuary 2, 2018
this was a unique and fun experience i think everyone should do it sometime in their life, you need to just get out and really enjoy nature. dont let the job consume you
Productive and fun working place
Server (Former Employee) –  Zion National Park, UTDecember 29, 2017
Awesome place to work for, would highly recommend to any one trying to experience new things while being in a beautiful National Park. The management was always fair and I instantly felt right at home working there.
tourist trap
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Grand Canyon, AZDecember 29, 2017
Xanterra was not a good company to work for. the conditions were bleak. There was never an opportunity for advancement. The management was not involved on a regular basis.
Pros
built in place to live
Cons
extremely old living quarters
fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Canyon, AZDecember 26, 2017
this place is full of life. on the days off you can go take hikes and enjoy the wildlife. you meet people from all over the world and you make their stay exciting.
Pros
discount on food and merchindise

Want to know more about Xanterra Parks & Resorts?

Ask a question
Fun living environment
Lead Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Crater Lake National Park, ORDecember 19, 2017
Unique living environment. There's no cell phone service. Dorm style housing. Socializing is the best option and allows people to become closer. Work is steady, gets very busy in gift shop. Management is lacking in professionalism. Adjusts schedule, and tasks to benefit them. You get to work with people from other countries which is great.
Adventurous
Yellowstone National Park - Linen Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Yellowstone, WIDecember 19, 2017
The park is a breeze, so working there should be a no brainer. Xanterra gives people the chance to live in a beautiful environment and get paid to be there.
Beautiful Park
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Grand Canyon Village, AZDecember 18, 2017
I love my job in the Grand Canyon. I work at the front desk at one of the lodges. I get to work with people from around the world. The one downside is that it's easy for me to make friends and they are from everywhere around the world but they are only here for a limited time and then have to go home. You have to be able to reason that in your brain that you can't get close to those who have to leave to go home. It can be hard. Living in the dorms was a bit of a drag, noise lot's of people in a small area, however once I moved to the apartments here housing became better and I mean a lot better. This company has made great strides in company and employee relations. They used to be fairly terrible but, that has changed at least in my opinion. My meals are discounted all the time and cost of living does not really apply here since your housing at maximum is not greater than $60.00 a month and utilities are covered. Also meals for a day never more than $12 for the whole day for all 3 meals. There is a downside for most people that is internet is limited at best I was disappointed when I found out that I had to get rid of my previous cell carrier and switch to Verizon.
Pros
Cheap Living, Great CoWorkers
Cons
No internet, Isolation from the real world
fun
Server Assistant / Host (Former Employee) –  Yellowstone National Park, WYDecember 14, 2017
i worked in a restaurant as a host and escorted people to there seats. i learned a lot about peoples cultures and about Yellowstone national park. management was strict but professional overall it was an exciting experience but the most enjoyable things were all the different types of people from all over the world
Pros
housing
Cons
getting up early
No Genuine Concern for Hourly Employees
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Grand Canyon, AZDecember 13, 2017
This is a beautiful place to work, and the intangible benefits (view, quiet, access to wilderness) are invaluable. Unfortunately, recent changes in top-level management have resulted in cuts to efforts to make employees feel genuinely appreciated for the sake of saving a dollar or two.
Pros
view, remoteness, access to public lands
Cons
top-level management, lack of employee appreciation, stale management force, outdated technology and systems
Fun way to live in and enjoy the park
Lead Employee Dining Room (Former Employee) –  Yellowstone National Park, WYDecember 12, 2017
Management was wonderful. Very attentive and always ready to help. Moved up in my job very easily. The work place was full of caring people who encouraged being and doing your best always.
I was Friendly With Almost Everyone
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Yellowstone National Park, WYDecember 8, 2017
I learned that I can do anything I set my mind to, and that cleaning and doing inventory can be fun. The lower the manager is the more likely they are to be a better person.
Pros
Beautiful scenery, guests from everywhere, safe-ish hitchhiking
Cons
Power outages, no water for 4 days, bad wifi connection
Low wages for work expected
Maintenance Crew (Former Employee) –  crater lake nationl park, oregonDecember 7, 2017
This company does not pay a livable wage and hires young unexperienced employees which makes work environment extremely difficult especially for managers trying to maintain a working staff with high work demands..
Pros
Beautiful park
Cons
dirt cheap wages
Low pay, but atmosphere literally couldn't be better
Public Area Attendant (Former Employee) –  Crater Lake, ORDecember 6, 2017
My typical day involved sweeping the floor, vacuuming the rug, taking out the trash, wiping down the tables and windows, and cleaned the bathrooms multiple times daily while being open to new developments. I learned how to follow a schedule at a brisk pace and get along with all co-workers and customers. The best part of the job, and what separates it from others like it, is the fact that you get to live and work at a national park and in my case I got to see Crater Lake outside the window every day.
Fun atmosphere for a temporary job
Food and Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Yellowstone National Park, WYDecember 4, 2017
Very fast paced, got to meet all kinds of people from around the world. I was able to learn a lot about scheduling and payroll on the computer. I managed a staff of fifty. The hardest part of the job was honestly being away from my home, but the funnest part was the experience of working in a National Park.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Xanterra Parks & Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.