Xanterra Parks & Resorts

Xanterra Parks & Resorts Employee Reviews

An incredible adventure.
Security and Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Yellowstone National Park, WYFebruary 19, 2017
I worked for Xanterra at Yellowstone, and basically got paid to go on a four month adventure. They offer food and housing and when you aren't on the clock you get to see some of the most beautiful places on the planet.
Great job unless youre a whiner
Bellman (Current Employee) –  Crater Lake National Park, ORFebruary 12, 2017
It's not meant to give you a living. It's a working vacation and an alternative living if you can maneuver it.
Great for gaining experience.
Keep in mind the environment can get political about global warming hoax.
If you treat it like a real job. You can become management. Then you want to get in good with other management so you can comeback.

People come there not expecting to work and get their feelings hurt quick
Pros
Guaranteed food and rent, being in national parks, can move up if you try
Cons
Whiners, long hours, when others call in you are shorthanded.
seasonal
PORTER, CANYON (Former Employee) –  Canyon Village, WYJanuary 28, 2017
a seasonal job working in yellowstone national park is a unique, once in a lifetime sort of opportunity. the only problem is that to get any days off to go camping i had to work everyday for weeks in a row.
Yellowstone Nat. Park
Accounts Receivables Manager (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, WYJanuary 25, 2017
Very lovely area far away from city life hussles and bussles. Great opportunities for advancement in may departments within. Warm and friendly people in and out of the park area. Not to much I can say bad about this experience I had with them. The only thing maybe to have more training classes for management and do more with recreation for employees.
NIce company
Assistant Personnel Manager (Former Employee) –  Yellowstone National Park, WYJanuary 24, 2017
Nice company to work for. Can be long hours, fun working with people from all over the world, sometimes difficult in working with seasonal employees. Management did a good job of encouraging promotions and advancement. Company tried to make the new employee experience a good one but may have overlooked the returning employees experience.
Pros
Meeting people from all over world
Cons
Dorm living, better wifi, more opportunity to enjoy parks
Adventures, exciting, and very busy
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Yellowstone National Park, WYJanuary 23, 2017
Serving thousands of people a day, spilling something on your shoes or apron was a daily thing. Some of the best people are you co-workers, but the hardest part was work every day morning until night and then waking up to do it all again.
Pros
Living in YellowStone National Park
Cons
Long Hours
great place to work, if you remain positive and/or come with someone
Fine Dining Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Death Valley, CAJanuary 16, 2017
I love working/living in Death Valley. The park is beautiful and I think I've lasted as long as I have because I am here with my boyfriend. Management is blah, but you are able to make lots of money & meet amazing people from all over the world.
Pros
hiking, meeting new people
Cons
living conditions, food, poor management
Cool experience, but not a great job
Kitchen Crew (Former Employee) –  Old FaithfulJanuary 16, 2017
A typical day at the Old Faithful Lodge was very hectic. Hundreds of thousands of people every day flooding in every hour as the Old Faithful geyser went off. I was always tired. It took a long time for schedules to be set and make sense. Managers were always busy and overworked. Communication wasn't great between employees and managers. Everyone was very friendly and fun to be around, but not super professional. Also, the employee food was basically high school cafeteria food. Not good. Not to mention the dorms are very poor. Showers lost heat a few times, only three showers to maybe 50 girls, three girls to a room, broken faucets. Also not good. The bright side of the job comes from being in the park. Taking your two days off to explore the park(I was in Yellowstone). Also there are employees and tourists who come from all around the world to work there and visit, so you have a chance to meet all sorts of new people and make plenty of friends. In my opinion, I would definitely go back to the park, but I doubt that I would work for Xanterra again.
Pros
Great environment(the park itself), great people
Cons
Long work hours, hectic/busy, employee food was sub-par, dorms were out of shape, etc.
It's ok
General Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Death Valley, CAJanuary 14, 2017
You live there, you work there. You meet great people but the job itself is meh at most. Some managers just don't respect you and the higher ups rarely care. But its still worth trying if your ready for a change.
Pros
housing
Cons
management
working for xanterra
EDR Crew, EDR Lead, and EDR Cook (Former Employee) –  WyomingDecember 28, 2016
Working for Xanterra was really fun and rewarding. I had a job that was both challenging and fun. I had a variety of tasks and had a nice group of fellow workers. There were some challenges (rain, snow, overtime, very busy times) but there were more rewards. For such a large company, Xanterra did a great job of taking care if their employees.

Want to know more about Xanterra Parks & Resorts?

Ask a question
Fun work and descent pay.
Camp Host (Former Employee) –  Yellowstone National Park, WYDecember 22, 2016
Working for Xanterra was really fun and rewarding. I had a job that was both challenging and fun. I had a variety of tasks and had a nice group of fellow workers. There were some challenges (rain, snow, overtime, very busy times) but there were more rewards (great co-workers, group dinners and bar-b-ques, day trips). For such a large company, Xanterra did a great job of taking care if their employees.
Pros
Hourly pay, getting to wake up in Yellowstone every day.
Cons
Short season.
It seasonal employment in the for 5or 6months in Yellowstone
Lead Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Yellowstone National Park, WYDecember 21, 2016
A beautiful National Park in Wyoning covering 2.2 million acres.. You can walk, ride, bike to work. the lodges in the villages all have restrauants or cafeiterias.
Pros
Free lunches, employee gym
Cons
long hours on feet, weak healthcare
An amazing experience
Assistant Dining Room Manager (Former Employee) –  Yellowstone National Park, WYDecember 15, 2016
Great place to be. Working and living in Yellowstone is an amazing experience. You'll meet a lot of great people, develop strong friendships, and have a great summer.
A nice place to work. Awesome employers and co employees
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Utah, USADecember 14, 2016
Working in xanterra is an awesome experience. Working with environment as they always say. All the people there are friendly and have respect to each other. Our employes loved us as much she owns us.
Same as previous review
Retail Sales cashier (Former Employee) –  Yellowstone National Park, WYDecember 7, 2016
Great place to work. Many locations available to you as well as many job descriptions.
Work hard and enjoy your work. They will make it a great place for you to work.
Pros
Great food and work facilities
Cons
Small dorm rooms.
Great place to learn cooking and great place to meetcnew people and cooks
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Yellowstone National Park, WYDecember 5, 2016
It was an amzaing experience for me and i loved every bit of it I recommend for people to go and fet to experience it for themselves anf an unforgettable place to be at
Some strong points and weaknesses
Food & Beverage Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Death Valley, CADecember 5, 2016
Xanterra has some positives and negatives. In most cases the upper management is great to work with and for. As with any large company there are to many rules and regulations. The company is quick to write up associates for the smallest of issues and will terminate as quick as possible. This makes it hard on management to run a consistent successful business. It also makes it hard for management to keep returning management and associates season after season.
Pros
Great Retail and upper management for the exception of a few
Cons
to many rules and procedures for a 4 month season.
Cookin for EDR
Cook 3 (Former Employee) –  Yellowstone National Park, WYDecember 4, 2016
Was a great experience the peoplenwere really nice and the new dorms were great. I wouod recommend tgis to anyone who is trying to get out and see the workd
Productive and fun work place
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Keystone, SDDecember 2, 2016
Very fun and productive workplace and friendly environment.
Free lunch and snack during break.
I love the environment and the nature surrounding my workplace.
Friendly co-workers.
Comfortable dorm that we stayed in.
Clean environment.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short break
Great benefits.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Death Valley, CANovember 29, 2016
Overall a good Company to work with. Great benefits in return for isolated living conditions. Currently undergoing renovations which spurs uncertainty.
Have developed a strong retail team here and have excelled in my position.
Pros
Near free private residence, free utilities and restaurant meals.
Cons
Inadequate communication both between departments and within departments.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Xanterra Parks & Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.