Xanterra Parks & Resorts

Xanterra Parks & Resorts Employee Reviews

Great place to learn cooking and great place to meetcnew people and cooks
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Yellowstone National Park, WYDecember 5, 2016
It was an amzaing experience for me and i loved every bit of it I recommend for people to go and fet to experience it for themselves anf an unforgettable place to be at
Some strong points and weaknesses
Food & Beverage Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Death Valley, CADecember 5, 2016
Xanterra has some positives and negatives. In most cases the upper management is great to work with and for. As with any large company there are to many rules and regulations. The company is quick to write up associates for the smallest of issues and will terminate as quick as possible. This makes it hard on management to run a consistent successful business. It also makes it hard for management to keep returning management and associates season after season.
Pros
Great Retail and upper management for the exception of a few
Cons
to many rules and procedures for a 4 month season.
Cookin for EDR
Cook 3 (Former Employee) –  Yellowstone National Park, WYDecember 4, 2016
Was a great experience the peoplenwere really nice and the new dorms were great. I wouod recommend tgis to anyone who is trying to get out and see the workd
Productive and fun work place
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Keystone, SDDecember 2, 2016
Very fun and productive workplace and friendly environment.
Free lunch and snack during break.
I love the environment and the nature surrounding my workplace.
Friendly co-workers.
Comfortable dorm that we stayed in.
Clean environment.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short break
Great benefits.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Death Valley, CANovember 29, 2016
Overall a good Company to work with. Great benefits in return for isolated living conditions. Currently undergoing renovations which spurs uncertainty.
Have developed a strong retail team here and have excelled in my position.
Pros
Near free private residence, free utilities and restaurant meals.
Cons
Inadequate communication both between departments and within departments.
Great place to work and see the sights!
Gift Shop Cashier/General Store Cashier (Former Employee) –  Crater Lake, ORNovember 14, 2016
Management is always able to accommodate to issues that arise, as well as providing housing and training opportunities. Wonderful place to work. Seasonal or full year.
Fun/excieting
Carpet Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Mammoth Hot Springs, WYNovember 5, 2016
My supervisor was wonderful and helpful, I got to learn a new skill while still enjoy the park. The work although laborious, was incredibly satisfying.
Pros
Living in a national park
Cons
seasonal work
rewarding work with a national park as a backyard.
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Yellowstone National Park, WYNovember 1, 2016
Teamwork a must to get through the season but rewarding in the end with tons of things to do on an employee's time off. A must to at least visit, if not work.
Pros
Caring fellow employees and various perks throughout the season.
Cons
Food provided could be better.
American Spirit
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Crater Lake, OR, 97604October 29, 2016
I was handling cash, able to make card transactions
Stocking, facind products on the shelves
Paper work, picking and packing
Calling to other stores for different items
Friendly coworkers, managers, supervisors
Pros
Overtime allowed
Super fun and comfortable workplace
Food Attendant and in Cashier (Former Employee) –  Keystone, SDOctober 24, 2016
In a typical day in my last position I fulfilled management tasks of opening and closing the facility. I also provided strong customer service. I greet customer and served food in their tables and clean their tables.

I learned to be independent because it is very far in my hometown, to be patient, to communicate, and it really boost my skills.

My co-workers are very friendly even though they come from different country/state but we treat each other as family.

My hardest part of the job is communicating to Chinese customers but it challenge me a lot that's why I keep myself in studying Chinese language by my Chinese and Taiwanese co-workers.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when we have a lot of customers. I enjoyed it very much. It wakes me up and it challenge my pressures in the job and it results for being focused on the job.
Its what you make of it
Dishwasher/Steward (Former Employee) –  Death Valley, CA 92328October 17, 2016
Not the easiest place to deal with. But it's all on the mindset that you have. Rent is cheap and you meet a lot of people. Majority of the people you work with are slackers. Can get understaffed at times. Managers are rarely available when needed.
Pros
Free breakfast and lunch. cheap rent
National Park Jobs are fun, but low paying and not great for careers
Recreation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Yellowstone National Park, WYOctober 14, 2016
I have mixed feelings about my time working for Xanterra in National parks. I feel like I learned a lot, and had some truly great experiences, but I feel like it has hindered me in my future job search.
not a great experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grand Canyon, AZOctober 10, 2016
working and living in any of the national parks is interesting, however Xanterra is not that great to work for. low salary, low housing quality, etc. I lived in a filthy dirty dorm facility that was not maintained or cleaned properly
great place with great people
Driver/ Parking Lot Security (Current Employee) –  Estes Park, COSeptember 29, 2016
Amazing place to work with great people . long days and a distant commute pays off with good times.
the views are amazing from the national park and its breathtaking to see so much wildlife and amazing nature.
Pros
cheap housing for employees
Cons
to many workers in employee housing
Slave Labor Camp
Chef de Cuisine (Former Employee) –  Gardiner, MTSeptember 28, 2016
Awful company to work for, I would avoid this at all costs if you are a serious Chef. Great for College kids who want to party and make no money. Cant beat the scenic beauty of Yellowstone and if your lucky to get a day off there is much exploration and fun things to do here. they should not charge for housing and food I do not agree with their pollcies.
Pros
living in Yellowstone
Cons
Working for Xanterra
A great place to work
Manager - Glacier Park, Grand Canyon South Rim (Current Employee) –  Montana, ArizonaSeptember 28, 2016
Company takes care of employees as internal guests
Great place to work if you like outdoor activities
Co-workers are very cooperative and helpful
Staff are willing to train and develop themselves
The most enjoyable part is to see guests happy and satisfied
The hardest part is to discipline, but has to be done
Great Place to Visit
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Death Valley, CASeptember 22, 2016
I had a very rewarding time there getting to meet people from all around the world and experience Death Valley from there eyes.
Pros
Great expericence
Cons
Under kept facilities
Great place to see beautiful areas of America
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Babb, MTSeptember 19, 2016
Everything is spelled out and delivered. Great place to see beautiful areas of America. Many perks and benefits to working at Glacier National Park.
Fun Location, Fun Job, Terrible Living Situation.
Residence Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Yellowstone National Park, WYSeptember 7, 2016
You get worked hard. Pay a lot for food and living in dorms that are not good even when your pay is not great. Not a place to escape your problems, it is a place to deal with and confront your problems. You have a lot of time to yourself to process all of them. But the location and the fact you can spend all of your off time in a National Park makes it worth it, at least it does for me.
Pros
Location, the people
Cons
Bad hours, Bad pay, Bad food.
worst company to work for
Sales Associated (Former Employee) –  Yellowstoen natinal ParkAugust 29, 2016
one of the worst companies i have worked for because they don't care about the employees well being. one day at work they was black mold and all they said spray it with bleech

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Xanterra Parks & Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.