XAP Corporation, the industry leader in developing and providing students and adults with the online tools to explore careers and explore, plan, and apply to colleges and universities, is seeking a part-time Market Research Analyst to join their Culver City team. The company pioneered the development of the electronic college application, the electronic transcript, and Internet-based student management systems enabling students to apply to college online.
The Position: Reporting to the Head of Sales, the professional in this position will gather market data and specific/individual data on markets and existing/potential customers. In this highly visible and critical role, the Market Research Analyst’s work will include researching various segments of the market and determining entry feasibility and recommendations; determining market size and revenue potential; mining various databases on customers and competition; collect and collate internal sales data in order to increase and maintain customer base.
The Responsibilities: Specific responsibilities in this role include:
- Collect and analyze data on customer demographics, preferences, needs, and buying habits to identify potential markets and factors affecting product demand.
- Prepare reports of findings, illustrating data graphically and translating complex findings into written text.
- Measure and assess customer and employer satisfaction.
- Forecast and track marketing and sales trends, analyzing collected data.
- Seek and provide information to help companies determine their position in the marketplace.
- Measure the effectiveness of marketing, advertising, and communications programs and strategies.
- Conduct research on consumer opinions and marketing strategies, collaborating with marketing professionals, statisticians, pollsters, and other professionals.
- Attend staff conferences to provide management with information and proposals concerning the promotion, distribution, design, and pricing of company products or services.
- Gather data on competitors and analyze their prices, sales, and method of marketing and distribution.
- Monitor industry statistics and follow trends in trade literature.
- Devise and evaluate methods and procedures for collecting data (such as surveys, opinions polls, or questionnaires), or arrange to obtain existing data.
- Develop and implement procedures for identifying advertising needs.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/Marketing or pursuant of Master’s in Business Administration/Marketing.
Experience: The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 2 years experience in market research experience in a corporate office setting, ideally with a deep understanding of the education industry. The following experience would also be beneficial:
- Exceptional interpersonal verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively present analyses to both internal and external clients.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience with analyzing and reporting marketing data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Demonstrated commitment to the accuracy and completeness of information.
- Must be highly organized and able to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work professionally under pressure with high stress threshold.
- Must possess the ability to respond quickly and efficiently to continually changing priorities.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, and working knowledge of statistical software.
Qualities and Attributes: The successful candidate will have exemplary people skills coupled with the savvy and maturity needed to garner the credibility of senior management. Additionally, this professional will be a self-starter who goes above and beyond the expected requirements of the role. He/she must be highly adept at building mutually beneficial relationships that result in value, benefit, and revenue growth for XAP.
Job Type: This is part-time non-exempt position.
The Company: XAP is the industry leading technology company that develops and provides students and adults with the online tools to explore careers and explore, plan and apply to colleges and universities. The company pioneered the development of the electronic college application, the electronic transcript, and Internet-based student management systems enabling students to apply to college online. XAP processes more than 4 million electronic college applications, and 1.5 million electronic transcripts annually making it the largest provider of these services in North America. XAP’s products are used by more than 900 colleges and universities and more than 8,000 middle and high schools in the United States and Canada and several other countries around the world.
To learn more about XAP Corporation, please visit our website at www.xap.com.
Indeed - 23 months ago