Xavier University of Louisiana

Xavier University of Louisiana Employer Reviews

Best school in New Orleans
Receptionist (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAMay 21, 2014
Pros: good workplace
Xavier University of La. has taught me a lot. I've not only worked here but have graduate for here as well. This school culture as for in the work related area is very good. They work with your schedule and you get to interact with different people from everywhere. It's a great way to network and build yourself up as a person.
Productive and very fun
Residence Hall Advisor (Former Employee), New Orleans, LANovember 18, 2013
Pros: meeting people from different cultures
Cons: not enough help
Dealing with students and any personal issues they may have in the dormitory. Also dealing with any problems with the building.
Teaching environment
Chem. Drill Instructor (Former Employee), New Orleans, LASeptember 23, 2013
It was great to be able to teach my peers because it helped reiterate important things that I leaned during the semester. Before each tutoring session I reviewed the course material even if I had taken the class in previous years. The hardest part of the job was learning different ways to teach the material because many students had different ways of – more... learning and understanding. – less
Love working and helping students
Senior Tutor and Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAAugust 28, 2013
Pros: hand on and network building
Cons: students rush in the lab before test
I enjoyed working as a tutor and teacher's assistant at Xavier. I still get to interact with individuals who tell me thank you I am the reason they graduated from college. It was an extremely gratifying job.
Stable working enviroment
Windows System Support Specialist (Former Employee), 1 Drexel Dr. New Orleans, LouisianaAugust 16, 2013
Well rounded, set of staff, and employees. Stsble workplace, with good benefits, and employee training.
Student worker
Laboratory Technician/ Research Assistant (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAJuly 9, 2013
Great job for student while completing degree. Research was fun
Productive workplace with alot of chemicals.
Lab Prep Assistant (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAJune 24, 2013
Pros: i learned things that could help me in school and everyday life
Cons: some of the chemicals were dangerous and sometimes i had to work on exam days
I went to class, ate dinner, and went to the lab for work. Sometimes students were in lab as I worked and sometimes they were not. Every now and then, my supervisor checked on me to make sure I was doing things correctly. The hardest thing about the job was having to make out new chemicals and doing those calculations. However, the most enjoyable part – more... of the job was making TLC Columns and pipettes. I learn about what certain chemicals were such as lacrimers, corrosive, mutagens, etc. – less
Productive workplace with exciting experiences
Staff Instructor (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAJune 22, 2013
Pros: teaching
Cons: micro-management
During a day at work, I was always excited for the new challenges of the day. Even though I knew the day was going to be long and arduous, I was constantly thankful for my employment. Knowing that I would offer and teach new lessons and have various experiences made me overwhelmingly happy to have this position.

For a staff full of qualified and opinionated – more... workers, I learned that being fearless was a trait that I needed to possess in order to function in high paced workplaces. I respected my co-workers and loved that they challenged me to be better as a tutor and teacher.

Management was easy for me to follow. For the times that I was in a managing position, my co-workers and student tutors respected me. I always tried to be diplomatic and fair.

Still, the hardest part of the job was ensuring that I was doing the best to support the students. For me, the most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I was giving something to those who wanted to learn. It was my passion. It was my everything. Still is. – less
Fun workplace
Lab technician (Former Employee), New OrleansMay 30, 2013
I enjoyed this job because i was able to utilize what i was learning in my classes as hand on experience.
good
Math Intern, Mathematics Department (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAApril 23, 2013
good in school
good tutor??????????????????????????
helped develop peers
Fun place to work with good benefits
Office Manager (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAFebruary 4, 2013
Pros: free tuition
Cons: paying for lunch on site
I learned to patience when interacting with the students and upset clients. My co-workers were great to work with.
productive
Work Study Student (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAJanuary 11, 2013
Work study allowed me to balance my school work in terms of studying for test with my work schedule. Also management was very understanding with the schedule and understood as students we needed time to take care of the testa and projects that we were assigned.
Culturally rich, family-oriented, productive work environment
Employee Development Manager (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAJanuary 5, 2013
Pros: investment into workforce and overall goal accomplishment
Family-oriented environment made going into work seem easy and stress-free. With goals established by our supervisor each person was free to complete the established task with reports being submitted throughout the progress of the task. I learned everything to shape my corporate sense at this job. I learned how to be a leader, I learned how to adapt – more... in the event of unforeseen circumstances. I learned how to rebuild after a catastrophe. The team approach was taken to ensure an open-door approach on every project where respect of each individual was given careful consideration before any criticism was offered. The hardest part of the job was everything; meeting deadlines, operating with limited resources, accomplishing goals that would serve various consumers, and the list goes on! The most enjoyable part of the job was the sense of accomplishment I gained once every project was completed and seeing the usefulness of the work which was done. – less
Great experience, extremely organized.
Assistant Event Coordinator (Current Employee), New Orleans, LADecember 1, 2012
Review future and current events, contact event heads, and set up and maintain events.
A typical small private university
Instructor (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAOctober 30, 2012
Pros: work mostly on your own schedule like most other schools
Cons: it is a tempory job
It is a school that helps students with diverse background. The people really care about what they do and how they do it to help out students.
Nepotism
Employee (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAJuly 20, 2012
The Company is full of nepotism so your opportunity for growth is slim.
The satisfaction of helping students understand and learn efficient
Tutorer (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAApril 22, 2012
A typical day at work consist of helping studying with chemistry and showing concepts of how to succeed