Xavier University of Louisiana Employee Reviews

Questionnaire
Technical Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 21, 2017
No Review needed. Questionnaire explains it all. This work environment is very stressful. The directors and management level don't know a thing and getting paid all this money for doing nothing
Work-Study viewpoint
Admissions Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 25, 2017
It was work-study. There was a lot of freedom to do my course work when there was nothing available for me to do. All the staff and faculty were very understanding.
Fun and educational
MathStar Groupleader (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 29, 2017
It was very close knit. Coworkers became like a family. Working was a learning experience, everyday was different and fun. I worked with everyone from supervisors to children.
Productive work environment
Library Clerk (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 16, 2017
Most days in the library are slow so you have time to work on other things. The stafe and students are quiet friendly and if you need assistance everyone is more than willing to help.
The students at Xavier are amazing and worth all of your efforts and hard work
Employee (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 9, 2017
Love my Alma mater! The students at Xavier are amazing and worth all of your efforts and hard work. The students are so focused and ready to learn it truly is a great experience. You can get drawn into the culture of the university and feel like you are part of something so much bigger than yourself.
Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 29, 2017
I loved working for Xavier University. I've held two positions with this University. This position was temporary and didn't last too long. However, I would recommend working for this company.
working in the loan collection office
Work Study Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 19, 2017
This job was easy, slow-paced, and not stressful. I typical day included me making copies of letters, folding letters, and filing letters. The workplace was quiet and relaxing which makes it easy to focus on tasks.
Pros
free snacks and breaks
Enjoyable
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 28, 2017
Worked here as work study but was actually attending school it was ok very friendly staff and willing to assist, management willing to assist at all times
Volunteer preceptor
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 6, 2017
I have been precepting students for over 20 years. Xavier has made many improvement over the years. The school is easy to work with. The students are more difficult than most. I enjoy the challenges.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Lots of work, no pay
Student Work Study Job
Student Worker/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 17, 2017
It was great, I could work and study at the same time most days. The work was not strenuous and the people were very nice. They had no choice but to work around my school schedule nut they understood outside circumstances.

Want to know more about Xavier University of Louisiana?

Ask a question
Great institution
Executive Assistant (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 1, 2016
Happy to be employed here! Wonderful place to work and receive education. Experience has been all good and recommend others to work here if given opportunity.
An excellent chance to teach and help others
Lead Math Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 16, 2016
This position helped me to figure out what I want to do in life. I was employed through my previous university and I learned that after helping people to learn I found my purpose.
great experience
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 25, 2016
This job worked well with my class schedule. I learned multiple skills and also got the opportunity to work payroll. Staff was friendly and helpful.
Work study
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 20, 2016
It was a college work study job that allowed me to get some bookkeeping and filing practices under my belt. Everything was good and learn some valuable lesson.
Great Organization
RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  New OrleansAugust 9, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management and staff. Excellent work environment not all about numbers but how you personally grow and develop.
Productive workplace
Assistant Men's Basketball Coach (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 2, 2015
Diverse culture for educators. Fulfilling experience for upcoming leaders. This experience was enjoyable. I gained a everlasting experience that will prepared me for any approaching job endeavor.
Most awesome tutoring job I've ever had
Organic Chemistry Tutor (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 23, 2015
I think being a tutor is one of the most fun jobs overall, but I think it goes double for Xavier! I am currently an Organic Chemistry tutor at Xavier and I love every moment of it. Everyone whom I with is so supportive and willing to work with me that I cannot just explain in words how happy and thankful I am to work with my team.
Very interesting and loving place to work.
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 9, 2015
A typical day begins with clocking in around 9, seeing what has to be done around the office and answering the phone when it rings. I learned how to properly use a fax machine and I also learned how much I love working with other people.There isn't a hard part of the job and I enjoy everything about it.
Pros
Meet new people everyday, Loving place to work.
Manageable
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LaNovember 8, 2014
My work-study experience was very manageable; my hours worked well with my class schedule. I learned how to answer calls/take messages, sort and fill important records, and help other customers and/or students. My co-workers were helpful and other times I would help them.
Pros
On-Campus
Cons
N/a
Challenging and Interesting Workspace.
Office Worker (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 17, 2014
Employment here had a great bit of Administrative exposure to offer. Also the heavy workload taught me to time manage better and work efficiently in a small time allotment. I enjoyed working on major projects both independently and as a part of a team.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Personable Staff
Cons
Heavy Workload, Short Deadlines