Xavier University of Louisiana Employee Reviews

An excellent chance to teach and help others
Lead Math Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 16, 2016
This position helped me to figure out what I want to do in life. I was employed through my previous university and I learned that after helping people to learn I found my purpose.
great experience
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 25, 2016
This job worked well with my class schedule. I learned multiple skills and also got the opportunity to work payroll. Staff was friendly and helpful.
Work study
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 20, 2016
It was a college work study job that allowed me to get some bookkeeping and filing practices under my belt. Everything was good and learn some valuable lesson.
Great Organization
RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  New OrleansAugust 9, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management and staff. Excellent work environment not all about numbers but how you personally grow and develop.
Productive workplace
Assistant Men's Basketball Coach (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 2, 2015
Diverse culture for educators. Fulfilling experience for upcoming leaders. This experience was enjoyable. I gained a everlasting experience that will prepared me for any approaching job endeavor.
Most awesome tutoring job I've ever had
Organic Chemistry Tutor (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 23, 2015
I think being a tutor is one of the most fun jobs overall, but I think it goes double for Xavier! I am currently an Organic Chemistry tutor at Xavier and I love every moment of it. Everyone whom I with is so supportive and willing to work with me that I cannot just explain in words how happy and thankful I am to work with my team.
Very interesting and loving place to work.
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 9, 2015
A typical day begins with clocking in around 9, seeing what has to be done around the office and answering the phone when it rings. I learned how to properly use a fax machine and I also learned how much I love working with other people.There isn't a hard part of the job and I enjoy everything about it.
Pros
meet new people everyday, loving place to work.
Manageable
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LaNovember 8, 2014
My work-study experience was very manageable; my hours worked well with my class schedule. I learned how to answer calls/take messages, sort and fill important records, and help other customers and/or students. My co-workers were helpful and other times I would help them.
Pros
on-campus
Cons
n/a
Challenging and Interesting Workspace.
Office Worker (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 17, 2014
Employment here had a great bit of Administrative exposure to offer. Also the heavy workload taught me to time manage better and work efficiently in a small time allotment. I enjoyed working on major projects both independently and as a part of a team.
Pros
flexible schedule, personable staff
Cons
heavy workload, short deadlines
Best school in New Orleans
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 21, 2014
Xavier University of La. has taught me a lot. I've not only worked here but have graduate for here as well. This school culture as for in the work related area is very good. They work with your schedule and you get to interact with different people from everywhere. It's a great way to network and build yourself up as a person.
Pros
good workplace

Want to know more about Xavier University of Louisiana?

Ask a question
Productive and very fun
Residence Hall Advisor (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 18, 2013
Dealing with students and any personal issues they may have in the dormitory. Also dealing with any problems with the building.
Pros
meeting people from different cultures
Cons
not enough help
Teaching environment
Chem. Drill Instructor (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 23, 2013
It was great to be able to teach my peers because it helped reiterate important things that I leaned during the semester. Before each tutoring session I reviewed the course material even if I had taken the class in previous years. The hardest part of the job was learning different ways to teach the material because many students had different ways of learning and understanding.
Love working and helping students
Senior Tutor and Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 28, 2013
I enjoyed working as a tutor and teacher's assistant at Xavier. I still get to interact with individuals who tell me thank you I am the reason they graduated from college. It was an extremely gratifying job.
Pros
hand on and network building
Cons
students rush in the lab before test
Stable working enviroment
Windows System Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  1 Drexel Dr. New Orleans, LouisianaAugust 16, 2013
Well rounded, set of staff, and employees. Stsble workplace, with good benefits, and employee training.
Student worker
Laboratory Technician/ Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 9, 2013
Great job for student while completing degree. Research was fun
Productive workplace with alot of chemicals.
Lab Prep Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 24, 2013
I went to class, ate dinner, and went to the lab for work. Sometimes students were in lab as I worked and sometimes they were not. Every now and then, my supervisor checked on me to make sure I was doing things correctly. The hardest thing about the job was having to make out new chemicals and doing those calculations. However, the most enjoyable part of the job was making TLC Columns and pipettes. I learn about what certain chemicals were such as lacrimers, corrosive, mutagens, etc.
Pros
i learned things that could help me in school and everyday life
Cons
some of the chemicals were dangerous and sometimes i had to work on exam days
Productive workplace with exciting experiences
Staff Instructor (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 22, 2013
During a day at work, I was always excited for the new challenges of the day. Even though I knew the day was going to be long and arduous, I was constantly thankful for my employment. Knowing that I would offer and teach new lessons and have various experiences made me overwhelmingly happy to have this position.

For a staff full of qualified and opinionated workers, I learned that being fearless was a trait that I needed to possess in order to function in high paced workplaces. I respected my co-workers and loved that they challenged me to be better as a tutor and teacher.

Management was easy for me to follow. For the times that I was in a managing position, my co-workers and student tutors respected me. I always tried to be diplomatic and fair.

Still, the hardest part of the job was ensuring that I was doing the best to support the students. For me, the most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I was giving something to those who wanted to learn. It was my passion. It was my everything. Still is.
Pros
teaching
Cons
micro-management
Fun workplace
Lab technician (Former Employee) –  New OrleansMay 30, 2013
I enjoyed this job because i was able to utilize what i was learning in my classes as hand on experience.
good
Math Intern, Mathematics Department (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 23, 2013
good in school
good tutor??????????????????????????
helped develop peers
Fun place to work with good benefits
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 4, 2013
I learned to patience when interacting with the students and upset clients. My co-workers were great to work with.
Pros
free tuition
Cons
paying for lunch on site

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Xavier University of Louisiana. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4