Xavier University Employee Reviews

Better Customer Service Needed!
IT Application Integration Architect (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 17, 2017
Overall, the employees are good people and wish to help the students as much as possible. In many cases, a vast majority go over and beyond the call of duty to provide the best possible service they can. Unfortunately, these same people speak negatively about their co-workers, the state of policy & procedure with great authority and less facts. When this happens, it is general in the presence of customers (students & parents) who are eager to spread the negative information to others.
Pros
Opportunity to advance
Cons
Lack of ongoing employee professional training at all levels
look at how profesional works
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 8, 2017
It was an interesting as I looked into what type of work professional do. Very rewarding opportunity. I was able to see how I will fit into my professional field.
Pros
works within my schedule
Cons
short term assignment
Great time
Floor Director (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 26, 2017
As a student at Xavier, the opportunity to work there as well was great. I got to help with the production of many events, and felt like I made serious contributions to the events.
Great job for students
Graphic Design Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 23, 2017
I worked as part of the work-study program in the Graphics and Communications Department. As a communications major, I was exposed to desktop publishing and the printing business. Our team was led by a fantastically creative and caring individual who taught me a tremendous amount about business.
Pros
Great place to learn
Cons
Pay is low but worth the experience
Great university to learn and work
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 16, 2017
Xavier maintains high standards and exhibits a pattern of excellence by hiring competent and passionate staff members.They continually promote the servant leader philosophy and builds programs and teams that reflect this.
Pros
Locations
Wonderful Institution
Student Researcher and Work Study (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 8, 2017
If it weren't for Xavier I would not be who and where I am today. Xavier is a prestigious university that holds students accountable for maintaining a standard of excellence. Xavier has a balance of an academic and social environment. Xavier is located in one of the most cultural places in the United States of America which is New Orleans. Xavier provides many resources for students who are having a difficult time in the classroom. Xavier also had the longest standing President at a university which Norman C Francis. Now that he is retired, he left Xavier in good hands that President Verrett will take Xavier to the next level as if Norman C Francis was still there.
Pros
Academic environment
Cons
Fun and serious at the same time
Ticket Office Intern (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 16, 2016
Our boss was always on top of things in terms of getting the work done, but always made sure we were all loose and had fun in the process.
Quiet place to do your work
Financial Aid Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 1, 2016
I enjoy working here. There is sometimes a negative attitude or vibe in the office because of under staffing issues, but overall would recommend people (student workers) to work there.
Pros
Free time
Cons
Understaffed
fun working wit customers
Front of House Staff (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 13, 2016
I will come to work and set up the beverages to make sure the students had everything they need to drink or help co works with preparing the food.
Nice place to work on Campus
Secretary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 12, 2016
If you're looking for an on campus job that will work with your schedule this is a great place to work. The people are friendly. It is easy to learn. You are able to get some homework done while on the job. It gives a chance to meet new people.
Wellness coordinator
Health and Wellness Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 25, 2016
My manager practiced micromanagement and did trust anyone. The pay was very unfair. It became impossible to do the job because I critized in a negative fashion everyday.
Easy job for students
Library Clerk (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 19, 2016
• Assisting the manager of Xavier University’s Serial Dept. in the university library
• Retrieving the mail for the Serial Dept
• Organizing the mail received
• Stocking the university library shelves
• Upkeep of the shelves throughout the library
Had a great experience at Xavier, studied abroad, and gained a wealth of knowledge
Student (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 21, 2016
Everything about this school was fulfilling and the best experience of my life. Studying abroad gave me a whole new perspective on life and I'll always be grateful that I attended Xavier
Good environment/low pay
Assistant Director, Experiential Education (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 16, 2016
Xavier is a great university with people who care about their jobs and put the students best interest in mind. Good benefit, especially tuition reimbursement. Salary is very poor across the board.
It was an extremely exciting environment with challenges that utilized my ability to handle any situation with poise, positivity and productiveness
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 26, 2016
Because of the diversity of the positions I held there was never a typical day. There were many challenges that I faced head on and forged ahead successfully.
The most enjoyable part of this career was helping students with any and all issues they faced. It gave me such joy to see the happiness on their faces when I was able to resolve their concerns.
I learned that the job is never about me, it is always about whatever could be done to merge faculty, parents, students and other departments resulting in positive outcomes.
Pros
Myself and my sons received wonderful educations.
Cons
None come to mind
fun atmospher on a beautiful campus
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 4, 2016
The campus is beautiful and filled with energy. My position was temporary but I loved getting up and going to work in the morning.
Great University for its size. Wonderful newer campus upgrades
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 5, 2016
Students like all the updates that Xavier has done to the campus. The Xavier men's basketball rank near the top of the nation. This promotes the wonder of greatness in a smaller university...
Pros
Close knit school with faculty and staff
Cons
The local press spend too much time on UC, Reduculous...
Productive Workplace
Louisiana Registrar Office Work Study (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 26, 2016
I enjoyed working in the office and interacting with the clients. There were no hard parts about my job. The most enjoyable part about my job was successfully helping a client with a task.
First Job in USA
Alternate Text Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 24, 2016
This is my on campus job, which happen to be first ever job in USA. I work as alternate Text Coordinator. i am loving it....
Cafe
Cafeteria Associate (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 25, 2015
Just a normal job , I got to be very interactive with my fellow students which was interesting. I learned to keep my work area clean and organized. Making the food and not being able to eat it. When on break I was finally able to eat all of the food
Pros
free admission into water park
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Xavier University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4