Xavier University Employee Reviews in United States

Productive Workplace
Louisiana Registrar Office Work Study (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 26, 2016
I enjoyed working in the office and interacting with the clients. There were no hard parts about my job. The most enjoyable part about my job was successfully helping a client with a task.
First Job in USA
Alternate Text Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 24, 2016
This is my on campus job, which happen to be first ever job in USA. I work as alternate Text Coordinator. i am loving it....
Cafe
Cafeteria Associate (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 25, 2015
Just a normal job , I got to be very interactive with my fellow students which was interesting. I learned to keep my work area clean and organized. Making the food and not being able to eat it. When on break I was finally able to eat all of the food
Pros
free admission into water park
Cons
Xavier is a great job for a student
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 27, 2015
Xavier was a great seasonal job to work for until I found full time employement. I feel that it would have been better for a student who really doesn't have to many expenses.
Pros
Pros were i was able to work independently
Cons
The Cons was the pay rate.
short review
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 5, 2015
a good place to work with lots chance for international students. Finding a friendly environment with helps from colleagues.
great place to work
Office Manager/ Student Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, INMay 4, 2015
make sure the police officers have all the tools they need, answer phone calls, write traffic tickets, and make sure the students are doing their jobs properly.
Pros
flexible hours, works with school great, good co-workers
Cons
nothing
Knowledge is needed
Gallagher Student Center Front Desk (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 28, 2015
I help people at the welcome desk by giving them laptops, directions, and providing them with information on events. It requires a lot of multitasking and patience. There are some strange things that happens sometimes but it is overall a good place to work.
Pros
lots of goodies at the desk
Cons
crazy questions
A great place to work
Regional Director for Development (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 24, 2015
I spent a lot of time traveling meet alums on the West Coast. I spend a week in the office making appointments and the following week I was on the road meeting with alums. The travel is what eventually made me look for another job. I enjoyed spending time with alums and the impact I made on the university when I secured a gift.
Finance Internship
FOUNDER OF BLUE BLOB CLEANERS (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 16, 2015
• Research policies and best practices in order to take advantage of the economic and growth opportunity the state of Florida offers to local producers through tax credits.
• Maximized company tax returns by gathering necessary documents and created budgets required for state program through direct contact with Univision vendors and employees to construct and submit state certified applications.
Fun and enlightening experience
Community Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 29, 2014
This was a federal work study experience that allowed me to leave the campus of Xavier to assist a school in the surrounding area. I assisted teachers and students to achieve excellence.
Excellent work place, not much advancement
Web & Graphic Design Assistant (Former Employee) –  CincinnatiMay 18, 2014
Working at Xavier University was a truly enjoyable each and every day. This was probably the most fulfilling work I have performed in my career as I and the end user were both quite satisfied with work performed. Although there is not much advancement or lateral movement, there is a trade off with the friendly environment and culture.
Pros
environment, work load, co-workers and managers
Cons
compensation, advancement
Jesuit School
Secondary Teacher (Former Employee) –  Cagayan de Oro, P10May 6, 2014
This is a catholic school run by the Jesuits. I taught English grammar with high school all boys, do outdoor activities like tree planting, tutorials in the remote area, and visiting charitable institutions.
Pros
free outings, seminars, and trainings. with healhcare
Excellent but...
Web Developer (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 13, 2014
An excellent employer, Xavier University offers generous benefits. For me, vacation benefits go above anything else, and after 5 years I am able to take off nearly four weeks for travel. Compensation is one concern at Xavier - given that raises have been on hold for several years, much less cost of living increases. In addition, much of our communications and marketing team have been gutted, with over 30% of our department being eliminated due to budgetary concerns. There is also little room for advancement - most position changes are lateral.
Pros
discounted meals at the amazing cafeteria
Cons
compensation, position movement
Fun Work Place
Faculty and staff (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 5, 2013
Enjoy working with all the students, helping them with any PC problem.
Loved the job not the managment
Hall Director (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 5, 2013
The work was great and enjoyable. The management ruled by holding things over you instead of helping you grow they held you under their thumb and didn't build into you.
Xavier University is an historical African-American university.
Assistant Professor of Chemistry (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 31, 2013
Xavier University is an historical African-American university with a good chemistry department.
Great place
ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR (contractual) (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 7, 2013
I love Xavier
Dont know much about managment
Co-workers are great
I love working at XU
Pros
graet place to work
Working in the mass communicaitons office at Xavier University.
Secretary (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 12, 2013
A typical day at the mass communications office included filing, greeting customers, sorting mail, and setting up the conference room for meetings. I learned about clerical tasks and I developed a closer relationship with the professors and the chairman of the department. I had one co worker. We helped eachother on small assignments. The job was not hard at all. The most enjoyable part of the job was the flexibility. I was able to go to class, do my school work, and work for extra money.
Pros
free food, networking opportunities
Cons
no challenges, routine
Great Fun place to work
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  3963 Pine St New Orleans La 70126September 9, 2013
I love working with young people , I feel I the work I do creates a healthy , positive ,learning , enviroment for our youth to be the best they can be in life
Pros
great enviroment
Cons
dont have any
Fun and rewarding place to work
Senior Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 15, 2013
One of the key philosophies of the university is Cura Personalis, or care for the whole person. This is mainly to be aimed at students meaning that they are cared for body, mind and soul, but it's also applied to the professional staff. It is a friendly and comfortable environment to work in with many people working there for decades.

The management is slightly in a personality transition and I can't quite say where it's going. There seems to be a conflict between promoting the revenue generating areas of Athletics and the Business College (both fairly competitive areas) and the more egalitarian Jesuit philosophies.

It is a very collaborative and team oriented culture and the marketing area actively works with various client offices to give the best quality service.
Pros
several paid holidays, tuition remission, great 401k match
Cons
pays below market for design positions, bad policy regarding birth control and health insurance

4.4