Xccent, Inc. is a privately-owned company specializing in the design and manufacturing of products in Commercial Outdoor Recreation, Commercial Marina Surfacing, and Medical/Industrial components. In Commercial Outdoor Recreation, we manufacture Outdoor Playground Equipment, Outdoor Fitness Equipment, and Outdoor Site Furnishings and distribute our products throughout the world through our dealer distribution network. In our Medical/Industrial Division, we have the capacity and infrastructure to support a variety of applications for global customers in diverse markets. For more information, please visit our website: www.xccent.biz
JOB ROLE: To supervise shipping and warehouse operations, provide guidelines for shipping costs, ensure on-time delivery and accuracy of customer shipments and inventory control.
1. Coordinate with production on availability of parts and customer delivery dates. 2. Ensure all shipments are packaged and loaded properly and arrive in good condition.
3. Set up packaging instructions for all parts, including how parts are palletized, boxed, banded and wrapped.
4. Coordinate with Customer Service and customers, at times, on shipping specifications/needs, including negotiating third party shipping alternatives.
5. Plan and schedule freight carriers for pick-up and some deliveries.
6. Receive, confirm and record all shipment.
7. Supervise Material Handlers, conduct performance reviews, disciplinary actions and training.
8. Investigate and pursue freight claims with the assistance of the Quality Manager.
9. Continuously study the effectiveness of the shipping department to improve operations. 10. Ensure that safe procedures are used within assigned area. Report and correct all safety problems and ensure cleanliness of working environment.
1. Train shipping personnel both job functions and quality procedures
2. Ensure shipping personnel know the Quality Policy
3. Audit processes for compliance and capability
4. Audit finished goods for part identification.
5. Participate in audits and corrective actions
6. Ensure shipping records are stored in a manner to preserve them for the time period specified
1. A minimum of 5 yrs experience in shipping & receiving within the US and internationally.
2. A minimum of 3 yrs of supervisory experience.
3. Proven ability to process all paperwork associated with freight.
4. Ability to utilize computers, shipping software and system software.
5. Ability to lift 75 pounds and pass Xccent physical and drug screening.
6. Ability to be Xccent certified as a forklift operator
7. Must exhibit positive behaviors in all parts of the job requirements.