Xcel Energy

Xcel Energy Employee Reviews

strong company, rather dry workplace, not too much interaction between employees
Nuclear Intern - Design (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJuly 24, 2015
Pros: good salary, good benefits, better job security
Cons: long hours, dry place to work, not enough talking
The work is mostly paperwork as the company is the provider of energy and does little to no innovation. Employees do not interact as much as they should to stay happy and connected. Not a teamwork culture. People mostly work on their own. Long hours.
Job requirements were focused on the operations of an RDF power plant
Regional Operations Support Specialist (Former Employee), Mankato, MNJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Competitive salaries and benefits
Worked closely with union employees and benefits.
Provided environmental reports
Issued work orders for plant cleaning/outages
Procured materials for general plant operations and outages
Created and maintain budgets/reports for corporate
Productive and fun work place
credit and collections csr (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Great hours
Cons: attendance policy
Productive and fun work place. Great people to work with. amazing learning experience and training Made close friends during employment.
I really enjoyed working here.
Supply Chain Specialist (Former Employee), Henderson, COJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Supervisor would always surprise us with goodies
Cons: Some people were cranky all the time.
I really enjoyed working here.
Some days I would learn far more that I wanted too.
On the hotline you need to know a whole lot of everything, and if you didn't know it you had to find out where to get the answers. A lot of detective work, a lot of filing and dealing with banks and credit card companies.
The hardest part of my job was when I would run into a dead end and could find the answers.
The most enjoyable part of my job were the team members I worked with.
Had good retirement benefits and I liked what I did
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXJuly 5, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedules and atmosphere was nice.
Cons: Healthcare was not very good.
I enjoyed the work I did and the retirement package was more than decent. Their focus was on providing excellent customer service.
Smart group of Employees
Regulatory Policy and Strategy Analyst (Current Employee), Denver, COJuly 1, 2015
Employees are extremely smart and knowledgeable with respect to their jobs and particularly in terms of the technical details. However employees are quite homogenous and there is little diversity.
Great Place
Representative, Disability Solutions (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNJune 30, 2015
Great place to work, the people there all genuinely care about their co-workers and the work that they are doing. I also love what I do but will be without a position at the beginning of 2016 due to a reorganization.
Positive work environment.
Transmission Project Manager (Current Employee), Denver, COJune 16, 2015
Management is very proactive with regards to safety and work/life balance. flexible work hours are readily available. free fitness center memvership. Only drawback is having to pay to park which is quite expensive.
Xcel Energy is a great company. However, it still has a ways to go in supporting veterans and citizen Soldiers
Accounting Analyst II (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNJune 11, 2015
Pros: Job Security, Benefits
Cons: I have had many issues with my military service and work.
I have worked for Xcel Energy for 9 years. This is a great company to work for in many ways. During that time I have served two tours of duty and been a citizen Soldier for my entire time I have worked here. There is a long list of things that I have encountered as a citizen Soldier while working here that I do not wish to discuss publicly. Like many companies, they truly do not understand the meaning of supporting a veteran. This does not mean that I think this is a bad company.
Productive place that challenges you as an engineer
Distribution Engineer, DER (Current Employee), Edina, MNJune 2, 2015
The work at Xcel puts the engineering training one learnt at school to good use. Your problem solving is put to good use. Xcel energy is a great place to work. I enjoy working across many departments and the nature of the work. Getting to work with different departments to solve problems about distributed energy resources.
Excellent training program for apprentices
Electric meter technician (Current Employee), Grand Junction, COMay 8, 2015
Xcel Energy is a great company to work for. I have been very satisfied in my work. Management is always willing to make the time for refresher courses or continuing education.
Solid job, not much else
Team Leader (Current Employee), Henderson, COMay 3, 2015
Pros: easy, outside work, fun coworkers
Cons: bad new management
While this job is really easy, there isn't much room for advancement. No raises, as the new boss doesn't believe in performance based raises, so there isn't a reason to do more than the daily quota since working hard won't get you results. As for moving up, that's only possible if someone above leaves to another job or another position.
Good compensations, overworked managers
Analyst (Current Employee), Denver, COApril 23, 2015
Pros: Good salary, good location, good bennies
Cons: Shifting priorities, extremely slow to change (Office 2007 was just installed last year)
Xcel is a stable company, and your career can flourish. But, it will be up to you to find the opportunities and craft your way forward. (That's not a bad thing!)

Managers are overworked and have many executives changing the priorities for the people they manage. Day-to-day work can't be planned or scheduled effectively.
A good place to work if you do not plan on going back to college.
Call Center Associate (Former Employee), Amarillo, TxApril 21, 2015
A typical day at work would best be described as very productive. Friendly co-workers. The hardest part was dealing with customers screaming at me.
Worst job I ever had
Control Specialist (Current Employee), Aurora, COApril 15, 2015
Management totaly disengaged and unaware of plant status.
Employees never think out of the box.
Money wasted is in the Millions.
No standards.
Fair and knowledable management and enjoable co-workers
GIS Data Integrity Analyst (Former Employee), Denver, COMarch 17, 2015
The day usually started gathering numbers and data for as close to real time accuracy as possible. Fires were put out as they arose to be sure the database reflected any issues broken at the time as well as resolved. I had a better understanding of networks, database, Microsoft office and 3rd party software relative and used by Xcel. management was fair and pleasant to work for and be involved with. One of the main difficulties in the job was figuring out how to remedy an aspect of involved data if incorrect. The satisfaction of resolving an issue and my co-workers were most enjoyable.
Calm atmosphere
DISTRIBUTION DESIGN ENGINEER INTERN (Current Employee), Amarillo, TxMarch 12, 2015
Easy paced job with much learning potential. Family type atmosphere with plenty of extra perks to go along with salary. Good benefits as well.
Friendly and easy going
Commercial & Residential Rebate Specialist (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNMarch 4, 2015
I've been working for this company more than 6 years now; so far like it as the people are very friendly and easy going.

Management is very flexible, coworkers are friendly and easy to deal with.

I can not remember any hardest part of the job but mostly enjoy my day being there. Feel happy when meet the deadline.

I'm working with Salesforce.com, CRS and MS Office for data entry purpose.
Excellent pay
Journeyman Electrical Power Plant Mechanic/Welder (Current Employee), Hobbs, NMMarch 3, 2015
Not a bad place to work excellent pay great benfits bad location, there is room for advancement within the company. They provide great training and are committed to safety.
Good Company with Stable job and sector
Project Manager (Current Employee), Amarillo, TXFebruary 28, 2015
Good place to work, good experienced people, solid business. Certain aspects of job functions could be better organized and more efficient.

1 2 3 4 5

About Xcel Energy

Xcel Energy has accelerated its energy engine in utility markets across the US. The utility holding company distributes electricity – Read more

Xcel Energy Salaries