Xcel Energy

Xcel Energy Employer Reviews

No longer in business
Intern (Former Employee), Earth, TXOctober 5, 2014
This company is no longer in business. This is a good thing. I later learned this company was involved with several tax evasions etc. The system was corrupt and the doors were closed. The employees old and present at time of the doors closing really had no idea.
The plant is currently having some problems
Control Room Supervisor (Current Employee), Monticello, MNOctober 1, 2014
The plant has had a bad run of luck in the last couple of years and the senior management seems to be having trouble turning the trend around. The management that got the plant into its current pickle have been promoted and that has resulted in some problems with moral.
A great place to work
Skip Tracer / Account Specialist (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXSeptember 30, 2014
I enjoyed my position with this company, researching and tracking really became one of my favorite things to do.
Great enviroment
Customer Care Representative, Associate I (Current Employee), Eau Claire, WISeptember 13, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: harsh customers
Debt sales in a competitive environment. I learned how to work several different computer systems.
Productive place to work at.
Electrical Engineer (Current Employee), Keenesburg, COSeptember 8, 2014
My review to Xcel Energy would be excelent. I enjoy working for them.
Highly dependable detailed oriented individual with excellent administrative, record management/data entry and customer services skills
Customer Contact Center Associate (Current Employee), Eau Claire, WISeptember 3, 2014
• Strong commitment and dedication to customer service and relationship building
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to effectively and efficiently multi-task, meet deadlines, and assume responsibility
• Proven ability to identify, evaluate, and resolve complex problems and resolve disputes
Productive work Environment 24/7
Supervisor I, Field Operations (Former Employee), Denver, COSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: working with municipal autorities
Cons: 16 hour days, worked weekends and on call.
Manage daily work plans, assign and direct Field Operations employees in the utility new construction, operations, and maintenance of gas and electric work by installing underground and overhead wire, single-phase and three-phase cable, transformers, switch cabinets as well as install street lighting for commercial and residential areas or cities. Ensure – more... projects are safety compliant, meet all OSHA standards, work completed on time and within budget, and restoration efforts meet or exceed original conditions. Secure occupancy permits and approved plan and profile and submit to city municipalities. BMP’s, and storm water inspection. Manage O&M/Capital budgets and payroll. On call (24hr) emergency cable fault repair.
Replaced aging and failing street lights with newer energy efficient lights.
Streamlined and revised existing bid processes.
Replaced cable in Greenwood Village. Recommended alternative placement that saved the city $175K in sidewalk restoration.
Currently supervising Northern Pipeline (contractor) on $20M Stapleton Northfield Mall project.
Fast Tracks Southwest and Denver corridor work with State and Municipal authorities. – less
Great work environment
Xcel Energy Internship (Current Employee), Becker, MNAugust 31, 2014
Friendly atmosphere to work in with plenty of opportunities.
Overall, great company
Business Process Assistant IV (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNAugust 28, 2014
Stringent procedure adherence.
Little encouragement from management.

Enjoy the variety of the position.
fun workplace
CO/PS Consultant (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNAugust 20, 2014
I have improved my skills a lot,
working management is so good in our company..
Co-workers supported me in each and every aspect.
Most enjoyable thing is working together and playing a prominent part in the growth of the company..
Big Company with Lots to Do
GIS Technician (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 18, 2014
Very large power and gas company that is in many different sectors.
Great working environment.
Electrical Drafter/Designer (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNAugust 5, 2014
Worked for “The Structure Group” on the Xcel Energy Display Migration for Dynamic EMS (DEMS) Project,
using AutoCAD 2010-English with the GE XA/21 EMS System.
Great Internship
Intern (Former Employee), COAugust 2, 2014
Pros: paid holidays
A lot of learning. Great internship, overall. Work around school schedule. Great pay
Provides vital service to community
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Eau Claire, WIJuly 20, 2014
Fast paced, challenging employer. A typical day will allow the employee to interface with customers, emergency response personnel and social service agents.
OVERALL GOOD PLACE
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Amarillo TXJuly 15, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: short breaks and lunch
GOOD PLACE TO WORK IF YOU HAVE PATIENCE AND LIKE TO BE INDOORS
Heavy work load. No benefits
Desktop Technician - Field Support Engineer. (Current Employee), Denver, COJune 13, 2014
Pros: flexible hours to do work. great team members.
Cons: too heavy a work load for number of technicians.
The opportunity to learn new technical skills was the norm.
Team members were the best I ever met. I could always get answers to difficult answers.
Hardest part of job was just showing up and handling the work load. Management did not care how many work tickets we had, we just had to handle it.
A wonderful employeer
Senior Distribution System Operator (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNJune 11, 2014
Great place to work, great pay and benefits. Lots of support from management.
Walking up those step to get to work area carring all my tool.
JOURNEYMAN ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee), Amarillo TxJune 4, 2014
Pros: winning at card during lunch.
Cons: somone cheated at card during the game.
1Good very much routine.
2Plus minus cable pulls.
3Good, always got my full pay check.
4Great people to work with.
5Having the right cable sizes in stock.
6Having lunch with co workers.
Nice place, my lead manager in marketing was challenging and has since left
Senior Communications Consultant (Former Employee), DenverJune 3, 2014
Pros: great building and location
Very political but they seem to care about employees. They prefer to have contractors than employees- that is their business model.
Eight state public utility
Call Routing Analyst (Current Employee), Roseville, MNMay 29, 2014
Pros: stable company/industry
Cons: puc regulated
Most days, I trouble shoot issues with the PBX and IVR. I am the primary vector writer for the call center. I create call flows and process maps for various departments and systems. I run outbound calling campaigns for planned and unplanned outages, vegetation management as well as other electric and gas emergency and non-emergency situations. I also – more... help maintain service levels through skill changes, IVR enhancements and upfront messaging.

The most enjoyable part of the job is designing and writing the vectors to route the calls to the appropriate areas. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Xcel Energy

Xcel Energy has accelerated its energy engine in utility markets across the US. The utility holding company distributes electricity – Read more

Xcel Energy Photos