Xcel Energy Employee Reviews

heavy equipment operator
Yard Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNNovember 30, 2014
I already did a review, it was a great work place. No lack of work and all the overtime you can handle.
Sr. Plant Engineer (Current Employee), Denver, CONovember 29, 2014
It is an excellent company but management's integrity is questionable. They are more of managers than leaders,.
Great and legit work from home company
Alpine Access - Customer Service (Former Employee), Denver, ColoradoNovember 28, 2014
Pros: work from home
Cons: sometimes not enough hours
Loved the fact I could just jump on the phone to take Customer Service calls directly from home and no driving needed I loved the hours that were very flexible so I could work within the 24 hour period.
Long Travel
Capital Projects Administrative III (Former Employee), Bayport, MNNovember 17, 2014
I enjoyed working for this company, however I had to end up driving 85 miles each day to work and I was not compensated for this. I was required to be to work on time despite the harsh weather conditions. i.e snow storms ect.
fast pace
Customer service Representative (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNNovember 17, 2014
Inbound calls center for starting, stopping, transferring electric and gas services, as well as emergency dispatch for gas emergencies, power outages and fire.
I learn the ins and outs of the energy we use, education clients on conservation of energy, the importance of calling before digging and calling when a line or tree is down. I learn how to handle emergencies and sending out dispatch, working the the policy and fire department, being thorough in documenting conversations on every account.
great company
Call Center (inbound/outbound) (Former Employee), Roseville, MNNovember 9, 2014
great company. great employees and co-workers. great hours.
Great people, great company
Technical Analysts/Business Analyst (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNNovember 3, 2014
I enjoyed my time at Xcel Energy, the people were extremely willing to help you out and extremely professional.
meter reader (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXOctober 22, 2014
I liked working at Xcel. I don't think they pay the meters enough money and their benefits cost the employees too much.
No longer in business
Intern (Former Employee), Earth, TXOctober 5, 2014
This company is no longer in business. This is a good thing. I later learned this company was involved with several tax evasions etc. The system was corrupt and the doors were closed. The employees old and present at time of the doors closing really had no idea.
The plant is currently having some problems
Control Room Supervisor (Current Employee), Monticello, MNOctober 1, 2014
The plant has had a bad run of luck in the last couple of years and the senior management seems to be having trouble turning the trend around. The management that got the plant into its current pickle have been promoted and that has resulted in some problems with moral.
A great place to work
Skip Tracer / Account Specialist (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXSeptember 30, 2014
I enjoyed my position with this company, researching and tracking really became one of my favorite things to do.
Great enviroment
Customer Care Representative, Associate I (Current Employee), Eau Claire, WISeptember 13, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: harsh customers
Debt sales in a competitive environment. I learned how to work several different computer systems.
Productive place to work at.
Electrical Engineer (Current Employee), Keenesburg, COSeptember 8, 2014
My review to Xcel Energy would be excelent. I enjoy working for them.
Highly dependable detailed oriented individual with excellent administrative, record management/data entry and customer services skills
Customer Contact Center Associate (Current Employee), Eau Claire, WISeptember 3, 2014
• Strong commitment and dedication to customer service and relationship building
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to effectively and efficiently multi-task, meet deadlines, and assume responsibility
• Proven ability to identify, evaluate, and resolve complex problems and resolve disputes
Productive work Environment 24/7
Supervisor I, Field Operations (Former Employee), Denver, COSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: working with municipal autorities
Cons: 16 hour days, worked weekends and on call.
Manage daily work plans, assign and direct Field Operations employees in the utility new construction, operations, and maintenance of gas and electric work by installing underground and overhead wire, single-phase and three-phase cable, transformers, switch cabinets as well as install street lighting for commercial and residential areas or cities. Ensure projects are safety compliant, meet all OSHA standards, work completed on time and within budget, and restoration efforts meet or exceed original conditions. Secure occupancy permits and approved plan and profile and submit to city municipalities. BMP’s, and storm water inspection. Manage O&M/Capital budgets and payroll. On call (24hr) emergency cable fault repair.
Replaced aging and failing street lights with newer energy efficient lights.
Streamlined and revised existing bid processes.
Replaced cable in Greenwood Village. Recommended alternative placement that saved the city $175K in sidewalk restoration.
Currently supervising Northern Pipeline (contractor) on $20M Stapleton Northfield Mall project.
Fast Tracks Southwest and Denver corridor work with State and Municipal authorities.
Great work environment
Xcel Energy Internship (Current Employee), Becker, MNAugust 31, 2014
Friendly atmosphere to work in with plenty of opportunities.
Overall, great company
Business Process Assistant IV (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNAugust 28, 2014
Stringent procedure adherence.
Little encouragement from management.

Enjoy the variety of the position.
fun workplace
CO/PS Consultant (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNAugust 20, 2014
I have improved my skills a lot,
working management is so good in our company..
Co-workers supported me in each and every aspect.
Most enjoyable thing is working together and playing a prominent part in the growth of the company..
Big Company with Lots to Do
GIS Technician (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 18, 2014
Very large power and gas company that is in many different sectors.
Great working environment.
Electrical Drafter/Designer (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNAugust 5, 2014
Worked for “The Structure Group” on the Xcel Energy Display Migration for Dynamic EMS (DEMS) Project,
using AutoCAD 2010-English with the GE XA/21 EMS System.

About Xcel Energy

Xcel Energy has accelerated its energy engine in utility markets across the US. The utility holding company distributes electricity – Read more

Xcel Energy Photos