Xeikon America, Inc. Service Technician
This entry level position is primarily responsible for ensuring that all service to customer or company-owned equipment is completed efficiently, on time, and correctly according to specifications by performing the below duties.
You will be trained at our Itasca, Illinois headquarters and/or our worldwide headquarters in Europe (Belgium) on Xeikon equipment. The current opening is in the St. Paul/Minneapolis, MN area.
Xeikon is an innovator in digital printing technology. The company designs, develops and delivers web-fed digital color presses for labels and packaging applications, document printing, as well as commercial printing. These presses utilize LED-array-based dry toner electrophotography, open workflow software and application-specific toners.
For more information, visit www.xeikon.com.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering (BEE) REQUIRED
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Communicates with customer on all call activities up to and including scheduled arrival time, scheduled calls and any deviation which may have occurred.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose failures, execute repairs at customer site.
- Participation in special projects at the direction of management.
- Provide status updates online during the day including updating service call activity by the end of the day and keeping management aware of issues that require special attention.
- Keeps an inventory of parts onsite and ships back necessary parts at the end of each service incident.
- Must be willing and able to work various hours and be on call as client’s work schedules require.
- Completes repairs within performance standards guidelines as set by the company: repair time, quality of repairs, amount of rework, quantity of repairs, labor efficiency and other measures.
- Able to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and on an on-call basis.
- A high percentage of travel is expected both by driving and by airplane.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Excellent organizational, leadership, interpersonal communication and computer skills
Clear and conceptual thinking ability is a plus.
Excellent judgment and discretion; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously, meet deadlines, and handle work-related stress is required.
Friendly, courteous, service-oriented, professional, outgoing, and customer service oriented.
Remain calm and professional in stressful situations.
Detail-oriented and work effectively under pressure while meeting all applicable deadlines.
Knowledge of Internet software; E-mail (outlook); Microsoft Excel and Word Processing Software
Knowledge of printing industry is a plus.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities and is a Non-Exempt