Xero Employee Reviews

Fun environment
Recruiting Coordinator HR Team (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 31, 2015
Good place to work, atmosphere is wonderful. They are growing fast! They are located all over the world and what they do is great.
Calls
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London, KYJuly 24, 2015
Taking calls helping with the ssa
that people get made when they dont have there money on time
management was crazy
trying to make the cunsomer happy
I have never had a place I felt more secure and well treated than here.
Sr. Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  DenverDecember 20, 2013
I have worked for Xero since October of 2013. This is the only company I have worked for that actually does care about thier employees work/home balance and really does want to keep you for the long haul. The excellent benefits, pay, and epic culture here are second to none. A employee would be hard pressed to find another company that would be a better place to work. The management takes a driven from the top down approach to seeing to it the culture and environment instills a feeling of pride and wanting to come in everyday and really feel as though you are member of the team and a person not a drone. There is also a incredible opportunity for career growth here. I cant say enough good things about Xero.
Pros
benefits, free snacks, sodas, etc in the break room. benefits, pay, culture, long term career.
Cons
none that i can think of.
Having a blast changing the game in accounting
Vice President, Marketing & Product (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 20, 2013
Working at Xero has been a life altering experience. After working at many tech companies prior and larger corporations, Xero has been the place I have been looking for. I spend my time each day working on innovative and creative solutions to help accounting professionals and small businesses. I am surrounded by the best and the brightest and work closely as part of a truly global team. Our counterparts in AUS and NZ help us to realize that we must always work and play hard. Politics and slow decision-making are almost non-existent. A lot of places talk about being fun...and it is truly a pleasure to come into work. Is it easy? No. Small businesses don't have it easy and we want to support them and help them be successful. That means that you have to truly understand, appreciate and support them day in and day out. However, you can truly see the difference that the products and our efforts make - and you are truly part of a team that brings it all together and cares. It is really a pleasure to be a part of something significant, impactful and special. It is amazing how far we have come and how much further we can and will go.
Pros
culture, opportunity, work environment and talent
Cons
my commute to san francisco (but that is my issue)
Fun place to work with a pool table in the office!
Customer Experience Specialist-Payroll (Current Employee) –  Denver Tech CenterDecember 20, 2013
Spend your day answering customer tickets, interacting with coworkers across the globe. Very relaxed company to work for! Feels like a small family company, even though, it is a large global company.
Pros
relaxed dresscode
Newer US Xero Employee
Customer Experience Specialist (Current Employee) –  Denver, Co.December 20, 2013
This is the first international company I've worked for. I must say, it's an absolute pleasure. Xero has their goals together, ethics agree across the company, and the people are unheard of. They have done a phenomenal job of hand selecting their employee family. Couldn't be happier - except maybe to be working for this company from NZ instead of the US!
Pros
growing company, great people, room to move up, pay, pto, great location/office, organized, open communication.
Cons
nothing comes to mind at the moment.
Love it here!
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 19, 2013
I have been at Xero as a Systems Engineer for close to four months now, and I am enjoying my time here immensely!

Everyday is different, one day I am programming in Ruby, writing Powershell scripts, the next day I am working on administering the many different systems that we have here. I have learned more Ruby here than I have on my own.

I would say that Xero is a "transparent" company. Management is really open and if you want to know something all you have to do is ask. Rod Drury (our CEO) really pushes to make Xero a company that you want to stay at for life and his saying is "This is your last job". Once you are a Xero, you are always a Xero.

They also care about your development as an employee and are willing to invest resources in training you, not only specifically for your position, but also for other paths within the company.

You are guaranteed to make a lot of friends both in the Denver office and elsewhere in the company. I have grown close with a few of the people in our New Zealand HQ as we are in constant contact with them throughout the day.

We also receive a number of perks as part of our position here. Snacks, fresh fruit, and soda are delivered Monday mornings. We also have quite a few cooks here so potlucks are full of amazing food. We also have a pool table, wellness room (good for naps), and Happy hour on Fridays.

Overall cool company to work for!
Pros
lots!
Cons
none that i can see
Fantastic! what more can i say!
Bank Feeds Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Milton KeynesMarch 18, 2013
The company is great, people here are great, the role is great. In all my years (and it's a lot) of working, I have never felt so welcome and 'like one of the family'.
The best decision I ever made
Associate Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Milton KeynesMarch 8, 2013
I have waited for that one day when I wake up in the morning and get excited to come to work, and I have at Xero. It has only been a week here at the Milton Keynes office and I have never been so excited for the following monday.

Everyone here is so friendly and generally wants you to succeed at Xero, everyone here works as a team, we all work on the same floor and the managers work alongside you and not behind closed doors.

My induction week has been the most fun week I have ever had in my working life.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with so many exciting people.
Pros
fun people, relaxed environment, great support
Cons
cannot find a fault
Milton Keynes Associate Account Manager
Associate Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Milton KeynesMarch 8, 2013
My first week is nearly complete, I can honestly say I have never had so much fun, been more interested, felt more welcomed than my first week in the XERO offices in Milton Keynes. My first day I was greeted with smiles, clear training programs and autonomy.
Management style approachable welcoming and knowledgable this may sound cliche but I feel like my work history has lead to this position. The hardest part of this week has been trying to find fault with it, my co-workers are fun yet professional coupled with a google styled working environment. Most enjoyable part of my Job being apart of the future of Cloud accountancy somehow packaged into a fun, intelligent, fast moving working environment.
Pros
tech.
Cons
just want more.

Want to know more about Xero?

Ask a question