Xerox
3,225 reviews

Xerox United States Employee Reviews

great potential to grow despite the very confining point system
Customer Service Representative/Processor (Former Employee), Madison, MSApril 19, 2015
Pros: growth opportunities
Cons: short breaks, unfair point system
Xerox is a great conglomerate to work for. They offer opportunities for growth, especially if you're apt to learning and comprehending new information. We took between 200-300 calls per day along with 400-600 patient inquiries per day as well. The hardest part of the job was the point system and if you have a sick child be prepared to be in danger of losing your job. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning new material and helping the patients.
Good Job
Lead Quality Analyst (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCApril 19, 2015
I enjoyed being a customer service assistant. Great place to start and learn customer service skills. Management is great, and the employees are too.
Great work envirnment
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Tempe, AZApril 18, 2015
Pros: Easy learning envirnment, great people
Cons: paying for lunch if I dont bring my own
I love my job. There are many opportunities that can be grasped with hard work and determination. it's a wonderful positive, happy work place where we feel like a family. This is just an amazing opportunity to work in an area that I have loved since the age of 2.
I do not recall that far in the past
Project Manager (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAApril 18, 2015
Pros: Average
Cons: Average
I do not have a clear memory of anything out of the ordinary The company was acquired so quickly I never acclimated into the culture.
xerox needs upgrades
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee), baton rougeApril 17, 2015
Pros: pto, off every weekend and hoildays state and federal, benefits
Cons: horrible hours, overworked, terrible equipment, paid per call, requested 3 months in advance days off
I was an excellent employee here. I am still eligible to return to this employer. I was not happy with training of employees and the managerment of the employer. The equipment was outdated and the space was I was provided was very brutal.They changed rules and management ever month. No one was ever on the same page. We were without a account manager an supervisor for 6 months and to this day no account manager. I would not recommend this job to anyone.
I have had an excellent experience working with this company.
Customer Care Supervisor (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCApril 17, 2015
I have had an excellent experience working with this company and it's management. I would highly recommend this job as a place of employment.
Customer care assissant.
Customer Care Assistant (Former Employee), Madison, MSApril 17, 2015
Pros: over time
Cons: suspended breaks and lunches.
It was a really nice place to work in . Its just the management was un organized, everything kept changing with in the call center.
Great place to learn
IT & Operations Manager (Current Employee), Austin, TXApril 17, 2015
Great place to learn. Need some help on communication between silo'd departments. All in all it is a great place to work with a family in the background.
Management Lacks Communication Skills
Customer Support Agent (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COApril 17, 2015
Pros: Good Breakroom
Cons: Bad Managers
Management Lacks Communication Skills. Also they worry to much about client and less about client customers. The do not care about employees
it was an ok job
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Anderson, INApril 17, 2015
Pros: nice workplace and people
Cons: the shifts and location
training was good, but after that hours changed i was working 1-11pm and that wasnt a good fit for me. the training and team leaders were great, but high turn over rate. hard to get a decent shift, because shift bids were done off seniority, which sucked.
Behaves like a global company
Site Coordinator (Former Employee), Sunrise, FlApril 16, 2015
Pros: A paycheck
Cons: Time off
Not the same company it once was. Behaves like all large global companies. All about cost cutting. No growth opportunities. Sales driven.
It's a job.
Engineer (Current Employee), Webster, NYApril 16, 2015
Pros: I usually never need to work a weekend.
Cons: Tons of hidden agendas, outsourcing, favoritism and politics.
It used to be a fun place to work and had I had some great co-workers. A huge downside is the upper management - no raises, or chance for advancement and then with little warning they layoff or outsource employees while giving raises to the upper management.

Typical day consisted of working with in my cubicle answering emails or supporting in house applications.
Not so much a great place to work
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), High Point, NCApril 16, 2015
Pros: work from home
Cons: horrible hours and low pay
Its a work from home job and they have split shift schedules. You cannot have a balanced life with the hours given. They do provide the equipment but you have to find the right internet and phone line out your expenses.
I love the people I worked with.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Yukon, OKApril 16, 2015
Pros: They have wonderful people that work there.
Cons: The attendance and the mandatory overtime that you had to work without breaks
I loved my co-workers. I have made life long friends working there. The no fault attendance system is the hardest thing. If you have kids that are sick and they are not able to go to school and daycare. You will get pointed for missing those days even with a doctor notes.
.no comment
Eligibility Specialist (Former Employee), Family and Social ServicesApril 16, 2015
Family and Social Services provides food stamps and medical coverage for low income people. Yet they try to make it as hard as possible for people to get these services. They work on a "quota" basis. You can get your quota by shutting people off a lot easier than actually doing your job.
high energy, fast paced work enviorment
Team Lead Duties (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 16, 2015
A day at work consist of physical, clerical, and administrative duties. I've learned that there will always be challenges and obstacles in every job. What matters is how you respond to the challenges. Coworkers are hard workers with plenty of skill sets. Hardest part of the job is dealing with process changes. The most enjoyable part is leaving after a hard days work and knowing a job well done has been performed.
Learning & Development Specialist Manager (Former Employee), Lexington,KyApril 16, 2015
Pros: Traveling and meeting new people
Cons: No room for advancement
I was the manager over the training department. It was a very rewarding job. I enjoyed meeting new people along with getting to travel to different locations in the US.
Apple Call Center... Not as cool as it sounds...STAY AWAY IF YOU CAN
Apple Technical Support (Former Employee), Bolingbrook, ILApril 15, 2015
Pros: Leaning about apple, you can learn to really sell and make people buy things they dont need
Cons: Low wage, unfair ethics, dishonest employees
There was a job posting on Snag a Job that was for customer service from Xerox. Filled out the application and next day was emailed to come in on specified day. Probably one of the 1st Red flags with a job interview process is minimal communication.
I didn't know this was a Apple Tech Support job until after some test in my computer proficiency. Long story short. You have to sit through 3 weeks of paid training to learn Apples devious tactics on making money through customer service, pretty much those Pay Per Incident plans that cost $19 for basic trouble shooting, yeah... you are trained to properly place your words to sell the PPI plan to customers who's warranty is up.

Work life is not flexible at all... unless your an Apple golden employee that has no Dissatisfaction on customer calls. Everything is performance based, ludicrous shift bids that change every 6 or less months, the company has no courtesy for your life outside of work. Don't like the Shift that was given to you? Then you quit.

I was the most knowledgeable amongst a group of new employees that were hired in with me (25 to be exact) that we all had to "Graduate" to be "authorized" Apple Tech Support you have to pass 3 tests maybe more and have to "Be aware of the information" not necessarily know it. Myself and 3 others were the most knowledgeable and we were able to choose from the best shifts when we were ready to go on the call floor.

The work was repetitive. rude Apple users that know nothing tell you that YOU know nothing when you try to help them with something. Or they are just so ill informed – more... and uneducated that even in lamens terms does no good. you get some good customers, don't get me wrong, but you deal with a lot that have no idea how to turn off the phone or even know what the home button was. I swear there were more than i want to admit who didn't know what I meant when I said "Press the Home button". Every call you take is heavily logged by the iLog system and YES you do use nothing but Mac computers and YES iLog is a proprietary phone logging software developed by apple that is the up most unreliable piece junk of software and always has problems. 9 times out of 10 each call you take sends a email out the caller asking them to do a survey. THIS IS WHERE IT GETS OUT OF HAND.

You will get dissatisfaction surveys for no logical reason at all. The ones i received, I did not deserved. It could have been that grandma did not know how to fill out the survey correctly and gave you 0 stars instead of the 5 stars you deserved, it could have been that another adviser got a call from the same customer and case number and provided poor service to them and in return the customer angrily filled out the survey in their inbox pertaining to YOUR services and you get nailed by someone else insubordination and poor job. Or it could have been that the customer was in a rush and was not patient enough to stop, driving, eating, working, or what not to take time out to work out what the problem was and left you a bad survey because he or she didn't care to work with you to help them. Or a customer wasn't able to reset their password because they forgot their security questions, they also cant access their email to reset it, they also don't have the credit card they used for itunes purchases to verify. So they stick you with a bad survey. The lists goes on! THIS IS 100% true. I have had people call while doing the most time intensive tasks, or an activity demanding 100% of their attention like driving, working, going to a funeral, taking care of a crying kid or baby etc. OR it could have been that they literately have no clue, that they couldn't follow your instructions in the most simplest way possible. and gave you a bad survey. Or you could have gotten a bad survey if a customer wasn't happy with another companies service that caused their iphone, ipod, computer etc. not to work. Everything that was out of your control was held against you as an employee and you were like a shield for Apple, taking all the penalties for "poor performance" and then have to take training courses over again because of it. If Apple releases a buggy update, you get held accountable.You have to have the up most patients to work a job like this. I cant say there was anything enjoyable about working here other than what it seemed like were the only 2 co-workers and my supervisor was very supportive.

All of the above affects your pay, your shift time, your days off, and the team you are on and supervisor. It is the most unethical way to work and do business and Apple should be ashamed that they operate this way. And NO, you cant talk to your supervisor or any higher up about removing useless surveys from your name even if the caller mentioned a different name in the survey. While cheesy apple store employees get paid more than the tech advisers that go through way more training, is a slap in the face. I litteraly had Apple employees call in from Apple Stores trouble shooting stuff for customers. What does this tell you? Yet you as the tech adviser get the lower wage, while Sally stands around in a blue shirt with the Apple logo and an iPad for $14 hr. You will never make the salary they say...EVER. If you are in a tight position and need the job, then that's ok, but don't plan on working here if you are looking for advancement or a good workplace. The people i worked with were not all the honest ones, employees would steal, or try to get you fired by doing something to your computer if you didn't lock it when you walked away. Steal or throw away lunches in the cafeteria to make room for their own oversize pizza box they brought. There was literally a heist of thieves that broke into the call center and stole over 8 mac computers and iphones and ipods. It HAD to have been an inside job, because they were good at doing it, knew exactly what to take, and what to do to break the Kensington locks on all the computers to take them. and they got away with it too. and dont forget the awesome discount on apple products of 6%. – less
Fun Place to Work
Field Sales Support Specialist (Current Employee), Wilsonville, ORApril 15, 2015
Pros: Co Workers -
Cons: low pay - no advancement
It was a fun place to work and had some great co-workers. The only downside was the upper management - no raises, or chance for advancement and then without warning they lay off many workers while giving raises to the upper management.

Typical day consisted of working with Salesforce and assisting the sales department with all aspects of Salesforce.
Poor Management Team
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee), Anderson, INApril 14, 2015
Pros: Pay, Overtime Unlimited
Cons: Unwilling to help their team
I am not very happy about working here but I learn from experience the management team is not very productive they have open door policy well I have gotten nowhere with that.

1 2 3 4 5

About Xerox

Why build your career at Xerox? Because every day you’ll work alongside people who are as passionate about new ideas, – Read more

Xerox Salaries