Xerox
2,998 reviews

Xerox Employer Reviews

call center
Customer Service Representative I (Former Employee), Portland, ORFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: advancment is encourage and obtainable
Cons: sales, quotas constant chage
Xerox as a company is good but Sprint is hired by Xerox and Sprints constant change and demand is hard to keep up with. There are a lot of sales included which is not explained when you take the job.
Great job if you're support staff
CONTINUING EDUCATION COORDINATOR WDS (Former Employee), Boise, IdahoFebruary 26, 2015
Taking phone calls isn't all that great, but it's easy to advance and get into operations management or support staff. The training department was a lot of fun :)
Great brand name but compensation is lacking
Sr. Client Manager (Former Employee), Denver, COFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: great people, great training, great brand
Cons: compensation not competitive, culture change (micro manage)
Xerox is going through a transition to verticalize their sales force and focus more on services and solutions vs. just equipment. Although the "Services" message is being preached more & more, at the end of the day, they (lower & middle management) are still focused on the same old stuff, the 30-60-90 day grind of "what have you done for me lately". My team was once a strong, cohesive, high performing unit in the Rocky Mountain region that has now been reduced to a fragmented and unstructured office where no one has a manager in the same state and some our accounts that we covered locally are now been covered by reps out of state (all for the sake of verticalization). Bad idea to break relationships.

I have learned a ton from working there for the past 17 years and appreciate all that they have given me (skills, training, etc.). They have great training programs and they are known for their high caliber sales force which I was proud to say I was one of them.

The new direction, their significant cut in compensation (about 40%) and the new culture that has bleed through from other company acquisitions was the writing on the wall that should have had me leaving years ago. I think the mentality from East Coast to West Coast on how things ran was different as well.
Fun work location with a gym, cafeteria and outdoor hiking trails
Lead Technician (Former Employee), Middletown, NJFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: carpool to work
Cons: bridge toold to get to work, no public transportation
i would make sure all machines at the location and functioning properly and replace and consumables or parts needed to optimize daily print volumes
It was a very enlightening job.
Customer Service Representative I (Former Employee), Federal Way, WAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: coffee while working
Cons: short breaks
I learned after working for this company for about 6 years - that a person should attempt at all costs to further their education. Or at least everyday concentrate on some type of training. You do not want to find yourself going in circles on jobs that simply may not pay you what you need. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you are able to sit down and perhaps drink coffee while you work. The hardest thing about the job is not being able to help a customer to get what they really want.
Turnaround is to high
Technical Support Customer Service (Former Employee), el paso, TXFebruary 25, 2015
Cons: training is awful, sups are to, when times are slow you go home, weekends are a given
This is not a very clean place. Training is bad, you have so much information on how to build the product not how to sell. The classes are to full. Scripting is changed often, which makes it hard to learn. The metric are geared to how the customer likes you and not how well you do. So if they don't like you or the company you fail even if you have lots of sales.
Okay Environment
CUSTOMER CARE ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 25, 2015
Not the ideal place to work. Unorganized and unprofessional environment. I would not recommend working here. Stay where you are at.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Madison, MSFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: bonus, hire within
Cons: professionalism
It alright working there but it doesn't have security. I think that no one should have to go to work and don't know if its their last day. The co workers are great people. Xerox is a type of job that doesn't care about what u have going on at home. They give you a set time schedule and the next day you are forced to be on a new schedule. Its okay if you like that type of work though.
Poor Training
Third Party Insurance Administrator (Former Employee), Indinapaolis, INFebruary 25, 2015
I was able to process claims for major medical at an average of 100 claims per day. A typical day also included research and question time. Because the employer, Xerox, did not train me I quickly formed a habit of spending a lot of time in question time.
Horrible
Human Resource Manager (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FL (Anjala McGrady Sup)February 25, 2015
Pros: hmmmmmmmm
Cons: healthcare sucks, forced overtime
I worked in the call center in Tallahassee 2073 Lake Summit East and I would never work for this company again, you are underpaid and treated like slaves. The sups care nothing about your personal life and its all business. I understand that this is a business, but you have to treat your employees with respect. They change your hours when they like and forces you to work overtime at a drop of a dime. IF YOU ARE IN TALLAHASSEE DO NOT WORK FOR THEM, PLEASE RUN!! They sound real good at first, butu after that it goes down hill. There are other Xerox's in Tallahassee that I heard was great to work at, but I will never work for this company again.
No Personal Life
Customer Service Supervisor COD School Relations (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, NYFebruary 25, 2015
If you work for Xerox, you have no personal life. You are on call 24 hours a day and you also work long hours in the office. A typical day for me is from 9am- 8 or 9pm.
Good compensation, friendly work enviornment
Customer Care (Current Employee), Webster, NYFebruary 24, 2015
Xerox call center is a good employment opprtunity, although the management could use some improvement, its a great work enviornment.
Apple Advisor
Apple Advisor (Former Employee), Lexington, KYFebruary 24, 2015
I love being apart the Apple Team! It was the best to sit there and walk a customer through each troubleshooting step there was and resolve their problems!
fun
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Bolingbrook, ILFebruary 24, 2015
typical day at Zerox 60-70 inbound calls per day depending on the call volume.. but the management sucked, no one really supports you the job require guidance and patience ..the [pay is good but no bonus or anything
love/hate
Customer service rep (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COFebruary 23, 2015
not to bad.dont feel very appricated honestly.i work there bcs i like my customers.but it gets old after a while.the benifits arnt great and they dont really care about family.they are very much about the money.
Wasted 8 years of my life don't do it!!!!
AP PROCESSOR (Former Employee), Tempe AZFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: years of stress
Cons: high blood pressure and lots of health issues
ABC pay sucks and when you have abc rates if you make an error they charge you for those errors and your pay goes down. When this started they promised us a big pay check and when we started making the money they found any way they could to take that money away.

Management is so bad that they will hire anyone with no management skills or experience. Lack of communication in this place too. HR says one thing and your managers will say another. So unorganized.
Eligibility Specialist (Former Employee), East Hartford, CTFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: loved this job
Cons: nothing negative comes to mind.
I enjoyed the job at Xerox. The customers and employees were great. Would love to continue working at this company. I had no security or benefits since I took a temporary job. For those who are permanent it has a lot to offer.
great place to work
Client Account Associate (Former Employee), Washington DCFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: awards, recognition
Cons: short breaks
I enjoyed the management and staff at Xerox during the many years I spent working there. I also enjoyed the learning process at Xerox, online classes etc.
Lacks Organization
Business Analyst (Former Employee), All LocationsFebruary 21, 2015
Cons: management, lacks organization
Xerox does not utilize employee's in their field of expertise which sets up employees for failure. Xerox management and outsourcing companies do not work collaboratively - right had does not know what the left hand is doing. Creates a stressful environment that lacks organization and leadership. More importantly, product qualityof deliverables leaves little to be desired with grammatical errors e.g. spelling, incorrect usage, etc. Employee's except management have never received a pay raise in last 7 years.
No job security - constantly threatened with layoff or restructuring. They promote educational reimbursement however, management will tell you it is not in the budget and will not approve.
great salary
Transaction processor for Humana on Exchange (Former Employee), Guaynabo, PRFebruary 21, 2015
working for xerox its great just that in PR management needs to be educated, other than that excellent place to work. salary that good hours worked, well i used to work almost 70 hours a week but hey ho complains about it .

1 2 3 4 5

About Xerox

Why build your career at Xerox? Because every day you’ll work alongside people who are as passionate about new ideas, – Read more