Xerox Employee Reviews in United States

Found 5,580 reviews matching the search
Horrible place to work, steer clear!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILApril 1, 2016
This is a terrible business to work for just because the corporate management is really pretty incompetent. Employees at the bottom level are headed in and out and not given much in the way of a paycheck. The place is dirty and not well kept for the most part. It's a disciplinarian environment where the rules reign supreme and nobody seems to care about anything else. I attempted to move up the ladder, but everybody I talked to who had already moved up strongly advised me against it so I gave up. The promotion process isn't even fair because at one point a position opened up and nobody even held interviews but instead just moved someone into it. Afterward managers did say they would hold interviews but of course that never happened.
Pros
Cons
Too much emphasis on rules, minimal compensation, disgustingly dirty work environment.
Worst job ever
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJApril 2, 2016
This was the worst job i have ever had. People are not friendly at all specially management. They dont take there job seriously at all they have no time to spend time with there employees if there having an issue that needs attention. Training is horrible, all the clients' plan rules have a different interpretation depending on who you talk to. So pretty much your wrong all the time. They dont care oe have any compassion for there employees. No room for growth no raises at allllllll! A family member of mine has been there 20 yrs if not more and has not gotten a raise since 2006 ish. Before it was Xerox. There just horrible i hope people read before considering a job there
Pros
Cons
Everything that can be bad about a job
good pay, limited chance for advacement
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 6, 2016
inbound calls, new great pay and sales bonus, must be able to do mandatory overtime, will not work with doctor's notes or emergencies, will still be reprimanded for missing work, limited chance for advancement because it is not about tenure or how well you are doing, its whether the right people like you in your department or not, best part about working here is pay, newly increased base pay to 11.25 with chance to receive up to 0.25 raise every 3 months, worst part is management and work/life balance, if you don't have the time for them when they want you to work mandatory overtime they will not bend if you have an emergency and need time off
Pros
pay, holiday pay, overtime
Cons
management, policies not enforced, sups take advantage
Only work here if you have no other alternative
Data Entry Associate (Former Employee) –  London, KYMarch 18, 2016
Not a great place to work. They put you in a big room that looks like a warehouse with a picnic table to work off of and you share that table with one other person, so you better like each other. There was no management, no structure to the work day. If you were off for a holiday they would make you work over the rest of the week to make up for that holiday time off, so what was the point of the holiday???? Really terrible place to work
Pros
no pros to working here
Cons
No chance of advancement unless you know someone. No chance of raises.
Very supportive team
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Tigard, ORMarch 25, 2016
I would recommend xerox to anyone looking to get started in technical support. There's a great team atmosphere and tons of resources to find answers to complex customer situations.
Pay was not desirable but the opportunity for advancement is abundant. I'd consider this place a decent stepping stone for someone looking to pursue a career out of technical support.
Pros
Free coffee, helpful management, unfiltered internet access
Cons
weak salary, too much work (300+ calls holding constantly), constant pressure to shorten call times.
Overall Good place to work
Customer Care Assistant/ Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 24, 2016
Customers arent so bad you get those rude customers every once in a while. Management and supervisors can do better in their willingness to help and assist agents. Consideration and value of employees could improve ALOT. has ping pong table but not too much entertainment. co workers can also resemble daycare children instead of adults. On the flip side you get a 50 cent raise every 3 months.
Pros
Health benefits i guess, nice co workers, fast pay advance
Cons
Short breaks, mostly unsupportive staff
Wouldn't Recomend it to a enemy
Transaction Processor (Former Employee) –  Guaynabo, PRMarch 13, 2016
normal day is never normal. You know your punch in time, but they will send you home anytime they want. Friends of supervisor will get special treatment, from parking space to early promotions. Even if you are the best at what you do you wont be considered if there is any person friend of management. Pay is barely above the minimal (8.00/hr) with no pay raise and co worker that are from the start are still in the $8.00 range.
Pros
Cons
Management is a mess, if work here must be supervisors friends in order to recieve special benefits
Great Company!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VAJanuary 7, 2016
Great team enviroment, productive and a fun place to work. Friendly and supportive co-workers in all departments. TML has given me the opportunity to explore more skills and knowledgement with our Leadership Development Programs and other exciting opportunities for growth. All employees are very professional in their field of work.
Pros
Very productive enviroment with structured management teams. TML has growth opportunities, positive culture, uncapped commissions, work/life balance, backed by Xerox.
Cons
Products can be slow arriving from vendors, communication is better but could improve. Sales CRM needs to be upgraded.

Comment – February 1, 2016

Our Admin team provides great support to our internal and external customer—thank you for your contribution to our positive culture! You’ve already highlighted many of the pros of working at TML, including our uncapped commission structure for sales and great work/life balance. I appreciate your candor and the opportunity to address a few of the cons. We recognize the need to keep pace by upgrading our Sales CRM, and this is planned for early 2016. Inventory flow can be a challenge for any business, and we are remedying this by improving a few of our processes and leveraging a more accommodating “just in time” delivery of supplies to our customers. As with any growth organization, communication is essential. I agree that it has improved, and ask that all employees—especially those like you who are in our Leadership Development Program—make this a priority in their everyday work. Thank you for your review. Ben Simms President TML, A Xerox Company

Bad eperience
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 17, 2016
This is my first call center job and I already know that it is not in order. Training is done backwards and taught by people who don't know how to do their own jobs. Everyone wants to be a leader/manager but no one knows what is going on half the time including the managers. The only upside is the group I went through training with and even then they sometimes listen to others more than what we were taught. It is pretty much a place where no one knows what is going on but everyone likes to be in your face about what you are doing.
Pros
Raise from 9.00 to 11.50
Cons
Management, workload
Almost all jobs are being "near shored"
Account Operstions Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 15, 2015
As many jobs as possible are being shipped overseas. Even customer facing management positions. Customers are expected to teleconference instead of having a sit-down meeting with the person running the account. Contract workers are constantly furloughed without warning. This is NOT a company that seems to want to take care of it's employees. Raises were frozen for several years (understandable given the recent economy), but shortly after raise freezes were lifted, they adjusted pay grades unfavorably, forcing managers to take back many of the raises they had just given out.

Want to know more about Xerox?

Ask a question
Direct Supervisor was wonderful, awesome teamates
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMarch 1, 2016
My typical day began pulling up systems and ready to accept calls at designated start time.
Back to back calls most of the time.
I learned a great deal about the Healthcare System, especially Medicare.
The supervision on the floor was fabulous, as well as Team Leads.
We were a tightly knit team, I miss all of them.
The hardest part of the job was the lack of response from upper management about important issues that directly affected our teams productivity.
The clients who were confused about their benefits were the best part of the job. I enjoy handling dissatisfied callers because it is a wonderful feeling to turn that call around. That really made my day.
Pros
Working with people who are my friends
Cons
Low pay
Great Pay, Great Team, Bad Management
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 16, 2016
I don't mind working in an inbound cancellation call center. The team I have is amazing, and they make it fun. The benefits are great. The management leaves much to be desired, as its essentially impossible to get assistance or information from anyone that has the information. I disagree with the style, as it is more of a dictatorship instead of a team. The hardest part of the job is dealing with supervisors, as they are constantly not working on the things they need to. The best and easiest part of the day is dealing with the customers, as they are usually much easier to talk to and get information from.
Pros
Benefits, good pay for entry-level
Cons
Poor management
Terrible place to work.
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Lexington KyOctober 9, 2015
I've spent 5 years working for Xerox/ ACS. I wouldn't wish the job on my worst enemy. There is practically never room for advancement because the company would rather hire management off the street then promote from within. This is a company that is fractured doesn't even work well with it self. I've personally known someone who worked for an entry level department making $10 hourly, apply for another department that pays $16 an hour and be offered that position, only for their current department's Operations manager to block their transfer. If your ambition ends at $10 an hour taking phone calls in a center with a factory job mentality this may be the job for you. Otherwise steer clear.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
Office politics, you'll never move up or get a raise.
Enjoyed my coworkers, management extremely umprofessional
Transaction processor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYFebruary 10, 2016
I liked my job, I did not find my duties very difficult and I was always a grade A processor. Management was extremely unprofessional and would yell across the floor at someone if they made a mistake. A lot of favoritism and unfairness, supervisors had no idea how to handle personnel issues professionally. I was humiliated by management when I accessed their "open door policy" by discreetly reporting wrong doing by a "favorited" fellow coworker. I was singled out by management and as a result I walked out. Management created an en extremely hostile work environment at ALL times.
Pros
My coworkers were great and i actually enjoyed doing my job
Cons
Unprofessional and extremely unfair management, unrealistic piece rate goal, no opportunity for advancement
Exciting work environment with foosbal table and employee lounge
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Webster, NYMarch 12, 2016
My work day begins at 8am. I usually get my first inbound call no later than 8:01am, and from that point up until 5pm (minus breaks and lunch) I am helping Verizon wireless customers with all of their billing, payment, upgrade, troubleshooting questions. this job has really taught me how to be patient and empathize with people. my co-workers are very fun and I enjoy working amongst them. management is kind of all over the place, due to the fact that there's so little of them and so many of us customer service agents. The hardest part about this job is not knowing what kind of mood the customers are going to be in, or not knowing how extreme the issue may be before you answer the phone. The easiest part of this job is being able to talk on the phone with a customer for 30 minutes to an hour and have them tell you how great you've been and how you were able to finally fix their problem.
Pros
Great pay, Career advancement opportunities
Cons
No flexible schedule.
Not the place to work
customer service (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCJanuary 19, 2016
The day of a typical employee of Xerox was very stressful and demanding. Normally people say that a job is what you make of it but honestly you can be one of the most hard working people in the entire building and the supervisors would find any possible to write you up for if you were not apart of their cliques. The Operations managers never stuck to their words when it came to bonuses and raises, nor did they stand behind their employees work. In other words credit was never given where due. The pay was actually okay if you are still living at home with your parent but if you are trying to make a living of your own you might need a second job but with that issues it was hard because Xerox was never a company that would work with other work schedules.
Pros
A paycheck
Relaxed place to work.
Claims Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 18, 2016
Great place to work while looking for a better paying job with benefits. However, this is a productive company that processes DC Medicaid claims; with very little room for errors. Nonetheless, the atmosphere is relaxed, without being micro-managed.
Pros
Employee celebrations. (birthdays/anniversaries)
Cons
Long hours of sitting with limited breaks.
Treated like a number, not a person
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Frostburg, MDDecember 23, 2015
on a typical day you would arrive at work and work on insurance claims. my coworkers weren't bad people. in fact, i rather enjoyed their company. however, management had left much to be desired they would take an exceeding amount of breaks, but would lash out upon the staff if something occurred that made you a little late upon returning from your break. they would constantly use their phone on the work floor, which is strictly against the company policy, since we dealt with a lot of client information(addresses, phone numbers, etc.) the job itself wasn't bad at all, it was the management which made the job rather difficult, due to their rather unorthodox ways.
Pros
paid time off
Cons
good benefits, treated less than human
Rewarding to assist the consumer but lack of professionalism
Customer Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 14, 2016
A typical day at work consists of assisting Medicare Part D members with their benefits. The joyous part of this is that I have been able to truly use my interpersonal and intrapersonal skills in being generationally literate of the population of the consumer. Through this I have learned to handle various, initiated situations to push for positive client interaction and timely outcomes. In addition, I have been able to work onmy deesclation skills. Management seems a little dismissive, if at all present, the higher the level but immediate supervisors are resourceful. Coworkers seem a little stressed, always looking for another job but grateful for the current employment. The hardest part of the job is when you have exhausted all the resources you have and there is still no resolution for such vulnerable citizens of out society, the elderly and disabled. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you can resolve their issues or when they share stories of their life journies!
Pros
Helping others, postive member interactions, some teamwork
Cons
short breaks/lunches, compensation
Gret company with growth potential
Provider Care Representative Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 25, 2016
my day to day was spent working with my team of agents which including growing and developing them into greater agents, leaders and individuals. I learned how to raise someone's self worth and personal expectations while maintaining a personal yet family like environment with my co workers. being around my team and developing them into stars is so self pleasing and also the hardest part when you have to get them to believe in themselves
Pros
team building classes and training
Cons
60 hour weeks