Xerox Employee Reviews

Found 7,096 reviews matching the search
my outlook on xerox
Customer Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCMarch 1, 2017
The typical day at work, would be arriving at your scheduled time to log into your computer and phone; answering phone calls, for members, account holders, or co-holders. Answering simple questions from what was in the account to what could they use the account for. giving out information that would be helpful in the future use of the accounts. I learned how benefits and customer service worked, what was required and what wouldn't work. Management...culture in the workplace was very diverse and open, making it very fun to work, and get to know others of a different culture. the hardest part about the job, was having to bounce back into a positive attitude after dealing with a rude, or creatively worded customer. the best part about the job was leaving at the end of the day knowing that I helped allot of people and they left the conversation with more than they knew when they first called in.
Pros
pay raises
Cons
pay raises
Mediocre company
Engineer II - Manufacturing and Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORMarch 9, 2017
While it is a Fortune 500 company, the benefits offered to employees are sub-par compared to similar positions within the industry and each year the benefits seem to degrade. Starting salary is substantially lower than industry standards for the region and pay raises are very small or infrequent. Your position may be moved to another group, another company, or another country with minimal notice as there are layoffs every year. General employee moral is low for those who have been with the company more than a few years.
Pros
Under new management, hopefully he can turn things around
Cons
Historically poorly mismanaged, low focus on employee satisfaction, limited room for advancement
Great people Great work enviroment
Indiana FSSA Eligibility specialist (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INJanuary 18, 2017
The training was months, The trainers were very nice and professional, All of the Managers and coaches were friendly and helpful, However this job is to be taken seriously, And that means you have to maintain a 95 percent or higher average to stay with this company. Now you are usually in training for 1 year, Once the year is up then you start talking about being transitioned in. This is pretty exciting as you are now on your way to becoming full time with all of the benefits available to you once this happens. However not everyone makes the transition, They will be reviewing your qualities, attendance and the way you are handling your calls, You have all of the information needed for this job, Also advancement is also a possibility.
Pros
money, benefits, management desk job 8am to 4:30 pm
Cons
continuous calls, quality grading and call volume
A great group to work for but working for Xerox was not always a
Senior Accountant/Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 23, 2017
A typical day at work involved what time of the month it was. I was given time by my manager to complete my schedules as they were due. The culture was something I was not I was excited about. Overall management was great. The hardest part of the job was giving presentations but I have greatly improved in that area. The most enjoyable part were time when were quiet and we had all of our schedules finished and approved.
Pros
Was mostly left to myself to get my reports done. Nice peers and management.
Cons
no 401k match, minimal merit increase, hold on merit increase for multiple years, no coffee in breakroom, the old building
relaxing workplace with good staff
Customer Service Expert (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 21, 2017
you have a set schedule and time of working between the hours of 6am-6pm during the week only. management is nice enough. I've learned about the 125 cafeteria plans- fsa, hsa, commuter and cobra as well. work is very quiet because of what we deal with on a daily basis- lives are at stake. hardest thing would have to be not being able to help the way we would like to. the best thing is we get weekends and holidays off to be with our family. I was there for almost 6 years and only got 1 raise when I moved up to a supervisor but that only happened because the previous supervisor quit.
Pros
set schedule
Cons
healthcare isnt that great
Definitely ideal for advancement opportunities...
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILDecember 19, 2016
Xerox provides third party customer service centers for several large corporations. Sometimes there are delays in regards to communicating important changes in a timely manner. There are also policies in place that prevent the third party associates from providing assistance as effectively and efficiently as an associate trained by that particular company. However, Xerox provides opportunity to advance quickly and plenty of extra cash. It also houses a positively competitive environment amongst employees.
Pros
Advancement opportunities, pot lucks, competitions, extra compensation...
Cons
Third party policies...
It's what you make it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 20, 2017
When I worked here management was terrible, people were getting promoted that shouldn't be. It was like a horrible High School experience. Cliques and drama. You were criticized constantly, barely ever praised. Negative reinforcement tactics. No advancement unless you were a close friend of someone in management. ABC compensation is a joke. Got hired there again a few years later, couldn't show up for first day, did everything I could and got a different job... too much anxiety about going back.
Pros
Job security, takes A LOT to get fired.
Cons
Everything except good friends.
Pay is great when there's work
Data Analysis (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 3, 2017
The job is a contracting job so constant work isn't to be expected. If you love traveling and don't have any priorities at home then this job is ideal. To sum it up, this job is more for retirees not for people looking for a career. When it comes to management, they have poor communication for employees and clientele which makes the job very complicating whether it's waiting to hear about the next job date or just knowing when your meet time is with the client.
Pros
Travel, Decent pay, Paid expenses.
Cons
Inconsistent hours, No benefits, No possibility for moving up in the company.
Business technical workplace somewhat limited technical culture
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CANovember 9, 2016
Good management, but a rather limited traditional work culture. Business oriented, segmented work place. The culture appeared fragmented. Some areas/ divisions were singularly focused on narrow tasked based, goal oriented accomplishments, while others areas offered a more open environment. This was probably due to the old business genesis of the copier business. However Xerox is known for their technical inventions. They were the original creator of the window based graphical operating system made famous by apple and Micorsoft. They invented the "mouse", as well as modern computer networking. They are also know for having started more startups by former employee's than any other business. Good people with unimaginative management.
Pros
Good pay, benefits, individual offices, flexible work hours
Cons
often resources are in short supply.
Challenging, productive, and fun
Home-based Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 24, 2016
The training provided to be the best at the position is fantastic, benefits are competitive. Team environment in which co-workers and supervisors really care about the success of everyone included in company as well as the bottom line. Hours are very flexible as long as one excels and obtains clearly stated goals. For my particular position there was a lack of promotions which is the only reason I am no longer with the company.
Pros
Discounts, flexibility, work environment, coworkers
Cons
Advancement
Most awful facility
Provider Relations advocate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 6, 2016
It was the worst 10 months ever. I was mad everyday and it raised my blood pressure. I didnt enjoy working there. The management is a joke and turn around rate is outrageous. If they stop feeding the new hires pizza and donuts everyweek to cover up lies and deception that this place was a good place to work, maybe just maybe they could keep their other employees happy. Stop worrying about my starbucks cup on my desk and pay me more for the under appreciated work i am doing instead of worrying about petty things. Run a functional business and not this horrendous storm you call a business opportunity.
Pros
8-430 schedule.
Cons
Everything else.
Xerox is an awesome place to work. It presents a great opportunity for growth and development.
Various (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 30, 2017
Xerox like any major corporation is foced to look at ways of remaining competitive and keeping its shareholders happy. Inspite of its realigning and restructuring to better position itself to be competive, it has a great group of people that work there and the company's greatest asset. The people create the culture and make the company....you can find flexibility, work and family balance and
advancement opportunities to name a few.
Pros
you can move throuh the various organizations and open jobs to expand your portfolio of skills
Cons
The effects of globalization and remaining competive result in cost saving measures e.g. Job cuts
Transaction Processor/Maail Sorting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 10, 2017
When people tell me they hate their new job, I first want to know what, specifically, they hate about it. After all, when you start any new job, you tend to feel clumsy and ungainly, simply because everything’s new. You’re used to feeling competent, and now you don’t. This sense of discomfort might feel like failure or frustration—and that might be the source of your thoughts of quitting.

On the other hand, it could also be that the work wasn’t what was promised, your manager is useless, or the culture totally sucks. Those are things that may not get better over time.

Then, look at what is working. Maybe you’re working for a great company with potential for advancement. There might be great mentors and experienced professionals on your team to learn from.
Pros
Cons
working long hour and not getting paid enough
dead end job
Eligibility Specialist (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INDecember 27, 2016
management does not care about their employees at all. If they do not like you for any reason they go out of their way to make your life hard, or if you are friends with a person they don't like. it is a state contract job and they only want you to do your job half way. favoritism is rampant throughout the workplace and management does not know how each location operates. employees are not trained to properly do the job. no advancement and they do not give raises.
Pros
Cons
too many to list
Easiest $12 You'll Make
Transaction Processor (Current Employee) –  Erlanger, KYOctober 11, 2016
When I say 12 dollars, I mean it. That's all you will make. Unless you make friends with someone in management, then you can get some side deals where they add hours to your check.

There is no advancement and no raises. It's almost impossible to get fired so everyone works (or doesn't work) as much as they want. People show up whenever they feel like it and everyone else has to suffer.

If you are one of the few that believes in pulling your own weight, management will take advantage of you, and you will be pulling everyone else's weight too.

You will be promised the moon and given nothing.

Nepotism Trump's merit.
Pros
Better than welfare, I guess.
Cons
Bad management, no raises, no perks, low pay.
Do not apply !!!
Call Center Supervisor / Quality Assurance (Current Employee) –  Madison, MSJanuary 19, 2017
this company is very unprofessional. management is a joke ad only depends on how friendly you are and how willing you are to kiss up and tell on others. the company makes mistakes by allowing management to praise those who harm the company vs uplifting those who gets the jobs done. this place is full of drama and unprofessionalism. the sad part is that the people who are really doing their jobs are the ones who lose them.
#1 Simply the BEST!
Storage Administrator (Former Employee) –  Webster, NYDecember 9, 2016
I had the opportunity to work in several different positions within Xerox and would still be there had they not outsourced my Division. Xerox has a truly wonderful corporate culture, one that has stayed with me and served me well.
I had some terrific managers at Xerox, true open door policy, always willing to help an employee be the best they were capable of.
I worked with some brilliant minds at Xerox, and some not so brilliant minds. Almost everyone there was willing to share their knowledge. The hardest part of the job was being outsourced and supporting that effort.
The most enjoyable part is hard to define, the whole experience was good.
Pros
lots of opportunity, good salary, good work to do
Workforce Reductions
Information Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYAugust 29, 2016
Most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with the people I support and fixing technical issues they have.

Worst parts...
Labor reductions at the lowest levels while upper management continues to create new management positions to alleviate their workload.
Tight spending controls.
Outdated and out-of-service IT infrastructure.
Understaffed with few advancement opportunities.
Underpaid by Xerox standards, grossly underpaid by State averages.
Expensive/poor healthcare
Pros
It's a job. Culture could be great if they believed in it
Cons
Low quality of life compensation and benefits.
fun place to work. fast pace environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 16, 2017
a typical day at work consisted of calls. I was customer care for Verizon Wireless. I took inbound calls that involved new accounts current account info, bill payments. lost phones and activations. and I was able to do these tasks successfully. My management was great we had an open door relationship and worked close with one another everyday. we had coaching once a week which kept me on my toes. which I really enjoyed. The hardest part about my job I would say was the call volume sometime got a little out of hand. But other than that I enjoyed it very much.
Pros
amazing lunchroom options
Cons
the benefits were not very self help friendly
Dont do it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lacey, WADecember 28, 2016
The people here are nice when you're in training. As soon as it gets to the floor when you're taking calls, they are rude and expect you to be perfect. They say you don't read from scripts, but basically you do... If you come across an irate customer, they do little help. You better know how to de escalate customers.
NEVER apply to this job if you have an illness that's an ongoing situation, unless you are backed by the disability act. They do not accept doctors notes and have no sympathy for you even if you're in the hospital. 3 shots and you're out, end of story.
You are required to work overtime in the busy months, so if you want any life outside of work.. Good luck :)
Pros
Gifts from verizon, good pay/benefits
Cons
Management, rules, supervisors, team leads, customers