Xerox Employee Reviews

Found 6,632 reviews matching the search
Supervisors Are Misogynists
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, CONovember 28, 2016
Xerox has a supervisor that proudly expresses his dislike for women. Supervisor in this case wasn't trained to coach the agents but inappropriately calls them a derogatory name or labels them as stupid.

If you're in training it's appropriate to the trainer that allows the classroom to be disruptive so you don't learn anything. You're also treated with bias if you don't participate with topics that have no relevance to the training courses
Pros
Not a Thing
Cons
Misogynist Supervisors, Bitter Supervisors
Not personified environment and lacked proffesional
Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 24, 2016
This job was quite easy on how much you required to just sit around all day but the system was atrocious. The professional and just the overall urgency to like that job was pretty low. Overall pretty low basic job and lacked in how they took care of themselves and the calls that were coming in.
Pros
Just sit around
Cons
Not professional, No help, and no type of reasonable pay that was suited for that job
Dont do it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lacey, WADecember 28, 2016
The people here are nice when you're in training. As soon as it gets to the floor when you're taking calls, they are rude and expect you to be perfect. They say you don't read from scripts, but basically you do... If you come across an irate customer, they do little help. You better know how to de escalate customers.
NEVER apply to this job if you have an illness that's an ongoing situation, unless you are backed by the disability act. They do not accept doctors notes and have no sympathy for you even if you're in the hospital. 3 shots and you're out, end of story.
You are required to work overtime in the busy months, so if you want any life outside of work.. Good luck :)
Pros
Gifts from verizon, good pay/benefits
Cons
Management, rules, supervisors, team leads, customers
Working for Xerox was an incredibly positive experience as it was one of my first jobs.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 25, 2016
I absolutely loved my job! Management was absolutely phenomenal and understanding; helped when necessary and never made a fuss or was rude about technical problems regarding customer complaints that employees were not capable of solving.
Pros
Friendly customers, generally positive and relaxed work environnent
Cons
Occasionally customers were unpleasant and rude
Fast pase environment
Temporary Mail Room Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MONovember 25, 2016
Picked the mail up from the post office. Sorted mail and delivered every day (Monday-Friday) to every office. Had no help from other co workers. Other people would try to sort the mail and ended up putting mail and packages in the wrong locations and it caused mail and package to get lost. Told the other employees to put the mail and packages in a stack on my desk and I would sort it out so it would get to the correct locations but they never listened and did their own thing and I would get the blame for everything if something got lost or not delivered on time.
Cons
No breaks, No teamwork, No holiday pay, vacation, or sick leave.
Xerox is a professional employer
Lead Customer Business Representative (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILDecember 19, 2016
Over 39 years of experience with Xerox Corporation, I had the privilege of gaining and using interpersonal skills in my day to day job. I was able to excel in multiple positions and was able to balance work/life in a positive manner. The company afforded me the opportunity to gain my Bachelor's Degree.
Pros
Recognition for a job well done
Cons
Job required the need to move to Illinois
Okay Job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCDecember 11, 2016
This job is okay but the trainer that I had was a very fast person and didn't do much more than just speak a lot. This was not the best learning environment, by the time the class was over I was still lost but had learned a good deal.
Floor support had attitudes and they were very rude to us and were condescending.
You had some freedom and you did have some good deals here as far as discounts but they weren't the best.
Job was pretty interesting.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYDecember 29, 2016
I answered the phone and answered customers questions about Sprint phones. I took payments over the phone for their monthly bill. If they had questions about their bill, I would research threw the system and explain to the customer charges on the bill. If the customer was having trouble with the phone, I would go find out what type phone they had and do some basic troubleshooting steps with them.
Job outsourced
Data entry clerk (Former Employee) –  100 south crest drive Stockbridge ga 30281December 30, 2016
I worked there from April 22nd to 11/02/2015. Americans need work to. My job was sent overseas to be done cheaper. 34 years working for Suntrust then symcor then xerox. And laid off. We need work to. Sorriest place to work for and management was no help what so ever. Picked on by team leaders and co workers. Never would I recommend someone to work there. Sorriest company on earth.
Pros
Cons
Work outsourced, sorry management.
Fortune 500 company, challenge people to grow and push themselves.
Director of Operations - Retail & Finance Division (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 16, 2016
The DVP that I reported to as well as our RVP were to great leaders whom I learned a lot from because the kept feeding an employee who wanted to do more. I managed business in 5 call centers, 4 US, 1 in Canada. I also managed a global work force management team.
I was reasonable for the budget creation and P&L of my client portfolio.
The only reason I left was at the time I had two young children at home and I was missing too much of their lives. It was one of the toughest decisions I have had to make in my call center career.
Pros
Excellent growth opportunities and great leadership.
Cons
Travel was a bit much
Productive and friendly work place
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Webster, NYNovember 16, 2016
You come into work, clock in and get right on the phones depending on the day. Sometime you have a meeting before starting up with the phones, or sometimes even a coaching to help you better deal with customers. Whether you're amazing on the phones or not so good, it doesn't really matter because they work with you to get better.
Pros
Lots of benefits
Cons
Depending on your schedule, the mandatory overtime could not be so great
Unorganized with Lack of Communication
Technical Support Advisor (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 19, 2016
I have been with Xerox for a long time on various projects. The current project that I am on has many flaws within the communication between management and employees. It is not run in an efficient manner. The turn over rate is very high because of the quality of the majority of the people hired. The job is very stressful. I am thankful for all that I have learned regarding technology however.
Goal oriented
Customer Services representative (Current Employee) –  Montego Bay JamaicaNovember 12, 2016
as a CSR we are challenged daily to provide exceptional customer service to our members. Daily I learn to use different methods and approaches in meeting the needs of customers. Managers are ready and on call to support and assist our needs. Co-workers are like family we all support and shoulder responsibility equally. the hardest part is to ensure that customers are 100% satisfied as everyone is different. Getting together with co workers is by far the best part of the job as we are able to share our experiences and motivate each other.
Pros
free drives, activities
Cons
definitely short breaks
Call Center Life
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 3, 2017
Xerox a business solutions company contracted the Client Sprint PCS for their inbound customer service calls. I enjoyed the most part was talking to people from all over the United States, the worst part however was the times you would recieve those LTE upgrade calls because most customers would be irate. However it taught me to keep a good tone and make sure the customer at the end of the call was satisifed and/or the Issue was resolved. This being my first call center job I mastered the metrics they would base are pay off of and was segmented #1. Sadly Xerox decided to switch clients to Cox Communications and it was just downhill from there.
Pros
Stability, hours
Cons
Management and Supervisors didn't really hold up the Accountability part on support.
Poor management and very unprofessional
Customer Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 8, 2016
I worked for this company previously and it is a horrible job to work. Training does not teach you the entire job and the staff has no clue on how to run a business. I do not recommend anybody work for this company. Pay starts off at $11/hr and you do not receive any pay raises no matter how long you have been there.
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
managers and trainers are inexperienced
Xerox
Customer Care/Technical Support Trainer (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 25, 2016
A typical day at work can be stressful. I perform many job tasks each and every day. I am training customer service specialists, I also help with the development of Training Assistants and new Trainers. I am a payroll consultant for the entire training department. This is using Kronos and i'm responsible for the payroll of up to 120 separate employees. I am also responsible for training up to 30 learners in a 5 week period. I work very well with my co-workers and always make time to help to make sure they are being supported and providing them with best practices to make sure they are successful. The hardest part of my job is finding the time do all my work in an 8 hour work day. I love to grow and develop new learners.
Pros
job security
Cons
never enough time
hard to please management when they did not really know what you did
Provider Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYNovember 8, 2016
clock in bring up computer and various windows for job the answer phones and verify insurance information (most enjoyable part). management was aloof and did not really understand your job only knew how to run a call center, coworkers were hard to get along with and had their own agenda (worst part). learned how to verify insurance.
Pros
able to learn new things
Cons
not enough training and manager support
Not enjoyable
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Lacey, WANovember 7, 2016
The work itself isn't bad, it's the management that makes this place unbearable. They promote people with no management skills, soft skills, or empathy. They don't work to maintain associates, benefits are a joke, and it feels more like a clique rather than a work place. They randomly choose which rules to enforce and with whom they will enforce them with. Sink or swim mentality with little to no support. If you can get a job anywhere else, I would highly suggest it.
Pros
you get a paycheck
Cons
Stress, unrealistic metrics
Most awful facility
Provider Relations advocate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 6, 2016
It was the worst 10 months ever. I was mad everyday and it raised my blood pressure. I didnt enjoy working there. The management is a joke and turn around rate is outrageous. If they stop feeding the new hires pizza and donuts everyweek to cover up lies and deception that this place was a good place to work, maybe just maybe they could keep their other employees happy. Stop worrying about my starbucks cup on my desk and pay me more for the under appreciated work i am doing instead of worrying about petty things. Run a functional business and not this horrendous storm you call a business opportunity.
Pros
8-430 schedule.
Cons
Everything else.
Unberable if you dont have the right mindset
Customer Service Rep / Retention (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 6, 2016
Currently am working at the retention center they have in Charlotte. The pay is low for the work you do we basically do 3 dept jobs and get paid 10 an hour not to mention the condition of the ceneter. The chairs are old and falling apart the computers are old the cubical walls and floors are dirty. It looks extremely run down.
Pros
Several workable schedules to fit around your life / lifestyle
Cons
High turn over... low pay for what you do

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Xerox. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9