Xilinx Employee Reviews

Quality Leadership
Senior HR Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 22, 2017
Clients and HR Team were of the best caliber possible. Business leaders were down to earth, focused on doing the right thing, had lots of integrity, and were honest with us as an HR team when things went great, and when they wanted to see improvement, a true gift.
Xilinx Inc. Summary
Senior Telecom Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 25, 2017
I came to Xilinx in 1997 and thought that I would retire there which is what I still wish could have happened. I miss Xilinx, the culture, the people, the management, the direction, benefits. I don't blame Xilinx to a degree for letting me go due to my knowledge base which needed to improve but I didn't take the initiative to take advantage of the opportunity afforded to me. Xilinx is second to non when it comes to employee incentive, reward and recognition.
Pros
Xilinx is second to non when it comes to employee incentive, reward and recognition. Career advancement and training
Cons
Na
Productive and fun place
Lobby Attendant (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 10, 2017
Wonderful workplace with a very diverse group of talented individuals. There are a lot of company/community events which really helps to boost morale and really make this an exceptional place to work.
Pros
On site cafe
Hi-tech company
Software Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CaliforniaApril 2, 2017
Xilinx, Inc is an American technology company, primarily a supplier of programmable logic devices. It is known for inventing the field-programmable gate array. I worked in the sales department developing a sales dashboard.

The environment was typical hi-tech, with time sensitive projects.

The hardest part was attending many meetings while trying to do the job I was assigned. This caused many hours of working from home.

The most enjoyable was learning about programmable logic devices and given the freedom to develop software.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Travel time
Productive,fun and lot's of love environment.Great place to work!
Inventory Control Operator (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 31, 2017
They promote honesty. No punch in/punch out required-we rely mostly thru Ethernet and Internet for our daily basic chores. I learned
how to inter act with customers and vendors(stateside and overseas}.
This is a family oriented company(family first)..Excellent healthcare!
Enormous company discounts and generous company option...Great employee's and parking is never a problem!
Pros
All you can eat breakfast for reasonable price, coffee, tea and hot coco-all in the break rooms and clean lockers and bathrooms, basketball court and tennis too, good security on campus..
Cons
nothing that i can think of?
A great company to work
Senior Software Engineer/Staff Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 23, 2017
It's a great company to work. However it's a little bit far away from my home. But the good side is that I was against traffic. I missed my many friends there.
Intense, but excellent pay and benefits
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 17, 2017
Xilinx was personally a great work experience for me. The workweek is 50-60 hrs, with the expectation of electronic/mobile availability after hours and on weekends. The work environment is intense with a gruesome review process and semi-annual layoffs, yet the pay and benefits were excellent.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, and top class coworkers
Cons
Early mornings, late nights, lunch al desko...
Staff Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 3, 2017
Excellent work/life balance - outstanding culture - employees are generally happy to work here - people still greet each other rather than just pass by in the hallways without acknowledgement - management is accessible.
Good place to learn
Senior Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hyderabad, Andhra PradeshFebruary 22, 2017
I have learnt a lot of good things at Xilinx. This is my first company and first exposure to the corporate world. It has the perfect work-life balance.
do not go to Xilinx
Wireless Systems Specialist, Principal (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 20, 2017
do not go to Xilinx
terrible managers and decision makers
horrible HR systems
not very good salary compensation
very poor employee benefits
very competition work culture inside
Good company with solid plan to increase market cap
Senior Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 5, 2017
Depending on what kind of projects you have it could be exciting or boring at times. Learning is fast paced and it is up to you how you want to take your career to the next level. Managers for the most part are encouraging.
Pros
Good bonus program
Cons
beauracracy
Excellent place to develop a career
Senior Finance Director - Operations FP&A (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 4, 2017
Xilinx was an excellent place to develop a career.

The Company's management team is very conservative and addresses growth opportunities through organic means. This has resulted in the Company missing some big market opportunities which has resulted in stymied growth.
Pros
Excellent place to develop career skills
Cons
Very profitable, but marginal growth and career opportunities at director and above.
Fun place to work
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 27, 2016
Supervisors and engineering was very nice to work for, Learn many techniques. MS Excel, Word, MS ACESS Data base.I worked there for ten years laid off after ten years, Miss this place.
Pros
Cons
Laid off after ten years
Stable company with an aging workbase
Product Applications Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 27, 2016
Xilinx is a company that has a strong hold on its market. It is one of the two big dogs in its market. I love my team because we did such a good job hiring the right people. Everyone is friendly and works together well.

The hardest part of our job is that they always pile on more responsibility without much more compensation or training for it.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Below average pay, stability has begun to wane.
Amazing place to work
System Administrator 2 (Linux/VMware) (Former Employee) –  India, U.S.AOctober 15, 2015
Work culture is perfect and management is very supportive and open to new ideas and innovation at work.
High global presence will ensure you work with clients and colleagues from various backgrounds - personally and technically.
They ensure work-life balance is maintained by each employee.
They provide good perks and no insecurity felt inside the organisation
Product Marketing Eng (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 14, 2015
It's a good place to work especially for new colledge grads with reasonable compensation and benefits. There are many smart engineers who always put in 100%, though there are tons of red tapes and poor decision making among the top management teams.
Pros
Reasonable compensation and benefits
Cons
Poor management
Great place to work with excellent values
Event Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 18, 2015
Worked here for 7 years. Over that time I had 4 promotions, annual bonuses and raises, and was often recognized for my contributions. I truly felt I would stay and retire there is possible, but life took another turn. Overall I would say it was a great company to work for. I've heard things have changed, but there are many old timers still there.
Pros
Good benefits and great people
Cons
Large workloads due to downsize efforts made by the company
Xilinx is a good place to work
Global Trade Compliance Import/Export Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 10, 2015
I really liked working for Xilinx. However after 17 years in the export and import compliance field there was a re-ord and my position changed. Until this change I was really happy working for Xilinx. Now that I have been moved to another group I don't have the opportunities to grow that I previously had.
Pros
Great People!
Cons
Advancement is extremely difficult.
structured, flat organization
Sr. Corporate Strategy Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 8, 2015
Great coworkers focused on key areas of expertise, but sometimes the organization can be a bit siloed. Fluctuates between centralized and decentralized in organization.
Pros
company bbq and events
Cons
quarterly attrition
No vision Company
Staff HW Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 4, 2015
This is a sweat shop company in the Silicon Valley.

I have to work many weekends and holidays to achieve objectives without compensation or extra rewards.
Pros
Free tools
Cons
No team work, lots of back stabbers....so watch out

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Xilinx. Our community is ready to answer.