XL PARTS Employee Reviews

Great place to work really calm only con you have to use your own vehicle
Driver (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXMay 23, 2017
Great place to work people are great and kind. You have to use your own vehicle to deliver parts. You are able to get alot of overtime and they are flexible with schedules and also you work at your own pace.
Cons
You use your own vehicle
fast paced enviroment with close customer relationships
Store Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXMay 7, 2017
fast paced environment with daily, weekly, and monthly reports. manager in charge of maintaining schedules, routing, P & L, customer relations, and critical problem solving. Hardest part of the job is fitting everything into one day, best part is the great team members.
Pros
great team members
Cons
not enough communication among higher management
Good work enviornment, long lunch breaks with nice off days
Delivery Driver/Warehouse Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 25, 2017
Company friendly workplace that keep you busy. Co-workers were cool to get along with which made the day go smooth. Learned a lot about the auto parts industry and how the trade sales and distribution business works. The only downside is the call center technicians are sometimes confused about delivery orders. They would have me on a delivery in another part of the wrong town or gave me the wrong part order number to deliver. Other than that I would recommend this job because it's a people friendly workplace and I have met some awesome mechanics.
Pros
Good work enviornment, long lunches and cool auto shop owners
Cons
No benefits, Delivery drivers have to pay for own gas
fun work place, busy environment
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 5, 2017
Loved working for this company paid holiday and paid vacation, fast paced environment. I would see the same customers which were our regulars but that made it much better.
Pros
free lunches
Productive yet harsh work environment.
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 29, 2016
Job environment may be bearable but may be too unbearable within the warehouse. Routine one will learn to become comfortable,excel at their position in due time along with learning new things along the way. Favoritism and nepotism is a big thing there. Coworkers are reliable at times.Hardest part of the job would be lifting and carrying heavy products, time capacity. Most enjoyable part of the job were the benefits.
Pros
Free lunches at times, benefits, flexible schedule
Cons
Short breaks to none, harsh work environment, no growth, nepotism
ok place to work
Transporter of Mechanical (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 24, 2016
a typical job just complete your tasks at hand. i learned how the job can be demanding but you just go with the flow and complete your duties. The customers are nice
Wholesale auto parts distributor.
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 27, 2016
XL Parts is 15 years in business in the wholesale auto parts business. The focus in on service to professional installers of auto parts including dealerships, corporate auto retailers, independent installers and walk in customers.
Very Nice place to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  9530 Wilcrest Dr Houston, TX 77099January 22, 2016
Work in a environment full of professionalism and hard labor.
The manager is very organized and do everything on her power to make the deliveries on time and please the costumers.
Pros
Gas, T-shirts
Cons
Dangerous work conditions at the field
Fast paced call center environmnet
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 12, 2016
Loved working there. Fast pace makes time fly. Fun employees. excellent management. Selling skills sharpened from learning how to listen to customers at a fast pace
love relationships with my clients
Bilingual Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 5, 2015
Territory management with 200 accounts throughout DFW/Dallas. I love working with mu customers and giving them security regarding how to handle issues or teaching them regarding products or promos.
Warehouse Job with no Air Conditioning
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 1, 2015
Coworkers show no respect towards each other. No matters at all, which taught me how important respect was in order to work as a team. The job involved heavy lifting. Occasionally there was free food.
Pros
Sometimes free lunches
Cons
Not enough money, rude coworkers, heavy lifting, no air conditioning
Normal Day
Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 3, 2015
File orders for the day. Call client to collect on back billing. Send delivery drivers out to deliver auto parts. Make deposits for the store.
Very fast paced auto parts warehouse
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 6, 2014
I really enjoyed working for this company. I worked great with just about everyone there and the local shops. Pulling orders and checking them before sending them out with drivers to be delivered, handled the cash drawer and managed inventory of the warehouse. I did feel though as the area manager should have handled a situation a little differently involving a contracted driver for XL Parts,
Decent pay and consistent hours
Delivery Route Driver, Assistant Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  denton texasOctober 30, 2014
You have to use your own vehicle to deliver while making about 11/hr so you kinda get screwed on gas but there are dozens if not hundreds of things you can write off on your taxes as a subcontractor.
great coworkers to work with
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 11, 2014
This company has a great product and great personnel working for them. The sales force are not treated as a driving force but a unfortunate cost to the company.
No advancement opportunities unless your the bosses pet
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 25, 2014
A recent change in company culture due to new management has made XL an unfortunate place to work. The sales manager is a boss not a leader and favoritism is rampant and not based on job performance.
Medical benefits are expensive making it difficult to cover a family.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Poor leadership, expensive benefits
Feel like a pizza delivery driver with no tips.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Spring, TXMarch 13, 2014
I want to do something besides driving all day. Driving is getting old and I would like to prove to everyone I can do more than just drive.
Pros
I've known all the people at XL parts store for over 10 years.
Cons
Tired of driving
Great family oriented place to work.
Supervisor/Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJanuary 27, 2014
Everyone who works with XL is always friendly, helpful. I have learned more teamwork, a different approach to stressful situations.
I enjoyed every other Saturday off work, early during the week, compared to wheat I normally worked.
Great people, Great ideas, horrible management, horrible execution
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 16, 2014
You are required to travel on your own time.

You are required to front the companies expenses, to which they will pay you back in 30 - 45 days and deduct anything they don't agree that they should pay for.

The will pay 75% of your fuel cost if you are an employee that is required to be on the road. However, you will drive your own vehicle and will not be compensated for that or any mechanical issues that arise. You will drive A LOT of miles.

They will put your personal cell number on your business cards without asking.

A typical day at work is spent banging you head against the wall.

I learned that profit margin is the ONLY thing that matters in this line of business.

Management is a joke. What good people they had, they let walk away or forced them out with unreal expectations. The management they hire now are people who are not from the automotive business.

All the people that work there below management level are great people, very hard working.

The hardest part of the job is arguing with the home office about stuff like email, or why you need access to a certain report.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the people and the customers.
Pros
The people
Cons
Insurance sucks, no raises, bonus program is a joke, if you get sick, it costs you a vacation day.
Very challenging place to work
Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 14, 2013
Everyone in the company is expected to work 7am-7pm. As a salesperson you are watched through your gps on your cellphone and i-pad, called on when your not on your route and monitored by the drivers. I lost trust after my sales dropped after an accountant was hired. I enjoyed visiting 14-18 accounts per day which built lasting relationships. You also have meetings, training sessions, daily reports, and one on one meetings with managers.
Pros
Building my network kept contact information
Cons
Things that are promised at time of interview are never done

Ask a question about working or interviewing at XL PARTS. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9