XLA Employee Reviews

Find another company to climb the ladder with
Contract Specialist (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 16, 2016
This company feeds you lies. Smiles in your face, then stabs you in the back. No chain of command. No one is held accountable accept you. No reprimand channels in place. Project manger is the worst. And HR is no better.
Pros
good pay
Cons
No concern for contractors
Good learning expereince
HR Administrator/Benefits Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAMarch 10, 2016
A lot of work but room for growth. Joined before the acquisition and I'm not sure how the newest executives operate but it was a great experience that helped develop my current growth within federal contracting.
Fair
Contract Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 11, 2015
Difficult to communicate with management. High turn over ratio. Job Security is very low and so is the moral. No room to advance with the company.
Easy-going work site but also very productive workplace.
Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJanuary 2, 2014
My typical day is never typical and that's what I love about this position. I do something different everyday. My job isn't repetitive on a daily basis. My job requires alot of on the spot thinking and decision making for a busy enforcement group. The most enjoyable part of my job is the people I work with. My colleagues all have wonderful personalities and they are very easy to work with even during critical moments. I also have a great boss who is very understanding and appreciative of my ideas that I offer to him to help better the unit.
Pros
professional and easy-going workplace.
Cons
compensation
Personnel Security Specialist
Personnel Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VANovember 13, 2013
I am a Personnel Security Specialist that handles multiple security issues day by day.
Professional
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VAJuly 8, 2013
Medium-sized, professional organization that rewards performance and contracts support are diversified. From supporting law enforcement to USAID in international countries, there is a job for any type of person.

As Program/Project Manager, my typical day consists of managing team performance, ensuring projects are completed on-time and within budget, meeting all customer expectations, and mentoring junior level team members to excel. The most enjoyable part of my job is the end of result when a project is finished and seeing my team develop further in their career.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no parking reimbursement
Good Place to Work
Intermediate Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAMarch 13, 2013
XLA is a great company to work for. Exciting. Great benefits. Takes care of employees.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
none really
Good, long standing company
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 13, 2013
This is a good company, good beneifits, understanding management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at XLA. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5