XM Radio

XM Radio Employer Reviews

fun place to work
Arizona Strategic Marketing (Former Employee), Peoria, AZJuly 22, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no healthcare
had alot of fun working for them but the company I worked for closed down.
The Best Company I have had the pleasure of being with.
Regional Manager (Former Employee), NC and SCJanuary 2, 2014
This was the most exiting career that I have had, if the merger had not happened I would still be their. I still apply for everything that opens up in my area but to date there has not been one.
GREAT JOB
Telemarketer (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMay 1, 2013
Pros: great job
Cons: no cons
By far my favorite job
Unfortunately the company is closed down now
If they were to open back up I wouyld gladly go back
Marketing Services Intern (Former Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 18, 2013
Cool work, innovative thinkers, and smart people! Management was a class act and trusted people's way of thinking. Company culture and office were awesome!
Impossible to get hired
Applicant (Former Employee), Washington, DCOctober 3, 2012
Pros: great product
Cons: very difficult to get in, even for the experienced
I have more than eight years of experience and have been applying for jobs at XM Radio since I moved to the DC area five years ago. I am just seeking something part-time, and I've probably applied for more than fifty jobs and have been shot down for every single one without even getting an interview. My resume is good, I've tailored it to the job announcements, – more... and still nothing. What does it take to get a job there, even just something part-time or fill-in which is all I want? – less
its a job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), virginiaJuly 25, 2012
it was a temp job during the holidays, i didn't have to clock in or out call supervisors,,i was on my own.
Media Passion,Corporate Structure
Program Director, Fine Tuning (Former Employee), Washington, DCApril 26, 2012
Pros: free reign in programming
I spent the beginning 8 years with XM Satellite Radio and found it to be a thrilling and very productive work environment based on trust and imagination. Building a channel from total scratch was the most demanding yet special moments in which I was cherish for the rest of my life. All one needs to remember is that the creative juices needed to perform – more... at a 150% level at all times. The hardest part of the job was to remember all the co-workers names that were many and was always treated with respect. The company gave me the chance to create a channel that was far and away the "World's Most Interesting Music" as inviting the most amazing artists for the most discriminating fans (listeners). The chance to continue building after a merger of our competitor would have been a rising moment in the radio life of what Sirius XM would turn out to become. A great media outlet! – less
Rather good company, good benefits, but bad management.
Listen Care Representative (Former Employee), Galax, VAApril 25, 2012
Pros: good pay, plenty of hours
Cons: hectic work schedules, poor management
I learned a some phone and sales skills. The management told us what are goals were for the week and then stayed out of the way, but it also was very difficult to get management to help when the workers had a question or problem.
Good company
Reporter (Former Employee), Washington, DCApril 3, 2012
Pros: great people
Cons: the merge with sirius
I started with XM RADIO in 2001 doing freelance voice work. In 2004 I became a full-time Traffic Reporter until 2009.
Good product, poor customer service
Tier 2 Tech support (Former Employee), Augusta, GAFebruary 28, 2012
Pros: it was a job with minimal benefits
Cons: no focus on the actual job.
I worked for XM Radio through a company called Sitel. The problem with Sitel is that they are not interested in satisfying the customer's demands, but are rather more interested in making sure their numbers look good for XM Radio. I believe this caused a conflict between customer satisfaction and job performance.
Working for XM Radio was great in terms of salary and benefits.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE - Inbound (Former Employee), Quezon City, Metro Manila, PhilippinesJune 29, 2013
Pros: free meals and salary & income was good as we were given commission for every sale, subscription and collection made.
Cons: irregular working hours as work assignments were on a two weeks rotation basis.
Quota set for radio sales and subscription was within reasonable bounds and attainable. Interaction with their customers was a learning experience.
Customer Server
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee), Panama cityApril 11, 2013
• Data entry and handling of personal information.
• Provided customer service and resolved complaints.
• Achieved sales goals and provided Tech-support.