XO Communications

XO Communications Employee Reviews

Very low moral in office. No structure or challenge
Technical Customer Care Rep - Contractor (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 24, 2015
Pros: the job was temporary
Cons: no structure in management
As a temporary contractor, the amount of training was minimal. This gives the impression the company doesn't take seriously the customers expectations. Was a very difficult position to function in due to the lack of structure and co-worker support.
na
Sr. Financial Analyst - Contract (Current Employee), Plano, TXJuly 22, 2015
Pros: na
Cons: na
na - contractor .sdfdfsdfsfdsfsfsdfsfafdafffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff fffffffffffffffffff fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
Excellent work ethic and many tenured employees who love working there.
HR Business Partner (Former Employee), Plano, TXJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Ability to work from home periodically.
Cons: The business has struggled with the Sales targets.
I enjoyed my four years at XO Communications as an HR Business Partner supporting mainly the IT organization but many Engineering clients as well. The tenured employees amazed me as there were some pretty lean years when no merits were given and reduced bonuses, but the employees loved this company and were extremely loyal. Those who may have left for other jobs or from reduction in force, when given the opportunity they would come back when an opening came up. It was amazing!

My job was impacted by an HR restructure unfortunately and so I am now searching for another position. The HR organization is an exceptional team of professionals that are collaborative, accountable, communicative, respectful and supportive at all times. Just the kind of environment that an individual can thrive in,.
Typical Day
Sr. Java Developer (Current Employee), Plano, TXJune 22, 2015
XO360 Application provides different services Order, Monthly Invoices, Total Revenue, Change Request’s and Ticket’s for different CSM, Finance Internal Customers.It collects data from different Downstream Systems Siebel, Remedy and Catch and upload data using ETL process.
XO Communications
DS3/E3,DS1/E1 Carrier Technician (Current Employee), Lone Tree, COMay 25, 2015
Pros: Good medical, great investment plan.
Cons: Unable to work for them outside the United States
Great company! Good salary, advancement opportunities. Loved the work environment. Enjoyed working with co-workers, management always very approachable. Excellent opportunities for overtime. Very flexible for working from home.
extremely challenging environment
Project/Program Management (Former Employee), IllinoisMay 12, 2015
Pros: Highly knowledgeable and experienced staff
Cons: culture, reduction/ removal of flex work time (work/life balance), compensation, little or no recognition, little or no career pathing
XO is a challenging place to work. The employees are overworked and compensation is less than satisfactory in most cases. The Management could use some on-going "Management training" (culture building, empowering employees, conflict resolution, motivating teams & career building) separate from the mandatory HR training that is provided regarding state and federal laws and XO's responsibility to uphold them.

XO has many knowledgable employees who work very hard to help XO succeed. The hardest part of working at XO is the fact the culture and the upper management teams need an overhaul. Due to the amount and complexity of the strategic initiatives the company puts out, the employees are often under a lot of stress and very rarely is there an appropriate level of recognition, empowerment or work/life balance.
Great position
Sr. EXECUTIVE - TRAINING COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 8, 2015
Pros: Travel, face to face, training
Cons: Telecom companies were not stable
Working for XO Communications was a great position. I enjoyed traveling to the national and major accounts and training them face to face on their telephone systems, their billing systems and helping them to have a positive customer service experience.
Very stressful and demanding environment
ILEC ESCALATION MANAGER (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 26, 2015
Pros: people (coworkers) are very family oriented
Cons: business demands are very stressful
the workers are very family oriented and fun loving. that atmosphere helps keep the stress levels at a manageable level.
Shaky finances
Executive (Former Employee), Herndon, VAApril 2, 2015
Pros: location
Cons: everything else
Poor management and lack of concern for employees. Employees are left wondering if the company will be in business the next day. Ultimately left due to unstable finances and business outlook.
Would be a great place to work if everyone did their part.
Client Services (Former Employee), Nashville, TNMarch 22, 2015
Pros: ice and coffee machine
Cons: parking, management
Being a dedicated, persistent, and knowledgeable worker was not enough. The amount of work going on outside of YouTube, group discussions and personal text messages was sub par.
Great job oppurtunitites
Manager/CO team lead (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 21, 2015
Pros: able to work on multiple equipment
Cons: n/a
Daily operations of a central office and data center. Install and maintain transport and data networking equipment. Install and maintain customer equipment and connections.
I get a company vehicle where I am usually out in the field with little supervision.
Network Field Technician (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 15, 2015
Pros: company vehicle
Cons: healthcare, job security and advancement
On a typical day I usually have 5 to 8 dispatches assigned to me for that day. I research them finding out what the work involves along with what equipment is required. The dispatches may involve a new install for a customer, the repair of service for a customer who is down, or a dispatch to work on an inside network issue. Most of my interaction with my coworkers are over the phone in the assistance with the turn-up to our network. I get along well with my manager and I am able to get any needed support when an issue may arise. The hardest part of my job is the heavy traffic in some of the areas I travel. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the fact I am out in the field meeting new people and not sitting in the office all day.
Hard Worker
Inside Channel Account Manager (Former Employee), Oak Brook, ILMarch 9, 2015
My Typical day at work would be Getting contracts and pricing for Agents that sold the companies product. I learned a lot in the Telecom field with 15 years experience. My Co-Workers were great to work with and spoke with them on a daily basis. I think the hardest part of my job would have to be not getting everything out on the day that it was received, the most enjoyable part of the job would be working with the agents and sometimes customers and helping them out weekly.
No direction
Sr. Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee), St Louis MoFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: coworkers
Cons: too many to list
Long work day, nights and days most of the time. learned a lot by being over worked, no time for life outside work that was left for sleep. Reasonable coworkers that moved on as well. Management had lots of internal sturggle for position, seemed a bit cut throat among themselves. Network operations issues are addressed by the vendor these days, and they seem to be coasting along, to sell out. Hardest part were the long hours and lack of appreciation. Good part was good people to work with on a technical level.
15 years of service in the same site, there wasn’t anything I didn’t know about this Central Office.
Tech III CO Tech (Former Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 17, 2015
My duties at this central office consisted of working orders for cross connects and new equipment installs for XO customers. Working trouble tickets as they were opened. Monitored and maintained all AC/DC (UPS Power, Generator) power equipment at the site and the HVAC system. Duties also included operating the fire suppression system and security systems.
Worst experience of my life
Regional Sales Learning Manager (Current Employee), Los AngelesFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: in down town
Cons: all they above mentioned things
Poor management
No job security
limited places to sale
bad service delivery
high turn-over
bad internal processes
no CRM
A lot of work for little pay
Central Office Technician (Former Employee), Fremont, CAFebruary 14, 2015
Cons: no sharing or supporting of information to do a job.
As a central office tech, we covered a large area. The company required you to complete a minimum of tasks on every shift, without regard for the amount of time you had to spend on a task or the distance you had to travel to do the task.
great place to work
Chief Engineer (Former Employee), Plano, TXFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: easy to get time off
Cons: on call 24/7
normally a 8 hour day, everybody gets along with one another.
every day was a new adventure. the hardest part of the job was when an ac unit would go down in the data center and having to get it back up quickly to avoid a data shut down.
Telecom Sales Manager
Account Executive (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 9, 2015
Sold telecom, Cold calling, managed sales team, went on appointments with sales reps. Interviewed new hires and trained sales reps on how to make cold calls.
Great Traning Program but Lacking in Back Office and Installation Support
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: wall street location
Cons: bad reputation with clients
Great training program, fun work environment, co-workers are friendly and management is always there to help. However,
most clients have already had a bad experience with Client
Support and will not return.

1 2 3 4 5

About XO Communications

XO Communications is a leading broadband communications service provider offering a complete set of communications services, including: – Read more

XO Communications Salaries