XO Communications Employee Reviews

Productive environment
Installation and Repair Manager (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 18, 2018
Good place to work. Leading edge technologies. Never bored. Good cultural experience in workplace. Enjoyable place to work because of the learning environment.
Pros
Good place to work.
Cons
low pay
productive and fun environment
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJanuary 11, 2018
There was a ping pong table when we were located in Portland, it was a great stress reliever while at work. It was great to work with team members to find answers to issues. The social events for holidays were very enjoyable. I learned alot about different communication systems and programming.
great
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  washington DCJanuary 11, 2018
very fast paced yet accommodating. small sales team, great environment competitive yet team members were supportive of each other. It was a great place to work and never a dull moment!
Pros
lunch at weekly meetings
Cons
traveling to office before heading to field
Okay place to work
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Reston, VADecember 18, 2017
Decent mid sized company and lucrative for sales reps not backoffice finance/accounting. Middle Management is way underpaid there. Sales are the way to go at XO.
Pros
A few nice corporate events
Cons
encouraged long hours w/o OT pay, high pressure little appreciation
This was a good telecommunications company
Regional Carrier Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 12, 2017
I'm not sure my review is relevant as it has been years since I worked there. Since I left this company has been through bankruptcy and acquisition and no longer know the culture at XO.
Working For a CLEC you should know what you face....
Quality Engineer IV (Former Employee) –  All of the US plus NE CanadaDecember 11, 2017
I spent 17+ years at this company. There were high points and lows. The people that worked there were the best part. Our network was well maintained and constantly expanding but how much $$ was available was always a concern, there were no deep pockets like the LECs.
XO is a good person to work
Project Coordinator/Project Management (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXDecember 7, 2017
Management could use some sensitivity training, but otherwise it is a good place to work. The environment was good and there were some great employees there.
professional and a great place to work
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 7, 2017
Worked with a great team of professionals, achieved our goals in a timely manner, fast pace but non-stressful - management backed our needs - great place to work.
Great culture
Cslt Eng - Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 16, 2017
Very relaxed culture. Everyone were extremely friendly and supportive of each other. If you had a question my colleagues would help asap in answering my question.
A Great Company going thru a lot of changes
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, CONovember 15, 2017
I was employed with XO Communications from 2007 until 2016. During this time, the company saw many changes, going from being publicly traded to privately owned, and then being sold off/acquired by Verizon. The strong points of the company are it's products and dedication of employees and good and fair management teams. I enjoyed the time I was employed here. I had to end my employment due to unforeseen medical emergency/circumstances with a family member that required my full attention, otherwise I would still be employed here today, and loving every minute of it.
Good Company
Provisioner /Circuit Designer II (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 14, 2017
This company reinvented itself and keep promises. This company was a struggling company but they pushed though the past and created a solid company that showed the community that they knew data.
Pros
Good Managemnt
Cons
Legacy database holding up the company progress
Great Place to Work
Major Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 14, 2017
XO communications provided cost effective solutions with a high rate of installations with no issues. XO was a great place to work and provided training for individual development.
Pros
Great Commissions
Cons
too many commission structure changes
A productive and fun place to work
XO/Verizon Billing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTNovember 13, 2017
Being on the phones was stressful, however the supervisors were always there to help, I learned not to take customers aggression personally, but to be calm and helpful.
Learning Specialist I-II (Former Employee) –  Wyomissing, PANovember 3, 2017
The average tenure at XO Communications is/was high because the company cared for its employees. We had great benefits and work did not feel like you were looked at as just a working machine. The people there really valued each other and the office atmosphere was very relaxed.
Readily good company
Installation and Repair Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 30, 2017
I met some really good people here that taught me all about the telecommunications business. Loss of respect for my managers and peers here. I regret leaving this company.
Relaxed Place
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 25, 2017
Easy work environment with a great balance between work and personal life. Management can be lax at times but that isn't a bad thing. Offers employees the option to work from home once a week.
Pros
Relaxed Environment
Cons
Management can be lax
Fun and relaxed environment
IT SUPPORT ADMINISTRATOR I (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 24, 2017
Typical day at work would be come into the office, check the queue, take assignment of your tickets and go out on the field. Talking to management was a little hard because they would be on calls every single day. Sometimes special requests for hardware or being on the lookout for hardware was last minute and stressful. Users and team are really great although there are a few bad eggs, but not enough to ruin your day. Hardest part of this job was the logistics part because we don't have software to manage inventory so we had to manually input every single piece of hardware into an excel sheet. The best part about this job was the flexibility and non micro management.
Pros
No micro management
Cons
Poor communication
Good Company
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 19, 2017
XO was a good company with lots of great people on our team. Had a tremendous amount of success with the sales organization. Customer struggled to maintain customer relationships and ultimately struggled to grow.
Maintain project timelines and team player
Project Manager/Sr. Project Order Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 18, 2017
When i first started this company was fast paced and customer interface. Maybe i was a little over my head but i quickly learned the ropes and joined the busy and knowledgable competitor in the Telecommunications industry.
Pros
Management and team player atmosphere
Cons
with continued growth sometimes not enough time to thoroughly learn everything
Do not wish to share my reviews
Service Delivery Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 17, 2017
Look I can't get passed this portion of the review. XO Communications has its points as and a company and it also has it downfalls as a company. What company is perfect.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at XO Communications. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8