XO Communications Employee Reviews

Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 18, 2017
XO C immunizations was a great company to work for . It had a great vibe to it when telecom was just coming to its own. At that time telecom was a great industry to work for.
I had a great 17 years so far
FACILITIES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 13, 2017
Great work balance and a very good place to work. The company has always been fair to the employees. Fair pay and a great group of employees.
Great
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORFebruary 5, 2017
This was a great call center to work in and would go back to work for them if they still had a call center in Beaverton Oregon. Great people and did a great job training
work with great enterprise accounts
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 28, 2017
I was fortunate to have a great experience and was lucky to work with great manager and director at the time of my employment. Had a great team, teamwork was so wonderful.
Unfortunately when merger happened and their was a lot of uncertainty.
I was blessed to work with great accounts and learn the executive enterprise role in the market which set me up for future success.
Pros
great manager and director at the time
Cons
merger happened
A Productive place to work
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJJanuary 26, 2017
XO is a great company.The benefits are not that great. The flextime is a great thing and the work from home policy is a great perk. I would recommend it as a good place to work.
XO communication
.net developer (Current Employee) –  plano,texasJanuary 18, 2017
XO Communications is one of the nation’s largest communications service providers. Exclusively serving businesses, large enterprises and other telecommunications companies and keeping business going strong. It has several offices all over USA.
It was a great place to work.
Order Entry Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wyomissing, PAJanuary 15, 2017
The people were the best part of the job. Everyone was super friendly. Job was tough to learn but management was great, always there to help. Every month they had appreciation days where food was bought for everyone to enjoy.
Pros
The people
Loved this company
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 13, 2017
I would still be working for XO had they not closed the Nashville customer care department. I loved helping the customers that called in. Great pay and rewards for hard work.
Pros
Made you feel like family
Cons
they closed the nashville office
Oh god kill me
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTNovember 13, 2016
Terrible, terrible place to work. Mangers are not nice they tell you did something wrong with no advice on how to fix it. They would get snippy about answering questions. I once got my butt chewed because I used a managers hand sanitizer without asking. The people are way over worked because they keep cutting back the workforce but expect you to take more responsibilities without getting a pay raise. I was shocked at the sate of the company addresses, "We only lost 50 million the last quarter, this shows a slowing," WHAT!!!! ONLY 50 million. Guess Icahn have more money than brains.
Pros
no weekends, free food once a week.
Cons
bad managers, no guidance, No room for promotion.
All about the people
Information Technology (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 18, 2016
The major draw of XO has always been the talented and good people. Old NEXTLINK culture from 15 years ago is still around but just barely. The teams just get things done and most employees feel like they own their work.
Pros
Collaborative culture fostered by the old timers. People will pound on things until they get done.
Cons
Years of cost cutting takes a toll.
great basic job
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 12, 2016
Very upbeat, happy and fun place to work. I have learned a little about telecommunications. The management isn't always all on the same page with "rules". Co-workers are great, nice, fun, kind people. Hardest part of the job is trying to figure out what/who the customer is with NO information sent. The most enjoyable part is working from home one day a week. I would rather work from home everyday.
Great Company to gain experience
Sr. Manager Strategic Sourcing (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VASeptember 24, 2016
XO Communications, LLC is a great company to gain job experience. There is never a dull moment. Most positions encompass more than one function.

Company is currently being acquired by Verizon.
Pros
Variety, Opportunity to Learn and Grow
Cons
Work-Life balance; benefits and compensation
Not a great place to work
Billing Dispute Management (Former Employee) –  Reston, VASeptember 17, 2016
Not geared toward family, goal driven, no incentives, no yearly or Christmas bonus, treated like a number and not a person. Over all not a good place to work.
Pros
Cons
no incentives
The people are the best in the business
Service Delivery Coordinator I (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, COAugust 23, 2016
The company tends to pay on the lower side of the scale. The people that work there are all great and they encourage teamwork. The people are what makes it a decent company to work for
A good place
Provisioner (Former Employee) –  Wyomissing, PAAugust 2, 2016
XO Communications was a great company to work for. The compensation was fair and the coworkers made the day easier.
Liked the position was not impressed with management or the corporate culture
Client Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 29, 2016
Enjoyed the position, however management was not impressive no competent. Working conditions were relaxed my fellow employees were was supportive of each other and helpful. My direct manager did not know enough about the products and services we provided so she was not very helpful when needed. I preferred not to have her input on issues with clients.
Loved it while there.
Sr. Business Acquisition Manager (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTJuly 6, 2016
I really enjoyed this company and what it offered and really felt I would be very successful here.
Training was top level.
The main reason I considered the move to come to XO was my Manager, AWESOME Guy!
Pros
All of these above
Cons
Purchase may have affected the acquisition teams nationwide.
Just a little about myself
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 16, 2016
I'm a self motivated and hard working candidate who eagerly love to work in a fast paced and competitive environment. Great Company
Company Management in South Florida was less than desirable
Enterprise Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLMay 26, 2016
4 managers in 12 months - all with different visions. maybe with the company being sold to Verizon the culture will improve in South Florida's team.
Good Company to work for
Billing/Financial Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 23, 2016
The pay was good at the company. Had the ability to move around. Learned a lot about telecommunications. Work environment was good.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at XO Communications. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6