XO Communications Employee Reviews

Great culture
Cslt Eng - Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 16, 2017
Very relaxed culture. Everyone were extremely friendly and supportive of each other. If you had a question my colleagues would help asap in answering my question.
A Great Company going thru a lot of changes
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, CONovember 15, 2017
I was employed with XO Communications from 2007 until 2016. During this time, the company saw many changes, going from being publicly traded to privately owned, and then being sold off/acquired by Verizon. The strong points of the company are it's products and dedication of employees and good and fair management teams. I enjoyed the time I was employed here. I had to end my employment due to unforeseen medical emergency/circumstances with a family member that required my full attention, otherwise I would still be employed here today, and loving every minute of it.
Good Company
Provisioner /Circuit Designer II (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 14, 2017
This company reinvented itself and keep promises. This company was a struggling company but they pushed though the past and created a solid company that showed the community that they knew data.
Pros
Good Managemnt
Cons
Legacy database holding up the company progress
Great Place to Work
Major Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 14, 2017
XO communications provided cost effective solutions with a high rate of installations with no issues. XO was a great place to work and provided training for individual development.
Pros
Great Commissions
Cons
too many commission structure changes
A productive and fun place to work
XO/Verizon Billing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTNovember 13, 2017
Being on the phones was stressful, however the supervisors were always there to help, I learned not to take customers aggression personally, but to be calm and helpful.
Learning Specialist I-II (Former Employee) –  Wyomissing, PANovember 3, 2017
The average tenure at XO Communications is/was high because the company cared for its employees. We had great benefits and work did not feel like you were looked at as just a working machine. The people there really valued each other and the office atmosphere was very relaxed.
Readily good company
Installation and Repair Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 30, 2017
I met some really good people here that taught me all about the telecommunications business. Loss of respect for my managers and peers here. I regret leaving this company.
Relaxed Place
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 25, 2017
Easy work environment with a great balance between work and personal life. Management can be lax at times but that isn't a bad thing. Offers employees the option to work from home once a week.
Pros
Relaxed Environment
Cons
Management can be lax
Fun and relaxed environment
IT SUPPORT ADMINISTRATOR I (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 24, 2017
Typical day at work would be come into the office, check the queue, take assignment of your tickets and go out on the field. Talking to management was a little hard because they would be on calls every single day. Sometimes special requests for hardware or being on the lookout for hardware was last minute and stressful. Users and team are really great although there are a few bad eggs, but not enough to ruin your day. Hardest part of this job was the logistics part because we don't have software to manage inventory so we had to manually input every single piece of hardware into an excel sheet. The best part about this job was the flexibility and non micro management.
Pros
No micro management
Cons
Poor communication
Good Company
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 19, 2017
XO was a good company with lots of great people on our team. Had a tremendous amount of success with the sales organization. Customer struggled to maintain customer relationships and ultimately struggled to grow.
Maintain project timelines and team player
Project Manager/Sr. Project Order Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 18, 2017
When i first started this company was fast paced and customer interface. Maybe i was a little over my head but i quickly learned the ropes and joined the busy and knowledgable competitor in the Telecommunications industry.
Pros
Management and team player atmosphere
Cons
with continued growth sometimes not enough time to thoroughly learn everything
Do not wish to share my reviews
Service Delivery Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 17, 2017
Look I can't get passed this portion of the review. XO Communications has its points as and a company and it also has it downfalls as a company. What company is perfect.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
XO Communications, a Verizon Company
Project Management-Service Delivery Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wyomissing, PAOctober 6, 2017
XO Communications became part of Verizon in 2017 and as a result, several large offices were relocated to Dallas, TX. Currently, there is a limited opportunity for career advancement in other locations other than in TX.
Pros
Relocation package
Cons
Limited career advancement
Great company and awesome group of people to work with
Manager - Accounting (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 6, 2017
XO was a great company to work for and my co-workers were awesome. We looked out for each other and helped one another whenever we could. Unfortunately when the company relocated to Reston, VA, all the Bellevue, WA employees were laid off, few were given the option of relocating. The company and culture have changed over the years, so I can't speak to the current work environment.
Xo
Carrier Collections Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 6, 2017
I enjoyed working at XO Communications. I would still work there if our collections department had no been outsourced to India. I loved who I worked under, I learned a lot from her
Productive team environment
Lead Technician - Transport (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 28, 2017
XO Communications was a good company to work for. I learned alot about fiber and DWDM optical systems with this company. It was a team environment in which we all shared knowledge in order to complete our mission and get the job done. XO is now officially Verizon communications. The company was purchased in 2016.
Pros
Team Environment. Good learning Envirnment.
Cons
Controlled OT via comp time. Healthcare not great.
Good Team
Consultant -Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 12, 2017
Management appeared to be a cohesive team in how to plan and execute on delivery of IT projects. There was open discussions on most activities - sometimes restrictive but not as a rule. XO has been purchased by Verizon - so, may be different now.
XO was purchased by verizon
Centralized Client Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 11, 2017
XO was a mid-level Voice and Data provider to business with a decent sized fiber network footprint. Verizon purchased XO for the fiber network footprint and XO no longer exists as a separate entity.
Pros
life/work Balance was great
Cons
advancement was limited
Fun place to work
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHSeptember 7, 2017
The work culture was great. This was many years ago and the people I worked with are no longer there. It was a good job with good benefits and a quality product.
Pros
Good culture, good benefits
Cons
I worked there many years ago. Not the same staff
Ok place to work.
SENIOR ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 6, 2017
Learned a great deal about telecom services and solutions. Management was ok and workplace culture was also fine. Hardest part of the job was staying consistent with sales.
Pros
Office Environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at XO Communications. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7