XO Communications

XO Communications Employer Reviews

A great,enthusiastic and highly successsful office for 8 out of the 10 years I was there.
Office Coordinator (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNAugust 20, 2014
Pros: i increased my salary 24% for going above and beyond in my role in the 10 years i was employed, management always foud ways to reward those employees who were doing a great job, and they never forgot about non sales employees.
Cons: the last 2 years of my employment was very sad, the sales dept was run by uneducated leaders, sales dropped, good people left, quality of sales staff also was quite sad andveral morale was horrid.
Talented staff, successful sales, good pay, benefits, lots of perks. Then about 2012 things started going downhill fast. Very shake leadership, many new faces came and went, XO did not want to spend money on upkeep of sales buildings, so along with the sales plummeting, poor local and national leaders,the appearance of our facility also began its decline. – more... My position was eliminated in Feb. 2014 due to budget costs and I welcomed the change. – less
Tough telecom environment
Project/Program (Current Employee), Herndon, VAAugust 15, 2014
Tough Telecom environment. Go in with your eyes open. To be successful you have to find out the folks that guide you through all of the systems etc
Depneding on the location the environment is peaceful.
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee), Lone Tree, COAugust 12, 2014
Cons: stressful environment, short lunches, no growth opportunity.
The environment in other locations is not so peaceful. It felt more like I was working in a high school environment. However, in one of the other locations it was very peaceful and the employees provided assistance and was very knowledgeable in helping me to grow and learn more of my role.

The management within one facility was not so delightful. It – more... was actually quite weird to hear the verbiage that was utilized and to see how interaction took place between employees and management.

The hardest part of the job was getting others to show you what how to do your job better verses just huffing and puffing and doing it themselves. Once I returned to my starting location I was more at peace and I received more training assistance with my role as well as other tech roles.

The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to travel to different states if I wanted to move. – less
A learning experience
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee), Atlanta GeorgiaAugust 11, 2014
Although I learned a lot at XO it wasn't the best fit for me. It was managed by intimidation and I only stayed there a year.
Love it
Strategic Client Services Consultant (Current Employee), Los Angeles. CAAugust 7, 2014
I am passionate about what i do. I love to talk with individuals
( internal/external) clients to see what drives them, what excites them and what challenges them.
And then in turn how I can assist them in reaching their short/long term goals. Along with meeting their company goals.

Everyday is a new adventure for me.
During this time, I
Tier II DATA Repair Technician (Current Employee), Saginaw, MIAugust 1, 2014
A resourceful, innovative, and versatile professional with over three years experience in electronics/IT industry. During this time, I have gained experience in testing and troubleshooting equipment, developing and executing plans, as well as resolving customer and company escalated issues efficiently and professionally.
friendly environment
TECHNICAL SALES/ORDER ENTRY COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Waltham, MAJuly 29, 2014
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: empty office
The office environment was almost a second place like home. The sales people and sales support was always so friendly and help each other when needed.
Productice Environment
Directory Listings Manager (Former Employee), DallasJuly 21, 2014
Opportunity for advancement and overall good working environment.
Enjoyed the job and the rewards for achieving daily and weekly quotas.
Client Services Manager (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 17, 2014
Pros: time/work balance
Cons: management
The job was a challenge and many customers had a previous bad experience with the company. Management seemed to not want to make any decisions for fear of loosing their job.
Great Place to work.
Collections Representative (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 16, 2014
Had to learn how to adapt to change. We all worked good together as a family.
Productive and fast paced workplace.
Customer Implementation Agent (Former Employee), Wyomissing, PaJuly 9, 2014
Goal driven environment and very family oriented. Learned a lot about the telecom industry and the goals were set high but if you put your mind to it, you could get the work done on time.
Temp job close to home
NOC engineer (Former Employee), Lonetree, COJuly 8, 2014
Pros: job with a short commute
Cons: job ended
This was a temp job and was never intended for permanent
As a NOC engineer I troubleshot long haul and local issues with various Telco providers using NetAnalyst/Centest in the following DACCs ALCATEL 1630, 1631, TELLABS 532L, 5500 and SONET networks.
Overall not a bad place to work but there is a constant changing of upper management and corporate direction
Client Services Manager (Current Employee), Southfield, MIJune 24, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: multiple lay-offs
Company has gone through a significant amount of change in the past 4 years and continues to change corporate direction.
great place to work
Client Services Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 10, 2014
strong management with good work/life balance. I learned about new products including hosted PBX. great peers. Manageable work loads
Good Experience
Major Accounts Manager (Former Employee), Oak Brook, ILJune 9, 2014
Overall it was a good experience as a Major Account Sales person.
Exciting sales environment
Sales Account Executive (Current Employee), Herndon, VAJune 8, 2014
Industry leading ISP operates an award winning network. Prospecting fortune 500 companies. Management leads with unending support. Co-workers provide support with enthusiasm. Un-capped commissions.
Nice Company
Payroll Clerk/ File Clerk (Former Employee), Reston, VAJune 4, 2014
Pros: quiet atmosphere
Cons: good people
A good work place with good people...worked as a team and made sure all tasked was completed by the end of work day
Loved the job, but unstable management practices
National Repair Technical Lead (Former Employee), Saginaw, MIJune 3, 2014
I loved the job I did for my customers. I worked daily fixing Vocie and data communication systems all over the US. I worked well with many of the managers but senior management seemed to be out of touch with our day to day jobs. There are many great people at the company or rather were, layoffs were yearly.Customer base kept growing but labor force – more... kept being reduced. – less
OK place to work
CENTRAL OFFICE TECHNICIAN II (Former Employee), Fremont, CAMay 25, 2014
Cons: the benefit package was not good at all.
I was able to take on tasks and learn as opportunities presented themselves. The most difficult part of the position was the wide area we had to cover. I was based in Fremont but covered an area from San Luis Obispo to Suisun city, a 2-3 hrs drive in either direction. Toward the end of my tenure, our vans were taken away and we had to drive our own – more... vehicles to and from work. – less
Challenging and Evolving Company that challenges you to think beyond technology today
Sr. Account Executive (Former Employee), Nashville, TNMay 16, 2014
Great place to wear several hats, expand your knowledge while growing. Fun culture, calm environment and great teammates

1 2 3 4 5

About XO Communications

XO Communications is a leading broadband communications service provider offering a complete set of communications services, including: – Read more

XO Communications Photos