XO Communications Employee Reviews

Dead end gig
Sales (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 12, 2018
Churn and burn, bang phones, sell commodity where XO is neither the technology, service or price leader. Daily micromanagement and zero company culture. Meetings at 8am sharp and late afternoon to make sure you're there for 40hrs.
XO Communications was acquired by Verizon.
Partner Channel Dir/Sr.Sales Mgr. Partner Channel (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 9, 2018
XO Communications was acquired by Verizon. The two company cultures are quite different. XO was a much smaller company environment. Verizon is quite large with rigid segmentation.
Zombie Company
Enterprise Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 6, 2018
XO felt like it was just shuffling paper around. People were not motivated. They had lost their footing in the market I worked in. Now that Verizon has swallowed them it may get better.
Telephone company
LAN Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 2, 2018
* Coordinate and assist in the configuration, installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and fine-tuning of LAN including all hardware, software, telecommunications, and networking components.
* Build, deploy, monitor performance and administration of NT workstations/servers
* Install, configure, maintain and update existing and new software on workstations/servers
* Create and manage user accounts
* Provide technical assistance and help desk user support by diagnosing and resolving end user operating problems
* Backup data on server's daily using Veritas Net Backup software while monitoring and regulating server storage space.
* Responsible for maintaining IT equipment and software inventory based on forecasts and reports of required equipment.
Pros
Work with lots of people
Xo
Carrier Account Manager (National Sales) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 29, 2018
good work environment

the management was supportive

the sales goal were steep but the compensation was fantastic

a lot of travel

technical knowledge is imperative
Excellent work environment. Reliable company.
Finance Dispute Analyst (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 22, 2018
I worked for XO Communications for 17 years until my departure 10/20/17, as a result of an acquisition that resulted in a layoff.

The work environment was great, with an excellent vacation package, paid days off, and good benefits. I enjoyed working under the Finance Department during my last 8 years of employment
Productive environment
Installation and Repair Manager (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 18, 2018
Good place to work. Leading edge technologies. Never bored. Good cultural experience in workplace. Enjoyable place to work because of the learning environment.
Pros
Good place to work.
Cons
low pay
Workday was typical
Circuit Design Manager (Former Employee) –  Wyomissing, PAJanuary 18, 2018
Working in telecom is a fast paced always changing environment. Need to be adaptable to change. The company was also flexible with personal shedules.The people that we worked with made the job enjoyable.
productive and fun environment
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJanuary 11, 2018
There was a ping pong table when we were located in Portland, it was a great stress reliever while at work. It was great to work with team members to find answers to issues. The social events for holidays were very enjoyable. I learned alot about different communication systems and programming.
great
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  washington DCJanuary 11, 2018
very fast paced yet accommodating. small sales team, great environment competitive yet team members were supportive of each other. It was a great place to work and never a dull moment!
Pros
lunch at weekly meetings
Cons
traveling to office before heading to field
test
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 2, 2018
great company to work for. very flexible and people are also nice. got bought out by verizon now so the culture and people may change. thank you for reading
Good Career move
Accounting Systems-Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Reston, VADecember 21, 2017
Started in Accounts Payable systems and moved to support the accounting systems. Good place to work with solid management. In my area, difficult to move up as the department was small
Okay place to work
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Reston, VADecember 18, 2017
Decent mid sized company and lucrative for sales reps not backoffice finance/accounting. Middle Management is way underpaid there. Sales are the way to go at XO.
Pros
A few nice corporate events
Cons
encouraged long hours w/o OT pay, high pressure little appreciation
This was a good telecommunications company
Regional Carrier Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 12, 2017
I'm not sure my review is relevant as it has been years since I worked there. Since I left this company has been through bankruptcy and acquisition and no longer know the culture at XO.
Working For a CLEC you should know what you face....
Quality Engineer IV (Former Employee) –  All of the US plus NE CanadaDecember 11, 2017
I spent 17+ years at this company. There were high points and lows. The people that worked there were the best part. Our network was well maintained and constantly expanding but how much $$ was available was always a concern, there were no deep pockets like the LECs.
Good company to work for
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXDecember 7, 2017
Management needs sensitivity training, but other than that they have great employees. It is a good environment to work in and upward mobility. I enjoyed the company.
XO is a good person to work
Project Coordinator/Project Management (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXDecember 7, 2017
Management could use some sensitivity training, but otherwise it is a good place to work. The environment was good and there were some great employees there.
professional and a great place to work
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 7, 2017
Worked with a great team of professionals, achieved our goals in a timely manner, fast pace but non-stressful - management backed our needs - great place to work.
Sr. Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXDecember 4, 2017
Good place to work and benefits are great. Slower paced because it's a larger company. The most enjoyable part of the job is the flexibility to work from home a couple of days per week and avoid the traffic.
Good company to work for.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VADecember 1, 2017
Please look at my resume for the activities of my job. Good company, great people. This is all that I want to say here. Please let it go. Company was good to me.
Pros
Good location. Good pay, good learning experience.
Cons
Position was desolved.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at XO Communications. Our community is ready to answer.