Xoom is revolutionizing the international money transfer market by providing people with an easy, convenient and cost-effective means of sending money worldwide. Xoom is located in the downtown Financial District of San Francisco
Visit our website at: https://www.xoom.com/about/careers
Visit our Developer Blog: http://dev-blog.xoom.com/
Xoom is looking for a Senior Java Engineer in an Agile dynamic development environment that requires collaboration and great communication skills. Our Java Engineers are some of the brightest minds in the online money transfer space. Ideas are shared, vetted, developed, and tested in an environment that is challenging and interesting. Our system is designed to be scalable, flexible, secure and fault tolerant. The Senior Java Engineer’s challenges are complex and require highly skilled, talented engineers.
If you are looking for an established company where you can still make a huge impact and enjoy family friendly hours, then this could be a great opportunity for you!
- 5+ years of previous experience in Java software engineering with advanced knowledge of Java, SQL, and object-oriented programming techniques
- Knowledge or passion for test driven development and running through detailed test cases and writing integration and unit tests
- Well-rounded Java engineer with experience in distributed systems (multiple, independent servers or services working together to attain a goal), Java programming, data modeling, and design patterns
- A record of active involvement in a number of full product lifecycles (experience with Agile development techniques is a big plus) and Java coding every day
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and must be able to work effectively in cross-functional teams
- Spring, iBatis, AJAX, MySQL, Freemarker, Message Queues, Batch Systems
- Knowledge of financial systems using Java
- Build underlying services and systems to support hosted financial business applications by working with technologies that include Linux, Java, relational databases
- Write automated tests to ensure proper functionality of implementation and allow for confident refactoring
- Design and implement using a reusable component architecture
- Participate in the user story planning process with product, other Java Software Engineers, and QA to ensure comprehensive solutions to customer needs.
- Provide Java technical leadership, mentorship, and assisting in the hiring process
MS or BS in computer science or related field or equivalent Java knowledge and experience
Please apply and we will contact you!