XPAC Employee Reviews

Pays the bills
Reciever (Former Employee) –  Milan, ILDecember 9, 2016
This company does not value their employees. The pay is decent, but could be a lot better. The company provides decent health coverage and 401k.
Good hours and benefits
Harvester (Former Employee) –  Milan, ILNovember 18, 2016
Nice people, meet new people from all over the world. Management jumps in and actually works with you long hours pay could be more for the amount of work and effort people have to put in
good place
Data Entry Clerk/Material Planner (Current Employee) –  Milan, ILNovember 29, 2015
a typical day includes printing bills for truck drivers to pickup
enter billing information in the system creating a summary and invoice for payment.
enter and review labor information for the payroll department each day
in receving office I help with the preloading and printing of half sheets and delivering these halfsheets to the floor for packaging of this product
co workers and I have good report and work together to get the work completed on a timely basis
the best part is when I see a pile of work from the morning, completed at the end of the day
Pros
nice benefits
Cons
not enough training for advancement
Highly demanding
assembler (Current Employee) –  Milan, ILMarch 23, 2016
ths job is way to demanding for the week pay you get but has awsome benifits dont expect promotions or demotions to be on abality to do the job but rather if they like you or not
Consistent work, low wages, so-so environment.
Packer/Special Projects (Former Employee) –  Milan, ILSeptember 2, 2016
Arrived at work 5-10min. early each day. Learned a lot about packing and incentive pay. The management team was a hit or miss kind of crew. Some good, then some really shouldn't be managers. Co-workers were friendly for the most part in and out of the workplace. Hardest thing bout job was dealing with some of the managers. Most enjoyable was joining bowling league with some of my co-workers.
Best Job Ever
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bartonville, ILFebruary 15, 2017
This was the best work place that I have had the pleasure of being a part off. this was a very skilled and team orientated atmosphere. The daily Flow was very simple and easy to follow. I enjoyed my workers and the culture.
Pros
I was the boss
Cons
went out of business
Nope
Lead Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Milan, ILJanuary 14, 2017
If you don't have any other choice that I would go to work here. I was not happy with the way that they treated their employees. As a supervisor there I tried to stand up for my employees and I got shot down every time and got retaliated against.
loading and unloading of semi trailers
Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  Milan, IL 61264September 25, 2016
I enjoy the work that I do I have only been there for 2 weeks but this has been a good location to get back into the workforce since I have decided not to own my own business anymore.
Pros
enjoy fast paced eviroment
Terrible
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Milan, ILDecember 8, 2014
The management doesn't care about their employees. i was told for the longest time that my raise would be performance based and every time i brought it up to my supervisor she kept dodging the topic.
Great enviroment ,Training,and good benifits.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Yorkville, ILMarch 3, 2014
I worked the first shift assembling Drive shafts,and braking componets the shift could last between 8-12 hours. My training at this location was very informative and safety was a major focus for the short time I worked for XPac I enjoyed it .
Pros
Good compenstation, Friendly enviroment and Good benifits.
Cons
Lunch breaks.
management is not good
Fork Lift Driver (Current Employee) –  Milan, ILJanuary 22, 2014
Benefits are ok, job security ok.
Management is not good on second shift.
Pros
Holiday lunches supplied
Cons
lack of disipline on second shift managers, superiovisiors in general.
Easy place to work
Lead Painter (Former Employee) –  Milan, ILMay 24, 2016
Good people, consistent work. managment needs more knowledge about the paint process. also need to hire better workers.
Pros
Earn time and vacation
Cons
not educated on paint process
They will hire anyone.
Warehouse Helper (Current Employee) –  Milan, ILMay 20, 2016
They will give anyone a chance to work. It is a good job to start over if you have to.They hand out birthday cards for your birthday like family does.
Advancement opportunities were plentiful
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Milan, ILOctober 4, 2013
Enjoyable place of employment, excellent benefits and compensation. This is a very busy work environment, very fast paced and lots of opportunities for movement throughout the facility.
High amount of freedom, job security if you get past the first 90 days
Lead Person/First Responder (Former Employee) –  Milan, ILSeptember 17, 2012
First 90 days are crucial, you will be tested very unprofessional place to work but if you can get past the initial hazing you are set. management is old school and seasoned everyone has been there a while doing what they do. This was my favorite job that ive had and the only reason i left is to be closer to my family in chicago. If you work hard people will notice and job advancement can be very easy for you.
Easy place to work at with lots of fans to keep cool
Wood Worker (Former Employee) –  Milan, ILJanuary 29, 2016
I learned how to use a nail gun and crane. A typical day at work was hot, the co-workers were nice but quiet. Management seemed pretty relaxed but always got on you about not working to full potential. Hardest part was hoisting things up and down.
Crated and shipped John Deere farm equipment
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Milan, ILFebruary 28, 2014
The work was allways fast paced, because if we got behind, the orders would be shipped late.This energy that i had, made me learn the ways Xpac wanted things done in a safe and best way to be done.The employees all banded together working side by side to get orders done and shipped lead by a great management team.In the summer months, it was sometimes hard to work, and some orders took alot of time to comeplete, and alot of sweat went into that. Overall the work that was done at Xpac gave me a chance to use energy because i love to work fast and hard, just what i wanted to give me satisfaction.
Pros
A fast paced company with very enjoyable people to work around.
Cons
The working conditions could be better, and some of the equipment could have been updated
okay workplace
assembly 1 (Current Employee) –  milan ilSeptember 23, 2014
typical day at the job never knowing what you are going to be doing. what i learned was the assembly process. management plays favortism. most of my co workers were good people. hardest part of the job is no job advancement. the most enjoyable part of the job was learning the assembly process.
Pros
Cons
little job advancement
job duties
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Milan, ILJanuary 19, 2016
• Ability to lift 50lbs or more
• Ability to stand for long periods of time
• Knowledge of how to lay concrete
• Knowledge of how to operate a Jackhammer
Dont work here
Wood Shop (Former Employee) –  Milan, ILJanuary 19, 2015
They dont care what happens to you. Durring my brief time they give you periods of instruction. During then they told me we are not suppose to lift anyting over 60 lbs with out a partner. and if we do and get hurt its not there fault. after the instructure said this then said they dont follow that and that we will lift all items no matter what weight by our self. I ask right there and then if we are covered by insurance if we get hurt. they said no. I quite right there. i will not work for any job that does not look out for your well being.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything thing. they dont care about you at all.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at XPAC. Our community is ready to answer.