Xpedx Employee Reviews in United States

Temp job, data entry
DATA ENTRY SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Loveland, OHMarch 18, 2016
This was a temporary job entering data from one system to another.

Management was cordial and helpful. I liked my co-workers, though we all had our own cubucles

It was a simple job, but I liked my coworkers
Productive place to work
Retail Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Forest, VAJanuary 7, 2016
Working on retail accounts is a lot of trial by error, as well as building relationships that can stand the test of time. Networking skills are a plus in this working environment. Procurement to distribution, xpedx requires all types of business models.
Pros
great people
Cons
small divison
Good local people
Driver/Warehouse Man (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LAJanuary 5, 2016
Great place to work before the merger with Unisource. As long as we were a part of International Paper we thrived both professionally and personally.
National company with local presence allowing one to manage their business based on their market.
VP General Manager (Former Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GAJanuary 4, 2016
Being part of International Paper allowed xpedx to expand and invest in the areas needed to drive growth. Management was supportive and looked to empower their employees while keeping the corporation's values at the forefront.
Pros
Large international company
Cons
Heavily waited in printing papers while the consumer was going digital
Good
Category Lead (Current Employee) –  Loveland, OHNovember 17, 2015
Company was good place to develop and advance. Great and very talented people. Was focused and growing.
Merger has changed the culture but not for the good.
Pros
Career Advancement
Cons
not always good to advance earning
relaxed enviroment
Operations Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  orlando, floridaOctober 27, 2015
after learning the procedures of the warehouse, I then was promoted to customer service. that in which started my career in distribution sales.
Pros
clean office
Cons
monthly events
xpedx provided a safe work place.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 16, 2015
xpedx gave me a very nice package to go away. The truth of the matter is, the printing industry has been on a down slide for years. It was just a the right time for xpedx to remove themselves from there printing program.
Pros
Being owned by International Paper ment a stable employer.
Cons
Being big ment a lot of layers of paper work.
Credit Assistant (Current Employee) –  Loveland, OHOctober 16, 2015
Have been with company for over 14 years. Went through merger in July 2014. New Management needs a lot of work. Flexibility is being taken away, which is one of the things I loved most about working for xpedx.

Pros
Used to be flexible, free items
Cons
Healthcare cost & coverage, flexibility in schedules/hours
Paper Warehouse distributor
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 16, 2015
This was a laid back environment where we unloaded trucks with paper and stocked shelf. We also supplied paper to diffrent printer shops.
Great People to work with
National Cost Analyst, Replenishment Buyer (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 3, 2015
I worked at this company for 15 years and always enjoyed the people I worked with. Corporate management decided my department would be better off being based in a different city despite the talent that was already in place.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Corporate Synergies

Want to know more about Xpedx?

Ask a question
It's been a good career
Product Information Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Loveland, OHJune 18, 2015
It's been a wonderful career with xpedx. I have learned many skills, technical, personal and professional. Almost feel like it's time to move on. The company merged with its main competitor one year ago, was hoping to see more direction by now. Some employees know exactly what their position is, others may still be in a somewhat "gray" area. Seems like the communications have come to a sudden halt
Pros
Most people are very caring
Cons
The company has lost focus on the people, lack of communication
Unorganized warehouse but otherwise friendly people
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXJune 17, 2015
A typical day at work for me is getting there on time, clocking in and cleaning my aisle and then pulling orders with the cherrypicker. What I learned is that its a lot of hard work because of the heat. My co workers are cool we joke and talk to each other. The hardest part of the job is lifting the heavy boxes. The most enjoyable is lunch time.
Xpedx is one of the best
SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 27, 2015
I've enjoyed my time at Xpedx. I learned excellent team work and leadership skills from coworkers and managers/supervisor. All safety rules I learned at Xpedx have gotten me recognized quickly by other employers I worked for. I have Xpedx to thank for molding me into a great worker. Although production has slowed down since the company's merger in June 2014, but if more projects do arrive in the future I would surely make Xpedx a first choice to come back to.
Learning experience
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Loveland, OHApril 21, 2015
Not a fun or inviting place to work as the management only wants you to improve in your own position to make them look good and not move up in the company.
Productive and flexible work place
Purchasing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTApril 13, 2015
I love my job and the management here. I gave benefits 3 stars because I haven't had the opportunity to have their benefits because I'm hired on with a temp agency, and have been for over a year now. They have wanted to hire me on permanent, however we are going through a transitioning to being a new company called 'Veritiv'. If I can, I will stay here and pursue my career. I have learned a lot about business and purchasing. We all work together to make this business work successfully. You never stop learning things here, and that's the cool part. It's one of the greatest job experiences I've ever had.
Pros
Flexible, professional, and awesome learning experiences.
Cons
Not being able to be permanent yet because of the transition.
Not a good place to work
Product Information Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Edwardsville, KSMarch 29, 2015
Company is going through many changes since they merged with Unisource. No communication and morale is low. People are either overworked or have nothing to do. Not a happy place and most people are dissatisfied with how things are going. Benefits and pay are okay.
Pros
None that I can think of
Cons
No communication and low morale
I ejoyed woking here with all of the people made a lot of life long friends.
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIMarch 26, 2015
Field emails and phone call orders of approximately 40-60 on a daily basis. Fully responsible for all orders and customer service requirements for specific automotive customer base.

I was also the receptionist for over 10 years. Maintained the phone room filtered approximately 200 to 400 call per day.

Co-workers were wonderful still talk to quit a few of them to this day.

Hardest part of this job was the drive to and from.

Best part was I worked with so me wonderful people for 15 years.
Pros
Learned a lot at this company held 3 different positions.
Cons
Compensation managment kept you and the lowest paygrade possible for as long as they could.
Great Job
Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Loveland, OHMarch 23, 2015
I do mostly collections. I interact well with the customers, and sales representatives.
Co- Workers are great. I get a long with everyone here. We brainstorm a lot with each other, on how to solve every day problems in the finance world.
Productive place for growth and experience
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Willow Grove, PAMarch 23, 2015
Working for Xpedx allowed me to strengthen my skills in various areas. I became certified in using a power jack and forklift. In addition, i become more efficient in all Microsoft Office programs. I continued to execute great customer service and supported all vendors and partners in business. Overall, my experience with Xpedx had been beneficial to growth; it did not however, provide job security.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no job security
Decent paying
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Kent, WAMarch 19, 2015
We typically have about two hundred orders to fill on any given night. Sometimes it is upwards of three hundred. We work closely with paper by doing custom orders to customer specification as well as fulfilling orders of industrial products. We are also a supplier of tape for Boeing and supplier of various shipping products of all sizes.

All night nonstop work requires decent physical ability

There is also this black dust that is on everything and will get on anything if left in warehouse. Has caused me many headaches and nose bleeds since I have started working there.

Management is there but not there at the same time. Some are getting high in tenure and are on a "coasting" mode. They do the job enough to get the job done and there are times where they do not focus fully on what needs to be done with routing and can cause issues with loading due to over cubing. Also they are nearly impossible to get a hold of when complex issues arrive that must be decided by them. They are a direct impact on the apparent low morale. Warehouse personnel are low in priority when it come to fulfilling our needs.

My foreman is a pretty good guy. I enjoy working with him as he is a hard worker and willing to put forth effort to accommodate and be flexibility for personal issues and school schedules.

The Drivers are mostly nice hard working people who I have become friends with, but appear jaded and unwilling to be there.

The only real benefit to working here is the pay and the fact that we are Union.
Pros
union, pay
Cons
low morale, little holiday time off if low on tenure

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Xpedx. Our community is ready to answer.