XPO Logistics, Inc.

XPO Logistics, Inc. Employer Reviews

Laid back work enviorment
Inspector (Former Employee), Anniston, Al.March 9, 2015
This job involves working in the trucking industry. The job itself was actually a very laid back and great place to work. However, the management was not very good which caused the job to be very difficult to enjoy. The coworkers there were all team working players and would always step in to help if they seen you was needing it.
No values, no identity...
Carrier Procurement (Former Employee), South Jordan, UTFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: make a quick buck wild wild west style
Cons: no talent to support the growth
They will hire anyone who pretends to have industry experience no matter what their track record and hope to get lucky. Management has no structure or a clear system on how to run this industry. They hope technology and monopoly will help them succeed. No loyalty or integrity and will do anything for a profit. Company is trying to monopolize the industry through acquisitions. As a result, they end up with a hybrid type company where each departments / branches/ services have totally different views / cultures and can't work well with each other. Another Wall Street investment banker hustle taking advantage of an unregulated industry.
It is a typical Broker Company
Account Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: can come in at 9am
Cons: money, always firing/hiring people
Another broker company that goes through people like no tomorrow. Do not go there if you want to make money or if you want a long term position. The leads are all taken so you have horrible leads and offices fight with each other when it comes to getting trucks. Everyone whines and complains especially at the main office in Charlotte, NC.
NO INTEGRITY !!!!!
Contractor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILLINOISJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: travel if you can afford it
Cons: never honor their work and cost you lots of money
Don't EVER and I mean EVER contract with these guys out of Chicago. Their VP will flat out lie to you and cost you thousands of dollars. They have ripped off many contractors and if you stand up for yourself, they will threaten to terminate your contract. They will file claims on you and they aren't ever going to support their contractors, they don't care if your business fails because your just a number to them. This operation has no integrity, honesty, and morals. Protect yourself and your business, find any other 3PL company out there to do business with if that's what your plans are. Oh yeah, DOT regulations, throw those right out the wondow. Bring that up and you'll not get a route ever.
Rewarding place to work
Operations Manger (Current Employee), Dublin, OHJanuary 7, 2015
I love working for XPO. While the job is very busy, it is also rewarding. I work with very hard working individuals who take pride in their work.

I have knowledgable managers who work hard to ensure everyone receives the proper training to become successful in their position. They empower us to make decisions and challenge us to come up with more effective ways to do our job.

I enjoy the problem solving aspect of this job. To process an accessorial you must first research the load and figure out what happened with it. Each load tells a story.
decent
Account Manager (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MINovember 7, 2014
Pretty easy overall. High turnover rates. Alot of cold calling at first until you can farm.
Nice company with good people - but growing pains are difficult
Sr. Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Dublin, OHNovember 7, 2014
Pros: facilities, cafeteria
Cons: less than excellent communication between groups
XPO is a great place to work and the people are capable and friendly. However, as the organization continues to grow by acquisition, the assimilation of the acquired company is not as seamless as one would hope.
Carrier Relations AP clerk
Carrie Relations / AP clerk (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 3, 2014
Daily vendor services processing invoices and bill of ladings working mail room etc... Wonderful Company amazing people
Great People
Paperwork Analyst/Auditor (Current Employee), Charlotte,NCOctober 28, 2014
Pros: relax work environment
Cons: no overtime
You will learn a lot and work with great people. Also,a great and relaxing place to work.
Fast paced work environment
NATIONAL ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 4, 2014
If you are trained properly, you will succeed.
It's fast paced but exciting
DO NOT APPLY
Corporate (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: benefits are good. your job is secure because they need people (many have left).
Cons: there are many. do not apply.
This company is terrible to work for. There are zero guidelines in place across all departments. The CEO plans to build the company and sell immediately for his own benefit. There is no focus on structure and/or building the company at a set pace, acquisitions are consistent and fast moving. Again, for the CEO's benefit alone. Current management at XPO consists of individuals who have not succeeded in larger corporations. Therefore, they do not have the experience and/or capability for guiding their teams in the right direction.

If you plan on applying, prepare to be over-worked with no guidelines in place. Definitely the worst company for which I have been employed.
Wild Wild West
Analyst (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: lots of opportunity
Cons: complete lack of development
This place is the wild west when it comes to business processes and developing talent within the company. The policy of XPO seems to be buy talent, don't develop it from the inside. There is a stark lack of accountability on the sales floor with everyone pointing fingers at other departments when issues arise. There is very little collaboration and everything seems to be very siloed. I do not recommend joining this place in either a sales/operations or back of house capacity. Understandably, it is a very new company, but things do not seem to be looking up.
STAY FAR AWAY
LOGISTICS MANAGER (Current Employee), DUBLIN OHIOAugust 8, 2014
Cons: pay, hr, legal documents
APPLICANT BEWARE ! THIS COMPANY IS FAR FROM ETHICAL AND HONEST. DO NOT TRUST ANYTHING THEY TELL YOU. IT IS ALL A RUSE. BEWARE
Beware ! They lie right to you.
dispatch (Current Employee), Dublin OhioAugust 8, 2014
Cons: pay, hr, legal documents
Enter this company at your own risk. They are a far from honest company who will tell you anything. Do not believe anything they tell you from HR to recruiting. They make you sign a bunch of legaLdocuments protecting them from you .....that's a huge red flag.

BEWARE !
Productive and great place to work with a pool table and game room.
Carrier Procurement Representative (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 22, 2014
Pros: break room
Cons: check back with me at a later date.
A very fast-paced and incredible place to work. My co-workers definitely keep make the day fly by and the management is awesome. The breakroom, pool room and game room definitely give a relaxing feel throughout the day.
XPO Review
Carrier Sales Representative (Former Employee), Gainesville, GAJuly 9, 2014
On a typical day of work I would start out by tracking and checking on all shipments that were currently in transit. I would then check with my core carriers to find out where their trucks were located and to see if I had any freight that they could use. I then would use internet tools and cold calling to find trucks for the remaining shipments for the day and week in order to broker the rest of my loads for a profit. There is little management influence, and most employees handle problems on their own or with their team. It is very hard to advance to higher positions in this company because there are so few management positions. Co-workers were probably the best part of the job, I enjoyed who I worked with and most people got along and worked well together. The hardest part of my job was finding capacity to move contracted loads, since there is a major shortage of trucks on the road, and a higher demand for transportation of goods.
No complaints
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 20, 2014
Learned a lot throughout my time period at this company. I loved the problem solving aspect of the job.
i simply loved this place
Contractor (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 8, 2014
Cons: too many turn overs
i learned a lot working at this job as a accounts payable specialist it really is a great company to work for i only did contract work there but the turn over rate is very high i was offered a permanent position there but when new management came along it never happened but i liked the job a whole lot it was a learning experience for me.
Productive and fun place to work.
Logistic Coordinator (Current Employee), Gainesville, GAApril 30, 2014
XPO is a great opportunity to grow in the transportation and logistics industry.
Fun Exciting Career
Supply Chain Coordinator (Current Employee), Accounts ManagerApril 22, 2014
Cold Calls
Manage Accounts
Provide Resolutions
Supply Chain Coordinator

About XPO Logistics, Inc.

XPO Logistics, Inc. (NYSE: XPO) is one of the fastest growing providers of transportation logistics services in North America. – Read more

XPO Logistics, Inc. Photos