XPO Logistics Employee Reviews

Fast Paced and freedom to make your own decisions
Freight Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INFebruary 4, 2016
Great company to work for, good leadership at service centers and good employees to work with. Having the opportunity to be a part of projects and the freedom of making my own decisions was very important to me.
Kitter
Kitter (Former Employee) –  SCFebruary 4, 2016
Poor management on top of unrealistic expectations. Very high turn over ratio which puts more on the employees they already have. There point system is a joke and as like all places they have there "favorites" which can miss days whenever, take longer breaks/lunches and get approved by there manager where as other mangers will fire you for missing days for your child being born or even a death in the family "ive seen it happen". There is no morals to this job, a few of the trainers are lazy and dont put the effort to teach you the correct way to doing your job they feel new employees are threats to there jobs. I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone honestly.
Pros
Cons
Short lunches, Poor Compensation, Rude Managers, Poor Training
Future success unknown
Personnel Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, OHFebruary 2, 2016
I enjoyed working for Con-way Freight. Many outstanding people to work with. XPO's takeover has been filled with changes and the direction is still unknown aside from purging many positions throughout management, sales and the supervisory teams. I was glad to have the opportunity but I feel that unfortunately loyalty is not a factor when the knife makes it's cuts
Pros
Paid Holidays ad minimum 3 weeks PTO
Cons
Weak annual pay increases
Good starting point
Warehouse Supervisor I (Former Employee) –  Monee, ILFebruary 1, 2016
XPO allows you to learn many different skills that can take you further in your future endeavors. The opportunity for overtime is also a big plus.
productive , great team
Freight Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Belle, WVJanuary 30, 2016
I would still be here if they didnt do away with my position great company to work for was there for 5years got to meet new people all the time the 60 drivers that come in at night was great workers and put there all in to loading those trailers
Great Workplace
Great co-workers
Listen to all ideas
Innovative
Safety Focused
Manage numerous high-prority clients efficiently
Rate Specialist (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 27, 2016
A typical day is not enough time in the day to get enough done due to being understaffed with heavy production demands, but my co-workers make a great, well-performing group.

In the 15+ years, I've learned to be flexible, efficient, adaptable, highly organized and have extensive customer service skills. I've learned new ways to save money by saving time. My department has earned the Silver level of LEAN certification, which I contributed to by leading or participating in certain requirements.

The most challenging part of my job is managing numerous International and Domestic accounts and keeping them current, while participating in various groups, projects and meetings, but I do like a challenge. My best days are when there aren't a lot of fires to put out and I get a lot of production done.
Pros
Healthcare, local businesses, friendships
Cons
Low wages, long distance from home
Productive and easy going workplace
Order Planner (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJanuary 26, 2016
My day started at 7am and I ran reports first thing in the mornings and email the results out to different distribution lists. The Hardware Role report that I send out twice a day comes back to me telling what Hardware needs to be added to the orders and then I schedule them to ship out. I help out my team mates when I have extra time. I enjoyed my co-worker. We worked well together. I liked that I was able to do my job and do it to the best of my abilities without a lot of supervision. My manager let me do my job, but was always there for me if I needed him.
Pros
Walk breaks everyday, easy going atmosphere, everyone is very nice and easy to get along with.
Cons
not a lot of privacy, work in a call center like invironment
Ok place to work.
Engineering Services Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 26, 2016
XPO is an ok company, some salaries do not reflect experience. Depending on the job the hours can range from 8 to 12 hours a day, 7 days a week usually. The hardest part of the job was dealing with management. The most enjoyable for me was programming the robots.
Pros
Large comapny with good benefits
Cons
Pay is not that good.
High pace enviornment
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Union City, GAJanuary 23, 2016
We currently serve a customer that is very high pace and diverse. They are a global technology leader and their needs change often.

Want to know more about XPO Logistics?

Ask a question
Great co workers, poor managment
forklift operator (Current Employee) –  Carlisle, PAJanuary 20, 2016
This company is very new to the industry. They need to improve there safety rating, and communication is very poor within the facility. a lot of times supervisors don't know what's going on or need guidance. Great equipment up keep though, cleanliness needs works, but overall safe place to work.
Cons
no room for advancement
If you lack the family part, This job is for you....
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAJanuary 14, 2016
Work day length is about 12-14 hours long.
Very poor salaries compare to the market.
Management has unrealistic expectations.
Very poor staffing skills.
Pros
Job securoty
Cons
No time for family or considerations for one.
Great Place to Work
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 14, 2016
It is a great place to work. Everyone is very friendly. A laid back place but still get work done. The management treats you like family.
Busy work environment
Driver (Former Employee) –  Foxborough, MAJanuary 8, 2016
Busy work environment, loading and unloading your truck. For the most part your by your self on the road. The best part of the job was greeting customers and driving to different cities.
Nice office atmosphere
Logistics Analyst (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 8, 2016
Great benefits, excellent work hours and flexible. Work environment can be hectic but controlled. Encouraged to work with teams but also can work independantly.
Pros
Work from home options and nice environment
excellent training process and procedures
Material Handler/Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee) –  French Camp, CAJanuary 5, 2016
I enjoyed the time I was employed here and I learned all there is to know about working in a highly proficient warehouse while i was employed here
Pros
long paid lunch
Cons
cold inside warehouse
Ok Job
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Sauk Village, ILJanuary 5, 2016
It was a alright job overall, I would have rather had a meeting at least once while I was there, we literally had no meeting the whole three months I was there
New Owner originally Jacobson Co. When I started
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Wentzville, MODecember 31, 2015
I enjoy working for this company, but can not say too much regarding XPO Logistics as they are the second new owner, since I have been working here. I love my commute, and my hourly rate was equal to my prior position, with no overtime to speak of. Things haven't changed much since I've been here except our name three times. When I start in the morning I check out what we are shipping and receiving on our SAP System. Print and prepare all shipping associated paperwork, ex: Pick tickets, BOL , packing list, lot COA,s , and so on. I then enter it into our company's own System. This as we are a 3rd Party provider working for a major chemical company. I then use client SAP System to make sure I have Materials ordered to keep production going. I receive new materials when they come in and put them in both the clients system and our companies as well. My co-workers do production, drive forklifts, etc. and are a good group of folks. Management is easy to deal with and the door is always open.
Pros
Location, People, and working with client.
Cons
Income, and opportunity to grow
Not an easy company to work for
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Mebane, NCDecember 29, 2015
Management needs improvement. Not a easy company to work for if you have a family to provide for.
work is not definite. You maybe sent home early.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with management.
Pros
overtime when available
Cons
40 hours can turn into a 30 hour work week, hours are not definite
Terminal #159 management is dishonest & inept
Class A owner opp. (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WADecember 22, 2015
Safety officer is honest but can't get past the "Good ol Boys" in one year I made less than 1/2 of any other year hauling containers. Promises to fix NEVER came true. The people above the manager not only would not listen. They simply called the manager to tell him I had bothered them. Not something I was trying to hide. I would do a cardboard sign at an off ramp before working for XPO again