XpresSpa, the leader in airport luxury spa services, is hiring a talented and driven Construction Manager of Spas. This position reports directly to the Director of Construction and would be responsible for ensuring the on time and on budget completion of XpresSpa locations in several key airports around the country.
The Construction Manager – Spas will be responsible for directly managing the bidding process, selection, construction, procurement and turnover of new store and renovation projects for the XpresSpa organization. This role will report directly to the Director of Construction.
- Oversee construction and renovation programs for XpresSpa Spas and ensure all timelines are met and budgets are regularly updated and reported. Coordinate with internal partners and external vendors to ensure programs are being completed cost effectively within budget and timeline expectations.
- Manage the physical construction of all projects by monitoring progress, processing contracts and payments; facilitate communication between team members, resolving conflicts and unexpected issues.
- Travel to construction sites to monitor GC progress, the quality of work and completion. Oversee job site throughout the process.
- Ensure consistent and aligned RFP process across the brand. Responsible for bidding process, procurement and purchase requisitions. Ensure all vendor invoices are received, reviewed and submitted for payment.
- Maintain project schedules, budgets and provide updates to internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop and distribute punch lists; ensure completion of punch lists.
- Responsible for collection of close out documents that are needed for payment of Landlord Tenant Allowances from GC and vendors.
- A Degree in Architecture, Design or Business/Project Management is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in construction management with a multi unit luxury retailer.
- First-hand experience in bidding process, selection and cost management.
- Experience handling custom detailed, high end Architecture and Designs.
- Proficient with AutoCAD and MS Office Suite.
- Proven ability to deliver highly detailed, fast paced projects on time and on budget.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills; ability to multitask and high-level competence in cross-functional engagement and communica