Xpress Global Systems Employee Reviews

Needs a lot of Improvement
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 20, 2017
Worked here for 7+ years. Worked overtime and on weekends whenever asked. Always put my job ahead of other commitments,
I hurt my knee can't climb in trailer as directed by doctor was doing line-haul for 4+ years, one day they just take the route away,
I will recommend anybody stay away from this company,
you are only a number in this place
Pros
Decent Trucks
Cons
Management had no clue on how to run Company
not a place to advance with in the company
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 12, 2017
Been over looked 2 x for advancement with in the company. The company preaches about communication over communicate but upper management severely lacks any communication with its management staff
10+ Years of work and they let me go w/o reason
Office Drone (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaMay 29, 2017
Worked here for 10+ years. Worked overtime and on weekends whenever asked. Always put my job ahead of other commitments, missing several of my children's school events. After meeting my work anniversary for this year, told by supervisor that I was no longer needed.
Pros
Cons
Being dismissed for no reason after many years of loyalty
Manager ruled with iron hand.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 21, 2017
Massive hours worked with little support from management. Hostile work environment created by local manager. Myself and fellow Operations Manager has so much to offer but local Manager must have total control and would not delegate anything.
Pros
Pay was good
Cons
Work hours. Often worked 15 hour days.
Would Not Recommend
Service Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAMay 20, 2017
Salary is low. The company has no direction and everyone is disposable. Management is entirely numbers driven. Work life balance is horrible as the company tries to run too lean and work employees 12+ hours a day (even when not on the road; ie dock workers and office personnel)
job gets paid every week
Dockworker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 18, 2017
● Recoup/repair damaged freight when necessary
● Verify and complete required documentation and reports
● Help customers with freight and freight documentation as needed
● Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures Perform other duties as required
Fast paced
Warehouse Lead Man (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 7, 2017
Over all good job...Management need a little work...The work it self wasn't hard but really fast paced....Alot of the work was done by forklift.Carpet pole....
Not much room for advancement
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 24, 2017
The job was a great job but not much structure for employees to follow. I enjoyed working with customers and got to know their needs very well. I also enjoyed the workers and the small office setting.
Overall a pretty decent place/company to work for
Operations Clerk (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAApril 13, 2017
I enjoyed my daily work here for the most part. I worked with many other vendors and intercompany employees at corporate and other terminals, and it was always pleasant, productive and successful communication. Many employees at the other terminal locations were always helpful if needed. Drivers generally stayed for long periods of time.
Pros
kind and helpful employees at corporate level;decent benefits
Cons
Upper management did not always have their employees' backs/minimal raises
Do NOT work here
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tunnel Hill, GAMarch 28, 2017
I worked in this company for over 10 years. They will quadruple your workload and pay way below the average pay scale. Management is dishonest and if you have a complaint it gets swept under the rug. It used to be a wonderful place to work, but new management has completely changed the whole company. We have become workers instead of individuals. Save yourself the stress and do not apply for this company. My children call it X-STRESS global.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Too much stress, not enough pay
Typical Low-end line haul job
Line Haul Driver (Current Employee) –  Tunnel Hill, GAMarch 20, 2017
They are a struggling freight company, trying to become profitable after being bought out by private investors. Equipment and pay is in line with that struggle as a corporation.
The environment tends to be "Podunk" regarding the work environment and equipment.
Pros
Set schedule
Cons
Low pay; slipseating; antiquated management environment - feels like a "good ol boy" work place.
Needs a lot of Improvement
Local Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 20, 2017
This Company has the right idea the management is not trustworthy You shouldn't have to lie to prospective Employees just to get them hired, In my case for example, I asked the hiring manager about OTR
runs and was told that they were strictly voluntary, my second week
they made me run an OTR run that was 3 days and 2 nights out,
and got stuck on that run every other week and then some , when I
asked why I was put on this run without volunteering , I was told
because I was LOW MAN ON THE TOTEM POLE, and as if that wasn't bad enough , I was originally Hired at an hourly rate but when taking trip runs like the aforementioned OTR run or any run deemed
100 miles from warehouse it only paid mileage, 4 out of 5 days I was put on trip runs which made me lose money not make it.
Pros
Decent Trucks
Cons
Management had no clue on how to run Company
Productive workplace good communication
Operations Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDMarch 20, 2017
Typical day requires checking emails from the day before. Then I go over any paperwork on may desk. Resolve outstanding issues before our telephones start ringing. I multi-task by resolving issues and contacting customers to let them know their freight will be deliver on the available date. I work sending checks to corporate office in Tennessee. I end my day making sure that all of tasks are completed even if that means I must stay later then my end time
Pros
professional but fun atmosphere
Cons
health care issues, no growth within the copy
Builds Experience
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Tunnel Hill, GAFebruary 8, 2017
If you're looking for a company to help you build experience than this is a great fit, on the other hand, if you are looking for advancement you better have your college degree because management has changed so much over the years that they require more than they used to and those that have worked for the company for many years are having a harder time moving into supervisory positions because they are hiring outside of the company now.
Productive work
Frieght Handler (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 17, 2016
The Training could be better and the management could be better as well
I stay busy loading and unloading trucks regularly I check in fright that comes in etc
Chattanooga office is a wonderful place to work.
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNDecember 15, 2016
The headquarters in Chattanooga Tn holds AP, AR, Pricing, IT, and accounting. Plus the brokerage division. I have personally never had an issue with my boss or any other employee of XGS. It's relaxed but busy, fun but professional. I will never hesitate to tell anyone that I have the best job for me. Not sure how it could reasonably be better!
Pros
Benefits, vacation, sick and personal time. Great bosses.
Cons
Some executive level changes, makes some people nervous.
Worst place I have ever worked
Human Resources Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tunnel Hill, GAJune 14, 2016
This place is absolutely horrible. I was told up front that they would work with me due to my special needs son and his need for frequent doctors' appointments. This didn't happen. I was screamed at by a director consistently - who wasn't even my boss - because I was helping her department out. She would give me quotas to meet, and when I met them the she continually raised them until it was impossible to meet. Very hostile work environment.
Pros
Coffee
Cons
Bad pay, hostile and lying management
Be carefull
Dockworker- Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MD 21076April 8, 2016
Be careful with this company they are known for firing people for no exact reason and also giving you a hard time about the tiniest things that you do. If you should happen to get on the night shift be extremely knowledgeable of what you're doing and also keep a secondary job because the night shift doesn't give you a full 40 hours a week. just something to keep in mind
Pros
Cons
No breaks, no hours, no respect
Former employee
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 6, 2016
Don't apply at the Phoenix Arizona location. Too many chiefs not enough Indians. Small warehouse but beginning of the week are long long days. I had one shift that lasted 17 hours. You have very little to no home life at all. Limited possibilities for advancement. The new supervisor is a piece of work which led me to being terminated. Not worth the aggravation to work at this location.
Pros
Occasionally easy days, sometimes company feeds employees.
Cons
Only get a lunch break
I would never go back there ....NEVER!
CDL A Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDMarch 28, 2016
It was all flooring from large rolls of carpet to hardwood flooring. No pallet jacks for the pallets you may have had. Also i worked long hours usually 12 and better, especially on a monday and friday. The pay didn't accommodate the work you did with residential deliveries and unloading those rolls of carpet , padding and hardwood flooring. Don't know how the pay was $16.00 and went to $18.00 and now is $17.50? If you're going to work that hard you might as well go to a good freight company and be paid well. The routing was on point with every stop that you had that day.
Pros
It's a job.
Cons
It's a hard job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Xpress Global Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6