Xpress Global Systems Employee Reviews in United States

The REAL HR Rep, Tunnel Hill, GA
HR Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Tunnel Hill, GAJune 20, 2016
Sadly someone keeps impersonating me and writing horrible and totally bogus reviews. I have worked here almost 4 years. This company is very family oriented. IF I had a disabled child, I would definitely be provided with FMLA to take care of said child. Thankfully I do not have any disabled children. Management treats everyone with respect. XGS is always striving for the best for their employees and customers. I would definitely recommend anyone to work here.
Pros
Flexable, Benefits are great, Management recognizes their employees for any good/above & beyond work.
Cons
Techonology still needs to be improved a little.
Worst place I have ever worked
Human Resources Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tunnel Hill, GAJune 14, 2016
This place is absolutely horrible. I was told up front that they would work with me due to my special needs son and his need for frequent doctors' appointments. This didn't happen. I was screamed at by a director consistently - who wasn't even my boss - because I was helping her department out. She would give me quotas to meet, and when I met them the she continually raised them until it was impossible to meet. Very hostile work environment.
Pros
Coffee
Cons
Bad pay, hostile and lying management
Former employee
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 6, 2016
Don't apply at the Phoenix Arizona location. Too many chiefs not enough Indians. Small warehouse but beginning of the week are long long days. I had one shift that lasted 17 hours. You have very little to no home life at all. Limited possibilities for advancement. The new supervisor is a piece of work which led me to being terminated. Not worth the aggravation to work at this location.
Pros
Occasionally easy days, sometimes company feeds employees.
Cons
Only get a lunch break
Fast pace work environment
Dock worker (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, new MexicoOctober 27, 2015
The job was good and fast pace. The management was horrible at this location. The terminal manager was never in good mood and also was sassy with employee. Terminal manager had her favorite people.
Pros
Pay was good to start off
Cons
No breaks
Productive workplace
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDOctober 9, 2015
Its a fine job but no opportunity for advancement. I wish to advance with any company I work for. The work we do isn't hard, I like to drive a forklift because I am actually good at it.
Awful place to work
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mendota Heights, MNSeptember 15, 2015
terrible management good equipment though among the worst jobs I ever had Spent one year of my life as a supervisor there fortunately got layed off/fired
Pros
Equipment
Cons
everything
Hardest part of my job is when loads are late.
Operations Clerk (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAAugust 30, 2015
My days are not consistent with work load. I can have very heavy day with contractors coming in for products along with in bound and out bound loads. I also have to make appointments for deliveries along with notifying customers that shipments are ready for will call along with also getting storage for shipments still at warehouse longer than 4 days.
Pros
Working with a good team of co workers
Cons
Not able to get a hold of any supervisiors when sittutations arise.
The absolute WORST company in my 26 year employment history
Driver (Current Employee) –  coraopolis,paAugust 28, 2015
I was promised in writing a $2500 sign on bonus upon my hire 3 years ago. I still have not received it. I get a variety of excuses from "it was an oversight" to somehow I was disqualified from receiving it even though I have not missed a single day of work since my hire. Upper management is absolutely the worst I've ever worked for. Director level folks are the most dishonest and shady that I ever met, they totally harass the employees. Regional trainers are nothing short of a nightmarish joke a complete loud mouthed idiot. My driving record was spotless for 23 years prior to being employed here but over the past 3 years I have 35 CSA point ALL due to faulty equipment. When trying to refuse driving this junky equipment you are threatened with your job. The first decent job I can find I'm outta here but I am now having a hard time finding another job due to the CSA points.
They use paper logs and routinely work you more than 14 hours but drivers are asked to "fix" their logs to make them legal.
This place is a OSHA nightmare and I wonder how it has not been inspected by DOT or OSHA.
My advise, go somewhere else for lessor pay and be treated as a professional.
Pros
Former management was awesome but they let him go
Cons
upper management does not care if you live or die as long as they get their check
Fast paced and on a schedule
Dock Worker, Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 24, 2015
This place was a lot of fun, cool people and the environment was fast paced. I didn't like how you were on a forklift for most of your shift.
Pros
learn a lot of warehouse skills
Cons
short breaks, and being on forklift for long periods of time
Fast paced, reliable transportation company
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 19, 2015
Great place to work and in time a good place for growth. Many terminals and options to choose from. Routing deliveries throughout the state of Florida and supervise warehouse employees.
It's a job
class a delivery driver (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma cityAugust 6, 2015
Weekends and holidays off. Is about the best thing I can say. Benefits are very expensive for a family with a very high deductible. Equipment is old and in need of updating .
Pros
Steady, weekends and holidays off.
Cons
Expensive health coverage . Old equipment. Pay is ok but below industry standards.
Enjoyed working here
Driver (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 24, 2015
Appreciated the time I spent with this company. It was a great experience and helped me to appreciate the trucking industry while educating me.
Good job, but horrible management!
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TX.June 15, 2015
I enjoy the work itself and I have learned a lot here. I also love my fellow employees. The management on the other hand is terrible. The manager at my location has no business in his position and it reflects badly on the company.
good place to work wish things happend different
Driver (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNMarch 23, 2015
Good company that treats employees well, Minnesota location is ran by a great manager that cares more about his employees than his job, people in GA are awesome at helping with situations and dont leave you asking questions for days on end, very nice place to work.
Pros
great customer service, great management in minnesota
Cons
mn has a employee that literly will knock you out with his bo, has been brought up several times but nothing changed, stay away
BEWARE of this company It's just bad
driver (Current Employee) –  coraopolisJanuary 29, 2015
I have 17 years driving experience and have never run into such a poorly run company. This company is bad.
I had a perfect CSA rating prior to working at XGS I now have 40 points all due to equipment bad brakes cracked brake drum springs etc. the equipment is junk and should not be on the road. They had a GREAT manager that was really changing the way the business was done and he stood up for his employees and they let him go a few months ago. I think upper management does not want to invest in equipment and safety. New management seems to have a yes man mentality.
Upper management and training department need to get a clue and quit getting rid of the good people trying to make changes.

This company is a lawsuit just waiting to happen
Pros
former local manager was the best i ever worked for. he supported his team
Cons
upper management is horrible
Horrible place
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Coraopolis, PAJanuary 7, 2015
Unsafe, out dated equipment.
The management was quite immature.
The warehouse employees were amateur and inefficient.
Total waste of my time.
Very unprofessional operation they got out there.
Pros
pay
Cons
unsafe, out dated trucks and trailers.
Work Place
Shipping Recieving associate (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXDecember 23, 2014
Very fast paced. Great people. I liked how i get off work sore. I like a tough day at work. I learned the RF scanner, learned how to operate a Pole Lift. I was on a lift for 40 plus hours a week.
Pros
good hours
Cons
i liked the job
High political environment with heavy micro management.
Service Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas TXNovember 21, 2014
My rating should speak for itself. Due to a large political culture within the company between upper management and over involvement of a major department within the company which micro manages your daily activities, it creates an environment that is detrimental to managing your facility effectly.
Pros
it is a job
Cons
a lot
Love this Company!
management (Current Employee) –  Tunnel HillOctober 24, 2014
I have worked at this company for almost a decade and would like to retire from this job! Management is working to improve every aspect of the company and I expect great things in the future.
Pros
small company, big growth potential
Manager is gone and so will I be soon
driver (Current Employee) –  coraopolis, PAOctober 20, 2014
I am currently employed with XGS as a driver, it has been very difficult as we operate with equipment with about 3 million miles on it.
XGS had a great manager in place and he worked really hard with drivers and staff to make the best of a bad situation and now he is gone. I am currently looking for a new driving job as the past 2 weeks without the manager things are HORRIBLE
XGS asks drivers to offload 500-600 lb rolls of carpet without equipment, by hand. Figure that one out. Combine that with constant equipment breakdowns and CSA points given for the bad equipment equals a bad place to be.
Pros
former manager and some drivers made it worth it
Cons
paper logs, "correcting" 16 hour days on your log, no job security

2.8