Xpress Global Systems Employee Reviews

The absolute WORST company in my 26 year employment history
Driver (Current Employee), coraopolis,paAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Former management was awesome but they let him go
Cons: upper management does not care if you live or die as long as they get their check
I was promised in writing a $2500 sign on bonus upon my hire 3 years ago. I still have not received it. I get a variety of excuses from "it was an oversight" to somehow I was disqualified from receiving it even though I have not missed a single day of work since my hire. Upper management is absolutely the worst I've ever worked for. Director level folks are the most dishonest and shady that I ever met, they totally harass the employees. Regional trainers are nothing short of a nightmarish joke a complete loud mouthed idiot. My driving record was spotless for 23 years prior to being employed here but over the past 3 years I have 35 CSA point ALL due to faulty equipment. When trying to refuse driving this junky equipment you are threatened with your job. The first decent job I can find I'm outta here but I am now having a hard time finding another job due to the CSA points.
They use paper logs and routinely work you more than 14 hours but drivers are asked to "fix" their logs to make them legal.
This place is a OSHA nightmare and I wonder how it has not been inspected by DOT or OSHA.
My advise, go somewhere else for lessor pay and be treated as a professional.
Fast paced and on a schedule
Dock Worker, Forklift Operator (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 24, 2015
Pros: learn a lot of warehouse skills
Cons: short breaks, and being on forklift for long periods of time
This place was a lot of fun, cool people and the environment was fast paced. I didn't like how you were on a forklift for most of your shift.
Fast paced, reliable transportation company
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 19, 2015
Great place to work and in time a good place for growth. Many terminals and options to choose from. Routing deliveries throughout the state of Florida and supervise warehouse employees.
It's a job
class a delivery driver (Current Employee), Oklahoma cityAugust 6, 2015
Pros: Steady, weekends and holidays off.
Cons: Expensive health coverage . Old equipment. Pay is ok but below industry standards.
Weekends and holidays off. Is about the best thing I can say. Benefits are very expensive for a family with a very high deductible. Equipment is old and in need of updating .
Enjoyed working here
Driver (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 24, 2015
Appreciated the time I spent with this company. It was a great experience and helped me to appreciate the trucking industry while educating me.
Good job, but horrible management!
Operations Specialist (Current Employee), San Antonio, TX.June 15, 2015
I enjoy the work itself and I have learned a lot here. I also love my fellow employees. The management on the other hand is terrible. The manager at my location has no business in his position and it reflects badly on the company.
good place to work wish things happend different
Driver (Former Employee), Eagan, MNMarch 23, 2015
Pros: great customer service, great management in minnesota
Cons: mn has a employee that literly will knock you out with his bo, has been brought up several times but nothing changed, stay away
Good company that treats employees well, Minnesota location is ran by a great manager that cares more about his employees than his job, people in GA are awesome at helping with situations and dont leave you asking questions for days on end, very nice place to work.
BEWARE of this company It's just bad
driver (Current Employee), coraopolisJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: former local manager was the best i ever worked for. he supported his team
Cons: upper management is horrible
I have 17 years driving experience and have never run into such a poorly run company. This company is bad.
I had a perfect CSA rating prior to working at XGS I now have 40 points all due to equipment bad brakes cracked brake drum springs etc. the equipment is junk and should not be on the road. They had a GREAT manager that was really changing the way the business was done and he stood up for his employees and they let him go a few months ago. I think upper management does not want to invest in equipment and safety. New management seems to have a yes man mentality.
Upper management and training department need to get a clue and quit getting rid of the good people trying to make changes.

This company is a lawsuit just waiting to happen
Horrible place
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Coraopolis, PAJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: unsafe, out dated trucks and trailers.
Unsafe, out dated equipment.
The management was quite immature.
The warehouse employees were amateur and inefficient.
Total waste of my time.
Very unprofessional operation they got out there.
Work Place
Shipping Recieving associate (Former Employee), Coppell, TXDecember 23, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: i liked the job
Very fast paced. Great people. I liked how i get off work sore. I like a tough day at work. I learned the RF scanner, learned how to operate a Pole Lift. I was on a lift for 40 plus hours a week.
High political environment with heavy micro management.
Service Center Manager (Former Employee), Dallas TXNovember 21, 2014
Pros: it is a job
Cons: a lot
My rating should speak for itself. Due to a large political culture within the company between upper management and over involvement of a major department within the company which micro manages your daily activities, it creates an environment that is detrimental to managing your facility effectly.
Love this Company!
management (Current Employee), Tunnel HillOctober 24, 2014
Pros: small company, big growth potential
I have worked at this company for almost a decade and would like to retire from this job! Management is working to improve every aspect of the company and I expect great things in the future.
Manager is gone and so will I be soon
driver (Current Employee), coraopolis, PAOctober 20, 2014
Pros: former manager and some drivers made it worth it
Cons: paper logs, "correcting" 16 hour days on your log, no job security
I am currently employed with XGS as a driver, it has been very difficult as we operate with equipment with about 3 million miles on it.
XGS had a great manager in place and he worked really hard with drivers and staff to make the best of a bad situation and now he is gone. I am currently looking for a new driving job as the past 2 weeks without the manager things are HORRIBLE
XGS asks drivers to offload 500-600 lb rolls of carpet without equipment, by hand. Figure that one out. Combine that with constant equipment breakdowns and CSA points given for the bad equipment equals a bad place to be.
The manager is great but no corporate support
professional driver (Current Employee), coraopolis,paOctober 17, 2014
Pros: sore back -long days
Cons: junk equipment and mean blonde dockworker gal
The manager of the facility is wonderful but receives no support from corporate he tries to help anyway he can. Trucks and trailers are junk and should not even be on the road. other drivers are ok.
did you ever try to get a 600 lb - 12 foot roll of carpet off the truck without equipment? Good luck. This is expected.
A learning experience
Professional Driver (Current Employee), Coraopolis, PaSeptember 25, 2014
The equipment was poor to include the tractor and trailers that we are to use to deliver and drive safely on a daily basis. There was hardly a maintenance program to have the equipment serviced.

Each day would start out at around 4 am and I would average about 400 miles and approx. 15 stops a day. The hardest part was delivering 600+ pound rolls of carpet to customer who had no equipment to off load them. According to my job description all I was to do is get the merchandise to the end of the trailer and it was up to the customer to get them off. Well I never stopped there for a couple reasons, I was always trying to keep the customer happy and felt that in some way it was my duty to assist the customer get the merchandise off the trailer.

My direct management was great,. He was always there to provide advice or some assistance if needed. Had the employees back and would stand up for us more often than not. Upper management was lack luster and very poor. That is all I have to say about the upper management without going on a rant.
Fast and stressful work environment
Graveyard Lead (Former Employee), La Mirada, CAAugust 5, 2014
This job was a good job but also stressful at times due to lack of employees and managements unwillingness to hire new candidates. Although it was stressful, it taught to problem solve everyday and to try to succeed to the best of your abilities and to keep a cool head when things got frustrating.
Productive and challenging atmosphere.
MANAGEMENT OF CROSS DOCK OPERATIONS (Current Employee), Tunnel Hill, GAJuly 28, 2014
Pros: good learning atmosphere.
I really enjoy my job and I feel as if I'm good at it. It is a constantly challenging experience. Each day is different and can test your skills.
My Job as an OS&D Representative
OS&D Representative (Former Employee), Tunnel Hill, GAJune 28, 2014
I loved my job! I loved every aspect of it because it was a challenge and I liked that. I got to communicate with 40plus terminals and help them better when it came to the company procedures. I got to investigate lost and damaged freight and deal with customers on a regular basis. At the beginning I didn't think I would be that good at the job because I never talked on the phone in a business setting but I learned that I actually enjoyed it. It kind of gave me a personal high when I got to help people. When it came to the management I felt that I could go to them for anything but I didn't feel like they didn't have my back like they should have been when it came to certain situations. In the end I was very disappointed. I liked my co workers we worked as a team, but there was an occasional head butting which is normal, but there was someone who stuck out the most because they always acted like they hated coming to work and they were always saying they hated their job and they were never up for the changes that occurred in our department and it changed a lot. Hardest part of my job was not being able to make everyone happy. I am a peace maker so when a customer would call upset I did everything in my power to make their situation better , but in some instances that wasn't always possible.
Decent work enviroment
Dock/forklift operator (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAMay 5, 2014
All the supervisors are great and very fair. The work is not very hard, some days you have to work at a faster pace but overall the job is not too difficult. i loved my job, driving forklifts loading and unloading was therapeutic for me. the hardest part of the job was keeping up when times got very busy and having to get the work done in time for the drivers., but that was rare. all in all this is a good,decent place to work at.
long days and poor management
Fork Lift Operator (Current Employee), coraopolis, paApril 11, 2014
Cons: management
Basically work sun up to sun down and then some. Load and unload trailers in the warehouse. Serious lack of communication between office and dock workers and customers.