XS Cargo

XS Cargo Employer Reviews

Fun place to work at
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Surrey, BCApril 23, 2014
Pros: coffee breaks
Cons: long standing hours
Managing till and interacting with customers.
Customer Interaction and Cash Handling.
Amazing Manager; Very helpful and understanding.
Very Friendly and fun to work with.
Managing erratic and irrational customers.
Customer Interaction and helping people get what they want.
up and coming business
Stock worker (Former Employee), Mississauga OntMarch 29, 2014
Pros: smoke breaks
Cons: unpaid lunches
Start at 9. unpaid lunch around 2. finish at 5.help 100 customers a day mostly for price checks because the store I worked at never had price tags on anything.
good and positive thinking and respect with coworkers be friendly and playing soccer strong work habit
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 5, 2014
fast pased very stressful
Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: could be fun and the fellow employees
Cons: angry customers, and not recieving the proper stock!!!
The work enviroment was very stressful due to angry customers but the fellow employees made up for that as we all tried to make the best of each situation! we all became one big family in many way at work and outside of work! I still talk to many of my old fellow emplyees!!
Task and Accomplished
Regional Merchandise Manager (Former Employee), Brampton, ONNovember 21, 2013
•Maximized business growth and performance while exceeding targets and deadlines which resulted the most profitable district in Canada by providing coaching and mentoring store managers and colleagues to ensure the corporate plans were executed and operational procedures and standards adhered to

•Coached store managers across Greater Toronto Area to – more... merchandise to new structures

•Communicated with Purchasing department to allocate new merchandise into our 10 stores across GTA

•Developed “Model Store” for all visual merchandising initiatives that were then deployed to all stores company wide – less
Always stocking shelves.
Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 21, 2013
Pros: good boss
Cons: bad pay
Grab a pallet stock shelves, see how much I can do in the day. there is always something to do. Boss was very nice easy to get along with as were my co-workers, it was a good work place.
was a fun family to work for
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCOctober 20, 2013
Pros: great employees
Cons: no benefits for hourly employess
From start to finish we were always on the go. Formulated a plan of what we were going to do that day, set our goals and pressed on until our tasks were reached. Learned alot from how to balance great customer service skills with great work ethic so things could get completed in a days time and also sales goals could be achieved. Management always lead – more... by example, made you feel you were doing a great job on even a very slow sale day. Co-workers always friendly, helpful, polite,almost family like! My most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work with such great people! Great people who cared about their jobs and their commitment to helping the customer as a number one priority! Always a great feeling! – less
Aside from customers who don't agree with no returns, working the cash register at XS Cargo was an enjoyable job.
Cashier (Former Employee), Moncton, NBSeptember 28, 2013
Pros: interaction with others
Cons: unreasonable customers at times
A typical day at work consisted of getting side work accomplished while not busy or occupied with a task and interacting with customers and co-workers daily. I am a people person and very easy to get a long with and I tried to maintain the same attitude in my place of work. Management was friendly as were my co-workers.
I learned how to work a cash – more... register and to assemble certain objects for display or set up displays in the store. The hardest part of the job was probably the abuse that employees experience on behalf of customers who do not like the final sale policy for all non-electronic items but I still maintained my positive nature to the best of my abilities.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the repeat customers who would come in and always have something so nice to say when they recognized me as I always made it a point to greet each person who came in as well as tell them to have a nice day as they left the establishment. – less
Productive work place
Stock Associate (Former Employee), Surrey, BCAugust 3, 2013
The job wasnt very difficult, however no training was ever given.
fun and joy
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJune 19, 2013
Pros: free allowance in every quarter
Cons: long hours
hard worker, assist customer service, i learned how to stock, how to assist the customer service, when i work in evening i finish the skid row in one hour, 8 skid row in 8 hour, when i seek im not properly work in the store.
The Policy
Supervisor (Current Employee), kelownaMay 24, 2013
Pros: everything is cheap as is, one benefit of the job is the product gets cheaper.
Cons: dealing with angry customers on a frequent bases.
The product policy for the company generally brings in angry customers when it comes to returns being that you cant obtain a refund, thus customer service isn't exactly the best part of the job.

Depending on whether or not your working with team players and enjoy the people your working with this in my opinion is the only good attribute about the job – more... if it is one. – less
XS Cargo
Sales Associate (Current Employee), brampton, ON.May 22, 2013
At XS Cargo I've learned that customer service is key to providing the customers with the best experience. Answering questions, notifying them about products with detail is very important. The management is XS Cargo are very efficient in their daily tasks.
half and half
Head Cashier (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 23, 2013
Pros: great discount, co-works really nice people, work days always the same
Cons: salary, policies
Half the time I really enjoyed working there and then half the time I didn't. I was there long enough to see 3 different managers come and go, each with their faults and for most part I liked all three.

The company was bought out by the states and so the exchange and refunds policy kept changing so customers would then be angry at me.

Sometimes my – more... co-works would be extremely lazy and all hang out in the managers office.

There was never any change in salary, no matter how well or bad you were doing. the last month i was there, they gave my 75 cent increase to my salary, but also lowered my hours from 35 hrs/wk to 10 hrs/wk. which happened to all employee's that got an increase in pay.

Some of my enjoyable parts was getting to know the returning customers. Nice chatting with them getting to know them, sad when they don't come back, wondering what happened to them.

My work day was always the same 10:00 am-5:00 pm Monday to Friday and it was Wonderful. – less
Great workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONMarch 4, 2013
This was an all around great place to work it is and always will be one of my favourite places I have been employed. Everything was great here management co-workers and the atmosphere. I learned that you may have a customer every day that is having a bad day but it could be one thing you say or do that could tur their day around.
great roral
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Kingston, ONMarch 2, 2013
Pros: preat management
Cons: poor wages, poor advancements
great work environment
great management
poor wages
poor advancements
My first job
Sales (Former Employee), mississaugaJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: easy
Cons: hours, wages
Good as a first part time job, currently looking for a career. Friendly people, wanted to move on.
Summary of Events of work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 15, 2013
Pros: got along with co-workers
Cons: not enough time to get things done in a well done way-stock, inventory, etc.
I enjoyed getting to know people I work with so when I work with them on the job things can be alot easier and and not a hassle. I learn from customers because working shows how you handle a situation by yourself and taking leadership. The hardest part can be both co-workers and customers because nobody's perfect you can expect them to be they you want – more... them to be. There is always an upside and a downside to customer service which makes another somebody a better person. – less
GOOD
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 27, 2012
Pros: treated fairly
Cons: low pay
NOTHING BAD TO SAY BUT HOURLY PAY RATES COULD BE HIGHER CO-WORKERS ARE GREAT AND EASY TO WORK WITH MUST BE ABLE TO HANDLE A FAIR AMOUNT OF PRESSURE
Business
Supervisor/Store Manager (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONSeptember 20, 2012
They are all about business and don't treat people the way they deserve to be treated. staff, managers or customers.
Work History
Sales Associate / Customer Service (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONJuly 24, 2012
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: favoritism, hours were cut, no acknowledgement
A typical day at work would include product recovery, customer service and minor improvements to the store's overall appearance.

During my employment at XS Cargo I learned many valuable skills that retail offers.

Primarily, my customer service skills have become excellent as well as my understanding for merchandising.

My co-workers were a great bunch – more... to work with.

The hardest part of the job is multitasking during busy hours on weekends. The environment can become a fast paced environment which requires you to be able to multitask on a large scale.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with great co-workers. – less