Xterra Corportion is seeking an innovative and dedicated Senior GIS .Net/Silverlight Developer . Xterra is a small business with a reputation for providing innovative and value-added business solutions to the Department of Homeland Security and the Department of Defense. Xterra offers an excellent benefits package, competitive compensation and a professional work environment. For more information about Xterra, please visit the company's website at www.xterracorp.com.
The Developer will support the full software development life-cycle of geospatial applications, but specializing in front-end development using .Net and Silverlight.
The selected candidate for this role will have previous experience with Web development and in software application development using .Net and Silverlight. The developer will also have experience in Software Application development in an Agile SDLC environment, including scrum, user stories, sprints, and interactions as well as with Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) and Web service development, including REST and SOAP.
- 4-6 years of experience developing in .Net
- 1-2years of specific experience developing in Silverlight or Adobe Flex
- Experience with DB development using Oracle 10g ,11g and/or SQL Server 200#
- Familiarity with geospatial data formats, including GIF, PNG, JPEG2000, KML/KMZ, or ShapeFile.
- Experience using Google Earth, Google Maps, ESRI ArcGIS, Bing Maps, or equivalent tools (will train)
BS degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
Government Eligibility Requirements
Candidate selected must be a U.S. Citizen per contractual requirements.
Location: Falls Church, VA