XTRA Lease

XTRA Lease Employer Reviews

Some what like Family
Road Watch Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Clayton, MOApril 29, 2014
Pros: 1st party collectios
Cons: company was purchased by another co
Onyx was a pretty good place to work it was steady pace everyday except the end of the month was crunch time because everyone had to meet their budget
Tight knit group
Tire and Maintenance Analyst (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 27, 2013
Pros: knowlegable long term employees, tight knit group, positive atmosphere
Typical work day is fast paced with many phone calls & customer interactions. Our work group is tight knit & we get along great. I have learned to look at things through the eyes of the field reps & our customers when looking at issues to see how it impacts them & what can be done to help them. My co-workers are great to be around & are long term employees – more... that provide a wealth of knowledge on how the company works. The hardest part of the job is remaining objective & keeping emotion out of the decision. Issues must be looked at with a focus on the company & how it impacts our customer base and company profit margins – less
life was good
Trailer Mechanic (Former Employee), Springfield, MAJuly 25, 2013
Pros: fast productive days
Cons: too many hands in the cookie jar
excellent company to work for..loved it. branch closed.. wish I still worked there.
Great company, good people focused on success.
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Sumner, WAApril 18, 2013
Typically the day starts at 7 AM. The branch manager is primarily a salesman and most of your time is spent with customers and prospects. Lots of phone, email and road time.

I learned that the Pacific Northwest market is not a big long haul truckload market, most capacity is used regionally and inbound over the road volumes are about one third of the – more... outbound.

XTRA Lease has a 'success' culture, management is always ready and wiling to support you in finding ways to get business. Co-workers are professional and focused on the task of increasing business.

The most difficult part of the job is getting competitive customers to give you time and then try the service offering.

Most enjoyable part of the job is working with co-workers and management on setting goals and strategies to achieve and then having success. – less
Wasnt a good place to learn
Operations Assistant (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 11, 2013
Managers their are always tobusy to help train you,you are on your own alot.
A great company to work for and an industry leader in trailer leasing/rental
Operations Assistant (Former Employee), Hazelwood, MOOctober 31, 2012
XTRA Lease is a well known company being a part of the Berkshire Hathaway INC with great pay/benefits.
Front Desk Recpetionist in a professional enviornment
Receptionist/Mail room support (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 20, 2012
Pros: monday through friday, with no weekends required
Cons: moving to clayton with job changes and requirements with my job.
Great place to work .
Fun atmosphere ,wirth friendly people.
I am responsible for answering phones and greeting customers who visit.
Also I have been cross-trained to work in the mailroom.
My job is from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM .
The most enjoyable part of my job is the many different people I am able to talk with all over the USA and the different vendors – more... I am able to meet and greet. – less
Xtra Joke
Branch Manager (Former Employee), New York NYFebruary 2, 2011
Pros: a paycheck
Cons: threats and no job security
Incompetent senior managers.

Micro managed to the point you have to ask for permission to use the bathroom.

You are required to know all policies and procedures. If you have a question, you must ask about
5 people before getting an answer that makes any sense.

You spend most of your day begging someone to make a decision for you and explaining your – more... report numbers.

Branch operations staff and mechanic vendors are treated like garbage.

Nobody plans or gives any direction of where the company is going. Senior management makes things up as they go every other week.

People are hired but mostly fired on a regular basis.

No training

No chance for advancement. All managers are hired outside the company with no industry experience. – less

About XTRA Lease

With a fleet of more than 100,000 trailers, XTRA Lease is in it for the long haul. The company offers rental, lease, and lease/purchase – Read more

XTRA Lease Photos