Xtreme Drilling and Coil Services currently have a Purchasing Assistant available in the Evans, Colorado.
The Purchasing Assistant is responsible for assisting the Purchasing Manager with daily task and responsibilities. He/she helps identifies and evaluates vendors, develops or review vendor contracts and makes according recommendations for approvals. As part of the role, purchasing agent is accountable for the execution and continuous improvement of the Purchasing department. This position is accountable for assisting in purchasing goods, receiving, reconciling purchase orders and other administrative task and services for Xtreme's US drilling division.
- Execute procure-to-pay process for the assigned US Drilling Division (e.g. developing request for proposals and requests for quotation, master service agreements, contracts, purchase requisitions, purchase orders)
- Obtain and analyze process reports; identify and support implementation of ideas to optimize procure-to-pay process for the department
- Drive standardization of capital equipment and/or spare parts
- Develop relationships with vendors (as required)
- Develop/review contracts (as required)
- Work with all stakeholders to drive continuous improvement of procurement and supply chain processes
- Coordinate with logistics personnel solutions to issues related to documentation as required for freight-forwarding and hot-shots
- Support development of procurement policies and procedures to drive the implementation of best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
- Minimum 2 years of experience in purchasing for drilling contractor (required)
- Knowledge about drilling equipment and Spare Parts
- Experience driving procure to pay process
- Knowledge about the supplier base and experience managing vendor relations
- Minimum 1 year on Great Plains experience (preferred)
- Proven ability to work on cross-functional teams
- Ability to interact and influence internal stakeholders and commercial partners
- Strong analytics
- Personal drive / self-motivation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Interest in learning, trying and adopting new approaches
Indeed - 13 months ago