Xylem Employee Reviews

Micro Managed to the extreme
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 22, 2015
The pay is good but the benefits are quickly slipping to a minimum to maintain a better ROI for the company. Family/Worklife balance is non existent and you are expected to work around the clock. Company as a whole is very short staffed so expect to be overworked. Customer base is eroding due to companies inability to serve them. Regional management has an incredible lack of required skill set and simply maintains a "Yes Man" attitude. Expect to be harassed and micromanaged if you take a job with this company. There are still many good employees in this company, sadly few of them have Management in their title since the great purge of qualified employees.
Pros
Pay is good but high pay is the only way they can get people to work for them
Cons
Constantly working, Micro Managed, non valued employees, benefits shrinking, harrassing upper management style
Not a great enviorment
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Morton GroveApril 28, 2015
The company doesn't have a great work life balance and people are not that friendly to work with. No basic training of any sort of help with anything.
Pros
Meeting weeks you get lunches
Cons
No Basic traning
Xylem (Southaven) Fast Paced, Productive, Good Workforce
Production (Current Employee) –  Southaven MsFebruary 5, 2015
I love what I do in my role here at Xylem (Southaven) and I love the team that I work with- as in my coworkers and the people who have been by my side. The work environment promotes a total team approach to daily business operations. Professional atmosphere with opportunity to learn, grow and contribute in a meaningful way. There is a lot of opportunity to gain experience in the field. The core businesses are in business sectors that are relatively stable and should be around for the long run. Managers take an active interest in your development. Friendly employees and the training is good… I love working for Xylem in Southaven…. And I just love the facility Manager, Coolest Ever…
Pros
work is valued and recognized
Very unprofessional
Employee (Current Employee) –  Southaven, MSJanuary 5, 2015
Overall the company has great potential. However the person responsible for controlling or administering this part of company need to be investigated.. Working out of fear is not business like. I never seen or heard of a company like this. There is absolutely NO HR member in the hub. So anything pretty much goes. The integrity of management is horrible (lie after lie)

The hardest part of the job is too cover your own asset. leadership is something that is not important. Supervisor and Manager leaves the building with no supervision. Safety don't exist. Where is OSHA when you need them..

No Standards, No processes, No leadership, No integrity,

The best part of the workplace is the hours.
Pros
hours
Cons
very poor management
fast pace
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Roswell, GAJune 23, 2014
Start day with quantity control. Prepared orders for shipping.
Pros
hours
Cons
not having upward mobility
Bad management
Working Foreman (Former Employee) –  WVApril 27, 2014
Management does a lot of backstabbing. Have to worry about your job due to this. No home life, a lot of hours and raises that never come when supposed too.
Pros
medical insurance and benefits are great
Cons
backstabbing constant
Lubbock, Texas not a good place to work!!!
EHS Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TexasMarch 9, 2014
This by far is the worst place I have ever worked! Managers cursing at the employees and HR doing nothing about it. Employees being treated like 2nd class citizens and scared to speak up because they may lose their jobs if they do. I only worked there for 19 months and I was terminated doing to my manager back stabbing me…I was one of the lucky ones to get out and not one of the poor saps that have to endure the trouble treatment. A blessing in disguise when I was terminated. Thank you!
Cons
everything
YSI R&D in Yellow Springs, Ohio is not a good place to work.
Firmware Engineer (Former Employee) –  Yellow Springs, OHJanuary 10, 2014
There is extremely high turnover in R&D, with some new hires only lasting a couple of weeks. Management is poor; projects lack direction. The goals used for job assessment are arbitrary, vague, and constantly changing so that you will get a so-so review no matter what you do. Yearly raises are 2%. Achievements are rarely recognized and never rewarded. Originality is punished. Software tools are outdated. Management is paranoid, so they will often watch over your shoulder and second guess. Project schedules are arbitrary and have no basis in reality.
Cons
bad management, no recognition
Great firm!
Market Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 11, 2013
Great firm to work for. Interned under the VP/Dir of Strategy and Business Development.
Disfunctional
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYFebruary 22, 2013
The engineering dept in cheektowaga is horrible! You will work long hours for little pay. Resources go away and are never replaced. Until the current Director (who couldn't manage his way out of a wet paper bag) is gone, things will continue to get worse. Xylem Cheektowaga is not a good place to be for the next few years.
Pros
no shortage of coworkers to commiserate with.
Cons
they don't give you any tools to actually do your job.
Ok work place
Electronics Systems Associate (Current Employee) –  UtahJanuary 28, 2013
Xylem utah is a ok work place. I have been doing the same thing for almost 3 years with no career advancement or a raise. MAnagement just keeps telling saying you are doing a great job i.e making us money but you dont matter that much to us we own you knid of thing!
Cons
conpensation, employee recognition, shady managment.
Management team not yet experienced with running a publicly traded company
Commercial Leader (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 19, 2012
Management team trying too hard to punch above their weight. But the businesses run pretty independently and it's hard to get everyone on the same page. Management team missed an opportunity to set/define the culture for the new company after spin-off from ITT. Employees pretty confused about the direction the CEO wants to take the company - as she is unsure where she wants to go!
Fast paced, productive, good workforce
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYApril 25, 2012
Typical day is fast paced including multi tasking. Interaction with all departments. Co-workers are very good with good working relation ship. Dealing with Canadian registration of heat exchangers with survey engineers. Everyday is different and challanging
Pros
excellant benefits
Cons
a little behind in technology.
Company has morale issues and lots of people on egg-shells due to anytime restructuring that will cost them their jobs.
REG MGR & NATIONAL MGR - Dewatering Products (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 24, 2012
Good name recognition but lots of instability. Poor morale up and down the ladder.
Pros
some good people
Cons
lots of morale and instability issues with staff