Xylem Employee Reviews

Not a great enviorment
Accountant (Current Employee), Morton GroveApril 28, 2015
Pros: Meeting weeks you get lunches
Cons: No Basic traning
The company doesn't have a great work life balance and people are not that friendly to work with. No basic training of any sort of help with anything.
Xylem (Southaven) Fast Paced, Productive, Good Workforce
Production (Current Employee), Southaven MsFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: work is valued and recognized
I love what I do in my role here at Xylem (Southaven) and I love the team that I work with- as in my coworkers and the people who have been by my side. The work environment promotes a total team approach to daily business operations. Professional atmosphere with opportunity to learn, grow and contribute in a meaningful way. There is a lot of opportunity to gain experience in the field. The core businesses are in business sectors that are relatively stable and should be around for the long run. Managers take an active interest in your development. Friendly employees and the training is good… I love working for Xylem in Southaven…. And I just love the facility Manager, Coolest Ever…
Very unprofessional
Employee (Current Employee), Southaven, MSJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: hours
Cons: very poor management
Overall the company has great potential. However the person responsible for controlling or administering this part of company need to be investigated.. Working out of fear is not business like. I never seen or heard of a company like this. There is absolutely NO HR member in the hub. So anything pretty much goes. The integrity of management is horrible (lie after lie)

The hardest part of the job is too cover your own asset. leadership is something that is not important. Supervisor and Manager leaves the building with no supervision. Safety don't exist. Where is OSHA when you need them..

No Standards, No processes, No leadership, No integrity,

The best part of the workplace is the hours.
fast pace
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Roswell, GAJune 23, 2014
Pros: hours
Cons: not having upward mobility
Start day with quantity control. Prepared orders for shipping.
Bad management
Working Foreman (Former Employee), WVApril 27, 2014
Pros: medical insurance and benefits are great
Cons: backstabbing constant
Management does a lot of backstabbing. Have to worry about your job due to this. No home life, a lot of hours and raises that never come when supposed too.
Lubbock, Texas not a good place to work!!!
EHS Coordinator (Former Employee), Lubbock, TexasMarch 9, 2014
Cons: everything
This by far is the worst place I have ever worked! Managers cursing at the employees and HR doing nothing about it. Employees being treated like 2nd class citizens and scared to speak up because they may lose their jobs if they do. I only worked there for 19 months and I was terminated doing to my manager back stabbing me…I was one of the lucky ones to get out and not one of the poor saps that have to endure the trouble treatment. A blessing in disguise when I was terminated. Thank you!
YSI R&D in Yellow Springs, Ohio is not a good place to work.
Firmware Engineer (Former Employee), Yellow Springs, OHJanuary 10, 2014
Cons: bad management, no recognition
There is extremely high turnover in R&D, with some new hires only lasting a couple of weeks. Management is poor; projects lack direction. The goals used for job assessment are arbitrary, vague, and constantly changing so that you will get a so-so review no matter what you do. Yearly raises are 2%. Achievements are rarely recognized and never rewarded. Originality is punished. Software tools are outdated. Management is paranoid, so they will often watch over your shoulder and second guess. Project schedules are arbitrary and have no basis in reality.
Great firm!
Market Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 11, 2013
Great firm to work for. Interned under the VP/Dir of Strategy and Business Development.
Disfunctional
Engineer (Former Employee), Cheektowaga, NYFebruary 22, 2013
Pros: no shortage of coworkers to commiserate with.
Cons: they don't give you any tools to actually do your job.
The engineering dept in cheektowaga is horrible! You will work long hours for little pay. Resources go away and are never replaced. Until the current Director (who couldn't manage his way out of a wet paper bag) is gone, things will continue to get worse. Xylem Cheektowaga is not a good place to be for the next few years.
Ok work place
Electronics Systems Associate (Current Employee), UtahJanuary 28, 2013
Cons: conpensation, employee recognition, shady managment.
Xylem utah is a ok work place. I have been doing the same thing for almost 3 years with no career advancement or a raise. MAnagement just keeps telling saying you are doing a great job i.e making us money but you dont matter that much to us we own you knid of thing!
Ok work place
Electronics Systems Associate (Current Employee), UtahJanuary 28, 2013
Cons: conpensation, employee recognition, shady managment.
Management team not yet experienced with running a publicly traded company
Commercial Leader (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 19, 2012
Management team trying too hard to punch above their weight. But the businesses run pretty independently and it's hard to get everyone on the same page. Management team missed an opportunity to set/define the culture for the new company after spin-off from ITT. Employees pretty confused about the direction the CEO wants to take the company - as she is unsure where she wants to go!
Fast paced, productive, good workforce
Project Engineer (Current Employee), Cheektowaga, NYApril 25, 2012
Pros: excellant benefits
Cons: a little behind in technology.
Typical day is fast paced including multi tasking. Interaction with all departments. Co-workers are very good with good working relation ship. Dealing with Canadian registration of heat exchangers with survey engineers. Everyday is different and challanging
Company has morale issues and lots of people on egg-shells due to anytime restructuring that will cost them their jobs.
REG MGR & NATIONAL MGR - Dewatering Products (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 24, 2012
Pros: some good people
Cons: lots of morale and instability issues with staff
Good name recognition but lots of instability. Poor morale up and down the ladder.