Senior Software Engineer (Server Side)
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Sr. Software Engineer is responsible for providing software design, implementation, and testing of clinical information software used in healthcare institutions.
- Perform software design based on input from the design team and clinical users, characteristics of the existing software base, consultation with other engineering staff, and system functional requirements.
- Perform software implementation following coding guidelines and project requirements to produce optimal performance, reliability, and maintainability.
- Conduct software evaluation and testing of own software, software from other engineering staff, and third-party software.
- Provide a test plan for use by other engineering staff, the Quality Assurance and support departments in order to validate a new implementation.
- Provide technical documentation for the design, implementation and testing of the software.
- Attend design review meetings as needed to adhere to the software development plan and procedures.
- Support the software by handling escalated service calls.
- Document and repair errors related to software.
- Assist the engineering staff in clarifying requests for software changes and understand reported problems.
- Open and document in SoftZilla and Service Direct tickets.
- Perform other duties or changed duties as needed or directed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, or related field. An additional 4 years Sr. Software Engineer experience may be considered in lieu of the Bachelor’s Degree.
- At least 10 years software engineering experience with solid understanding of software development and coding.
- At least 5 years’ experience with C/C++, Linux systems, and relational databases required (SQL) .
- Java, HTML5, MMC, PHP Cross Talk, SaaS a plus
- U.S. Citizenship is required with the ability to obtain a DoD ADP clearance and a VA High Risk Background clearance.
Indeed - 4 months ago