HR Coordinator, Association Services Office, Dayton, Ohio
YMCA of Greater Dayton
$12.00 - $14.00 hourly rate
- Develops and distributes hiring packets and employee changes to meet compliance and Y standards.
- Educates branch staff on procedures and deadlines for proper employee processing including but not limited to hiring and changes.
- Processes hiring, change, and termination paperwork, reviews for completeness and accuracy, works with branches to obtain missing information.
- Enters employee information into Paycor system via Employee Payroll Change form including address changes, pay changes, position changes, tax, and direct deposit banking information.
- Works with Payroll Specialist to ensure effective lines of communication between HR and Payroll, ASO and the branches, and to ensure proper processing of all employee information.
- Sets up new position codes in Paycor.
- Assists in the development of on-exempt job descriptions and maintains a job description for each position.
- Creates all job postings and works with braches to ensure all postings meet branch needs.
- Posts all job openings in the Association internally and with all designated partners.
- Researches new avenues to post positions including creating partnerships with local organizations to create a recruiting pool of potential candidates.
- Distributes job fair information to branches, attends job fairs, and sets-up booths as needed.
- Reviews, processes, and files all electronic employee documents accurately and timely to meet deadlines.
- Trains branches on background check procedures in accordance with legal compliance and YMCA of Greater Dayton standards. Conducts background checks for Association Services staff.
- Maintains an up-to-date understanding of ODJFS background screening requirements.
- Provides assistance with fingerprint machines, results, and invoicing as needed.
- Works with background check vendors to ensure timely processing of background checks, troubleshoot issues, enroll new users into the system, assists in processing invoices.
- Administers exit interview surveys for employees leaving the YMCA in a timely and accurate manner.
- Send new hire orientation invitations, Redwood training reminders, and additional HR information as needed.
- Assists in the querying and running reports from the OnBase and Paycor systems.
- Answers branch questions regarding employee processing and filing of employee information.
- Works with HR software providers for troubleshooting and processing updates.
- Provides support to employees for their retirement benefits.
- Communicate with Benefit Specialist employee hires, changes, and terminations.
- Travel to branch locations for training and support as needed.
- Communicates to direct supervisor any concerns or incidents that may need follow-up.
- Communicates office policy, procedures, and changes to all staff.
- Fosters an inclusive work environment.
- Provides excellent support to all staff, including responding to inquiries/concerns in timely manner, being courteous and giving sincere attention to staff members, knowing individual’s names and using their names when speaking to staff members.
- Maintains confidentiality of employee information and exercises discretion when dealing with sensitive information.
- Actively recruits, trains, and engages groups of volunteers.
- Actively participates on the “Strong Kids” annual campaign as assigned.
- Upholds guidelines as outlined in the Employee Handbook of the Association.
- Maintains appropriate records.
- Attends designated meetings and trainings.
- Carries out other duties as assigned by the Human Resources Director or Management Staff.
Education and Certifications
- High School diploma required – 2 year Associates degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Business Administration, or related program is preferred.
- Online New Employee Orientation, Child Abuse Prevention, and Blood borne Pathogens within 30 days of employment. Child Abuse Prevention and Blood borne Pathogens to be refreshed every 12 months.
- CPR/AED, First Aid and Oxygen within 60 days of hire and kept current.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license, insurable driver’s record according to the YMCA’s insurance carriers, and have reliable transportation to travel for business meetings, training events, YMCA site visits, vendors and suppliers, etc.
- Two years administrative support experience required and a minimum of one year Human Resources support experience required.
- Computer skills needed, particularly with Microsoft Office and email applications, Paycor and OnBase system experience preferred, along with ability to learn internal YMCA software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is regularly required to sit, stand and walk for long periods of time, to talk and hear, to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, to climb or balance, to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, occasional bending or squatting. The incumbent is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Also required is frequent hearing and talking, in person and on the telephone. More than 90% of time is spent indoors. The condition of the air is normal/average air conditioned/ventilated. The noise level is normal to loud within an active YMCA program environment.
Indeed - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard