SPEND YOUR SUMMER OUTDOORS! WE HAVE AMAZING EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES FOR INDIVIDUALS WHO ENJOY WORKING WITH CHILDREN, WORKING HARD, AND HAVING A LOT OF FUN!
YMCA Camping Services, Camp Round Meadow, is currently hiring program staff for our summer resident camp programs.
These positions require: friendly, enthusiastic, supportive individuals with knowledge and at least 2 year experience related to resident camp programs; the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of individuals; the ability to work and live as a team with other staff and members and to conduct business in a professional manner; individuals who have a positive attitude and are able to adjust to varying situations; individuals who are service oriented; CPR, First Aid, and AED certified; visual and auditory ability to respond to critical incidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency situation; and ability to write and speak English.
As part of our hiring process all potential staff is required to pass a background check and are subject to random drug testing.
Depending on position and experience
Seasonal (June – August):
Positions available in:
- Aquatics Center: Pool or Lake Lifeguarding
- Sports Center: Mountain Biking, Archery, Recreational Games, Zumba
- Arts Center: Arts & Crafts, Circus Skills, Theater/ Drama, Radio Broadcasting, Sewing, Photography
- Ropes Course: High Ropes, Teambuilding, Climbing
- Adventure Center: Outdoor Cooking, Orienteering, GPS, Reptile Awareness, Overnight Hikes & Camping Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Willing to work long hours in program, housekeeping and kitchen duties
- Develop and deliver a program that is appropriate for the ages and abilities of the campers.
- Deliver progressive activities.
- Teach and monitor proper use of equipment.
- Ensure that camp staff and campers know and follow safety and educational procedures.
- Ensure campers and staff follows safety procedures.
- Assist in the care and maintenance of related equipment.
Other Job Duties:
- Participate enthusiastically in all camp activities, planning, and leading those as assigned.
- Participate as a member of the camp staff team to deliver and supervise evening programs, special events, overnights, and other all-camp activities and camp functions.
- Assist in the planning of any special events.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Desire and ability to work with children outdoors in varied conditions.
Indeed - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -
YMCA of the USA is the national resource office for the nation's 2,663 YMCAs, which serve nearly 20.2 million people each year, including...