SPEND YOUR SUMMER OUTDOORS! WE HAVE AMAZING EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES FOR INDIVIDUALS WHO ENJOY WORKING WITH CHILDREN, WORKING HARD, AND HAVING A LOT OF FUN!
YMCA Camping Services, Camp Round Meadow, is currently hiring program staff for our summer resident camp programs.
These positions require: friendly, enthusiastic, supportive individuals with knowledge and at least 2 year experience related to resident camp programs; the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of individuals; the ability to work and live as a team with other staff and members and to conduct business in a professional manner; individuals who have a positive attitude and are able to adjust to varying situations; individuals who are service oriented; CPR, First Aid, and AED certified; visual and auditory ability to respond to critical incidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency situation; and ability to write and speak English.
As part of our hiring process all potential staff is required to pass a background check and are subject to random drug testing.
Depending on position and experience
Seasonal (June – August):
Positions available in:
- Aquatics Center: Pool or Lake Lifeguarding
- Sports Center: Mountain Biking, Archery, Recreational Games, Zumba
- Arts Center: Arts & Crafts, Circus Skills, Theater/ Drama, Radio Broadcasting, Sewing, Photography
- Ropes Course: High Ropes, Teambuilding, Climbing
- Adventure Center: Outdoor Cooking, Orienteering, GPS, Reptile Awareness, Overnight Hikes & Camping Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Willing to work long hours in program, housekeeping and kitchen duties
- Develop and deliver a program that is appropriate for the ages and abilities of the campers.
- Deliver progressive activities.
- Teach and monitor proper use of equipment.
- Ensure that camp staff and campers know and follow safety and educational procedures.
- Ensure campers and staff follows safety procedures.
- Assist in the care and maintenance of related equipment.
Other Job Duties:
- Participate enthusiastically in all camp activities, planning, and leading those as assigned.
- Participate as a member of the camp staff team to deliver and supervise evening programs, special events, overnights, and other all-camp activities and camp functions.
- Assist in the planning of any special events.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Desire and ability to work with children outdoors in varied conditions.
YMCA of the USA is the national resource office for the nation's 2,663 YMCAs, which serve nearly 20.2 million people each year, including...